Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

The way I see it, the boost vaguely makes sense as far as what a speedster running into something at high speed would do anyway (I say "vaguely" because it's not realistic either, but I digress). The boost aura is just a visual flair, it's the speeds he's going at that's dangerous, y'know? It'd actually be kinda interesting to see that come up in the comics, tho' I'm fine with sticking to the good ol' spin and wouldn't want that to be phased out, natch.

And on a related note Sonic never seemed to have much trouble getting to supersonic speeds from a standstill in the comic either, tho' I guess it's hard to tell in this medium. Plus, uh, super peel out, I guess.

• Nice Smile 1

Sonic used the Super Peelout when he went all out against that one Eggman mech that beat him...looked pretty sick.

Sonic just running into things with his face at high speeds doesn't actually look that cool, stick to the spin...cycle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unsure if this was shown before but this looks gorgeous! Would love to see that background colored ?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Ziggyfin said:

Unsure if this was shown before but this looks gorgeous! Would love to see that background colored ?

"Hi, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog. You might remember me from classic games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. You might be wondering, how did I get here in this situation....well you see..............

That's all I think of with the time stop looking BG XD.

Also I love the cover so good.

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Ziggyfin said:

I Don't recall seeing this before, gorgeous indeed, i love the background contrasted with Sonic.

(tailsshould'vebeencoloredthough)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marco9966 said:

I can't wait for the full coloring!

I think this is the finalized cover.

Better then original cover, feels slightly more unique.

Heck, it's not even Green Hills. Considering Tails, Coconuts, trees and pattern on that rock next to Sonic's shoe, it's clearly Emerald Hill!

...Not a huge improvement, but baby steps I guess.

I can't tell if it's intentional or not, and maybe it's just me seeing it, but I love how the curve of the log bridge seems to follow the arc of Sonic's hand as if to give a sense of him swinging his arm into that pose.

You can tell I do character animation for a living! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 5

A hybrid between the Classic and Modern Sonic design, that's pretty nice looking. Posing is decent.

3 hours ago, SaberX said:

Not a fan of Sonic's mouth on this one, but the rest looks really nice.

It'd look better with Mighty lips

• Chuckle 4

On 3/11/2018 at 4:48 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

As for Blaze I think she could potentially beat Perfect Chaos, but not "with no problem". She's slower than Sonic in Rush and there is a possibility Sonic got even faster past those few games.

I get what your saying here, but good God did that give me a chuckle. :D

Saying someone is slower than Sonic should come with the biggest possible asterisk. Might at well tell someone the Pacific Ocean is wetter than the Atlantic while you are at it.

• Nice Smile 1

I love that new cover, Tyson really captures Sonic for me, he gets it. Only thing I don't like with some of these covers not being revealed until late in the piece is it makes ordering more annoying. The online stores that get all the alternate covers in will be continually updating, and unless your on a buy everything scheme you have to make multiple orders or update existing ones to make sure you snag all the variants.

12 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Will they keep Knuckles as the leader of the resistance? If so, how will the master emerald be protected?

Just some soldiers he personally positioned in case Eggman ever decided to come after it.

I always though it's a big miss-opportunity that ME wasn't in the Resistance Base, as a power generator or something, kinda like Sonic X season 3. It would add a bit color to the room and tell us that writers can about most basic lore stuff, plus emphasis Knuckles key role in the group.

• Nice Smile 2

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I always though it's a big miss-opportunity that ME wasn't in the Resistance Base, as a power generator or something, kinda like Sonic X season 3. It would add a bit color to the room and tell us that writers can about most basic lore stuff, plus emphasis Knuckles key role in the group.

Oh my goodness...OHMYGOODNESS! 

You're absolutely right.

7 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Yeah, like, Knuckles takes the group to Angel Island to hide them from Eggman's invasion, and they go to an underground base there where the emerlad is protected and acts as powersource.

Yeah that would have been great!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Angel Island clearly wasn't safe considering the first attack was there. 

It also seems that the cast knew that Eggman had stopped bothering with the Master Emerald when his takeover of the world omitted it entirely. 

• Nice Smile 1

He could always just play up the angle from the lessons learned at the end of his Archie run. Getting it smashed/stolen all the time leaves us with a Knuckles that has figured out how to get very good at hiding the blasted thing.

If Knuckles can find a hiding spot that is undetectable, then it doesn't exactly need a guardian babysitting it. Knux can be more proactive in his protection of it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1