Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

What goes around comes around. I thought the writers were never going to address viewer's complaints of unlikable characters., but this later half of season 2 has had some fun jabs at them. It kind of makes them more tolerable, when the show finally pushes them back, for all the times they pushed Sonic and pals around.

It would be a little too extreme for the creators to just eliminate or get rid of the characters others don't like, so to give them some scenes that poke fun at them is the next best thing. Better than leaving them to constantly mistreat Sonic and friends, especially after all Team Sonic does for the villagers.

I think out of all the scenes in the show that roasted the villagers, the one from Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation did it the best, with Belinda taking her frustration out on the villagers. I laughed pretty hard at her comment about Fastidious, along with her hypocritical dislike of Goat Lady's appearance.

I find it strange how the show still hasn't mentioned the name "Fastidious" at all. The only way people would know his name, would be if they looked it up, or played Rise of Lyric, which was the only time he ever pronounced his name to anyone. He was even more smug and obnoxious in that game, as a matter of fact.

It's nice when the show addresses complaints properly. 

Ian Flynn posted this on Twitter, could this be an indicator of Sonic Boom Season 3?

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Ian Flynn posted this on Twitter, could this be an indicator of Sonic Boom Season 3?

Interesting because the way he says it makes you think the show has been renewed for a third season. I wonder what will follow.

Anyways there's is something I have been wondering and it's how the show will address the events of Fire and Ice since the game takes place during this season.

1 minute ago, Chameleon94 said:

They finally arrived! Looks like I was lucky, I got all of them! :P

IMG_20170721_214422.jpg

Nice find.

Not to be a jerk but we need to update the title of the forum.

58 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Nice find.

Not to be a jerk but we need to update the title of the forum.

Might as well just rename it "The Sonic Boom Discussion Thread". It seems like kind of a hassle to have to keep changing the name of the thread, to match what episode is airing next. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like Sonic Boom has really improved the characters voices in preparation for Sonic Forces. Now the Modern characters sound just as good as the Boom versions. If you compare how the characters sounded in Sonic Lost World to Sonic Boom and then Sonic Forces you can see the improvements. However we still have Not seen or heard Shadow since the Sonic Boom Season 1 finale. Next time we will see Shadow will be Sonic Forces and later in Sonic Boom Season 2.

We have our preview images for tomorrow's "Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom", courtesy of the Sonic Tumblr as usual:

tumblr_otc48rngmm1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_otc48rngmm1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_otc48rngmm1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_otc48rngmm1u5cb23o4_1280.png

"Seeking to build a new super mech, Eggman enters a treacherous familiar location. Sonic Boom’s “Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom” airs tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Sadly, no tags this time other than #sonic boom and #season 2. Probably because the social team is busy at SDCC.

Well, it may not be Charlie's, but we finally get to see Sonic's Mech Suit face off against another Mech Suit. Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets!

(preferably on Sonic)

• Thumbs Up 5

Overall, I actually liked Return of The Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom, but it had a few flaws. The writing was a bit off at times, and most of the humor was flat and dragged on, but the episode was still fun during the last half.

The episode starts off with Eggman planning to construct a new mech suit, but he doesn't have a power source to fuel it. Eggman is depressed, and it cuts to Sonic, Amy and Tails noticing. (This episode only features Sonic, Amy, and Tails, out of the main cast. Knuckles and Sticks aren't in it, but the plot didn't really need them this time.) Amy offers to see what's bugging Eggman, which causes Tails to point out how complicated the team's situation with Eggman is, is he an enemy or not, lol. After Eggman tells Amy his problem, Amy says she wishes she could help, but it would require helping him defeat her and Sonic, so she  declines. (Thank goodness they made Amy smart in this episode, I would have been so annoyed if she tried helping him." 

