Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

57 minutes ago, NikoS said:

So, what you guys think “the gate” will be like? Something looking like an ancient echidna gate, or more like the generations boss gates?

(that is, if it’s brought into play)

Sounds like something out of Stargate SG1. Huge metal ring, controls, no immediate security nearby... 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

You ever feel like people get too finicky about relatively simple issues?

Yes, yes they do. It really gets a variety of emotional reactions from the onlookers.

Ah, so apparently they got away with it being one planet before because they never actually specified what planet they were on. Yup, good old loophole, exactly how I figured it'd go if he decided to ignore it

I guess that goes to show how little the specific planet really impacts things. And apparently equal amounts of animals and humans living in one place is fine

...which is why there's no reason for there to be two worlds in the first place but whatever, SEGA, your series

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 3

6 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

I'd say the gate is one of Tails' inventions, kinda like the Fargate from inSonicnia.

Then explain the Knuckles Tribe in the Human World, as well as Angel Island.

Yeah I'd imagine the portal would be a naturally occuring phenomenon that's always been around.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

Maybe the portal's just a common thing everyone has access to, humans and animals. Maybe there are even multiple gates.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Then explain the Knuckles Tribe in the Human World, as well as Angel Island.

The gate Tails built was intended as easier access of the portal that was used years ago by the Echidnas.

• Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

The gate Tails built was intended as easier access of the portal that was used years ago by the Echidnas.

Maybe Tails built the portal used by the Echidnas.

Hmm portal aka the gates in Sonic OVA? Or if it's a physical thing, why not use the weird sun & stars loop from the original Sonic game drafts/art that never ended up in the game. 

The two worlds thing has me at odds, I disliked the humans in the games bar Eggman of course, but keeping them separate is a good move, as that means I won't have to see them all the time.

I always kind of enjoyed it just being Eggman, he was unique and special, and a real opposite to Sonic. It was interesting thinking about where he could have come from, did he build a ship and crash on this all animal planet etc. Knowing he's from a 2nd world that's connected somehow just takes the mystery away. Having the other humans not bat an eye at Sonic and chums, meaning they are well known or animals cross over all the time makes it kind of boring...

Eggman, no one knows where he comes from, he's so different, his tech is so against nature etc and he wants to enslave us all.

Vs. Oh yeah, Eggman he's just a nasty human from the 2nd world, came through and brought his tech with him to try conquer us. We go back and forth and fight him.

I prefer the first one to be honest...

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the two worlds will be used as a plot point like in X? Like, you know, Sonic and friends are dicking around for one arc, and then BOOM, Eggman warps them to this new world and Sonic has to get outta here.

Yes, hi, I'm the person that asked the two-worlds question on the bumblekast.

I really enjoyed having the mobians and humans all on one world because it gave me a sense of belonging in that world without having to create myself as some sonic oc, I could just be my normal self.

It also gave me a better understanding of the characters in a way. As someone who struggles with empathy due to Asberger's, its really hard for me to feel empathetic for something that exists on another world than the one I'm sort of used to. Basically I can't relate to anything if its on the other side of the wall than I am.

It's also rather odd that he would do this (and I'm saying he because remember Sega gave him more freedom to make this world) considering what's been going on in society in general. We're starting to call out those who ignore empathy and inclusion and are actively fighting for it. This feels like such a step back from the post-reboot, and I'll keep on fighting against the two-world canon.

43 minutes ago, JC_Mike said:

Yes, hi, I'm the person that asked the two-worlds question on the bumblekast.

I really enjoyed having the mobians and humans all on one world because it gave me a sense of belonging in that world without having to create myself as some sonic oc, I could just be my normal self.

It also gave me a better understanding of the characters in a way. As someone who struggles with empathy due to Asberger's, its really hard for me to feel empathetic for something that exists on another world than the one I'm sort of used to. Basically I can't relate to anything if its on the other side of the wall than I am.

It's also rather odd that he would do this (and I'm saying he because remember Sega gave him more freedom to make this world) considering what's been going on in society in general. We're starting to call out those who ignore empathy and inclusion and are actively fighting for it. This feels like such a step back from the post-reboot, and I'll keep on fighting against the two-world canon.

I think that SEGA did give him more freedom, but, as he said, if they found out that it was two worlds, then they'd have to revert that. IDK why, but SEGA is insistent on things like this.

• Nice Smile 3

Reminder that Sonic's World is the equivalent of Mars in the Sonic universe

It's not that relevant, but it is weirdly specific

22 minutes ago, Razule said:

Reminder that Sonic's World is the equivalent of Mars in the Sonic universe

It's not that relevant, but it is weirdly specific

No, you're thinking of Mobius. According to Iizuka that's what they call Furry!Mars for some reason.

Just now, Splash the Otter said:

No, you're thinking of Mobius. According to Iizuka that's what they call Furry!Mars for some reason.

I thought that meant that was just supposed to represent Animal Planet..

8 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

News just in: Ian has said on today's Bumblekast that the IDW comic will have the two-worlds canon.

Man, that made the last two days...sort of irrelevant. 

Okay, why not.

Let's see how comics will handle it. My bet is that for first years we won't even notice it.

• Nice Smile 1

Just throwing out another idea for the portal/gateway: It could be like the Special Stage warps.  Stars floating around lampposts, giant rings, etc.  You could even say that the Special Zone(s) exist in the space between the two, i.e. you always go through there in passing from one world to the other.

• Nice Smile 1

I don't mind the two worlds idea that much, so long as Ian's able to properly get out in front of it as he is here. Dealing with something like that later on in? That's a problem.

• Nice Smile 1

Personally, I don't really care about them using the "two world setting" instead of the one-world one : I just want to them to actually use it to do interesting stuff with it (by playing with how the relation between the two worlds are, how some character visited the other world (for instance Gerald could have done that a lot), maybe playing with how Eggman come from the human world, etc), and having a setting that explain the small problem (like Flynn seems to have said that it would already do). Both settings have the potential for good stories. Now they have to use it *well*, and not to revert back in five years as it would just made everything even more chaotic :V

( At least if Eggman came from human world, it would explain why Eggman call in Colors the world "Sonic's World". As Sonic is his enemy, it can be logical for Eggman to refer of the animal world as the world of his enemy. )

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Ok so turns out theres two world.

i want Flynn to only use Sonic's world and forget the human world then.

Because all I want is one world.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Ok so turns out theres two world.

i want Flynn to only use Sonic's world and forget the human world then.

Because all I want is one world.

...Okay. We know, you are saying this in every post, but I'm pretty sure this won't be the case because that's what SEGA dictates.

Anyway, I really think the "portal" is Angel Island, which is why it exists on both worlds, and it's why Gerald was able to see the pictures in Hidden Palace that inspired Shadow and Biolizard and Cannon's core, and it's where he found the Gizoid.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

37 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

( At least if Eggman came from human world, it would explain why Eggman call in Colors the world "Sonic's World". As Sonic is his enemy, it can be logical for Eggman to refer of the animal world as the world of his enemy. )

I'm also hoping Ian's allowed to give Sonic's world a name.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Sounds like something out of Stargate SG1. Huge metal ring, controls, no immediate security nearby... 

General Jack O'Neill cameo confirmed. ;)

• Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm also hoping Ian's allowed to give Sonic's world a name.

I wonder if it's a good idea. Most people already call it "Mobius".

If new name would be good, then I think I would adapt, but I can't speak for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2