Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

What I Am Complaining About:

I don't want a trend started where we have to earn our information, regardless of what it is.

I would've been much happier, for example, if they'd've gone with the Brawl approach. It's not the information itself that's the problem (I like the redesign), it's the way they went about it (and how we could have lost it).

I'm also pissed off that this whole campaign has essentially opened up the character-war even further, but I've not said that yet. In fact, Joystiq seem to have tried to publicly execute ilcane87 over the characters.

Wow, you guys are all insane. Shadow fanboys throwing hissyfits about the lack of new characters like Shadow (because we all know that they're more important the gameplay itself)?

Yelling at us oldschool fans because you think that we think "2D is the only right way", whenever really we just want a classic-styled Sonic game? Really?

I can't say this is making any of this any better. Really, when exactly did these two events happen?

The first I don't think ever occurred, and the second is stretching things a bit. For the 2D is the only right way bit, the things going on are not really any different when it was the modern fans on the recieving end of harsh criticism.

I find it kind of funny how roles have flipped between classic and modern fans, and what is even more interesting to note Azukara is that there are barely any modern fans actually bitching at Classic fans. The ones who are are fans of both Modern AND Classic games, and you're really stretching tension more by trying to demonize solely the Modern fans.

We have to be fair to everyone right? ;)

I came in here to rejoice about what I'd seen and celebrate with fellow friends of SSMB, and all you nasty cats are gonna do is nagnagwhinewhinenag.

On top of that...we made the Penguinator cry. Shame on you muthafuckas. SHAME! :angry:

I'm such a silly guy. :lol:

Call me when you guys are done. I'm gonna wallow in the awesomeness that is this Shellcracker redesign.

Honestly, screw the Shellcracker/Crabmeat redesign, where's the damn Penguinator redesign at? :angry:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I know it's been said several times over, but Super Sonic NEEDS to be playable in every level. In 3D I understand that it wouldn't have worked as well. Now that this game is supposedly being designed with a classic frame of mind there is no reason for Super Sonic to be a final battle thing only.....though he can be that too because Doomsday Zone is awesome.

Plus one of the questions was about Super Sonic, so I'll grasp at straws and say that was a hint that he will be an unlockable.

What I Am Complaining About:

I don't want a trend started where we have to earn our information, regardless of what it is.

I would not have minded so much if the information was worth it. While I am happy to see concept art for one badnik (as well as confirm Sonic is the only playable character, which I think most everyone already figured) I would have preferred if SEGA could have been a tad more generous with the "bonus" award given the effort the fans put into earning it.

I should totally make a T-shirt that says "I signed onto Twitter and all I got was a piece of concept art".

Personally, I'm rather contempt since not only did I NOT sign up for Twitter, but that the badnik concept art removes most of the doubt from before that the game being classic influenced.

Besides, it's still better than when we had next to no information at all before.

I know it's been said several times over, but Super Sonic NEEDS to be playable in every level. In 3D I understand that it wouldn't have worked as well. Now that this game is supposedly being designed with a classic frame of mind there is no reason for Super Sonic to be a final battle thing only.....though he can be that too because Doomsday Zone is awesome.

Plus one of the questions was about Super Sonic, so I'll grasp at straws and say that was a hint that he will be an unlockable.

If Super Sonic's included... I hope they come up with a new way to activate him. D: Tapping the jump button twice just leads to too many accidental transformations (Especially if the Insta-Shield is in this game).

Maybe I will! And like said, it will be AWESSOOOMMMMEEEEEE.

Besides, it's not so much that it's Shellcracker than it is a sign that Badniks have made a return. It's something I've wanted for ages. :3

Did you NOT play Sonic Rivals 2? There were whole MISSIONS dedicated to wiping out badniks! X_X

I agree! No excuses now. It didn't fly with the Advances/Rushes and it won't fly here :D

Of all the features of classic Sonic, I actually never liked being Super Sonic in regular stages. I guess because I've never been a fan of "God Mode" in general. I can see the interest in blazing through the game, nothing stopping you except a random bottomless pit, but if I wanted that I go play Sonic Rush :P

And Azukara, that post was right hypocritical coming from someone who is tired of people stereotyping fans who have classic preferences. If you're going to try to mediate some controversy in that manner, it would help to show a little more tact and acknowledgement.

