Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

That Eggman family vacation one sounds unlikely. After everything Eggman has done to Robokken, why would they allow that maniac to vacation there?

I could see it working, if Eggman recieved a letter from Robokken, announcing he is to never return, or they'll authorize his termination or arrest. Mom Bot steps in and announces she's taking Eggman and Morpho along on a vacation to the greatest robot city in the world.

Eggman is terrified that him and Morpho have to go, since they both look like Eggman. Eggman has to go in disguise, while tricking Morpho to disguise as anything but his Steve Eggman disguise. 

Eggman doesn't want his Mombot knowing about his criminal status in Robokken, but he doesn't want to ruin her plans either.

Things get more difficult when Team Sonic is on vacation as well, and realize Eggman is there in disguise. Eggman will have to try convincing Team Sonic that he's here in peace for the sake of his  Mombot, and can't be exposed to the people of Robokken. I think that's one way this episode could work out.

This episode could have so many obstacles for Eggman to avoid, especially since his Cubot prototypes and Friendbot are now citicenz of Robokken. Maybe they won't be as easily tricked through Eggman's disguises, since they've had experience with working with him.

Interesting. What about the Tails episode? I don't really like the sound of him fusing with a BeeBot.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Interesting. What about the Tails episode?

Tails does experiment a lot, so it sounds possible. It sounds like a very predictable episode though. Tails probably builds some kind of gene splicer, which accidentally backfires, and turns him into a bee bot. Tails will still have his regular thoughts, but being trapped in a bee body will only allow him to speak through buzzing sounds.

He'll try asking Sonic, Knuckles, and Sticks for help, and they'll think they're being attacked by a bee bot, and scare Tails off. 

Eventually, Eggman might find him, and mistake him for one of his own. Tails eventually breaks free, and tries getting Amy's attention. Amy gets scared, but Bea swoops in and understands what Tails is saying. Bea brings Amy one of her scrap books, and tries explaining how this other bee bot is Tails.

Amy figures it out, and she rounds up the gang, and Tails uses Bea as a translator to give his friends instructions on how to get him back to normal. His friends manage to modify Tails's gene splicer to split Tails apart from the bee bot, and return to normal.

I think an episode like this would be a great way to bring Bea back into the show. We haven't seen her since "Give Bees a Chance". I think Bea would make a great translator to inform Amy about what happened to Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Tails does experiment a lot, so it sounds possible. It sounds like a very predictable episode though. Tails probably builds some kind of gene splicer, which accidentally backfires, and turns him into a bee bot. Tails will still have his regular thoughts, but being trapped in a bee body will only allow him to speak through buzzing sounds.

He'll try asking Sonic, Knuckles, and Sticks for help, and they'll think they're being attacked by a bee bot, and scare Tails off. 

Eventually, Eggman might find him, and mistake him for one of his own. Tails eventually breaks free, and tries getting Amy's attention. Amy gets scared, but Bea swoops in and understands what Tails is saying. Bea brings Amy one of her scrap books, and tries explaining how this other bee bot is Tails.

Amy figures it out, and she rounds up the gang, and Tails uses Bea as a translator to give his friends instructions on how to get him back to normal. His friends manage to modify Tails's gene splicer to split Tails apart from the bee bot, and return to normal.

I think an episode like this would be a great way to bring Bea back into the show. We haven't seen her since "Give Bees a Chance". I think Bea would make a great translator to inform Amy about what happened to Tails.

That is an interesting way of how the episode could work and would be a nice way to bring back Bea. Though I don't know how a gene splicer would turn Tails into a robot.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That is an interesting way of how the episode could work and would be a nice way to bring back Bea. Though I don't know how a gene splicer would turn Tails into a robot.

Maybe not a gene splicer, but some kind of device that combines the atoms of different objects into one. Or they could make it a mind swap episode. Maybe Tails still has that purple meteor that switched Sonic and Eggman around.

Maybe Eggman sent one of his bee bots to steal it from him, but something goes wrong, and causes the bee bot to drop it, causing it to land on Tails. The bee bot tries picking it up, but switches around with Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Maybe not a gene splicer, but some kind of device that combines the atoms of different objects into one. Or they could make it a mind swap episode. Maybe Tails still has that purple meteor that switched Sonic and Eggman around.

