Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

There's a thought.  I presume Chaos would pretty much no-sell Blaze's powers, would it not?  No idea why they would ever fight, mind.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

There's a thought.  I presume Chaos would pretty much no-sell Blaze's powers, would it not?  No idea why they would ever fight, mind.

It would be a sonic vs silver fight.

In action, Silver Should win everytime fullstop

In story execution, they would have blaze put up a fight and maybe beat chaos because ... plot.  

7 hours ago, FFWF said:

Well...if the Egg Pawns in Forces were originally created by the Phantom Ruby and they're still active at the beginning of this universe, then that means that the Infinite/Phantom Ruby is still around.

If Infinite is still around and can still create illusions, it's be a real problem if Chaos suddenly attacked Blaze when she wasn't expecting him.

...Although, I'm not sure if water is a problem for her, considering she was OK in the Water Palace and Coral Cave Zones.

• Nice Smile 2

9 hours ago, FFWF said:

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

It would be a sonic vs silver fight.

In action, Silver Should win everytime fullstop

In story execution, they would have blaze put up a fight and maybe beat chaos because ... plot.  

In the games, Blaze can light it up even if she's underwater - so she isn't exactly at the disadvantage that you would expect out of a water vs fire scenario.

Furthermore, even if Chaos is immune to fire damage (she could evaporate him lol) his Achilles heel comes in his oppositions speed. From Chaos 0 all they way up to Perfect Chaos, targeted quick strikes at his weak spot is all that is necessary to bring him down. Blaze can do that with the best of em. Heck as a boost era character, she would have no problems replicating Sonic's feat in Generations and knock off Perfect Chaos.

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

God, I'd hate to ever be in a position where I had no choice but to write for Blaze's character. It's bad enough I can barely get a handle on it without worrying about whether or not the minute details I get wrong will be upheld to extreme scrutiny but if she's supposedly so perfect than it'll be hard having any fun doing it on top of that. I'm just imagining breaking out into a cold sweat being told to write a tense situation involving her but everything I hear in relation to the obstacles she's been put through in the comics from people is that she should have been able to come out on top easily in all of them. I guess I'll have to take their word for it since I certainly can't tell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

Chaos as a god also is a wrathful character when faced with a dilemma regarding the use of the Chaos Emeralds' power. I feel that there'd have to be a lore heavy story to bring a character like them in let alone to justify them being angry and vengeful.  I'm not sure I'd classify Blaze as an OP character but faced with an amoeba of water?

Blazed_s.thumb.png.3d37305671bd00abbd72b2fc9d91ffe9.png

I'd find that Chaos would quickly find themselves at a boiling point. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I always question how strong Chaos really is.

Some people claim that Tails should beat Chaos 0, because in game he beat 4. Except that Sonic and Knuckles fought Chaos 4 as well, so probably it was 3 vs 1 battle. And Chaos 6 was beaten by with freezing robots. So in SA1 only Chaos 0 and 2 are beaten fair and square (assuming I'm right about Chaos 4 anyway).

Now, I realize that Chaos isn't really a god, so being beaten by "mortal" isn't impossible. Just saying, it's funny to look at Chaos 0 and think this thing is a weakling.

As for Blaze I think she could potentially beat Perfect Chaos, but not "with no problem". She's slower than Sonic in Rush and there is a possibility Sonic got even faster past those few games.

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

God, I'd hate to ever be in a position where I had no choice but to write for Blaze's character. It's bad enough I can barely get a handle on it without worrying about whether or not the minute details I get wrong will be upheld to extreme scrutiny but if she's supposedly so perfect than it'll be hard having any fun doing it on top of that. I'm just imagining breaking out into a cold sweat being told to write a tense situation involving her but everything I hear in relation to the obstacles she's been put through in the comics from people is that she should have been able to come out on top easily in all of them. I guess I'll have to take their word for it since I certainly can't tell.

I think her fans a just a tad overprotective. Due her nature Blaze appears really rarely, so long wait to see her beat up might be disappointment for some. I have similar reaction to Shadow (like in Collide), but I try to stay "aware" of myself.

• Nice Smile 2

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I think her fans a just a tad overprotective. Due her nature Blaze appears really rarely, so long wait to see her beat up might be disappointment for some. I have similar reaction to Shadow (like in Collide), but I try to stay "aware" of myself.

Well, I'm weird because I like it when that happens to my favorite characters. I like seeing them either get beat up because it'll amuse me as I'm a huge lover of slapstick... or I like seeing them in conflict so I can be happier when they finally overcome something. 

Sadly, it's hard to see that happen nowadays with anything outside of the comics of course. 

