Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

There hasn't been a mainline in-house Sonic game since Lost World (2013), and assuming the Team A-Team B division is still a thing, there hasn't been one by the "A-Team" since Generations (2011). I think they've had plenty of time to work on a big "main" game in time for the 25th anniversary. 

The only thing we should reasonably expect from it is that it won't be "boost" or "parkour" in nature. That's all. Enough to excite curiosity, not enough to go crazy over. I'll just patiently wait until the fireworks happen near the end of Spring/beginning of Summer.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Shade Vortex said:

I mean, I never said people had to get hyped or not, but I think it's getting silly to say that there might not even be a game. Sure, it might not be GOOD, hopefully it is good, but to doubt even its existence? I think that is taking the cynicism up too many notches.

No game has been announced, so we don't know if one exists. There probably will be one, it's just not definite yet. It's as simple as that.

• Thumbs Up 4

19 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Well you can't blame some of us for being cynical about it since.... Sonic series that do that to people. 

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm doubting it's existence, it's just a possibility that there might not be a game and it's possibility going to be a side game or a mashup. It's just a possibility many of us have. 

Well, at this point, you're really just being cynical against all logic. I mean, good Lord, we go a few years without a new game and suddenly we might not get one on a big year for the franchise? Really?

• Thumbs Up 7

Would it be funny (well to me, but also a little disappointing not gonna lie) if this year's game pulls off a Mario 25th with its game:

"For Sonic's 25th Anniversary....

SEGA and SONIC TEAM Presents: Sonic All Stars Collection

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD Taxman

Sonic Game Gear Titles, Sonic R, 3D Blast And Adventure all in one package!

Oh and 3&K...but it's not a Taxman done version but hey it's still there right?"

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming we'll get one. Dunno how it'll play or what it'll look like, but I still think we'll get a game. Hoping it has a new gameplay style!

7 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Well, at this point, you're really just being cynical against all logic. I mean, good Lord, we go a few years without a new game and suddenly we might not get one on a big year for the franchise? Really?

There's a big difference between "I don't think we are getting a game" and "I think there's a possibility we might not get a main game". -_-

To say "I don't think we are getting a game" is that. Saying that you will stand that there is no game. The latter however implies there's hope there WILL be a game and that is always in the front of your mind. I just prefer not to say "we are getting a game" when I don't know. All we got was teaser numbers that people are struggling to find a hidden meaning to.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

There's a big difference between "I don't think we are getting a game" and "I think there's a possibility we might not get a main game". -_-

To say "I don't think we are getting a game" is that. Saying that you will stand that there is no game. The latter however implies there's hope there WILL be a game and that is always in the front of your mind. I just prefer not to say "we are getting a game" when I don't know. All we got was teaser numbers that people are struggling to find a hidden meaning to.

I'm just saying, there's really no reason to even think there's a possibility we wouldn't get a new game this year. I'm not going to tell you how to operate, but if you're going to insist that there's a possibility we won't be getting a new game, then I will continue to say "uh, I think it's safe to say we will." If this was 2015 and you were saying this, I'd agree, not because it's 2016 now and we obviously didn't get anything, but because, even at the start of that year, I knew there was a good chance we wouldn't get a game. This year, though, I just cannot say I believe there's even a chance we won't be getting a new game, for reasons I've already stated.

Also, in response to the bolded portion of your post, the latter mentality/belief is already what I was addressing, I just didn't word it the same way you did:

24 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Now, it's my turn to be exasperated. : P 

53 minutes ago, Detective Indigo said:

There hasn't been a mainline in-house Sonic game since Lost World (2013), and assuming the Team A-Team B division is still a thing, there hasn't been one by the "A-Team" since Generations (2011). I think they've had plenty of time to work on a big "main" game in time for the 25th anniversary. 

The only thing we should reasonably expect from it is that it won't be "boost" or "parkour" in nature. That's all. Enough to excite curiosity, not enough to go crazy over. I'll just patiently wait until the fireworks happen near the end of Spring/beginning of Summer.

Wasnt the whole "Two teams" thing proven false by retro or something?

