Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I know this is a late response, but...

@SpongicX and anyone else who found the musical number in 'Mr. Eggman' weird and uncomfortable - it's actually a parody of a movie scene.

More specifically, this scene from Bye Bye Birdie. Watch and you'll see it's an almost note-for-note recreation.

Yeah, I know. Very odd and specific thing to parody, but there you go. Not totally out of left field after all.

15 episodes left to go of Season 2 of Sonic Boom and with each passing episode the excitement increases because that means the returning characters from the Modern Sonic games will be appearing soon. Now I know the chances are slim but, Silver could have a slight possibility at appearing in the next episode Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray seeing as Silver can seemingly defy gravity. Also Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple episode was pretty good, the entire episode seems to mimic Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in a number of ways, the most notable example being Eggman's costume while in the Froglodyte cave which resembles that of Mola Ram.

20 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

15 episodes left to go of Season 2 of Sonic Boom and with each passing episode the excitement increases because that means the returning characters from the Modern Sonic games will be appearing soon. Now I know the chances are slim but, Silver could have a slight possibility at appearing in the next episode Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray seeing as Silver can seemingly defy gravity. Also Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple episode was pretty good, the entire episode seems to mimic Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in a number of ways, the most notable example being Eggman's costume while in the Froglodyte cave which resembles that of Mola Ram.

I'm glad the leading lady of this Temple of Doom wasn't annoying and useless, like the original one, lol. Amy was very useful in this week's episode, as she used reverse psychology, to help free herself and Sonic and Tails.

Too bad Tails was a bit too similar to the character he was clearly mirroring (Short Round.) All Tails did in this week's episode was accidentally get his friends and himself caught, by accidentally setting off a trap, just like Short Round.

I kind of wish Tails was given more to do, but at least he's had a ton of episodes that gave him stuff to do over the past 2 seasons. It was still nice to see him alongside Sonic and Amy. Those three are my favorite characters, so it was nice to finally see an episode that centered around those three.

We also can't forget the Spider-Man references and Eggman is mirroring Mola Ram. The parts with Eggman and the mech suit fight between Sonic and Eggman were the best parts of the episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Catching up, "Blackout" was another weak episode. The plot was interesting, I liked the ancient mythology from the games. However, the humor was still poor. The jokes were still immature and juvenile, and don't have much variety, they're mostly just relying on overused "Knuckles is stupid" jokes, "Sticks is paranoid" jokes, and endless fourth-wall breaking or self-referential or "Hey we know this joke's bad so we'll cover it up" kinda stuff. These kind of jokes would be fine in small doses but when they're used OVER and OVER again they become tiresome. Episodes like The Biggest Fan, Mech Suits Me, and Multi-Tails were better on the humor side.

If I wrote Season 3 the jokes would be less reliant on old-standbys, action wouldn't just be one-sided and dull, and the episodes would be 22 minutes and not 11.

1 hour ago, RLS Legacy said:

I know this is a late response, but...

@SpongicX and anyone else who found the musical number in 'Mr. Eggman' weird and uncomfortable - it's actually a parody of a movie scene.

More specifically, this scene from Bye Bye Birdie. Watch and you'll see it's an almost note-for-note recreation.

Yeah, I know. Very odd and specific thing to parody, but there you go. Not totally out of left field after all.

Still doesn't make the scene any less random or awkward to me.

I wouldn't have minded a musical number in Sonic Boom, if it actually sounded good, or had a better way of delivering the sequence. Maybe if they made an episode that was supposed to be about the characters joining a musical play, then it would have been easier to tolerate, but popping up in the middle of an episode that had nothing to do with a musical, it just felt strange.

The singing was just overall awful, and very cringe filled. It was clearly made to lazily rip off of a song that most of it's viewers have likely never heard of. They should have just made up their own song, parody an actual song from the Sonic games, or just skipped the musical number altogether. That part was just awkward to sit through, for me at least.

I found out who voiced the Justin Roiland sound alike Froglodite from last night's Sonic Boom. I shared the clip on Facebook, and Mike Pollock confirmed it was Bill Freiberger who voiced him. Dang, Bill could probably do some good Rick & Morty impressions!

IMG_1981.PNG

It was nice how Amy still wanted to save the Gogobas. I've noticed that she isn't really that hostile towards them like the other characters.

8 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

What happened to all that stuff Sonic's mech suit can do?

His suit has less abilities, due to the lack of that chip that was controlling him. Without that chip, it can't control Sonic to use all that dark energy. I don't know what the problem is though, I still found the fight scene entertaining.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

It was nice how Amy still wanted to save the Gogobas. I've noticed that she isn't really that hostile towards them like the other characters.

