Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

Nicole looked at the technological city, with cybernetic parts sprawling around the city, rubbing her chin in curiousity. "What could we possibly find here?" she thinks aloud, pulling out her handheld self. "I've got an idea... That is, if the city doesn't require all these wires and cables on the walls."

"This is interesting. And weird," Genji comments, stepping around the computer parts on the ground. Robots everywhere, of strange designs... Nothing he was used to, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 4

Celes poked at one of the the strange symbols. "Why am I getting weird Big Brother vibes to this place?" She then cleared her throat. "Its part of my talent to read classical literature to know the mindset of people of old. Yeah..." Everyone seemed to ignore her and moved on.

• Thumbs Up 3

"I'm not sure I like this city..." Ray shuttered. A lot of the robots reminded him of his past... a past he tried to forget and payed for.

"Man, Baird would be all over this city like a rash..." Sarge muttered to himself. Mog then picked up what Sarge said.

"Sarge, who's Baird?" She asked.

"A friend, one the members of the original Delta squad, an absolute asshole but one you wanted around since he could pretty much build or fix anything machine wise. A talented man I respected but he just never quite mastered the art of shutting up when necessary."

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Princess Jellicent said:

Celes poked at one of the the strange symbols. "Why am I getting weird Big Brother vibes to this place?" She then cleared her throat. "Its part of my talent to read classical literature to know the mindset of people of old. Yeah..." Everyone seemed to ignore her and moved on.

"1984, published 1949 by author Eric Arthur Blair, pen name George Orwell," Nicole calls. "...And that sits in my database... For some reason..." Having said that, Nicole awkwardly scratches the back of her head. Shaking it off, she continues the business she had, eyeing the walls and it's many wires and cables for some kind of access port.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jessica instinctively threw her hood over her head, trying to hide her face. "I suppose we had better start looking," she said, walking forward. The road made fuzzy ripples of energy as she walked, accompanied by a deep buzzing sound. This held true of Lumina and the others as they followed after her.

"J-Jessica, where do you think they'd be?" Voidica asked as she caught up to her.

"Well if we're being sent to where we're meant to be, it's probably at some place here!" Jessica said, trying to keep quiet. "Now, where could I be right now, the power plant, the killer shopping centre, the Capital of Science..."

Ibuki overheard Jessica's musings. "Huh, she's seen some crazy shit, Ibuki reckons. But this city's so huge!" She clawed her head in frustration. "How are we ever gonna find them?!"

• Thumbs Up 3

"It's a long shot, but remember how Monokuma was able to track Ryoko's soul because they were the same person?" Kaede asks as she walks ahead.

Sayaka turns to Kaede and nods. "Yeah, you told me about that. What about it?"

Kaede scratches her head, trying to figure out how to explain it. "Well..." She begins to explain. "...You think it's possible if Jess could track herself down using her magic? I'm not sure it how it works, but it's worth a shot..."

• Thumbs Up 3

"A city of cybertechnology, huh?" Pup mused as he nudged George, "Sounds like your kind of place!"

"Well, it would be," George mumbled as he observed his surroundings, a little unnerved by the dark setting and eye symbols all over the place "If it wasn't  so dark... and resembled some totalitarian utopia."

"Eh... I guess you're right.. We've seen one too many of those in our time, huh?" Pup sighed, "Sooo... any ideas as to where to start? Anyone?"

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"It's a long shot, but remember how Monokuma was able to track Ryoko's soul because they were the same person?" Kaede asks as she walks ahead.

Sayaka turns to Kaede and nods. "Yeah, you told me about that. What about it?"

Kaede scratches her head, trying to figure out how to explain it. "Well..." She begins to explain. "...You think it's possible if Jess could track herself down using her magic? I'm not sure it how it works, but it's worth a shot..."

Jessica turned to Kaede and shook her head. "Even if that's possible, I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that!"

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Jessica!" Voidica was hopping up and down with a big smile on her face. "I've been meaning to ask; y-you're a Void Sorceress, and yet you can just absorb magic and use its most powerful spells like nothing! How do you do that?!"