Maybe Eggman sent one of his bee bots to steal it from him, but something goes wrong, and causes the bee bot to drop it, causing it to land on Tails. The bee bot tries picking it up, but switches around with Tails.

That could be interesting and a nice call back to the Meteor episode.

Furthermore, if you were to go with the meteor angle, we'd gain an entire extra subplot to go with the episode in the form of Eggman acquiring a Tails that would be completely loyal to his commands. While a bee-bot Tails would lack the intelligence to build anything useful for the doctor, if Eggman is keen to what has happened from the get-go, then that Tails could spend the majority of the episode leading his friends into traps.

I like the idea of Bea being the bridge to bringing the team back together. So that would be cool. But I can really see Eggman taking full advantage of the switch by using Tails body and doing his darnedest to keep Tails-the-bee-bot away from his pals.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Furthermore, if you were to go with the meteor angle, we'd gain an entire extra subplot to go with the episode in the form of Eggman acquiring a Tails that would be completely loyal to his commands. While a bee-bot Tails would lack the intelligence to build anything useful for the doctor, if Eggman is keen to what has happened from the get-go, then that Tails could spend the majority of the episode leading his friends into traps.

I like the idea of Bea being the bridge to bringing the team back together. So that would be cool. But I can really see Eggman taking full advantage of the switch by using Tails body and doing his darnedest to keep Tails-the-bee-bot away from his pals.

Nice idea.

"Mister Eggman" was certainly an unorthodox episode, but that's what made it entertaining. Kinda saw the ending coming, though.

Just now, SonicWind said:

"Mister Eggman" was certainly an unorthodox episode, but that's what made it entertaining. Kinda saw the ending coming, though.

Was it good?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Was it good?

You bet it was. Like I said, it was pretty entertaining.

5 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I have Not seen Sonic Boom on CN's listings on any source that I can find it's Not on any of them. If that's the case, when was the last time one aired on CN that is Not the biggest fan or the previous four episodes? Not including on-demand.

5 hours ago, verygoodname said:

No it doesn't it hasn't aired on CN for nearly 7 months the only way to watch it on CN is on CN demand

Perhaps I was mistaken, then.  I don't really keep up with the show; I just remember seeing the show on CN and thinking "oh yeah this exists" in a timeframe that didn't feel extremely long ago.

Mister Eggman was cringe worthy, to be honest... It was overall a forgettable episode, and even the ending acknowledges how dull it was.

The episode starts off with Perci finding out Eggman isn't a doctor, when Eggman tries shopping at the deadly equipment warehouse from the episode "Buster". Out of nowhere, a cringe worthy music number breaks out where everyone starts calling each other up, and starts badly singing and dancing about how Eggman isn't a doctor. I was creeped out by that scene to be honest, it was so awkward...

Everyone starts laughing at Eggman, and everyone starts calling him Mr. Eggman, instead of Dr. Eggman . Eggman gets fed up with it, and goes to Evil School, in order to graduate and be a doctor. Meanwhile, Sonic and pals have a sporting montage, to pass the time without Eggman. That was an ok part of the episode, but the montage song that played during it was pretty cringe worthy as well. It was still fun to see Sonic and pals playing soccer, hover boarding, and drag racing. The episode has a funny shoutout to the rings from the video games. There's a part where Eggman was tasked to steal a rubber ring for a homework experiment. Sonic and pals take it from him, and keep it away from Eggman. Sonic then comments something like "can we stop now, collecting rings is boring". 

After failing his homework, Eggman is told that he needs to pass his final exam, or he fails. Eggman has a kind of funny nightmare about failing the exam. A giant distorted Sonic shows up and says "Silly Eggman, Rings are for hedgehogs!" Eggman then decideds to steal the answers to the final exam, and a heist scene kicks in. I predicted how it was going to end... The teacher tells Eggman that his answers were all wrong, and were the answers that were listed on the fake answer sheet. He accuses Eggman of stealing the answers, and passes Eggman for doing it. That plot twist was so painfully obvious. Eggman then graduates, Sonic stands by the sides, and says "I hope we get to do more next week"... 

This was overall a very dull episode.It had a few likable parts, but it was overall dull, boring, or cringe worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Mister Eggman was cringe worthy, to be honest... It was overall a forgettable episode, and even the ending acknowledges how dull it was.

