Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

19 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I would try not to get too excited though. 

Yeah I'd say not because I think Cannes was pretty recent so that might have been why he was there.

I'm glad for the awards (actually it's 30 between awards and nominations), this will show Sega how popular the show is. Anyway, the last 4 episodes have been solid, aside from Inn Sanity which I didn't care for, it seemed a mix of reused plots.

One more thing, I just bought a pack of Sonic Boom buildable blind bags on Amazon, how cool is that? Does anyone else have them?

44 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Do you think they would announce if Sonic Boom came to US Netflix?

I sadly doubt it. They never made any big trailers or announcements for Season 2's premiere, and they never promoted the 4 part special in a big way... How is anyone supposed to know about this show, if only Sonic fans are the ones that know about it? There are many shows that are made for the fans, yet they still get promoted heavily in more ways than one. Just expecting people to find out about the show through live streams or small Sonic conventions is no way to reach a wider audience. Heck, I'm a big Sonic fan, yet there's a lot of stuff about Sonic Boom I wouldn't know about, if it weren't for the community posting info on upcoming episodes. If a big fan like me can't find out about this stuff on my own, than how is anyone else supposed to? There are still so many people who have no idea this show exists! 

7 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

http://www.licensing.biz/big-interviews/read/the-fastest-thing-alive-sega-talks-its-packed-sonic-line-up-video-games-month/046233 This new article which discusses Sonic Forces, Mania, Boom and the 2019 movie. In the article they said that Sonic Boom has won over 30 awards worldwide, that's way more than I thought, I thought the show only won 3, 4 counting if Boom wins the Teen Choice Awards 2017 next month, but that's a way better number. Also Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 will be shown at SDCC 2017 next week.

It also says in this article that they recently got a global deal with Netflix, which means it's probably coming to Netflix US once Hulu's finished.

If that's the case, Sonic Boom Season 1 is already available on Netflix Australia, UK and nine other countries so that might be why the icon's changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshots of tomorrow's episode is up on the Sonic the Hedgehog tumblr; however there's only two of them this time.

Here they are:

tumblr_ot3qoygJuV1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ot3qoygJuV1u5cb23o2_500.png

"Believing his base is haunted by ghosts, Eggman quickly disowns the place. Can Team Sonic prove to him that ghosts aren’t real? 

Enter “The Haunted Lair” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #wait... #if eggman is scared of ghosts #then why were his pyramid cave and sandopolis bases located where lots of ghosts are? #granted - there were light switches to get rid of them in one of those #and they were trapped in an egg pod #...hmmm - maybe he HAS always been spooked by ghosties #even Knuckles conquered that worry #we never saw king boom boo again

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Here they are:

tumblr_ot3qoygJuV1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ot3qoygJuV1u5cb23o2_500.png

"Believing his base is haunted by ghosts, Eggman quickly disowns the place. Can Team Sonic prove to him that ghosts aren’t real? 

Enter “The Haunted Lair” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #wait... #if eggman is scared of ghosts #then why were his pyramid cave and sandopolis bases located where lots of ghosts are? #granted - there were light switches to get rid of them in one of those #and they were trapped in an egg pod #...hmmm - maybe he HAS always been spooked by ghosties #even Knuckles conquered that worry #we never saw king boom boo again

I wonder if it's a trap like in the second episode of Season 1

29 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

Well they didn't mention Hulu in the article so maybe

I think I read somewhere that the deal expire this month. Maybe one of us could ask Freiberger-san 

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I think I read somewhere that the deal expire this month. Maybe one of us could ask Freiberger-san 

Freiberger wouldn't be able to give the answers though. Even writers like him can't announce things without Sega's approval.

Somewhat off-topic, but the musical numbers in "Mister Eggman" are easily comparable to the music that plays once an episode in Sonic Underground, Captain N from season 2 onwards, TAOSMB3 and Super Mario World.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling that Eggman and Barker could be working together to take Team Sonic out this way.

...ANYWAY I saw Mister Eggman and it was... something.

This episode had a strange plot. It also had a strange plot pacing. But it was a bit more funnier than last weeks to be honest.

Not even a few seconds in, and we’re in Sonic Boom: The Musical part 3 (I think). The singing was there, but when everyone started dancing at Meh Burger, that was hilarious. Even funnier was when Eggman comes there all like “Why do y’all look like you just finished a musical?”