Voidica's question was cut short when Lumina saw something off in the distance. "Hang on a minute, you guys! Look down there! And look who's there..." She pointed to the farthest end of the main road, where several Monokumas were marching off to the left-hand exit. Floating near them was the same robot they'd previously seen a while ago, only without a dent in its head.

Ahq5i05.png?1

Jessica turned to Voidica. "I'll tell you on the way," she said, while turning to the others. "We follow close behind them, and we don't get seen by any cameras or Charn Troopers, OK?" She turned to Nicole. "And don't go uplinking to anything. At best, you'll get a virus, at worst, you'll let them know we're here."

"AND get a virus!" Ibuki added, winking.

"The point has been made, Ibuki," Jessica sighed, rushing after the platoon while trying to stay hidden.

• Thumbs Up 3

"We gotta be quiet, guys. I'll secure a route." Sonic takes charge, rapidly dashing from cover to cover, remaining hidden while getting closer to the Monokumas. When he feels like the route is clear, he quietly whistles, signaling the other Skylanders to hide behind the closest building's behind, where he's located.

Sayaka and Kaede eventually make their way to Sonic's location. The three peek ahead until all the Monokumas pass them before moving onto the next building they pass.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Jessica turned to Voidica. "I'll tell you on the way," she said, while turning to the others. "We follow close behind them, and we don't get seen by any cameras or Charn Troopers, OK?" She turned to Nicole. "And don't go uplinking to anything. At best, you'll get a virus, at worst, you'll let them know we're here."

"AND get a virus!" Ibuki added, winking.

"The point has been made, Ibuki," Jessica sighed, rushing after the platoon while trying to stay hidden.

Putting away her handheld, Nicole mutters, "...My security is fine, but okay..." She follows behind Jessica, wary of her surroundings.

Genji nods, running behind Jessica, prepared to strike at any moment if he had to.

• Thumbs Up 4

As soon as sonic gave the signal, the Canine Captain dramatically rolled towards him. While it looked cool in his mind, Pup looked like a wobbly, fast egg rolling on its side to everyone else. As soon as he reached his destination Pup leapt to his feet, holding his hands up in a karate pose as he looked from side to side to make sure the coast was clear.

George on the other hand was not as well prepped with his flashy evasion moves. Instead, he used his tread-like feet to roll over to everyone else, constantly looking over his shoulder in fear of being caught.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Sarge, how long do we plan on staying here?" Ray whispered as the gear placed him on his shoulders once again.

"I don't know... now be quiet." Sarge told Ray quietly. He then noticed Mog was trying to pick up something and then yanked her up. "Leave it, for all we know it's a trap."

Mog just pouted. "My leg is still sore." 

"You'll be O.K."

"That robot... was he a big cheese too?" Ray then asked.

"Probably. Looked like the same one past Jess curb stomped." Sarge answered.

The three then followed everyone's lead and kept in cover as best they could. Despite being built like a tank Sarge could move pretty swiftly without making too much noise. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yusei and Sion followed suit by hiding in-between buildings. "There's a lot of them" Yusei said as he heard the footsteps go by. "Judging by their footsteps I've calculated that this is a massive army of Monokumas. Be careful on your next move..." Sion said to the others. Celes tried to keep up with the others but her heels seem to not help their cause by their loud clopping.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Emperor Robrainiac said:

As soon as sonic gave the signal, the Canine Captain dramatically rolled towards him. While it looked cool in his mind, Pup looked like a wobbly, fast egg rolling on its side to everyone else. As soon as he reached his destination Pup leapt to his feet, holding his hands up in a karate pose as he looked from side to side to make sure the coast was clear.

George on the other hand was not as well prepped with his flashy evasion moves. Instead, he used his tread-like feet to roll over to everyone else, constantly looking over his shoulder in fear of being caught.

"Heh, you're getting really into this, are ya?" Sonic chuckles at Pup's actions.

Sayaka puts her finger to her mouth. "Shhhhh!" She exclaims, her head tilted to the side, alerting them to the Monokumas who could potentially hear them.

