Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

36 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

welp, y'all did it to yourselves. overworking over numbers that don't mean shit. that's the funny part. (if they DO mean something i apologise but i don't see any value in it)

Is this really necessary? Even if they mean something or not, it gives you no right to begin taking the piss out of people, especially when you're basically saying they're funny because of the fact they are taking part in the marketing strategy. Believe it's something important or not, I can't say I particularly care, you should apologize either way, because you're seriously taking the piss out of people having a bit of fun with the marketing. It's not like it's the craziest thing to happen in the history of marketing games, considering some of the other market campaigns they've tried to do.

If you wanted to argue, they could be doing various posters and such referencing older Sonic games due to this being an anniversary title, so for all you know, something could actually be there.

TL;DR: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

Apologizes on that above part. Taking the piss out of other members is just something I seriously can't stand around here. Onto something that's at least more positive...

On another note, the next Sonic game needs Mike Pollock trying to be Sonic. You know, forget that. I want the next piece of marketing to be this:

but voiced by Mike Pollock, and Roger Craig Smith. I think it would be pretty funny to see them update it with Mike Pollock doing his best Sonic impression.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, TCB said:

Would it be funny (well to me, but also a little disappointing not gonna lie) if this year's game pulls off a Mario 25th with its game:

"For Sonic's 25th Anniversary....

SEGA and SONIC TEAM Presents: Sonic All Stars Collection

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD Taxman

Sonic Game Gear Titles, Sonic R, 3D Blast And Adventure all in one package!

Oh and 3&K...but it's not a Taxman done version but hey it's still there right?"

Yeah. At least Sonic Jam had some extra content and a hub world. All Stars 25th was just a cheap cash in.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

There seems to be this idea that those of us who have been curious about the numbers are going to get all sour and annoyed if the numbers don't work the way we're expecting they might.

Most people will literally at most go, "huh, fair enough". There's literally nothing to "do to ourselves" here. If the numbers come up with something big then great and if not then no foul, we move on.

The numbers have purpose, they've been a recurring thing for some time now. Even if they're there to throw us off the right track so that SEGA can then catch us off guard with something then they've still got merit. It's all a game between the team and the fans until they're ready to talk which looks likely to be within the next couple of weeks.

It's just my general opinion but I feel there's not much purpose to them as most predictions that fans come up with have been wrong and people have been disappointed because of that. I don't even view it as a marketing strategy but rather Aaron having fun and engaging with Sonic fans. That's just me, but I am not making fun of people, just the idea. However it is its wrong, then I apologise.

54 minutes ago, Dashman said:

Yeah. At least Sonic Jam had some extra content and a hub world. All Stars 25th was just a cheap cash in.

In fairness to All-Stars 25th, the original All-Stars had been out of print for decades. And All-Stars in general aren't just ports of the original games, they were remakes.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Breaking news" Eh?

Well color me intrigued now. Let's see what this 'breaking news' could ever possibly mean.

We might show a trailer for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3, but we don't plan to announce any new games there.

Don't get salty if it ain't the game reveal.

2 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

Don't get salty if it ain't the game reveal.

Well, thanks for letting us know this now, but, I have to ask, what the heck could they be announcing that'd be so big it would need to be considered "breaking news?!"

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Well, thanks for letting us know this now, but, I have to ask, what the heck could they be announcing that'd be so big it would need to be considered "breaking news?!"

...It was posted on the Sonic Social Media page fam

And did SEGA actually said "breaking news" or is that Gamespot creating hype out of nothing?

Breaking news, eh?

Game reveal or not, I'm always excited to see new info, especially with the tag of "breaking news"!

...It was posted on the Sonic Social Media page fam

And did SEGA actually said "breaking news" or is that Gamespot creating hype out of nothing?

*Sigh* Define "it," please.

This is what the article states:

Sega is also promising "breaking news" for the event--perhaps some new details on the Sonic movie or the aforementioned rumored game?

"Join us as we celebrate the past and look to the future with breaking news and an inside glimpse at what fans can expect in this milestone year," Sega said.

There doesn't seem to be a definitive source to the possibility of "breaking news", just more speculation as usual.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

*Sigh* Define "it," please.

The quote that Aaron said that they won't be revealing a new game, that's "it" fam.

7 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

The quote that Aaron said that they won't be revealing a new game, that's "it" fam.

Yeah, I followed your link and saw that, hence what I said in my post, so I don't really know why you felt the need to let me know that.

Oooooo-kay, TCB's gone nuts. Someone get the rock.

This is the very epitome of 'Let's Just See Where This, Guys" I've seen all year thus far I'm very well entertained by this I'm sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TCB said:

This is the very epitome of 'Let's Just See Where This, Guys" I've seen all year thus far I'm very well entertained by this I'm sorry

Uh, why are you apologizing? 

If anything, I should be the one that should be saying sorry since I was the one that made Donnie aware of this. It was my mistake, I'm so sorry to all Sonic fans. But what a wonderful evening we had.

7 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Uh, why are you apologizing? 

Because I know initially the news made a few of us a little bit eager for the panel but then after that FB post I just find the back and forth on the matter on the "breaking news" and what said FB Sonic post said made find it all so very entertaining to unfold. I know some don't see it my way though hence why I said that.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is still the possibility of them revealing a game on the 21st - since that is two days after the event.

Let's look at the worst case scenario here:

• The absolute latest they'll reveal the game is late May; Lost World was officially revealed on the 28th with domain leaks happening a couple of days earlier.
  • It's quite likely they'll announce it sometime in early to mid April; Generations was teased on the 7th with the gameplay being reveal around two weeks later.
  • It's still entirely possible that something is happening this month. Between the panel and our 21/3/16 date there's a chance in here.

I get the feeling we'll get a tease there, and an announcement on 3/21, two days later (one of the dates we've been given).

Other than some crazy batshpit out of left field thing, I can't think of anything else that would call for Yuji Naka, two of Sonic's VAs, Iizuka, and Aaron all in one place for less than an hour. Unless it's movie related..

• Thumbs Up 1