Eggman has a chat with Charlie, who was just defeated by Sonic. Eggman hears about a power source crystal that is buried somewhere under Buddy Buddy Temple. Eggman digs underneath, and finds the Froglodites. The Froglodites  mistaken Eggman for a God, and make him their new leader. This episode has the return of the Froglodite Chief, who was strangely absent in Oggman Out. The Froglodites felt a bit out of character in this episode to be honest, they felt too silly, and not as threatening as they were in their previous outings. Eggman orders the Froglodites to capture the Gogobas, and have them mine for the power crystal. It doesn't make much sense for the Froglodites to suddenly live under Buddy Buddy Temple, when we all know they lived closer below Sticks's burrow.

Meanwhile, Sonic, Tails, and Amy come in, and for some reason are lost, yet they come across the Gogoba Village, and notice everyone is missing, except for the Gogoba Chief. The chief begs Sonic and pals to save the others, and Sonic and pals agree. They eventually find the Gogobas, but are spotted by Eggman, who says the famous "Snooping as usual, I see?" line (I couldn't believe they put that in, lol.) Sonic and pals are then captured, and chained to a weight. One of the Gogobas are then using Amy's hammer to mine with, and Amy tries using reverse psychology to trick the Gogoba into handing it back to her. Amy's plan works, and she uses her hammer to break Sonic, Tails, and herself free. However, one of the Gogobas finally found the crystal, Eggman puts it in his machine, and powers up his mech suit. Sonic presses a button on his communicator, and it causes his mech suit to come smashing through the walls, and Sonic suits up and fights Eggman. The fight scene was pretty good, and was the highlight of the episode.

Eggman's mech suit is almost defeated, to the point where he tries pressing a self destruct switch, but a design flaw ended up causing the suit to not blow up. The Froglodites then start blindly worshipping the crystal, and Sonic preaches to them, and tells them they shouldn't be worshipping useless items. The Froglodite Chief agrees, and then says "We should be worshipping him!" Then the Froglodites start bowing to Sonic, causing Sonic to facepalm. Sonic and pals return the Gogobas back to their village, and the Gogobas cheer for Sonic, Tails, and Amy. The screen fades to black, but comes back, and Tails says "wait, we can't end it without a joke!" Then out of nowhere, 3 cream pies fall from the sky and land on Tails, causing everyone to laugh, and finally ending the episode.

The episode had it's flaws, but it was still a fun adventure episode for Sonic, Amy, and Tails, with an awesome mech suit fight with Sonic and Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Overall, I actually liked Return of The Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom, but it had a few flaws. The writing was a bit off at times, and most of the humor was flat and dragged on, but the episode was still fun during the last half.

The episode starts off with Eggman planning to construct a new mech suit, but he doesn't have a power source to fuel it. Eggman is depressed, and it cuts to Sonic, Amy and Tails noticing. (This episode only features Sonic, Amy, and Tails, out of the main cast. Knuckles and Sticks aren't in it, but the plot didn't really need them this time.) Amy offers to see what's bugging Eggman, which causes Tails to point out how complicated the team's situation with Eggman is, is he an enemy or not, lol. After Eggman tells Amy his problem, Amy says she wishes she could help, but it would require helping him defeat her and Sonic, so she  declines. (Thank goodness they made Amy smart in this episode, I would have been so annoyed if she tried helping him." 

Eggman has a chat with Charlie, who was just defeated by Sonic. Eggman hears about a power source crystal that is buried somewhere under Buddy Buddy Temple. Eggman digs underneath, and finds the Froglodites. The Froglodites  mistaken Eggman for a God, and make him their new leader. This episode has the return of the Froglodite Chief, who was strangely absent in Oggman Out. The Froglodites felt a bit out of character in this episode to be honest, they felt too silly, and not as threatening as they were in their previous outings. Eggman orders the Froglodites to capture the Gogobas, and have them mine for the power crystal. It doesn't make much sense for the Froglodites to suddenly live under Buddy Buddy Temple, when we all know they lived closer below Sticks's burrow.

