Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Mikyeong said:

There's a big difference between "I don't think we are getting a game" and "I think there's a possibility we might not get a main game". -_-

To say "I don't think we are getting a game" is that. Saying that you will stand that there is no game. The latter however implies there's hope there WILL be a game and that is always in the front of your mind. I just prefer not to say "we are getting a game" when I don't know. All we got was teaser numbers that people are struggling to find a hidden meaning to.

Alright, I haven't stepped foot in here yet, and I likely won't be here for long, but there are some points I want to address. First off, cynicism. I think we're getting cynicism and doubt mixed up here. Being cynical about Sonic games doesn't refer to you thinking there's no point getting excited for it, or getting hopes up. If anything, I'd say being a cynic is where you just look at anything they come out with, and begin nitpicking a argument in order to justify you out and out insulting it. That, I don't find justified, especially when a number of factors comes into play to disprove any justifiable cynicism (I.E. Different teams creating different games, for example, Sonic Team A creates Generations, Team B creates Lost World, Red Button creates Rise of Lyric, Sanzaru creating Shattered Crystal etc). 

Look at it this way. If it was confirmed Big Red Button was developing the 25th anniversary game, you could make an argument for being a cynic there, because of the fact they managed to totally fuck it up in one go, and in a massive fashion, so obviously you are going to be distrusting in their ability to create a good Sonic game in any aspect. However, as we move further with developers, that justification falls more and more, to the point where you are just nitpicking for the point of it, which then moves onto jumping onto the classic "Sanic sucks" bandwagon. For example, Sanzaru has proven themselves a reliable development company. Sly 4 is a great platformer, and even Shattered Crystal was decent, the problem was the team mislead their idea with a MetroidVania game. In the same way with Sonic Team B, Lost World in of itself could have worked well enough, the problem was the idea got mislead through other factors, such as experimentation, and poor story telling.

Then we look to the even bigger point. Assuming Team B is still working on something, Sanzaru is working on Fire & Ice, and Big Red Button is well...no, that obviously means Team A is likely heading the 25th Anniversary game, and quite honestly, even if you don't like Gens, or the boost gameplay, I think we can all agree it's at least a good direction for Sonic to go in. Even if some personally don't like it, and that's totally fine, you have to admit it's obviously a good deal of polish and ideas went into it to make it a good game. 

That's why I find all this "cynicism is justified" stuff non-credible, because of the fact a lot of it can be argued in different ways to defend the next game coming, and even then, saying "cuz sonic" isn't an argument either. I think at this point, we need to learn to judge the games by their own merits, instead of looking at previous games, especially since we all know Sonic games usually try different styles. It's like calling Generations a bad game because 06 was a bad game, or calling the original trilogy terrible games because Sonic Genesis GBA was complete shit. It doesn't work like that.

31 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Guys, there might be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2 this year. I'm not saying there definitely will be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2. I'm just saying it's a theoretical possibility.

Time for the Edge to return

Guest Starring: Silver the Hedgehog as Shadow's sidekick

Shadow the Hedgehog 2: 2 Hedgeys, 2 Edgy

• Thumbs Up 4

Here what it was in the call:

"WOO/OOO LOOK AT ME I'M SONIC! I SAVE ALL THE LITTLE FOREST CRITTERS AND I COLLECT GOLD RINGS AND HAVE STRANGE RELATIONSHIPS WITH HUMANS AND I'M NOWHERE AS COOL AS DR. EGGMAN!"

So did any of you leave a message? 

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

OMG I CALLED THE NUMBER AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

What was there? Plz tell us.

1 minute ago, TCB said:

Was it actually Mike Pollock?

4 minutes ago, Azoo said:

It's gotta be great being that unfun. Like, come on man.

Also can confirm that Egg--erm, SONIC was on the other line. I let him know that his cat was somewhere near Barcelona and it was climbing walls and that there was a professor they could contact to get all the information that he needs if he needed it, and that I would know because I've traveled there and I know it like night and day.

Glad I could help a hog in need.

Fun is fine, fun is great, but this is old now the same as Big jokes. Why people get hyped over being tossed the same thing repeatedly so far is beyond me.

...Then again, this franchise thrives on people paying for the same so who am I kidding?

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Fun is fine, fun is great, but this is old now the same as Big jokes. Why people get hyped over being tossed the same thing repeatedly so far is beyond me.

