Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

39 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

We'll just have to see.

Good point. Now I'm curious about the screenshot. 

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

We'll just have to see.

Why is Sega constantly trying to divide fans? Instead of simply encouraging people to vote for Sonic Boom, they're now trying to divide fans up, by telling them to vote for the best team? Do we really need to vote for a team, to vote for this show to win? It sounds too complicated, to be honest... I just want to root for the show, not turn the characters and voice actors into a popularity contest...

21 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

That's not SEGA themselves, plus, the show gets voted for either way.

Of course it's not Sega, they're too stubborn and lazy to show support for their own show... I feel so sorry for the voice actors and writers, it shouldn't have to be their jobs to promote the show. They want the show to get more views, as much as the viewers want to actually be able to watch it. 

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Of course it's not Sega, they're too stubborn and lazy to show support for their own show... I feel so sorry for the voice actors and writers, it shouldn't have to be their jobs to promote the show. They want the show to get more views, as much as the viewers want to actually be able to watch it. 

You say that yet they tweeted out about the Teen choice award nomination on Twitter, and even talked about the show on the livestream. Plus, this is just something the actors are doing because they made a bet with each other.

51 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

You say that yet they tweeted out about the Teen choice award nomination on Twitter, and even talked about the show on the livestream. Plus, this is just something the actors are doing because they made a bet with each other.

I meant I feel sorry that they have to advertise the show, when it's not their jobs to do it. It should be the network's job and Sega's job to spread the word of this show, not be neglected to the point where only the voice cast, writers, and fans are the ones doing it.

Just mentioning the show once a week in a live cast is not the most effective way of sponsoring the show. There are no tv commercials for it, or ads on Youtube to promote it. Only Sonic fans are finding the stuff, but how does that attract  newcomers? Sega said they wanted Sonic Boom to attract new viewers, yet have done nothing to do just that.

Still, the Sonic fan base can be too sensitive and divided at times. Encouraging people to vote for their favorite teams will only divide the fans, not unite them. Now there's likely going to be a bunch of debates over why certain characters are better or worse... 

Some fans might be open to saying who they're voting for, while someone else is going to rudely step in and say "that character sucks", which causes an erruption of back and forth arguing and name calling. There are some terribly imature Sonic fans, who can not respect others for liking/disliking certain characters.

I love it when VA groups get together to do crazy stuff outside dubbing (see the Overwatch VAs). I wonder what happens to whoever loses the bet... 

Speaking of, I'm torn between Eggman and Sticks. Eggman for the evil ham that he is, and Sticks for the 4th wall breaking (plus the major improvements in her character). 

2 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I love it when VA groups get together to do crazy stuff outside dubbing (see the Overwatch VAs). I wonder what happens to whoever loses the bet... 

Speaking of, I'm torn between Eggman and Sticks. Eggman for the evil ham that he is, and Sticks for the 4th wall breaking (plus the major improvements in her character). 

Same dude, watching the VA's play the game's they voiced in or having a whole bunch of the play Dungeons and Dragons. It's pretty great.

I'm probs going Team Tails cuz he's kinda a punching bag in the show, so I'm gonna show him some love lol

I have to admit, Mike Pollock and Cindy Robinson are having fun with this, lol. I responded to one of Cindy Robinson's comments on Mike Pollock's Facebook, and it caused the two to start acting in character. By the way, Mike Pollock was the one who gave the angry responses in Cindy's last 2 comments.

I feel like my comment started a war between Amy and Eggman, lol.

IMG_1937.PNG

IMG_1938.PNG

• Thumbs Up 2

Naturally, I had to ask Mike himself as to what would happen to the person with the least votes. Here's his response... 

Screenshot_20170712-234717.png

20 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I have to admit, Mike Pollock and Cindy Robinson are having fun with this, lol. I responded to one of Cindy Robinson's comments on Mike Pollock's Facebook, and it caused the two to start acting in character. By the way, Mike Pollock was the one who gave the angry responses in Cindy's last 2 comments.

I feel like my comment started a war between Amy and Eggman, lol.

IMG_1937.PNG

IMG_1938.PNG

You got to talk to Cindy Robinson.

Can we vote on Facebook because I want to vote TeamTails.

14 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

You got to talk to Cindy Robinson.

Can we vote on Facebook because I want to vote TeamTails.

Only Twitter is where it counts. I can't vote for any of them. I like them all, and don't want to feel responsible for leaving any of them out.

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Why is Sega constantly trying to divide fans? Instead of simply encouraging people to vote for Sonic Boom, they're now trying to divide fans up, by telling them to vote for the best team? Do we really need to vote for a team, to vote for this show to win? It sounds too complicated, to be honest... I just want to root for the show, not turn the characters and voice actors into a popularity contest...

It's meant to be nothing more than a fun activity that also happens to help bring in voting support for the show. If people take it too seriously, that's not really the fault of the staff, now is it? It's really not fair to blame the staff for someone else's actions.

Is it necessary? No. However, does it need to be? No.

So far, there hasn't been really any division. Fun, yes, but no division. I'm just glad to see the show getting any kind of promotion at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

It's meant to be nothing more than a fun activity that also happens to help bring in voting support for the show. If people take it too seriously, that's not really the fault of the staff, now is it? It's really not fair to blame the staff for someone else's actions.

Is it necessary? No. However, does it need to be? No.

So far, there hasn't been really any division. Fun, yes, but no division. I'm just glad to see the show getting any kind of promotion at all.

True

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

According to an article by TSSZ news, Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric was going to get Steam, Playstation and Xbox ports if the game did good enough, as well as some other stuff about the games development. Here's the article. http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Correction: According to that article, the game (before it was even related to Sonic Boom) was originally gonna be released on Steam, and then on the PS Store and Xbox Marketplace if it sold well enough. But that was much earlier in it's development, and WAY before the Nintendo exclusivity deal.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

What dream?

The dream of Boom actually getting proper treatment and a Season 3.

It seems people are voting for other characters. I would probably put #TeamZooey or #TeamPerci. 

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

The dream of Boom actually getting proper treatment and a Season 3.

Well I didn't see that Sonic icon in Netflix US. Has anyone else seen it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just at the teen choice awards 2017 website and I cannot find the animated show section to vote for Sonic Boom. Can somebody tell me where the option is?

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I was just at the teen choice awards 2017 website and I cannot find the animated show section to vote for Sonic Boom. Can somebody tell me where the option is?

I can't find it either. Maybe one of us should tell the writers?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I can't find it either. Maybe one of us should tell the writers?

That would be a good idea, but I wouldn't know if that would work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That would be a good idea, but I wouldn't know if that would work.

Maybe the categories change in the 2nd run

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Maybe the categories change in the 2nd run

I think they do but you can still vote via Twitter.