Meanwhile, Sonic, Tails, and Amy come in, and for some reason are lost, yet they come across the Gogoba Village, and notice everyone is missing, except for the Gogoba Chief. The chief begs Sonic and pals to save the others, and Sonic and pals agree. They eventually find the Gogobas, but are spotted by Eggman, who says the famous "Snooping as usual, I see?" line (I couldn't believe they put that in, lol.) Sonic and pals are then captured, and chained to a weight. One of the Gogobas are then using Amy's hammer to mine with, and Amy tries using reverse psychology to trick the Gogoba into handing it back to her. Amy's plan works, and she uses her hammer to break Sonic, Tails, and herself free. However, one of the Gogobas finally found the crystal, Eggman puts it in his machine, and powers up his mech suit. Sonic presses a button on his communicator, and it causes his mech suit to come smashing through the walls, and Sonic suits up and fights Eggman. The fight scene was pretty good, and was the highlight of the episode.

Eggman's mech suit is almost defeated, to the point where he tries pressing a self destruct switch, but a design flaw ended up causing the suit to not blow up. The Froglodites then start blindly worshipping the crystal, and Sonic preaches to them, and tells them they shouldn't be worshipping useless items. The Froglodite Chief agrees, and then says "We should be worshipping him!" Then the Froglodites start bowing to Sonic, causing Sonic to facepalm. Sonic and pals return the Gogobas back to their village, and the Gogobas cheer for Sonic, Tails, and Amy. The screen fades to black, but comes back, and Tails says "wait, we can't end it without a joke!" Then out of nowhere, 3 cream pies fall from the sky and land on Tails, causing everyone to laugh, and finally ending the episode.

The episode had it's flaws, but it was still a fun adventure episode for Sonic, Amy, and Tails, with an awesome mech suit fight with Sonic and Eggman.

It does seem a bit flawed but it sounds alright. Though the ending was strange.

"Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom" didn't really have all that much to do with the Buddy Buddy Temple, but it was a good episode regardless, complete with another AoStH reference from Eggman (Sam must really love that show) and a somewhat rushed, but still amusing ending "joke".

The Mech Suit fight was definitely a huge highlight. It was just as good as I was hoping it was. Eggman's Mech Suit better stick around after this.

Speaking of the fight, turns out that's a good chunk of the reason why the episode exists:

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SonicWind said:

"Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom" didn't really have all that much to do with the Buddy Buddy Temple, but it was a good episode regardless, complete with another AoStH reference from Eggman (Sam must really love that show) and a somewhat rushed, but still amusing ending "joke".

The Mech Suit fight was definitely a huge highlight. It was just as good as I was hoping it was. Eggman's Mech Suit better stick around after this.

Speaking of the fight, turns out that's a good chunk of the reason why the episode exists:

He probably does because his episodes are somewhat goofy.

Small clips from today's new episode.

Spoiler

Ha, he said it!

Love Amy during this scene.

Best part of the episode!

Poor Tails, he should have just let the episode end as it was, instead of getting what he wished for, lol.
(Sorry, I accidentally left in the part where Sonic fought Eggman. skip to 1:47 to see the ending.)

For all of the Pingas stuff, I'm surprised they got away with "Cranky Wanky"! Polishing the schnauzer again, Eggman? One for the Brits amongst us... 

Not a fan of the Froglidites myself but this was a enjoyable episode overall.  Eggman continues to be one of the best parts of the show.

I loved the Frolodyte losing it at the Gogoba's complaining. I also love the continuing joke of Tem Sonic just straight up wanting to let the Gogoba's die.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Return to the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom"? More like, "Return to An Area Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom", am I right?

10 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Why does that Froglodite sound like Justin Roiland? He sounds like a Rick & Morty character, lol! 

I'm so glad someone noticed besides me! Totally gave me Lemongrab vibes.

18 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

"Return to the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom"? More like, "Return to An Area Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom", am I right?

I'm so glad someone noticed besides me! Totally gave me Lemongrab vibes.

Well my guess is that if they were in the same place then it probably wouldn't make sense for Sticks to not be in the episode.

I just found this out. Look closely at the background during the Sonic and Eggman Mech Suit fight-- the boulder Sonic's Mech Suit slammed Eggman into in "Mech Suits Me" is there. It still has Eggman's impression in it!

• Thumbs Up 1