I am just getting irritated with the fact that I am getting excited about this being the game that could be what I've always waited for, and people go nuts about it and naysay it because "BAWWW 2D" and "BAWWW NO SHADOW". This is where people are hating all over what classic Sonic fans have been wanting forever. Besides, this is a downloadable title, meaning this isn't really their game, per se. It is for the people who loved the classic games. They could wait for Unleashed 2 (which I will be waiting for that as well, but this is special to me). I'm sorry I stressed it out in such a nasty way.

Now when exactly did these two events happen?

I find it kind of funny how roles have flipped between classic and modern fans, and what is even more interesting to note Azukara is that there are barely any modern fans actually bitching at Classic fans. The ones who are are fans of both Modern AND Classic games, and you're really stretching tension more by trying to demonize solely the Modern fans.

It happened a page or two back. People nagging on about it being Sonic-only and how Shadow wasn't in and that they believe this game is now officially crap just because he isn't in it. I won't call names because I don't wanna start arguments. Oh yeah, and people saying stuff about what we loved being nothing but nostalgia and that "nostalgia isn't gonna solve anything." I know this, but the artstyle and gameplay style will definitely give the series a fantastic direction to work upon.

As I already said, I guess I'm just so used to people getting on my case about being a "retro fanboy" that I exploded. :P Sorry about all that.

Honestly, screw the Shellcracker/Crabmeat redesign, where's the damn Penguinator redesign at? :angry:

And yes, I want Penguinator too. :3

Edited by Azukara

Good question. I'm mainly mad at Sega for empty promises I've already heard many times before, revealing the game too early when they actually have nothing relevant to reveal, and hearding the community like sheep this past week to ultimately just inflate the userbase of useless social apps. I also think the fanbase is getting overly excited for this game for the wrong reasons.

But they have delivered on their promises. Lets look at it.

They said if you complete the challenges they'll remove the names from that roster. And did they? Yes.

They said that they may show something extra at the end if you all did very well... and did they? Yes.

What exactly did they not do that they said they would?

and hearding the community like sheep this past week to ultimately just inflate the userbase of useless social apps

Thats why you're angry? Because you registered on Twitter?

Do people really believe that had nobody even done this then there would have been no information... EVER!? Alton Towers last week more or less confirmed that there would be a big announcement regarding Sonic in February. Will people go and complain to them if this doesn't happen?

Casanova win's the thread.

I wish I'd uploaded it to my main account now.

Can it get a front page mention hee hee.

With the classic Badnik's coming back I wonder if the item boxes, checkpoints and springs etc... will return to their classic form. Also, we need the classic sign posts at the end of an act too.

Even with it, it's just concept art, who knows what it will look like in the game, could be a side scrolling game but what style? Genesis? Advance? Rush? Rivals (WOO!)? Something else?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of all the features of classic Sonic, I actually never liked being Super Sonic in regular stages. I guess because I've never been a fan of "God Mode" in general. I can see the interest in blazing through the game, nothing stopping you except a random bottomless pit, but if I wanted that I go play Sonic Rush :P

I think it's best in the context of a reward for actually bothering to collect all those Chaos Mac-Guffins. A better trigger (like a shoulder button) wouldn't hurt though.

I think it's best in the context of a reward for actually bothering to collect all those Chaos Mac-Guffins. A better trigger (like a shoulder button) wouldn't hurt though.

I know right? It pisses me off that as soon as I get 50 rings, I can't use that cool little flash or even press jump twice in mid air. "Oh goddamnit, now I'm Super Sonic again :/"

Edited by jeremycarrier

So we can never criticize Sega ever again about any Sonic game because they can do as they wish with the franchise?

And Azukara, that post was right hypocritical coming from someone who is tired of people stereotyping fans who have classic preferences. If you're going to try to mediate some controversy in that manner, it would help to show a little more tact and acknowledgement.

Regardless, I'm probably going to leave as well. I sense trouble on the horizon....

Do i really have to explain. This isnt about a complete game that you allready bought with your money. This is about SEGA's staff just showing a picture of a crab. People complain about that and some actually get mad and angry. You have all rights of course but its wrong if you know what i mean. Especcialy since SEGA has never asked any of us to be fans and to complain.

Edited by Jaouad

But they have delivered on their promises. Lets look at it.

They said if you complete the challenges they'll remove the names from that roster. And did they? Yes.

They said that they may show something extra at the end if you all did very well... and did they? Yes.

What exactly did they not do that they said they would?

Not those. Though they might as well be empty. They essentially promised "nothing" for today. i don't see why anyone else didn't see that.