It's ironic how she was the first character to never be guilt tripped by them. In Give Bees a Chance, she managed to take advantage of their guilt tripping ways, in order to hide and protect Bea. I remember finding that hilarious, you'd think she would have taken pity on their guilt tripping response to her request, instead, she just said "ok, thanks!"

They got to her last week though, they guilt tripped her into wanting to save them.   Is there no one the Gogobas haven't guilt tripped? Even Sticks was guilt tripped by the chief in Nutwork, out of all the characters, even Sticks was guilt tripped. Eggman was tripped by them as well, at the end of the episode they debuted in.

I didn't find the Gogobas that annoying in last week's episode. For once, they were the real victims. They were enslaved, and actually put to work, it's ironic how while being enslaved, they can still manage to annoy the bad guys, lol. After Sonic and pals saved them, they weren't trying to take advantage of Sonic and pals either. The chief even bowed his head with respect, along with Sonic and pals.

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears that over the last 2 weeks Sonic Boom's Boomerang ratings have gone up. Both the haunted lair and return of the buddy buddy temple episodes got over 100k views. Here are the links to the articles by TSSZ News. http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/25/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-37/  http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/19/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-36/

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

It appears that over the last 2 weeks Sonic Boom's Boomerang ratings have gone up. Both the haunted lair and return of the buddy buddy temple episodes got over 100k views. Here are the links to the articles by TSSZ News. http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/25/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-37/  http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/19/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-36/

That's good. You think maybe the SDCC of the Robots arc helped?

38 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That's good. You think maybe the SDCC of the Robots arc helped?

I don't know how that would've affected people viewing the show, also they would have to be in San Diego to see the Robots From The Sky Saga. Now if people seen the advertising for it being at SDCC 2017, then they might've thought they would give the show a chance and see if they like it. That Teen Choice Award 2017 Nomination might've helped too. So yeah, maybe having it screened there helped the ratings, because if you advertise something at an event the size of SDCC or E3, you bet your going to get an increase in viewers or sales after release.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 hours ago, SpongicX said:

His suit has less abilities, due to the lack of that chip that was controlling him.

I figured as much. Still, it would have been nice for the suit to do all those things even without the symbiont chip.

10 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

A certain game character rumour just got some more fuel...

5978cb50db40e_DFfeIzRUQAAe4NJ.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.5376e52384a2db3feb6d9e934c2467dd.jpg

Who's that with Keith Silverstein? I don't see what this photo has to do with Boom?

Looks like an unchanged Generations-era render. I bet they're memeing again. Gotta get in one last meme!

edit: Or a simple error.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

I probably should've told you to look at the poster behind them.

5978cfde53a47_DFfeIzRUQAAe4NJ.jpglarge.jpg.b1b7b5edbeddc57ea6fa873bc6eaf076.jpg

Seems kind of fake to me, that looks like an already used render of Vector.

• Thumbs Up 2

That render is from Shadow's game. Keep in mind that poster was created by Silverstein or his company/agent, so while they wouldn't have access to new artwork (provided that even exists) they would know about his projects. While they could have just put the wrong logo there, the voice actor seems to be familiar with the Sonic series and the character, though, and I remember he did like a tweet mentioning him appearing in Boom, once..

I personally believe it's happening, but no need in debating when we should get titles for the last few episodes soon. If either the Tails-beebot episode or Eggman's "family" vacation episode is confirmed, the old leak was true, otherwise it must have been fake.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

That render is from Shadow's game. Keep in mind that poster was created by Silverstein or his company/agent, so while they wouldn't have access to new artwork (provided that even exists) they would know about his projects. While they could have just put the wrong logo there, the voice actor seems to be familiar with the Sonic series and the character, though, and I remember he did like a tweet mentioning him appearing in Boom, once..

I personally believe it's happening, but no need in debating when we should get titles for the last few episodes soon. If either the Tails-beebot episode or Eggman's "family" vacation episode is confirmed, the old leak was true, otherwise it must have been fake.

You make an interesting argument. I mean it would be odd for them to mistakingly put Boom's logo

3 hours ago, LukA8 said:

I probably should've told you to look at the poster behind them.

5978cfde53a47_DFfeIzRUQAAe4NJ.jpglarge.jpg.b1b7b5edbeddc57ea6fa873bc6eaf076.jpg

Does this picture of Vector with the Sonic Boom logo have any credibility to an actual show appearance?