DAAAMN at all of those roasts at Eggman. It’s another one of those episodes where he and Team Sonic don’t get into a full fledged battle as often. Eggman just brings a neat looking laser but it’s quickly destroyed by Sonic.

It feels surreal to see Eggman back in school trying to get that degree instead of coming up with his latest scheme. 

tumblr_inline_ot33kqEoBV1taxesp_1280.png

We got to see Team Sonic do some sports while Eggman’s at school, and Knuckles and Amy have hover boards now! Though I was thinking Knuckles would get those hover boards that his alternate dimension counterpart had. Those looked pretty neat and felt different design wise from all the other hover boards.

We also got to see Sonic Boom All Stars Racing in that montage too. (KNUCKLES HAS A TRUCK )

The Yakaty Sax parody music being played while Team Sonic play “Monkey in the Middle” with Eggman was amusing. And I wasn’t expecting to hear those vocals in the montage. What was also unexpected was when Sonic makes a Trix reference.

latest?cb=20170710091409

The ending was also pretty funny! I laughed when Eggman froze after throwing his graduation hat and stayed there after that. The fourth wall was broken as well, from Amy mentioning doing things while Eggman’s failure montage was going on, to Sonic hoping that something interesting will happen next week. 

So while this episode was pretty funny, I'm more interested in what the Haunted Lair has to show us.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Also Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 will be shown at SDCC 2017 next week.

This story arc has gotten better promotion and air time than all the other episodes combined.

Sheesh. The inconsistency.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

This story arc has gotten better promotion and air time than all the other episodes combined.

Sheesh. The inconsistency.

Still no convenient way to watch them at home, without a cable tv on demand service. Release the episodes on blu ray or digital hd already. I can understand Sega thinking dvds and blu rays might not sell, but what do they have to lose with releasing the episodes to purchase digitally for a fair price?...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Still no convenient way to watch them at home, without a cable tv on demand service. Release the episodes on blu ray or digital hd already. I can understand Sega thinking dvds and blu rays might not sell, but what do they have to lose with releasing the episodes to purchase digitally for a fair price?...

It's odd how it's treating the US compared to other countries. I mean I kind of think of it should move to say Netflix because it's clear looking at other new shows on Boomerang that shoes don't get much views there since not many people have Boomerang. 

Another Edit

This is something want to ask you guys: what flaws do you see in the show that you want the writers to fix? Please be malicious when answering this.

They could probably scale back the self-deprecation a little bit. Poking fun at yourself and your work is fine every now and again, but they do it at least once every episode. It starts to feel cheap after a while.

Also I feel the show in general could benefit from 22-minute episodes. As it is now, a lot of episodes feel like they just stop rather than end.

• Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

They could probably scale back the self-deprecation a little bit. Poking fun at yourself and your work is fine every now and again, but they do it at least once every episode. It starts to feel cheap after a while.

Also I feel the show in general could benefit from 22-minute episodes. As it is now, a lot of episodes feel like they just stop rather than end.

You make good points. The self-deprivation jokes could work maybe if they fix the problems. And I wish they would cut back on the 4th wall breaking. The the run time causes episodes like Mombot to end abruptly and makes some episodes feel rushed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Isn't that a city in France

I think the show has been on Netflix France for a while that Sonic Boom icon is on Netflix US now

Yes but the Film Festival was going on not that long ago.

With the title card for the return of the buddy buddy temple of doom epoisode it show Eggman and Sonic about to face off in mech suits. As for Eggman's mech, I think that they should've used the one from Rise of Lyric, it looks ten times better than this Hulkbuster with a mustache design. However, I do hope they bring that mech from the game into the show.

350?cb=20170713214756

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

It's odd how it's treating the US compared to other countries. I mean I kind of think of it should move to say Netflix because it's clear looking at other new shows on Boomerang that shoes don't get much views there since not many people have Boomerang. 

Another Edit

This is something want to ask you guys: what flaws do you see in the show that you want the writers to fix? Please be malicious when answering this.

I think they need to make less nonsense filled episodes. It's strange to one minute see well written episodes like Planes Trains and Dudemobiles, and Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation, to suddenly jump to Inn Sanity and Mister Eggman.

Inn Sanity may have had funny moments, but I can't stand it when the show makes episodes that don't treat Eggman seriously. While it's true that Eggman was kind of dumb in the Staycation episode, he was still hilariously wicked. He really thought he destroyed Sonic, and was happy about it. How do you go from being a maniac being obsessed with destroying an arch enemy, to wanting to pay your bills? Eggman shouldn't have cares what the government thought. He has weapons around his base, he could easily scare off anyone who dares to enter his base.