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Well, I'm weird because I like it when that happens to my favorite characters. I like seeing them either get beat up because it'll amuse me as I'm a huge lover of slapstick... or I like seeing them in conflict so I can be happier when they finally overcome something. 

Sadly, it's hard to see that happen nowadays with anything outside of the comics of course. 

Not every lost fight has a positive repercussions. Take Death Battle, that internet show where popular characters are pitted against each other in the fight. Imagine that Charmy was pitted against, I don't know, Bubsy the Cat. Would you want Charmy to loose?

There wouldn't be any character growth, Charmy winning second round or hilarious slapstick. Just Charmy loosing to god damn Bubsy.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Some people claim that Tails should beat Chaos 0, because in game he beat 4. Except that Sonic and Knuckles fought Chaos 4 as well, so probably it was 3 vs 1 battle. And Chaos 6 was beaten by with freezing robots. So in SA1 only Chaos 0 and 2 are beaten fair and square (assuming I'm right about Chaos 4 anyway).

Now, I realize that Chaos isn't really a god, so being beaten by "mortal" isn't impossible. Just saying, it's funny to look at Chaos 0 and think this thing is a weakling.

As for Blaze I think she could potentially beat Perfect Chaos, but not "with no problem". She's slower than Sonic in Rush and there is a possibility Sonic got even faster past those few games.

The issue I had was that in almost every arc Blaze was in, she was either defeated easily and/or was captured. Not many of the the other characters had a high rate of being drafted or captured like Blaze was, which came off as jarring.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I get that, I will admit that happens to me too. 

Though given the pre-reboot hitting on everyone. From making Tails and Sonic Abhorrent characters, and shadow a dictator... because reasons. And that being the reading status quo for years, and then shit like shadow dying in worlds unite. I would argue the fear is warranted. 

Bad writers and bad writing is a thing, and that's what I fear the most more than anything. Hopefully no new writer comes in and tries to cyclops anyone, especially shadow.

You wanna have a conversation about a character who got shit on by the comics for no reason, lets talk about cyclops. Dear lord

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Even though it was more likely a 3v1 fight against Chaos 4, that really just adds to the claim that Tails should still have the balls to fight Chaos 0 instead of cowering.

I mean, this is the same 8 year old motherfucker that was willing to storm a military Alcatraz/Pearl Harbor alone just to save his best friend, and in the game prior went up against one of Eggman’s most dangerous mechs by himself to save the city. Kinda find it diffuse he’s be scared of a single Chaos 0, illusion aside.

Multiple ones tho? That I’d find more believable for him to run away. Notice no one threw a fit when Tails cowered at the multiple Dark Gaia minions, one of them I think was either a Titan or Big Mama (?) that would give even Sonic a hard time, surrounding him in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Even though it was more likely a 3v1 fight against Chaos 4, that really just adds to the claim that Tails should still have the balls to fight Chaos 0 instead of cowering.

I mean, this is the same 8 year old motherfucker that was willing to storm a military Alcatraz/Pearl Harbor alone just to save his best friend, and in the game prior went up against one of Eggman’s most dangerous mechs by himself to save the city. Kinda find it diffuse he’s be scared of a single Chaos 0, illusion aside.

Multiple ones tho? That I’d find more believable for him to run away. Notice no one threw a fit when Tails cowered at the multiple Dark Gaia minions, one of them I think was either a Titan or Big Mama (?) that would give even Sonic a hard time, surrounding him in Unleashed.

I don't argue.

I was wondering more about Chaos strength, rather then Tails bravery.

7 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Notice no one threw a fit when Tails cowered at the multiple Dark Gaia minions,

Pretty sure I remember some people complaining about that...

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh yes, they bloody well did. Same talking points about what Tails did before that moment and everything. 

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not every lost fight has a positive repercussions. Take Death Battle, that internet show where popular characters are pitted against each other in the fight. Imagine that Charmy was pitted against, I don't know, Bubsy the Cat. Would you want Charmy to loose?

There wouldn't be any character growth, Charmy winning second round or hilarious slapstick. Just Charmy loosing to god damn Bubsy.

I mean, sure, but we weren't clarifying it as anything like that.

Why would that be a thing that came to mind? Death Battle is an almost context-less fight to start with. A comic is a lot different. Plus, I never said I'd be on board with it no matter what. If it's written like shit obviously I'm not going to like it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Yeah, that's my thought as well. 

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I think Chaos 0's standard fighting style would basically be Knuckles with stretchy limbs, powerful jumping, and the ability to phase his liquid self. Which would make him capable of wolluping someone pretty decently, but simultaneously easy to displace and hard to make stay down without a powerful enough attack.

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Like many things, I don't think the basic concept was really bad, but the execution was definitely too thick once I saw it for myself.

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Not until after Forces came out. Then some people did like they did with Colors and retroactively complained/denouced it.

