Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

29 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Hey can you go on Bumblekast and ask whats shadow's role gonna be?

You can email them personally at bumblekast@yahoo.com or on Twitter with the #Bumblekast.

• Nice Smile 1

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I just remembered something...I can reread Eggman's Dozen and the following Universe arcs soon!

Huh?

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Huh?

It's Midterms Week for me, with Springbreak being right around the corner.

Also, I was trying to lowkey disrupt Connie and Lax's argument.

Ooooh...

You got my hopes up there. I see that as the first thing on the page and think "did they announce Archie reprints at the end of the last page??" hahaha

12 hours ago, Razule said:

Now that you mention it..

image.png.697dd4a4471eec8f3f6fc8b91deecf76.png

image.png.ef897ad719d254fd5bb727315bdea408.png

image.png.004251fa8809c7da052ea5bc90b35353.png

Huh... 

I'd honestly just chalk that up to different artists.

• Nice Smile 1

56 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Ooooh...

You got my hopes up there. I see that as the first thing on the page and think "did they announce Archie reprints at the end of the last page??" hahaha

Ooh, sorry bout that. 

Though considering what recently came up in the Lara-Su thread...

• Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ooh, sorry bout that. 

Though considering what recently came up in the Lara-Su thread...

I still think post-reboot reprints are much more likely.

• Nice Smile 1

I still believe the “Mobius” and related terms can still be used in a completely different context (like as an alien planet and race to both the animals and the humans), or just as a joke, due to it having last been used in social media. Is “Robotnik” a banned term? It was nowhere to be seen at all in Mania (unless maybe in the source code or unused concepts), and “Eggman” is apparently his birth name in Boom.

7 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I still believe the “Mobius” and related terms can still be used in a completely different context (like as an alien planet and race to both the animals and the humans), or just as a joke, due to it having last been used in social media. Is “Robotnik” a banned term? It was nowhere to be seen at all in Mania (unless maybe in the source code or unused concepts), and “Eggman” is apparently his birth name in Boom.

It wasn't in Generations.

Mania's manual still calls him Eggman, so I guess both dimensions have dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

And Boom does what Boom wants.

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

It's Midterms Week for me, with Springbreak being right around the corner.

Also, I was trying to lowkey disrupt Connie and Lax's argument.

Connie?!

Great...now people are gonna think I’m a girl.

:lol:

Has Ian said anything on the status of the "classic's from another dimension" thing?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Has Ian said anything on the status of the "classic's from another dimension" thing?

I don't think he'll have a choice on that one. 

I don't know what the point of splitting up into 2 universes, it's really stupid. The Archie comics handled it better (post-reboot). A world where both humans and furries exist.

• Thumbs Up 8

While the World of Sonic book that recently got released has quite a few typographical errors, it does seem to be tuned in with the latest information on the franchise (ie Classic Sonic is said to be from another dimension, which is the current angle on him). If that holds true for the collective name for non-human characters, then it seems to be...animals. Huh. 

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

While the World of Sonic book that recently got released has quite a few typographical errors, it does seem to be tuned in with the latest information on the franchise (ie Classic Sonic is said to be from another dimension, which is the current angle on him). If that holds true for the collective name for non-human characters, then it seems to be...animals. Huh. 

Is there any other interesting information in this book? Any links to share? I saw the contents page in a preview, and the games were listed out of order, which was strange/sloppy.

1 hour ago, Pengi said:

Is there any other interesting information in this book? Any links to share? I saw the contents page in a preview, and the games were listed out of order, which was strange/sloppy.

Not really. It runs through the main and extended cast (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream & Cheese, Big & Froggy, the Chaotix, the Babylon Rouges, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Chaos, and oddly Gamma rather than Omega) and then the major modern era games under stories (SA1, SA2, the Advance trilogy, the two Rush games, Heroes, Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Transformed gets a page of artwork). Other minor details are sprinkled throughout, like Vanilla being Cream's mom's name, Chocola being Cheese's brother, Gerald's last name being Robotnik, Chaos being a mutated Chao, etc. Details that most Sonic fans that know their way around the series are already familiar with but aren't acknowledged as often nowadays. The line about Classic Sonic being from another dimension is just a passing mention on Generations' plot summary page.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Which is weird cause in Generations they set up that they are time traveling and that it was their past selves, I don't remember them saying that they were from another dimension. The other dimension stuff wasn't until Forces wasn't it?

• Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Which is weird cause in Generations they set up that they are time traveling and that it was their past selves, I don't remember them saying that they were from another dimension. The other dimension stuff wasn't until Forces wasn't it?

Retroactive addition.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

and then the major modern era games under stories (SA1, SA2, the Advance trilogy, the two Rush games, Heroes, Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Transformed gets a page of artwork).

I love how they listed all modern games, with two obvious black sheep swept under a rug.

And no Forces and Mania for some reason.

Shadow always gets left out of these game lists, presumably because it doesn't star Sonic so they can't talk about it in relation to their main character. There are references to both in there so it's not like they're forgotten completely, anyway. 

• Nice Smile 1

8 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

and oddly Gamma rather than Omega) 

I don't think that's odd, Gamma despite being in officially a single game does more than omega did in every game he was in. Making a much more lasting impression. 

6 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Shadow always gets left out of these game lists, presumably because it doesn't star Sonic so they can't talk about it in relation to their main character. There are references to both in there so it's not like they're forgotten completely, anyway. 

Basically. Even if it would have been successful, it would have just been a spin off series. I don't expect them to bring up wario land in a book about the main mario series. 

11 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

and oddly Gamma rather than Omega) 

Huh. You think they'd just do what the comic encyclopedia did and have them share a page.

Is Omega in the book at all?

Considering the Classic alternate dimension thing, I wonder how he'll look in flashbacks to the pre-Adventure games.

• Exactly the same as his current design, because characters can't age
  • Chibi Modern Sonic
  • Using Classic design, but not explicitly saying it's the past, or Modern's memories
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1