Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

An early sign of this game gaining respect back for Sonic?

I think it's going to take more then that concept art to get Sonic's media respect restored.

I'd say its an early sign that proves that at least one media outlet deserves less of my respect, as it will to any other gaming group that is stupid enough to act like "Sonic only = quality game" has any resemblance of truth to it.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd say its an early sign that proves that at least one media outlet deserves less of my respect, as it will to any other gaming group that is stupid enough to act like "Sonic only = quality game" has any resemblance of truth to it.

uhmm I don't think it's that simple. Most fans in the media are Classic fans, because of their age they grew up with the classic games. The fact that we know sonic is the only playable, it's 2D, and the badnick art gives the feel that this is indeed made for classic fans.

I haven't bought a sonic game since heroes, I pretty much have a mild disgust for the series I love. So if we're going retro again then lets start back from square one. Start with only sonic in the first needlemouse game and go from there. You have to remember there are TONS of sonic fans out there who love the genesis games but lost interest after the series took the turn to 3d. Sega needs to make a game they can relate to and find enjoyable again before they push some more of the classics on us again, like tails and knuckles.

Okay, let's change the subject from this incessant bitch-fest.

Suppose they are making a Wii version. Do you think they'll outsource it to Dimps like they did for Sonic Unleashed?

I could see it like this: PS360 gets a more classic-like Sonic game while the Wii gets something a bit more akin to the Sonic Rush/Advances games. I think it's a possiblility.

I suppose if they were making it they would've announced it by now.

Well, they haven't even announced what specific consoles this game is for or the final title, so I'm not going to count it out just yet.

Okay, let's change the subject from this incessant bitch-fest.

Suppose they are making a Wii version. Do you think they'll outsource it to Dimps like they did for Sonic Unleashed?

I could see it like this: PS360 gets a more classic-like Sonic game while the Wii gets something a bit more akin to the Sonic Rush/Advances games. I think it's a possiblility.

That would be disastrous for Wii-only owners if Sega were to give them the shaft by giving them a game with a different style. There's no denying it-- This game needs to be more classical than Mozart across all platforms in order to have some semblance of a chance. Deviating from that plan on any console would put the franchise in a hole not even Sonic '06 could muster.

Well, maybe I exaggerate, at least in terms of the critics. They can't tell the difference between Sonic 3 and Rush, so it probably wouldn't interfere with the Metacritic rating too much. But I believe the gamers would proceed to tear Sega down brick by brick. It's not a risk worth taking with this project. xP

Edited by Nepenthe

RubyEclipse (who I remember from PSU, weird he promoted at SEGA) has been talking about this game at neogaf.

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. We'll think about it, maybe, but only because you requested it. :)

It would be awesome if the HD version was SU looking while the hypothetical Wii version looked exactly like the Genesis classics.

Sometimes I think there might not be a Wii version, but then I look at every console Sonic game since after Sonic 06 and realize they've all been on Wii in some form.

Doesn't Sonic sell best on Wii by far? If so wouldn't it be idiotic of Sega not to release the (possibly) most significant Sonic title in years on the Wii whether it's half-assed or not?

I don't know, Wii might get the shaft on this one. Glad I'm a multi-console owner.

oh wow. 15 pages in 9 hours. you guys are insane.

.. Huh? uhm.. we already had Sonic as the only playable character befor... Secret Rings anyone?

O_O Crabmeat... x3

Imagine when a trailer with actual game footage is released... the entire internet might explode.

Doesn't Sonic sell best on Wii by far? If so wouldn't it be idiotic of Sega not to release the (possibly) most significant Sonic title in years on the Wii whether it's half-assed or not?

Pretty sure that's a myth. Every shitty mc shit title Sonic 06 sold over a mil on xbawks

There's more to video game development than sales.

Of all the features of classic Sonic, I actually never liked being Super Sonic in regular stages. I guess because I've never been a fan of "God Mode" in general. I can see the interest in blazing through the game, nothing stopping you except a random bottomless pit, but if I wanted that I go play Sonic Rush :P

The appeal of Super Sonic is not exactly "playing god-mode" exactly, it works as a great reward when you just beat an entire relatively "hard" game, now you get to play it again, only easier. I'd love for Needlemouse to have sort of a "New Game +" unlocked after you got emeralds or something, where you can choose to play the game starting with zero emeralds or all emeralds. That way those who want to play with a challenge can continue to do so, and those who want to blaze through levels can do that as well.

Here, let me accurately portray what the fanbase would look like if such a thing came true.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E29iOPSxF94

shortly followed by,

Exploding-head.gif

and later followed by,

burn_the_fan_of_the_show_we_hate.jpg

Edited by Black Spy

Personally it doesn't matter to me if it's on Wii or not. Though it would be a shame for Sonic fans that only own a Wii and can't really afford a new system. Also that's assuming the game ends up being the glorious return to form we all dream it will be. Then again if it was ported to Wii there is always the chance of it feeling half-assed by comparison anyway. Also, I know sales aren't the only important thing. To act as if they aren't important at all would be silly though.

Though it would be a shame for Sonic fans that only own a Wii and can't really afford a new system.

Its always a shame when the system you own doesn't get all of the games that the others do. It has happened to every console that I've ever owned (nearly eleven years after the fact, I'm still saddened that the PSX never got Beetle Adventure Racing). But there comes a time when you have to accept it and move on, and Wii owners should have expected to miss out on a lot of games when they bought the system in the first place

Edited by Tornado

Yeah I know, them's the breaks. It just seems like a game like this would be much easier to bring over to Wii then something like SU.

Like I said earlier we still don't know what consoles the game is comfirmed to be on so we shouldn't count out the Wii just yet.

Though I guess if it is HD, then yeah, no Wii version unless the Wii is getting some sort of consolation game.

Its always a shame when the system you own doesn't get all of the games that the others do. It has happened to every console that I've ever owned (nearly eleven years after the fact, I'm still saddened that the PSX never got Beetle Adventure Racing). But there comes a time when you have to accept it and move on, and Wii owners should have expected to miss out on a lot of games when they bought the system in the first place

This is why you plan ahead, especially since it didn't take that long for a Sonic game to appear on both graphical platforms shortly after they launched. Wii owners just suck it up and buy a 360 or PS3. They've already had 2 Sonic console games thus far. Same is true for those that don't have a Wii, 2 storybook games, a unique version of Unleashed, and a Riders sequel. There's been plenty of other games released on all systems to date if Sonic games aren't enough to justified your purchase. You'll find something I'm sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I know, them's the breaks. It just seems like a game like this would be much easier to bring over to Wii then something like SU.

Not if the game's selling point is that it's HD. People with Wii's should've known that they would not get HD DLC games. It's like buying an 360 and then bitching you can't play bluerays on it. It's something people should KNOW. And it happens all the time. I don't see it getting put on the Wii... because... the Wii does NOT have HD support.