Just the stuff pretaining to this game that has any relevance to the statement "going back to its roots." *cringes* Those are the empty promises I'm talking about.

And I did not sign up for Twitter. Because I don't want to support useless social apps I don't want to use. No one should have had to either. The reward for doing it certainly wasn't worth it.

It happened a page or two back. People nagging on about it being Sonic-only and how Shadow wasn't in and that they believe this game is now officially crap just because he isn't in it. I won't call names because I don't wanna start arguments.

I went through 20 or so pages, and the only recent argument about Shadow was between me and Phos on him being an angsty character in SA2.

There weren't any Shadow fans whining and moaning about him not being in the game, and many of those same fans actually made predictions that he might not be in the game based off the hint the SegaBlog gave us. If there were, the same people who were getting on the Classic fans asses about this game in particular would've also gotten on the the Shadow fans asses as well.

Many were disappointed, but they weren't bitching. You should know that no one is safe from the criticisms made by those who are fans of both worlds. ;)

Oh yeah, and people saying stuff about what we loved being nothing but nostalgia and that "nostalgia isn't gonna solve anything." I know this, but the artstyle and gameplay style will definitely give the series a fantastic direction to work upon.

Okay, now that I know actually happened.

I won't deny that is being a bit of a killjoy, but as Nepenthe said, karma's a bitch. Modern fans were put in this same situation around 5 years ago (I know. I was there and so was Nepenthe), and now the Classic fans are reaping what they sowed.

Only difference is that it isn't just the Modern fans jumping on them, and some of these Modern fans actually grew up with and enjoyed the Classics, which would kind of make them Classic fans in a sense. :P

As I already said, I guess I'm just so used to people getting on my case about being a "retro fanboy" that I exploded. Sorry about all that.

Might want to control that in the future, just to be careful. ;)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Not those. Though they might as well be empty. They essentially promised "nothing" for today. i don't see why anyone else didn't see that.

lol then what? You're just complaining for nothing.

What did sega promise that they didn't deliver? Show me the quote so we can all see.

Just the stuff pretaining to this game that has any relevance to the statement "going back to its roots." *cringes* Those are the empty promises I'm talking about.

Show me where they've said that. Alton Towers said re-launch, have sega outright said that, find the article and show it.

And I did not sign up for Twitter. Because I don't want to support useless social apps I don't want to use. No one should have had to either. The reward for doing it certainly wasn't worth it.

So why are you moaning about doing so!?

Seriously, all this negativity is just as bad as the optimism. Actually, it's worse. At least the optimism is represented by stuff we know (sonic only, classic spirit, whatever). The negativity is just stemming from a track record of unrelated games.

I'm sorry. Unrelated? I don't see how.

I'm pretty angry about this because Sega is doing the same bullshit that they do every single time, and the fanbase is falling for it yet again. And I'm not even referring to the Sonic Cycle (or at least not the whole thing).

Edited by Tornado

I am just getting irritated with the fact that I am getting excited about this being the game that could be what I've always waited for, and people go nuts about it and naysay it because "BAWWW 2D" and "BAWWW NO SHADOW". This is where people are hating all over what classic Sonic fans have been wanting forever. Besides, this is a downloadable title, meaning this isn't really their game, per se. It is for the people who loved the classic games. They could wait for Unleashed 2 (which I will be waiting for that as well, but this is special to me). I'm sorry I stressed it out in such a nasty way.

I accept your apology wholheartedly. But take heed and remember this-- You don't that think modern fans weren't irritated for the five years you guys bawwed like this over Shadow, '06, Unleashed, and Black Knight's revelations, proclaiming even worse things about these games' impact on the series, and even blaming us for the series' downfall? None of you didn't think about that back when it was happening, but now when people aren't exactly on your side when it comes to something you want, you feel pissed. Well, so have we about such resentments for a long time, so I can honestly say that I feel that the classic fanbase is getting exactly what it deserves. Maybe this should be a lesson to both sides not to be so inconsiderate to people who have different tastes, hmm? x3;;

But this is regardless of the fact that I'm actually confused about all of this riff-raff. Unless I missed something, I think you and others have missed the point. I don't think anyone is even mad over the game's angle. I and a few others are simply peeved that Sega's first elaboration in months about what this game is was extremely insignificant, and it's something we had to work for to get. I want to know more than this; Everyone does regardless of their leanings. I just don't want to be led along by week-long trivia games and whatnot if the end result is only going to be just more bits and pieces.