• Thumbs Up 4

As the Skylanders followed the Monokumas and Beta across the city, they noticed some Charn Troopers were joining the squad. Seeing one even from a distance seemed daunting; resembling tall masked humanoids in heavy riot armour, each one seemed capable of utterly crushing every bone in a human's body, particularly normal ones like Yuta. The ones joining the Monokumas were equipped with a heavy looking gun on their arm, which glowed faintly red.

"A-Are those D-D-D-D-D-Death magic g-g-g-guns?" Lumina asked, unusually terrified as she rapped her knuckles together.

"Seems so," Jessica mused. "Wherever they're heading, they mean business. But... I don't think I ever came down this way when I was on Enchantus..."

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Spin Attaxx said:

As the Skylanders followed the Monokumas and Beta across the city, they noticed some Charn Troopers were joining the squad. Seeing one even from a distance seemed daunting; resembling masked humanoids in heavy riot armour, each one seemed equipped with a heavy looking gun on their arm, which glowed faintly red.

"A-Are those D-D-D-D-D-Death magic g-g-g-guns?" Lumina asked, unusually terrified as she rapped her knuckles together.

"Seems so," Jessica mused. "Wherever they're heading, they mean business. But... I don't think I ever came down this way when I was on Enchantus..."

"Death Magic Guns?" Kaede squints her eyes. "That doesn't look good..."

The pianist turns to the abnormally scared Lumina, a face of empathy forming. She gently pats the small Elemental on the head. "Don't worry, I won't let them get any of us." 

• Thumbs Up 3

"Woah, check out the fire power on these assholes, thank Sera Baird ain't here, He'd want one to reverse engineer." Sarge whispered checking out the Charn Troopers.

"Sarge, I-I-I don't I can handle this, those bots are giving me flashbacks..." Ray pleaded. 

"Reign it in pest, we're here for Jess."

"I don't blame Ray... those robots look super mean." Mog noticed and got a shiver down her spine... they too gave her bad memories. Memories of botched missions and a especially big botched mission.

• Thumbs Up 3

Genji's hand hovers over the katana on his back. "Tell me when to fight," he states to Jessica, hiding from the marching army.

Nicole watches the march, careful as to not be seen, trying to analyse these Charn Troopers. Her eyes sharpen as she looks closely...

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Death Magic Guns?" Kaede squints her eyes. "That doesn't look good..."

The pianist turns to the abnormally scared Lumina, a face of empathy forming. She gently pats the small Elemental on the head. "Don't worry, I won't let them get any of us." 

"Th-Thanks Kaede," Lumina said, hugging the pianist's leg (she was only so tall). "Th-the thing about Death magic is... we Elementals, we're immortal, yeah? We can go on for many many years, we can take abuse all day long and it'll hurt, but we can't die..."

She took a deep breath and looked up at Kaede. "Death magic kills and destroys everything in its path. Anything that gets hit by it can't ever be brought back to life; there's nothing to bring back. That's how Charn was able to take over as effectively as he did; nobody could stop him... and then he killed... everyone..."

Voidica's face fell as she comforted Lumina, who was trying her best not to cry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Spin Attaxx said:

"Th-Thanks Kaede," Lumina said, hugging the pianist's leg (she was only so tall). "Th-the thing about Death magic is... we Elementals, we're immortal, yeah? We can take abuse all day long, and it'll hurt, but we can't die..."

She took a deep breath and looked up at Kaede. "Death magic kills and destroys everything in its path. Anything that gets hit by it can't ever be brought back to life; there's nothing to bring back. That's how Charn was able to take over as effectively as he did; nobody could stop him... and then he killed... everyone..."

Voidica's face fell as she comforted Lumina, who was trying her best not to cry.

Sonic remains silent. When Kaede looks at him, she assumes it's because of how Mephiles killed his own race, and how similar this is...

...But Sonic's concern is of something else entirely.

