Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I honestly only cared in the context of Sonic 4 and Lost World. The 3D games tended to be more arcade-y in nature, and tend to be more focused on sensation than anything, so I could overlook them. Boost pads are there just to maintain the general flow of the game.

Lost World was different because it's structured more like a Mario game, and Mario games demand more attention to the level design and having absolute control is of utmost importance. So running into boosters felt a bit frustrating, because it ripped away the control that the level design demanded.

Really though, I don't care about boost pads. They're kind of a minor and inconsequential detail. I care more about what vision the game has. I want a big Sonic game again. I want an adventure again. When was the last time we HAD that?

Sonic Unleashed, my favorite Sonic game. From 2008. ...Holy bananas, it's been nearly eight years since our last big Sonic adventure.

Yeah, we're way overdue. Come on, SEGA, make this game big. I want this game to be big. Not overambitious, but sufficiently big enough to feel like a real adventure, even if the story is packed with Colors-Lost World style jokes and silliness. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Here's a reason: so it isn't shoved down our throats.

There's a good time to talk about it and a bad time.

How hard is it to talk about something other than "Sonic sucks"? Seriously. This shouldn't even be a problem.

Sonic sucks. Sonic sucks. Who cares at this point?

What if we have legit problems or doubts with the series' direction? 

That's not the point. I have problems and doubts with the series' direction too. But I'm not going to bring it up all the time, even if it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Like I said, there's a good time to talk about it and a bad time.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well no matter what we do,they won't stop. They'll keep going,because they have a point. Sega keeps ttrying new things with sonic and most of them could improve if sega actually used them. Thats why they say sonic sucks. Sega needs to either stick with on gameplay style,or improve on others.

2 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

Well no matter what we do,they won't stop. They'll keep going,because they have a point. Sega keeps ttrying new things with sonic and most of them could improve if sega actually used them. Thats why they say sonic sucks. Sega needs to either stick with on gameplay style,or improve on others.

Are you even reading our posts? People are allowed to express distaste towards Sonic's current state all they want, but there's a time and place, and even in the right time and place, simply saying "Sonic sux" repeatedly is not useful to anyone.

Your previous post was real mature, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

It doesn't matter what point they have. It's called manners.

I don't care what opinion you have. If you're getting pissy at someone with that opinion, or you're shoving that opinion in our faces even if we're off-topic and that opinion is irrelevent to what the discussion is, then people will get frustrated.

How hard is it to just be respectful of others? Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you can do whatever you want and not have any consequences.

• Thumbs Up 8

How about we discuss problems and concerns in a constructive way? I don't feel there is a need to block out criticism of the series, especially since there are some on SSMB who have pretty much stopped caring about the series. I'm not saying that saying "Sonic sucks" out of nowhere is the right thing to do, I am not one for raining on other people's parades, however many do have legit dislike for how the series is handles. Me included.  

6 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

[Sorry for the weird post again] Why do i even bother with my life?

7 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

How about we discuss problems and concerns in a constructive way?

Yes. When we're actually talking about those problems.

I don't feel there is a need to block out criticism of the series, especially since there are some on SSMB who have pretty much stopped caring about the series.

No one's saying to "block out criticism". We keep saying "there's a good time to criticize and a bad time" but it seems like this is getting ignored.

I'm not saying that saying "Sonic sucks" out of nowhere is the right thing to do, I am not one for raining on other people's parades,

Except that's exactly the point we're making. That it's wrong to rain on other people's parades.

• Thumbs Up 8

Didn't Sean put a stop to this whole tangent? Either way, I'm doing so right now. If you want to complain about the current state of the franchise, there are threads way more suited to that than one about the 25th anniversary.

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

To be honest, I didn't even think the dash panels were necessary in some the boost games considering the ways you can fill up your boost gage (beating robots, collecting rings, tricks, wisps etc). The only exception I would argue is Sonic Colors since the wisps were the only way to fill up your gage. Other than that, games like Generations didn't really need them since the energy was handed to you on a silver platter. Unleashed I would argue the same as well since you needed to defeat enemies to do so and I wasn't sure if tricks filled your gage as well.   

Thing is, it's still possible to run out of boost energy, even in Generations. Game designers have to keep in mind every possible situation the player could find themselves in. If you destroy every badnik and collect every Ring in an area and then use up all your boost before reaching a loop or something, well, there you go.

• Thumbs Up 6

19 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Your previous post was real mature, by the way.

Let not call out people like that.  It's a good way to start flame wars.  Please report the member to a moderator if you have any concerns with a post someone makes.

11 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:
19 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

[Sorry for the weird post again] Why do i even bother with my life?

And enough with the self-depreciation every single time someone calls you out.  It's not helping you any.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Tara said:

Let not call out people like that.  It's a good way to start flame wars.  Please report the member to a moderator if you have any concerns with a post someone makes.

And enough with the self-depreciation every single time someone calls you out.  It's not helping you any.

Apologies. Won't happen again.

Thank you. Just...THANK YOU. I couldn't agree more.

14 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Thing is, it's still possible to run out of boost energy, even in Generations. Game designers have to keep in mind every possible situation the player could find themselves in. If you destroy every badnik and collect every Ring in an area and then use up all your boost before reaching a loop or something, well, there you go.

There were definitely times I ran out of boost energy in Generations. It's rather uncommon but it does happen. It all comes down to how you use it.

Oh yeah there is times I have ran out of boost energy (don't get me started towards the end of Seaside Hill), but like the top comment said, it happens very rarely as the game encourages you to milk the boost. 

Right. So. If what information they're apparently going to present about Sonic's future at SXSW is not related to a future game, then what do you think it could be? I doubt it's related to Sonic Boom, since we already know what big news that could possibly be. I doubt that it would be the announcement of a future announcement, since that's silly even for SEGA. So, what's left then?

1 minute ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Right. So. If what information they're apparently going to present about Sonic's future at SXSW is not related to a future game, then what do you think it could be? I doubt it's related to Sonic Boom, since we already know what big news that could possibly be. I doubt that it would be the announcement of a future announcement, since that's silly even for SEGA. So, what's left then?

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3. Yes, I'm talking seriously. I think that it's real.

Just now, Kfarc said:

Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3. Yes, I'm talking seriously. I think that it's real.

But we already know that. Roger released a trailer for it, on top of Ruby's not shutting up about it for the past half-decade.

1 minute ago, Kfarc said:

Big is cut from the main series, so I don't think so unless it's a flash game.

Just now, Mikyeong said:

Big is cut from the main series, so I don't think so unless it's a flash game.

No, that thing about Big being retired was false. He's still making frequent appearances in spinoffs.

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

No, that thing about Big being retired was false. He's still making frequent appearances in spinoffs.

Keyword: spinoffs.

He's not going to be in any main series games:

Due to his poor reception and apparent uselessness, Sonic Team decided to remove him from any future games starting in 2012, although head Takashi Iizuka has since stated that a game starring Big is a possibility. Big has, however, made additional cameo appearances.

If he were to be in a game, is gonna be strictly cameos and (playable) spinoffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

But we already know that. Roger released a trailer for it, on top of Ruby's not shutting up about it for the past half-decade.

The more people complain about the abundance of Fishing Adventure jokes, the more frequent he's going to bring it up.