Really, is it wrong to want to go back to the Unleashed style of marketing where we actually knew everythingsomething? tongue.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Show me where they've said that. Alton Towers said re-launch, have sega outright said that, find the article and show it.

So why are you moaning about doing so!?

I figured that was the implications being made by the teaser, and the fact that the concept art is a revamp of an old Sonic 2 enemy. If the messages I'm getting are wrong, and what everyone here was talking about was wrong, then please correct me.

And I'm not allowed to make any comments on what I think about a hype campaign Sega's doing? Then why are we even talking about stuff here?

Hmn... I wonder though, will this game have Genesis styled music, or newer type? Like should we be expecting Genesis-era sounds, or more Adventure/Heroes style?

Well don't think I never had a small liking for all these other games like Shadow and such. :P As much as I supposedly loathe them, I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so dang terrible. Now, Nextgen? I don't know how anybody has remained being die-hard fans of that mess. XD

Anyways, on-topic: WOO SHELLCRACKER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I want them to feature every composer they've ever had.

Assign each composer a zone and boss theme, basically.

Also, a collaboration theme for the final boss.

Maybe switch the composer up for the Act 2 themes, as well.

Like this:

Masato Nakamura - Zone 1: Act 1

Howard Drossin - Zone 1: Act 2 (Remix of Act 1's theme)

Masato Nakamura - Zone 1: Boss

Howard Drossin - Zone 2: Act 1

Jun Senoue - Zone 2: Act 2 (Remix of Act 1's theme)

Howard Drossin - Zone 2: Boss

and so on.

Edited by Arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well don't think I never had a small liking for all these other games like Shadow and such. :P As much as I supposedly loathe them, I wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so dang terrible. Now, Nextgen? I don't know how anybody has remained being die-hard fans of that mess. XD

I'm mostly referring to when Sega announced these games and we proceeded down the road of hype; Before the games released. All of these games were blasted more than Obama in Texas, and yet this anti-whine sentiment that we're noticing from the Classic fans didn't exist, because they were the ones doing the whining. Things like this are a two-way street. If you don't want modern fans to bitch about a classic game before release, then don't bitch about modern games before release; Simple as. xP

Hmn... I wonder though, will this game have Genesis styled music, or newer type? Like should we be expecting Genesis-era sounds, or more Adventure/Heroes style?

If the game is going to be HD, I reckon it'd be more appropriate for classic-oriented music, but rendered with more advanced instruments and such. But no remixes, though. Ice Cap put me off of those forever.

PS: Why is my font screwed up?... Ah well.

Edited by Nepenthe

I accept your apology wholheartedly. But take heed and remember this-- You don't that think modern fans weren't irritated for the five years you guys bawwed like this over Shadow, '06, Unleashed, and Black Knight's revelations, proclaiming even worse things about these games' impact on the series, and even blaming us for the series' downfall? None of you didn't think about that back when it was happening, but now when people aren't exactly on your side when it comes to something you want, you feel pissed. Well, so have we about such resentments for a long time, so I can honestly say that I feel that the classic fanbase is getting exactly what it deserves. Maybe this should be a lesson to both sides not to be so inconsiderate to people who have different tastes, hmm? x3;;

^This. Oh so totally this.

I mean, I like both classic and modern Sonic (and I'm currently pretty excited for Needlemouse), but it's kinda refresing to see classic fans be given the same kind of crap that they have been giving modern fans for years. Why can't we all just accept eachother's opinions?

Edited by gamerguy21

I figured that was the implications being made by the teaser, and the fact that the concept art is a revamp of an old Sonic 2 enemy. If the messages I'm getting are wrong, and what everyone here was talking about was wrong, then please correct me.

But the game isn't out yet? Even when it is, they're not going to release Sonic 1 with pretty graphics and leave it as that.

It's concept art! Meaning it'll change as the developemnt process goes on. Anyone remember the early Sonic Chronicles concept art, whatever happened to that guy with the mustache in the market place?

And I'm not allowed to make any comments on what I think about a hype campaign Sega's doing? Then why are we even talking about stuff here?

Oh please don't even try the free speach card. The issue is, you and many others are moaning, when called to justify that, the responce gets as far as "They made me use Twitter!" or "It's the same old bullshit" But that doesn't answer anything!? What bullshit? Why did you register on twitter? To find out who was playable in the game! What did they promise you that you did not get?