Truthfully, the episodes that treat Eggman's lair like government property, or  have the villagers treat the villains like regular citizens  are some of the worst episodes in this show. They all feel lazy, including Inn Sanity, Don't Judge Me, Mister Eggman,  It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog, No Robots Allowed, and Evil Doctor Orbot. Eggman is a villain, he shouldn't have to care what rules tell him to do.

It's strange to go from episodes like In the Midnight Hour, where he really was a threat, and nearly succeeded, only to suddenly see plots where he's trying to take a test to get a permit to do evil. What was that idiotic mayor thinking?... I'm aware it was likely a political jab at how elective officials give permits to jobs that can harm the environment, like oil companies, but to give villains a way to legally terrorize towns and rob people, that's just wrong...

My biggest complaint is inconsistency. I don't mind having silly moments in the show, some episodes start off silly, but get funny and entertaining as it goes on, but I personally can't stand how the writers sometimes just don't seem to give a care, and think making 4th wall breaks is a clever way to make up for uninspired writing. Eggman can still be a wacky villain, but they need to quit making episodes where he suddenly cares about following the law.

How is it that out of all the characters in the show, only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Willy the Walrus, Dave the Intern, and Sticks were arrested? True, Sonic and friends were framed or falsely arrested, but how is it that Willy the bumbling Walrus is the only villain to have been arrested?

I find it so unfair how the villagers easily let the bad guys go, while often treating Sonic and pals like villains more often. It's sometimes hard to root for Sonic and pals to save the day, when the villagers expect them to always save them with no thank yous.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I think they need to make less nonsense filled episodes. It's strange to one minute see well written episodes like Planes Trains and Dudemobiles, and Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation, to suddenly jump to Inn Sanity and Mister Eggman.

Inn Sanity may have had funny moments, but I can't stand it when the show makes episodes that don't treat Eggman seriously. While it's true that Eggman was kind of dumb in the Staycation episode, he was still hilariously wicked. He really thought he destroyed Sonic, and was happy about it. How do you go from being a maniac being obsessed with destroying an arch enemy, to wanting to pay your bills? Eggman shouldn't have cares what the government thought. He has weapons around his base, he could easily scare off anyone who dares to enter his base.

Truthfully, the episodes that treat Eggman's lair like government property, or  have the villagers treat the villains like regular citizens  are some of the worst episodes in this show. They all feel lazy, including Inn Sanity, Don't Judge Me, Mister Eggman,  It Wasn't Me, It Was The One Armed Hedgehog, No Robots Allowed, and Evil Doctor Orbot. Eggman is a villain, he shouldn't have to care what rules tell him to do.

It's strange to go from episodes like In the Midnight Hour, where he really was a threat, and nearly succeeded, only to suddenly see plots where he's trying to take a test to get a permit to do evil. What was that idiotic mayor thinking?... I'm aware it was likely a political jab at how elective officials give permits to jobs that can harm the environment, like oil companies, but to give villains a way to legally terrorize towns and rob people, that's just wrong...

My biggest complaint is inconsistency. I don't mind having silly moments in the show, some episodes start off silly, but get funny and entertaining as it goes on, but I personally can't stand how the writers sometimes just don't seem to give a care, and think making 4th wall breaks is a clever way to make up for uninspired writing. Eggman can still be a wacky villain, but they need to quit making episodes where he suddenly cares about following the law.

How is it that out of all the characters in the show, only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Willy the Walrus, and Sticks were arrested? True, Sonic and friends were framed or falsely arrested, but how is it that Willy the bumbling Walrus is the only villain to have been arrested?

I find it so unfair how the villagers easily let the bad guys go, while often treating Sonic and pals like villains more often. It's sometimes hard to root for Sonic and pals to save the day, when the villagers expect them to always save them with no thank yous.

I don't care for nonsensical episodes as well as I find them jarring and just too weird for me. The villagers are easily my least favorite characters (with a few exceptions like Zooey and Perci). Even though TV tropes points how they could be seen as a parody of the Sonic fanbase (how when a bad game comes along the fans turn on Sonic), I feel the joke has overstay it's welcome. Mayor Fink himself is one of the worst mayors I've seen in animated shows, especially with whole legallizing villainy instead of just arresting and punishing the bad guys.

• Thumbs Up 2