...Then again, this franchise thrives on people paying for the same so who am I kidding?

Personly, I'm not tired because of jokes, but because of those teasers, numbers and ... ARGHH... That is drving me crazy.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Azoo said:

It's gotta be great being that unfun. Like, come on man.

Eh, I'm kinda with Chris here. I have fun with these sorts of things and jokes people make, but when that's pretty much all that's going on, I just get bored with it. I would appreciate jokes a lot more if they were mixed in with actual Sonic news and stuff to discuss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because it's hurting nothing.

Really, what else are we gonna talk about? The same cyclical arguments as always? We've had two or three years of that on here, so I think we can afford this. It's a fun distraction to keep our appetites whetted for when the reveals rise, and I don't think every time it gets a little something extra that it requires someone to come in and groan around and be the big spoil sport. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Also, paying for "the same"? That's implying this series even knows what consistency is (it doesn't).

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm enjoying what these jokes and stuff are doing for the hell of it, not to tie in these things with getting hyped and setting my expectations a blaze over a game.

I don't have a problem with a lot of jokes. I find ones from the Sonic Twitter funny, and more. The only jokes I usually get sick of around here is either ones that just go too far into "just no", or the always typical "sanic sucks" jokes. 

4 minutes ago, Azoo said:

Because it's hurting nothing. Really, what else are we gonna talk about? The same cyclical arguments as always? We've had two or three years of that, so I think we can afford this. It's a fun distraction to keep our appetites whet for when the reveals rise, and I don't think every time it gets a little something extra that it requires someone to come in and groan around and be the big spoil sport. 

It may not be hurting anything or anyone, but, eh, I just don't find it fun. It wasn't necessary for Chris to lash out like he did, but I really can't blame him for being annoyed by it.

That said, if you guys find it fun, I'm not going to ruin it for you. I'll just kind of silently roll my eyes if I don't find a joke funny and continue to wait for some real news so I can have fun, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

It may not be hurting anything or anyone, but, eh, I just don't find it fun. It wasn't necessary for Chris to lash out like he did, but I really can't blame him for being annoyed by it.

That's just it. It was said trademark lashing that was the issue to begin with.

Well, that and making a needless and poor-tasting jab at what consumers are allegedly paying, but I digress.

51 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

Oh come. Just look at this very thread. Besides our wishes and arguments, there are enough evidence to prove the existence of Sonic 2016 game. Even more, there are clues for more then one game this year (besides Fire&Ice and Olimpics). So we are waiting. Considering an option without Sonic Team game is just illogical

Yes :)  This anniverary would be a very unique chance to do two interlocking games, i'm not sure how that would work, but perhaps completing an achievement in one, it would unlock something in the other? 

It's not like I find Sonic social media stuff funny most of the time either (this phone thing def was though), but raining on people's parade constantly over things that are so small and inconsequential to anything besides a good laugh for some is pretty pointless, is it not? 

I'm not pointing any fingers in particular, but some may need to pick up a hobby or just go check out something else for a while and take a load off until there's actually news. No point in being a stick in the mud.

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

That's just it. It was said trademark lashing that was the issue to begin with.

Well, that and making a needless and poor-tasting jab at what consumers are allegedly paying, but I digress.

And there's no need for you to try to fan flames. Let's not do that.

• Thumbs Up 7

@AzooAh,  if it comes off like,  then my apologies to fellow compatriots. Wasn't the intent,  but it was with perhaps,  too sharp a tongue.

Sorry about that. 

41 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

Personly, I'm not tired because of jokes, but because of those teasers, numbers and ... ARGHH... That is drving me crazy.

It's fun to see people decode numbers that mean nothing at all lol

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

It's fun to see people decode numbers that mean nothing at all lol

Not fun when you're one of decoders:(

Just now, Kfarc said:

Not fun when you're one of decoders:(

welp, y'all did it to yourselves. overworking over numbers that don't mean shit. that's the funny part. (if they DO mean something i apologise but i don't see any value in it)

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

welp, y'all did it to yourselves. overworking over numbers that don't mean shit. that's the funny part. (if they DO mean something i apologise but i don't see any value in it)

You don't have to apologise. I'm lughing from myself to (after crying and before tearing my hairs out):lol::lol::lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TCB said:

video here haha

• Thumbs Up 7