The episode starts off with Perci finding out Eggman isn't a doctor, when Eggman tries shopping at the deadly equipment warehouse from the episode "Buster". Out of nowhere, a cringe worthy music number breaks out where everyone starts calling each other up, and starts badly singing and dancing about how Eggman isn't a doctor. I was creeped out by that scene to be honest, it was so awkward...

Everyone starts laughing at Eggman, and everyone starts calling him Mr. Eggman, instead of Dr. Eggman . Eggman gets fed up with it, and goes to Evil School, in order to graduate and be a doctor. Meanwhile, Sonic and pals have a sporting montage, to pass the time without Eggman. That was an ok part of the episode, but the montage song that played during it was pretty cringe worthy as well. It was still fun to see Sonic and pals playing soccer, hover boarding, and drag racing. The episode has a funny shoutout to the rings from the video games. There's a part where Eggman was tasked to steal a rubber ring for a homework experiment. Sonic and pals take it from him, and keep it away from Eggman. Sonic then comments something like "can we stop now, collecting rings is boring". 

After failing his homework, Eggman is told that he needs to pass his final exam, or he fails. Eggman has a kind of funny nightmare about failing the exam. A giant distorted Sonic shows up and says "Silly Eggman, Rings are for hedgehogs!" Eggman then decideds to steal the answers to the final exam, and a heist scene kicks in. I predicted how it was going to end... The teacher tells Eggman that his answers were all wrong, and were the answers that were listed on the fake answer sheet. He accuses Eggman of stealing the answers, and passes Eggman for doing it. That plot twist was so painfully obvious. Eggman then graduates, Sonic stands by the sides, and says "I hope we get to do more next week"... 

This was overall a very dull episode.It had a few likable parts, but it was overall dull, boring, or cringe worthy.

How was Perci in the epsiode? This is the first time she's appeared in a while so I would like to see if she took part in the song.

Sad that the latest two episodes didn't seem good.

I thought "Mister Eggman" was hilarious. If the viewer goes in with low expectations, it really enhances the their experience, in my opinion. 

The musical number was great. 

26 minutes ago, sinclair said:

I thought "Mister Eggman" was hilarious. If the viewer goes in with low expectations, it really enhances the their experience, in my opinion. 

The musical number was great. 

I went in with average expectations. I love most episodes of Sonic Boom, I just didn't care for this week's that much. It had a few funny moments, but it felt so awkward. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I went in with average expectations. I love most episodes of Sonic Boom, I just didn't care for this week's that much. It had a few funny moments, but it felt so awkward. 

Sorry to hear that man.

Here are a few clips of Mister Eggman. Warning, the musical number may be cringe worthy to some.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

The musical number wasn't too bad.

I didn't like the singing. I liked the singing in Planes, Trains, and Dudemobiles, but this was too creepy for my tastes. 

24 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I didn't like the singing. I liked the singing in Planes, Trains, and Dudemobiles, but this was too creepy for my tastes. 

I wouldn't say it was creepy but it really did not make sense for it to happen. The episode was weird from the clips I saw and I can't say I liked it that much because it felt like a bit of a mess to me. I hope next week is better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone else notice how the musical number sounded like a parody to “The Great Escape” by Gwen Stefani?

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Did anyone else notice how the musical number sounded like a parody to “The Great Escape” by Gwen Stefani?

Can you show us the song?

I noticed Zooey wasn't in the musical number.

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Can you show us the song?

I don't think I can. This board clearly stated it does not support piracy, and sharing a link to a full song would violate those rules. This board stated they have no problem with sharing small clips of Sonic Boom, but they don't support encouraging others to pirate any form of media here.

I can say how the song kind of felt like a parody to "The Great Escape". In the Gwen Stefani song, there are reocurring background vocals where these guys say "woohoo, yeehoo" The way Sonic and Knuckles sang "no way" during the musical number is very similar to the background vocals from "The Great Escape" 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

I don't think I can. This board clearly stated it does not support piracy, and sharing a link to a full song would violate those rules. This board stated they have no problem with sharing small clips of Sonic Boom, but they don't support encouraging others to pirate any form of media here.

I can say how the song kind of felt like a parody to "The Great Escape". In the Gwen Stefani song, there are reocurring background vocals where these guys say "woohoo, yeehoo" The way Sonic and Knuckles sang "oh no" during the musical number is very similar to the background vocals from "The Great Escape" 

Ok. Did you remember seing Zooey in the song?