Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

At this point I'm just assuming that the announcement will come from some Sonic fan's late-night bachelor party.

Why?

Because fuck it.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Clewis said:

This is what the article states:

There doesn't seem to be a definitive source to the possibility of "breaking news", just more speculation as usual.

That's odd.  GameSpot appears to be quoting a fuller version of the SXSW schedule description than actually exists.  "Breaking news" is actually right there in the same sentence as "look into the future," and the whole thing is in quote marks and attributed to Sega, but I can't see where they're copy-pasting from.  Could there have been some kind of behind-the-scenes press e-mail that isn't publicly available?

Here is the official description for the event:

"The 'Sonic The Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary' panel will take a look at the history of the world's fastest mascot with the original creators, developers, and voice actors who will offer their insights and anecdotes about the generation-spanning character. Moderated by the man behind the @Sonic_Hedgehog Twitter account (Ed. Note: this is gonna be good), the SXSW panel will be an engaging discussion and a must-attend event for any fan of the iconic franchise."

Sega is also promising "breaking news" for the event--perhaps some new details on the Sonic movie or the aforementioned rumored game?

"Join us as we celebrate the past and look to the future with breaking news and an inside glimpse at what fans can expect in this milestone year," Sega said.

Edit: Possibly the description was updated at Sega's request to remove the "breaking news" part so as to avoid misleading people.  That would make sense.  No, looking over it the whole thing's different.  But I can't find any sources for GameSpot's description that aren't possibly citing it from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Aaron took to the TSSZ article:

Yeah, I’m not sure where the “Breaking News” bit came from that Gamespot chose to put in their headline – but I don’t want people to get hyped up, only for us to not announce anything awesome there. (Besides Big’s Big Fishing Adventure 3, which will be pretty awesome in its own right.)

The panel will be fun, educational, and we might hint a little bit at what’s to come – so go in with those expectations, and I think (hope!) you guys will really enjoy it!

• Thumbs Up 2

"We might hint a little bit at what's to come" suggests anything of note won't be coming until after this panel. March 21st is certainly after the panel; but not by much. I think that idea seems a bit flimsy; I don't see why they'd hint at something only to reveal it a day or so later anyway. Still, we'll see. Wouldn't be the first time actually, SEGA 3D Classics was similar. 

6 hours ago, molul said:

Is that picture, two pages ago, legit? If so, then I guess they're announcing Sonic Unleashed for PC.

Hello Unleashed PC. Can you join speculation parade, you ask? Sure why not, the more the merier.

Also about that mister Webber's replay on TSSZ: Why do I think that Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 is actualy a ligit game that will be realesd and in that game there will be a clue to whatever their planing for this year. Maybe that joke will came to be. It's wonderfull/horyfing (cross out the unneeded).

• Thumbs Up 1

So they DO mean something! Coolio.

Excited to see what they talk about at the panel, the Sonic history thing especially.

So I'm going to guess, they'll announce when the next game will be announced.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

So I'm going to guess, they'll announce when the next game will be announced.

Which would honestly be good enough for me.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's cool with me. At least I'll know when to get hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Breaking news. More like heartbreaking news. No new Sonic game this year.

No anouncment. Yet. Please do not panic. Go to waiting shelters and... well... wait.

34 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Breaking news. More like heartbreaking news. No new Sonic game this year.

We don't know that.

It's March, people. Not August. There's still plenty of time.

• Thumbs Up 9

I keep having this frequently creeping thought that there's a small possibility that this anniversary will just be celebrated with online marketing, toys, Fire and Ice, and Rio and SEGA's defense for no Sonic Team game will be "you've got all these games and toys so shut it, ingrates, now you're gonna open up for a big load of Sonic Boom and you're gonna like it." Then again, it's still relatively early in the year, and we could have a similar case to when two main games were developed simultaneously and released quite some time apart, which is what's keeping me somewhat optimistic.

Not sure if it means anything but... Hoshino has been at Sega Europe this week on a 'business trip'.

Just now, Detective Paradox said:

Source?

His Facebook account so not linking but anyone who has access to it is more than welcome to verify it.

His Facebook. He's been putting up photos of his trip to London and the SEGA Europe base there.

On 3/3/2016 at 0:53 PM, Nepenthe said:

Guys, there might be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2 this year. I'm not saying there definitely will be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2. I'm just saying it's a theoretical possibility.

That would be better than the last crap we've been getting.

1 hour ago, Nepenthe said:

I don't know why you quoted a statement making fun of unreasonable hypotheticals just to needlessly bitch about the state of the franchise. Jesus Christ.

Because he felt as though that hypothetical product would be more interesting than the products we are getting at the moment

Not the hardest thing to process.

Yeah it might kind of suck thst folks in the community and out are down on sonic a lot 

But im not going to pretend he didn't dig himself that hole.

People are unsatisfied with sonic's output. That is ok. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, so it seems that we're at least getting an announcement of a game announcement. I'd be ok with this at this point, we don't know anything at all yet. 

Then again maybe they will announce the next game on march 19th, who knows? 

I'd be kind of funny if it really was Big big's fishing adventure 3.... I'd be angry at first, then sad, then I'd watch the gameplay and say it's shit, then I'd buy it anyway

• Thumbs Up 1