Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Decided to do Twitter analysis in-numbers for Teen Choice Awards for the sake of comparison.

In a way to do it, I found TwitterReach.com (this site allows to scan Twitter activity for hashtags, users' names, e.t.c.).

And here's the results (first 100 tweets). 

Vote1.thumb.jpg.2eb464b02ab13ac1943a57af41c71721.jpg

8 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Rick and Morty only has 274? 

Likewise, Family Guy got 49,000+ votes on Twitter? Seems off given how it's barely been present on the #ChoiceAnimatedTVShow-- which has been dominated by Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Sonic Boom since the start.

I might count the votes by hand and include retweet amounts since the Teen Choice Awards includes those too in the final results. It'll be tedious, but more reliable, I think.

12 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Likewise, Family Guy got 49,000+ votes on Twitter? Seems off given how it's barely been present on the #ChoiceAnimatedTVShow-- which has been dominated by Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Sonic Boom since the start.

I might count the votes by hand and include retweet amounts since the Teen Choice Awards includes those too in the final results. It'll be tedious, but more reliable, I think.

26 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Rick and Morty only has 274? 

Those aren't the votes. That is a number of people who have seen those tweets with votes.

It's not that important now, considering that it's impossible to site-vote for the shows since the "AnimatedTVShow" section is gone from the site. Twitter is the only way to give support right now.

Family Guy at this point has 29 tweets by 29 contributors in 9 days (and considering that voting begins in 12th, it's only 16 tweets). Rick and Morty are having 9 tweets by 9 contributors in 2 days.

There are only three days left and I would recommend bringing some proactivity in Twitter if any of you is having an account in there.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

There are only three days left and I would recommend bringing some proactivity in Twitter if any of you is having an account in there.

Agreed. Let's show the world how much we love this little cartoon.

"The Haunted Lair" was... alright, I guess. Not too much in terms of laughs, but still enjoyable.

Amy was strangely absent from the final battle, though. Kinda bugs me.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

"The Haunted Lair" was... alright, I guess. Not too much in terms of laughs, but still enjoyable.

Amy was strangely absent from the final battle, though. Kinda bugs me.

Yeah, that bugged me too. Did she even have any speaking lines? Can't remember. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, sinclair said:

Yeah, that bugged me too. Did she even have any speaking lines? Can't remember. 

Nope, don't think so.

It's just strange she was omitted to me, considering most of the episodes this season have had the entire team fighting. I guess she didn't have too much to add. I can understand that.

The Haunted Lair was an underwhelming episode... The plot felt jumbled, unfocused, and messy. Also, where the heck was Amy at the end? I found it very strange how she was at the beginning of the episode, yet was no where to be seen, when Sonic and pals were fighting Barker at the end. It felt wrong for her to not be there. Not to mention how poor Sonic and pals were portrayed in this episode, but I'll get to that soon.

The episode starts off with Sonic and pals thinking it would be a good idea to visit TW Barker's haunted lair attraction. Why would they willingly pay a con artist who tried destroying them numerous amounts of times?... Eggman barges in line, and wants to see it first. But Eggman gets afraid of the ghost effects. Sonic and Tails find it hilarious how Eggman believes in ghosts, and decide to prank him while looking up ghost books in the library. Immediately after scaring Eggman with some ghostly noises, Sonic and Tails feel guilty and try proving ghosts don't exist.

They even take Eggman to TW Barker, to show Eggman how the haunted house was fake, and how the ghosts were just floating sheets tied to ropes. Eggman is relieved to hear ghosts aren't real, and heads home. However, he is then woken up by a ghost. He assumes it's fake, and tries finding it's rope, so he can cut it down, and expose it as a fake, but there are no strings, and Eggman is convinced his lair is haunted. Eggman tells Barker everything, and Barker offers to buy the lair off his hands, along with everything in it, and Eggman blindly agrees. The next part was the only part of the episode to give me a small laugh. Eggman wakes up Sonic by making loud noises from building a new shack right next to Sonic's shack. Eggman greets Sonic, and announces they're going to be neighbors. Sonic then gives a hilarious long and loud shout.

Sonic takes Eggman to the old lair to prove the lair is not haunted. Sonic points out how Barker tricked him with holograms of a ghost. Eggman gets outraged and exposes Barker in front of the villagers, for being a crook.. Barker gets outraged, and sends Eggman's robots to send Eggman away, and going after Sonic and pals for helping ruin his haunted house scheme.This is where the episode started getting rather annoying. It was strange to see Sonic and pals being no match for TW Barker controlling Eggman's robots. It just made Sonic and friends look incredibly weak and clueless. It also makes no sense to see Barker be better at controlling Eggman's robots than Eggman himself. Not to mention how Amy's lack of inclusion in this final battle was pretty lame. There was no reason behind it, she just wasn't there... It's so unlike her or her friends to make sure the whole team isn't there defending the village. It was one thing for Sticks to be missing from a few battles in episodes,because she's paranoid, or because the writers were still establishing her character, but to see Amy not there, it felt wrong. They could have wrote the episode out to have Amy be the one who exposed Barker for conning Eggman, leading to Barker capturing her, and luring Sonic and pals to save her or something, but no, they just wrote her out of the ending for no reason...