I can't interfere with the flow of time like this again... Sonic rants in his mind. I was lucky enough to save the 78th Class of Hope's Peak just fine, but there's no way lightning can strike twice... right?

I want to save them... But am I even allowed to?

• Thumbs Up 4

"Th-Thanks Kaede," Lumina said, hugging the pianist's leg (she was only so tall). "Th-the thing about Death magic is... we Elementals, we're immortal, yeah? We can go on for many many years, we can take abuse all day long and it'll hurt, but we can't die..."

Nicole's head turned to see Lumina and Voidica feeling all down, and she went over to comfort them. "Don't worry, it's okay. Every mad villain always has their one crazy weapon they use to conquer everything, but experience tells me you can overcome it and destroy this weapon, you just need to keep your spirits up. But the losses, I'm sorry... We would have helped stop him if we could..."

Looking back up at the march of Monokumas and Charn Troopers, she then tells them, "For now, we can not let this stop us. Every second counts here, and we haven't got any to waste."

• Thumbs Up 4

"This death magic sounds like it should be lost in time" Yusei said, "its something not meant to be in anyone's hands." He then peeked out of a corner to check on the Monokumas and the the Charn Troopers. "It looks like we have company."

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

"Magic? In my technology? Blech! Who puts magic and technology together?! We might as well be dipping carrots in chocolate! Maybe these guys shou-"

Pup's rant was interuppted by a rough nudge from George. Confused, pup looked at the lanky robot, glaring at him as he motioned to the distressed Lumina and Voidica. Pup's composure fell the rest of the story began to sink in... 

"Oh... wow...Gee..." Pup rubbed his arm. "I'm... I'm sorry, miss. Rest assured, we'll see to it that this madman will never raise that magic gun to anyone again."

• Thumbs Up 4

Voidica tried to brighten the mood as they moved from building to building. By now, they had reached a dock, where a large ship was resting nearby in the inky black waters.

"So, um, about my question, Jessica..."

"Oh, right." Jessica started to explain; "See, my Magic Core's only 99% Void magic. For some reason - no one knows why - there's a small percent of it that's pure Magic, right? And that small percent is what lets me copy magic from willing sources."

Voidica's eyes were wide with astonishment. "Wow... how did your family survive being wiped out? I thought all Sorcerors were killed, except for the one..."

"Oh, uh, I wasn't from a magical family or anything, a-and Charn never came to Earth. I was a one in five hundred gazillion birth. No-one could explain how I was born with my Core in the way it was, no-one even knew what a Magic Core was! Heh heh!"

Voidica frowned. "I wish I had powers like those, Jessica... then I could get power from as many Elementals as I could, an-an-and blast Charn to sm-sm-smithereens!" She raised her arms in determination, even making a determined face.

Jessica knelt down and smiled. "Oh, well you'll be pleased to know that this is around the point where I decided to put off finding a way back to Earth, and instead tried to help you out."

Ibuki almost broke her neck with whiplash as she turned to Jessica. "Y-You mean you willingly went up against these things? Like, by yourself?!"

Jessica closed her eyes. "Sayaka wasn't there. Sonic wasn't there, Star wasn't, Trunks wasn't, Katii wasn't... I did it because... because nobody else could. Because nobody else would." She turned to Lumina and Voidica. "Because when all's said and done, next to both of you, or Ivorn, or Wukong, or Lily, or even Shade... I'm more expendable than any of you."

• Thumbs Up 4

Jessica closed her eyes. "Sayaka wasn't there. Sonic wasn't there, Star wasn't, Trunks wasn't, Katii wasn't... I did it because... because nobody else could. Because nobody else would." She turned to Lumina and Voidica. "Because when all's said and done, next to both of you, or Ivorn, or Wukong, or Lily, or even Shade... I'm more expendable than any of you."

Sayaka immediately turned to Jessica and stomps forward. "H-How could you say that?! You're not expendable at all!" She yells angerly.

"Sayaka, SSSH!" Kaede warns, her hands face down, lowering.

Sayaka takes a deep breath. "...Stop saying you are..." She mutters.

• Thumbs Up 4