Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Does it seem like not too many people are scared of Eggman? Or is this just me over thinking things?

1 hour ago, Remynaka said:

Does it seem like not too many people are scared of Eggman? Or is this just me over thinking things?

Almost one that matters. Mimic is the only known exception, though I imagine Jewel would want to be nowhere near him either.

Civilians generally do, though, for obvious reasons.

• 1 month later...

So Issue 53 is out & oooooooweeeeeeee, that was quite a showdown!

Edited by TheNerdyKMT

• 1 year later...

Where did everybody go? :(

Anyway, I think the eight "Chaos Emerald" might be the Warp Topaz.

17 minutes ago, KnotholeLemur said:

Where did everybody go? :(

Anyway, I think the eight "Chaos Emerald" might be the Warp Topaz.

As a quick heads up, there's still active IDW comic discussion, it's just that rather than use a Megathread, site staff have changed things up to instead ask users to drop individual topics for issue discussion, or if it's a specific matter, like such in this case - the Chaos Emerald/Warp Topaz theory, it's own thread. Although in this case, I would personally say the Fang issue discussions would be a better place for this.

Either way, if you go to the comics subforum below:

https://www.sonicstadium.org/forums/71-comics/

https://www.sonicstadium.org/forums/47-comics/

You'll find more IDW discussions. 

Enjoy your time on the forum, and welcome to the community!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/30/2022 at 6:19 PM, Red Hot Jack said:

Late to the party here (very much late to the party), but given that I literally got into the IDW comics because I happened upon Starline's wiki article and just got so freaking obsessed with the character just from reading through it (this has only happened once before in my life, and that's with Antoine of all characters, and to be fair in that case it was more than one article) that I absolutely had to buy all the books to read through the arc myself despite knowing how everything ends (and to be fair he deserved it)... I'm intrigued to hear that his unlikely return is still technically possible.

I'm especially curious as to how his psyche would evolve as a result of the trauma. If he's still somehow alive, then clearly he's gone into hiding, not even willing to make contact with Surge and Kit (possibly he saw Surge burning his hypno-glove and now knows that returning to them is a death sentence). Is he biding his time for revenge, or is he too terrified to so much as show his face anymore? Because there isn't a person on the face of the planet he hasn't wronged in some way (the Metal Virus saw to that), and if he ever reappears, he knows Eggman will go after him again and he does NOT want a repeat of that traumatizing beatdown.

If he has somehow survived, and I actually said this on my very first forum post here, it'll probably be because he had the foresight to inject himself with the same quick-healing biotech he gave Surge. He believed it was safe enough to use on her; why wouldn't he use it on himself?

2 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

He believed it was safe enough to use on her; why wouldn't he use it on himself?

Let’s say this motherfucker was wrong and it screwed up…

He’d have a hell of a time getting a second chance. Makes more sense to use Guinea Pigs…er, a tenrec and fox in case that happens, moral ethics aside.

Edited by CrownSlayer’s Shadow

12 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Let’s say this motherfucker was wrong and it screwed up…

He’d have a hell of a time getting a second chance. Makes more sense to use Guinea Pigs…er, a tenrec and fox in case that happens, moral ethics aside.

Do you honestly believe Dr. Starline was at all willing to admit that he could've been wrong?

I would.like to see idw make more use of the time stones going forward. Would give them a broad canvas to work from too if each stone had a certain quality like 5 years back / 5 years forward, 10 years etc

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

I would.like to see idw make more use of the time stones going forward. Would give them a broad canvas to work from too if each stone had a certain quality like 5 years back / 5 years forward, 10 years etc

The question is, would Sega let them use the Time Stones outside of the Classic universe? Because they only ever really appeared in Classic-style games...

I've read up to the end of the metal virus. Is there anything in this book that shakes the Status Quo/ anything intresting happening ? The book is canon so I don't really see them making any big events. What's Shadow like in the new issues?

5 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

Do you honestly believe Dr. Starline was at all willing to admit that he could've been wrong?

I honestly believe he’s only willing to take risks he knows he’s right on and then use a test subject to confirm it.

It makes way more sense to use someone else than to use yourself if you have options. Plus, it’s less risky and he gets a useful subject to weaponize out of it.

The guy makes contingencies to minimize risk when he can, so I’d assume using someone else instead of himself to verify his experiments would make more sense so that he can evaluate his findings. The guy chastised Eggman for not fully testing the kinks out of the Metal Virus, so he’s clearly not one to take a massive risk of putting his modified virus in himself without using someone else first.

That’s not to say he didn’t do it at all, but think: if you were an evil genius trying to create a living weapon, would you really want to use the experiment on yourself first or would you rather use someone else just to be on the safe side before using it yourself?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I honestly believe he’s only willing to take risks he knows he’s right on and then use a test subject to confirm it.

It makes way more sense to use someone else than to use yourself if you have options. Plus, it’s less risky and he gets a useful subject to weaponize out of it.

The guy makes contingencies to minimize risk when he can, so I’d assume using someone else instead of himself to verify his experiments would make more sense so that he can evaluate his findings. The guy chastised Eggman for not fully testing the kinks out of the Metal Virus, so he’s clearly not one to take a massive risk of putting his modified virus in himself without using someone else first.

That’s not to say he didn’t do it at all, but think: if you were an evil genius trying to create a living weapon, would you really want to use the experiment on yourself first or would you rather use someone else just to be on the safe side before using it yourself?

That's fair.

Although his idea of 'knowing' he's right on something does not always mesh with reality. He was too overconfident for his own good and that ultimately killed him because he thought he could take on Dr. Eggman on his own turf and was so thoroughly wrecked that it completely broke him.

7 hours ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

I've read up to the end of the metal virus. Is there anything in this book that shakes the Status Quo/ anything intresting happening ? The book is canon so I don't really see them making any big events. What's Shadow like in the new issues?

No more than any of the games do, for the most part. 

13 hours ago, Razule said:

No more than any of the games do, for the most part. 

Any stories that gives us anything intresting within the lore? Like how in Frontiers the Emeralds are of alien origins. Or would the games only do stuff like that? I guess that's what I would like most out of the comic.

Just ordered idw vollection vol 4. Looking forward to post metal virus stories as that dragged on for way too long. Should my optimism be justified? 

4 hours ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

Any stories that gives us anything intresting within the lore? Like how in Frontiers the Emeralds are of alien origins. Or would the games only do stuff like that? I guess that's what I would like most out of the comic.

Not really. It kinda does its own thing and is set before the events of Frontiers…I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2024 at 12:06 PM, castell-neath said:

Just ordered idw vollection vol 4. Looking forward to post metal virus stories as that dragged on for way too long. Should my optimism be justified? 

Honestly the Metal Virus was the most exciting thing to come out of the book for me. Hope you like Surge, Kit, and Starline because there's not a lot going outside of them for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I accidentally revived this megathread after nearly 2 years empty. Haha :P

IDW turned 6 yesterday by the way!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Surge is probably my favorite of the IDW Sonic characters. She reminds me of Fiona from Archie Sonic.

And yes I do have a thing for bad girls. 😘

• Thumbs Up 1