Eggman tricks Barker into selling back the lair, by ordering Orbot and Cubot to activate a virus onto all of Eggman's robots, to attack Barker. Barker pays Eggman to give the lair back, the robots, and shut off the virus. The episode then ends abruptly with Eggman fighting Sonic and pals. I really was looking forward to this episode, it sounded like a fun premise, but the unfocused plot, lack of actually being about a haunted lair, and the demoralizing of Sonic and  pals made this one of the weakest episodes of Season 2. So far, these past 3 season 2 episodes have been some of my least favorites in the series, and I was disappointed to find this week's episode even lousier than the last 2. At least the past 2 episodes had more than one laugh in them, but this one really felt like the writers didn't care at all... Hopefully next week will be better, but look, for the 4th week in a row, it's another Eggman episode... Oh and look, after that, another Eggman episode... Geesh, the writers are giving Eggman too much focus now... I like it better when they even the plots out, not flood each episode with one character focus...

The show is a regular darling with film festivals all of a sudden, huh? I have no problem with that if it gets Boom more exposure.

The only part from tonight's episode that cracked me up. Sorry for the poor sound quality, I don't know why it sounds like that, it did not sound like that when recording. Just have the volume down a bit, and it shouldn't sound as loud. 

http://imgur.com/a/DGXt2

Screenshots from today's new episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have not seen the haunted lair yet, but if it's not as good as some of you are saying, then you also have to take into account that this is the first episode of Sonic Boom to be written by this new writer. So the next episode with this writer might be an improvement over this one. Does this episode seem to anyone like a halloween episode?

30 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

I think you guys should consider that the is probably the new writers first episode. @SpongicX @SonicWind

Well I'm sorry, but the writing was disappointing in this episode. The episode title and description felt misleading. This episode barely had anything to do with haunted or lairs. The episode kept setting up ideas, only to quickly abandon such concepts. 

First the episode seems to imply it will be about Sonic and pals and Eggman exploring a haunted attraction, then it abandons the idea to make it seem like an episode about Sonic and Tails pranking Eggman over fear of ghosts, then a few seconds later, they make it seem like it will be about Sonic and Tails proving ghosts don't exist, then it turns into Eggman getting conned out of his lair, only to figure out not long after that he was tricked. Then it turns into a war of Barker vs Sonic and pals?

This episode was so unfocused, I almost liked the ideas presented, but they kept changing directions, and what we ended up with just left me disappointed...

Cindy Robinson was technically a new writer with her episode, and blew many's expectations, and is considered one of season 2's best. There is no excuse for how underwhelming the writing was in this episode, however...

The wit, and humor Sonic Boom is known for has been missing from these past few episodes, to me at least. I can't speak for everyone, but I think the show can do better than this. Season 2 was slowly going up to new heights, but it's starting to feel like the declining streak in quality that season 1 went through.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shame to see the last three episodes were weak.

I ask Frieberger why Amy wasn't i the final battle. This was his answer

To punish her for misbehaving during the production week.

Edited by RedFox99
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Shame to see the last three episodes were weak.

I ask Frieberger why Amy wasn't i the final battle. This was his answer

To punish her for misbehaving during the production week.

Bill's excuse makes no sense. In that case, Eggman and the villagers should be banned in each episode...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Bill's excuse makes no sense. In that case, Eggman and the villagers should be banned in each episode...

It was probably just a joke

Just now, RedFox99 said:

It was probably just a joke

You can't expect jokes to excuse lazy and inconsistent writing. At least Don't Judge Me set up a joke at the end to explain Amy's absense. Here, it just made it look like Amy was being irresponsible, or like she's not a member of team Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SpongicX said:

You can't expect jokes to excuse lazy and inconsistent writing. At least Don't Judge Me set up a joke at the end to explain Amy's absense. Here, it just made it look like Amy was being irresponsible, or like she's not a member of team Sonic.

Good point. It seems Season 2 is on a slump lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

You can't expect jokes to excuse lazy and inconsistent writing.

Well, when you have many different writers having episodes with different ideas then yes...the writing will be inconsistent.

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Well, when you have many different writers having episodes with different ideas then yes...the writing will be inconsistent.

Still, shows have people who are supposed to look over the writing, and say what needs to be changed in order to fit into the show's setting, but clearly, the staff doesn't care, despite many fans wanting them to try and keep things consistent. 

Having consistency doesn't mean the show will be boring or repetitive, but it helps viewers identify who the characters are. You can't have Eggman be threatening to attack the village in one episode, while having him worked up over having the government take down his lair in another. 

Does Sticks hate cute and fuzzy things, or not? Buster established that she hates anything cute, fuzzy, or adorable, yet we've seen her swoon over Tails's denial of being adorable in Tails's Crush, and show affection to a little bunny in The Next Top Villain.

It gets a bit annoying when the show establishes one thing, only to suddenly keep changing it, or ignoring it, without any development to back it up. This show originally claimed it wouldn't have continuity, yet season 1 and a lot of season 2 had continuity. How can we take continuity seriously, if the writers keep acting like continuity either exists or doesn't exist?...

• Thumbs Up 2

The reason why that comes up has to do with the writers just writing whatever the hell they want, continuity be damned. There's a bunch of contradictions that come up like that throughout the shows run. I'd have less of a problem with this, if the show didn't turn around and just acted like it was so brilliant and clever.

I get that level of irreverence is why people like Sonic Boom, but I continue to find it absolutely grating.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

The reason why that comes up has to do with the writers just writing whatever the hell they want, continuity be damned. There's a bunch of contradictions that come up like that throughout the shows run. I'd have less of a problem with this, if the show didn't turn around and just acted like it was so brilliant and clever.

I get that level of irreverence is why people like Sonic Boom, but I continue to find it absolutely grating.

It's stuff like that that makes wish the show had a more serious narrative