Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

It's entirely possible they won't say anything about a new game, and the hints will be about other things going on for Sonic this year.

And remember that we technically don't know for sure that there's even going to be a game this year.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well the panel is said to be an hour. Plus past and present faces behind the series are also going to take part. If other than Reminiscing Hour w/ Aaron, Iizuka & Naka is taking up a majority of the time then something else could be possibly happening there.

Lets see where it goes.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

It's entirely possible they won't say anything about a new game, and the hints will be about other things going on for Sonic this year.

And remember that we technically don't know for sure that there's even going to be a game this year.

It'd certainly be something for a videogame franchise not to have a videogame for it's 25th anniversary. Then again, as a Metroid fan, I've been dissapointed in this regard.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well, okay, I suppose a game hint isn't confirmed, but I'm still hoping they at least confirm it exists. I'm not going to get excited or have any expectations, but I do hope for a game hint. Frankly, I don't really care about any of the other 25th anniversary celebrations.

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It might not even be a game this year

I'm pretty sure they won't acknowledge or even hint at a new game. In the past when they have held events like this is more about how the franchise is doing and not so much where it's heading.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Like a briefly mentioned before, I'll see how it goes when we get there. At this point I'd rather set my hype/expectations when I see something to warrant it. That's me being cautious.

2 minutes ago, Mikgenes said:

It might not even be a game this year

I'm not gonna lie, for a second I seriously thought you were Diogenes quoting himself. :blink:

Anyway, I am certain we'll get a game this year. There's literally no reason we wouldn't get one since this is the Silver Anniversary of a video game franchise, SEGA has confirmed Sonic is not done on consoles, and our last Sonic Team game for consoles was in 2013, so they've had plenty of time to make a new one.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well let's remember what happened with 06. Almost everyone was in agreement that they would have rather they waited a extra year to release the thing salvaging as much as they could,  pretty much skipping the anniversary, and having the anniversary game a year late. Perhaps SEGA is wanting to really polish this thing, even if it means passing the anniversary year. I have no problem with the anniversary title coming out after the actual anniversary year if it means no fuck ups on Sega's end.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, KHCast said:

Well let's remember what happened with 06. Almost everyone was in agreement that they would have rather they waited a extra year to release the thing salvaging as much as they could,  pretty much skipping the anniversary, and having the anniversary game a year late. Perhaps SEGA is wanting to really polish this thing, even if it means passing the anniversary year. I have no problem with the anniversary title coming out after the actual anniversary year if it means no fuck ups on Sega's end.

Well, that's all well and good, though I don't expect the game to need to be delayed, to be honest. I don't suppose I have much of a reason to feel that way beyond the fact that the last four Sonic Team games were all released completed and on time, but there you go. However, even if it didn't come out in time for the anniversary for whatever reason, I think it's safe to say it exists and will be released.

I rather it be delayed and be a good game then be rushed to the due date and be shitty, you know?

1 minute ago, Mikgenes said:

I rather it be delayed and be a good game then be rushed to the due date and be shitty, you know?

I just said that's fine, and I agree, I just don't feel like it will need to be delayed.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I thought Generations had a lot of shit and concepts removed/not included because of the release date.

Even if that's the case, the game's not super glitchy with the removals being really noticeable or anything like that, so I'm counting it as "finished" in its current state.

• Thumbs Up 5

Um, considering the content that was said to be included(much of it story based), I'd say it's pretty noticeable given how empty the game felt. Also not being glitchy =/= mean something is finished by default.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Um, considering the content that was said to be included(much of it story based), I'd say it's pretty noticeable given how empty the game felt. Also not being glitchy =/= mean something is finished by default.

I'm just saying I never noticed anything missing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah, I felt that parts of it were rushed and I can see that by the execution.

Soooooo, 25th anniversary game hint actually confirmed?! 

No, it's just a possibility that they'll say something about the game.

SEGA: -It exists.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

There's going to be a mainline game this year. Come on.

*shrug* We shall see. I'm not joining the hype.

4 hours ago, Marcello said:

There's going to be a mainline game this year. Come on.

There could totally not be.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

There could totally not be.

There is nothing hinting toward SEGA skipping this year again. A game coming makes more sense than not. It's Sonic's 25th anniversary this year, which is a big one. SEGA won't not release a mainline Sonic game 3 years in a row. Aaron wouldn't be making cryptic hints if there was nothing, even if the hints are just random things. It would piss of fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's absurd that we've gotten to the point of pessimism/paranoia where people are even beginning to speculate the non-existence of an anniversary game release this year.

The only "milestone" anniversary that never had an officially-licensed anniversary game was Sonic's 5th anniversary (though there were Sonic games that did come out that year, namely Sonic 3D Blast). And the 25th anniversary for many is one of the most important ones for people and companies, they cannot skip it. It's the silver anniversary, after all.

Just because it's so early in the year that they cannot talk about even its existence, does not mean it does not exist. You might argue that "I can't prove its existence either", but there's enough circumstantial evidence in support of its existence and not enough against its existence.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's not paranoia, it's more so people not wanting to get too hyped up. Think of it this way: when there is no main game this year, people will get disappointed and some of us will be saying "well, y'all did it to yourselves". I rather not be too hyped on this. 

I mean, I never said people had to get hyped or not, but I think it's getting silly to say that there might not even be a game. Sure, it might not be GOOD, hopefully it is good, but to doubt even its existence? I think that is taking the cynicism up too many notches.

It's smart to not get hyped over nothing, but on the other hand, taking it too far in the other direction is also bad.

EDIT: Either way, it's best to take a neutral stance about the game until we have more info. But I definitely think it exists, there's a lot that points towards that being the case and normally, if something does NOT exist, a company will outright say so. They already said no NiGHTS anniversary celebrations this year. A company is far more likely to deny something early than confirm something early.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 7

Well you can't blame some of us for being cynical about it since.... Sonic series that do that to people. 

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm doubting it's existence, it's just a possibility that there might not be a game and it's possibility going to be a side game or a mashup. It's just a possibility many of us have. 

• Thumbs Up 1