You know, I hated it when Iizuka announced the two-worlds thing before but for some reason, hearing that the comics are going to have to follow it made it feel like I suddenly got hit with an anvil upside my head with the realization of just how stupid it is. 

Like I just had an epiphany on top of the epiphany I already had but it was saying the same exact thing except it felt even worse mulling it over.

I don't understand how that man's attempts to explain things can constantly make things more needlessly confusing. This wasn't even something that needed an explanation but now that it has one it no longer makes sense. That's almost Oscar worthy weirdness right there. 

I don't get it. Why can't they just co-exist. Just make weird looking humans and weird looking animal people. Give some of them on both sides powers and make some powerless or whatever if you want. Who cares? Just embrace how fucking weird your world is. The weirdness of Sonic's world doesn't need to be absent of humans to make sense. Nothing about Dr. Eggman makes any real-world sense and that's a good thing in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't understand how that man's attempts to explain things can constantly make things more needlessly confusing. This wasn't even something that needed an explanation but now that it has one it no longer makes sense. That's almost Oscar worthy weirdness right there.

What other confusing things do he say?

34 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I don't get it. Why can't they just co-exist. Just make weird looking humans and weird looking animal people. Give some of them on both sides powers and make some powerless or whatever if you want. Who cares? Just embrace how fucking weird your world is. The weirdness of Sonic's world doesn't need to be absent of humans to make sense. Nothing about Dr. Eggman makes any real-world sense and that's a good thing in my opinion.

Yeah, while I'm probably among the few that don't mind it(particularly since it's mostly just air), I'd definitely prefer if it was just this. Like the Archie Reboot.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What other confusing things do he say?

You've never been confused by some of the stuff that man's had to say about the continuity, the moon, Eggman-Nega, Blaze, other timelines, other dimensions, wisps, and other nonsense before? I almost can't comprehend how that's possible at this point.

I want that peace of mind for myself. I'd much rather have that then be consistently frustrated. 

58 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

You've never been confused by some of the stuff that man's had to say about the continuity, the moon, Eggman-Nega, Blaze, other timelines, other dimensions, wisps, and other nonsense before? I almost can't comprehend how that's possible at this point.

I want that peace of mind for myself. I'd much rather have that then be consistently frustrated. 

It's just that I've only heard/seen a few things from him, so I assumed you were referring to something I didn't know about.

But yeah, Eggman Nega being from the future(as he tells Shadow and Espio), Blaze being from her dimension(as introduced), Classic Sonic apparently being from another dimension due to DBZ time travel, and some of the Wisps hanging around the Lost Hex because they kinda liked what they saw of Sonic's World are mostly really simple explanations/justifications as far as I can tell.

are mostly really simple explanations/justifications as far as I can tell.

There may still be enough thread to make sense of it, but we're quickly being thread bare with each Q&A. xD

8 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Didn't Tails fight off a ton of Artificial Chaos on the Space Colony Ark, though? Sure he was in a mech but he one shot a ton of the things and grew up a ton. 

With the Dark Gaia I find that one excusable due to Dark Gaia energy causing depression, anxiety, and fear in a ton of people. He has an excuse there. There's no excuse for why Knuckles didn't feel a disturbance in the Chaos Emerald force however. Of all of the characters who should have been in Unleashed he should have been there helping Sonic or at least have been there to tell Sonic about the Emerald Temples. He is the Chaos Emerald guardian since he protects the Master Emerald but even that wasn't in Sonic Unleashed . But hey, continuity and Sonic. What's that? 

But Sonic Forces? There's no excuse for that. None. That is a demonstrably huge example of how there's a total lack of continuity in this series in how characters are portrayed let alone how the world works, and yes I do happen to care that we still don't have a solid globe or timeline for this series outside of the 90s Genesis stuff being very accessible even when a solid arc was told over Sonic 2 and 3&K or even the Sonic Adventures having some attempt of continuity. Either have a solid timeline for people to be able to explain to a casual fan or make it extremely accessible, please. Make up your mind on what it will be, Iizuka/Sega CEO/whoever it is that's in charge anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, SaberX said:

Would be kinda irrelevant in the game anyway, since you have to beat him in a boss fight. That would leave up to the comics to better explain the situation(in theory). 

It's kinda funny, but character in comics aren't same strength as games.

People threw many example of nerfing/worfing/whatever, but no one ever pointed out that Sonic never boosts in comic.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing. Remember #187 when Sonic fought Destructix and Chooligans? If he could boost, fight would end in five second, with all villains learning  Team Rocket  Blast Off technique. Only speedsters, flyers, giants (robots, monsters, etc) and possibly super strong characters can do anything to boosting Sonic.

• Nice Smile 1