I don't think it was proven false so much as clarified.

If I'm remembering right, there is a split development cycle but this talk of A and B teams led them to believe we thought these two groups were in some way fixed but in reality what the two teams comprise of is constantly in flux. It's like when the Colours group wrapped up and then joined the others who were working on Generations to help get that finished.

Basically, there aren't A and B teams but Sonic Team does divide and merge as they need to.

• Thumbs Up 9

I think it’s more fun to get at least tiny bit excited and look forward to each Sonic game as a fan. While I’m not a super optimist, I do however like to keep my views on a lighter side when I can and just relax while trying to enjoy it all as it comes. Personally I’m not even all that upset when a Sonic game turn out to be terrible, I just don’t buy it/stop playing it if I dislike it much and move on, simple as that. Also I never regret the time I spent looking forward to it and getting hyped regardless of how the game actually turned out. I had fun, so there’s no harm. If I’m not having fun then I’ll go do something else that I enjoy instead. No point in sticking around torturing yourself afterall.

So that said, as I actually overall like the Sonic series, and have since the early 90s. I look forward to whatever new Sonic games will come out this year even if I end up not wanting them. xD

I do strongly think we’ll get a 25th anniversary Sonic-Team made game this year. And if we don’t for any reason then Ohwell, If that happens I’ll just look forward to whatever comes next year instead. ;P

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I think it’s more fun to get at least tiny bit excited and look forward to each Sonic game as a fan. While I’m not a super optimist, I do however like to keep my views on a lighter side when I can and just relax while trying to enjoy it all as it comes. Personally I’m not even all that upset when a Sonic game turn out to be terrible, I just don’t buy it/stop playing it if I dislike it much and move on, simple as that. Also I never regret the time I spent looking forward to it and getting hyped regardless of how the game actually turned out. I had fun, so there’s no harm. If I’m not having fun then I’ll go do something else that I enjoy instead. No point in sticking around torturing yourself afterall.

So that said, as I actually overall like the Sonic series, and have since the early 90s. I look forward to whatever new Sonic games will come out this year even if I end up not wanting them. xD

I do strongly think we’ll get a 25th anniversary Sonic-Team made game this year. And if we don’t for any reason then Ohwell, If that happens I’ll just look forward to whatever comes next year instead. ;P

I really like your attitude! The way I see it, that's pretty much the mindset to have.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Guys, there might be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2 this year. I'm not saying there definitely will be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2. I'm just saying it's a theoretical possibility.

I know you are joking. And as unlikely as it would be, If it did happen then I might be ok with it TBH. Surely It'd be better then the first. Hohoo

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I know you are joking. And as unlikely as it would be, If it did happen then I might be ok with it TBH. Surely It'd be better then the first. Hohoo

She was joking? I was sure she was being real after all there's a theoretical possibility so that definitely means it's happening right? Right.

9 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Guys, there might be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2 this year. I'm not saying there definitely will be a Shadow The Hedgehog 2. I'm just saying it's a theoretical possibility.

...I'd tap this idea.

Oh come. Just look at this very thread. Besides our wishes and arguments, there are enough evidence to prove the existence of Sonic 2016 game. Even more, there are clues for more then one game this year (besides Fire&Ice and Olimpics). So we are waiting. Considering an option without Sonic Team game is just illogical

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

They can even be making Tails Adventure 2. At this point I just don't know what is coming, but I know they are doing something... Actualy I would like to have new Shadow game ('cuz why not?).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

It would probably be better than the first in that Sega wouldn't design or write it as incompetently, but I don't think they would have the chops to completely salvage the idea for public confidence with either great mechanical prowess or through subversive writing. It would also be hard to predict what ideas they would even keep, considering the precedence we have of them actually making a direct sequel years after the fact proved that they're not one for iterative design, and at that point if they wouldn't keep the branching pathway bit I'd be sad. All in all, it'd probably be mediocre.......which in Sonic's case means the worst shit ever.

1 minute ago, TCB said:

She was joking? I was sure she was being real after all there's a theoretical possibility so that definitely means it's happening right? Right.

I wasn't lampooning that it would be real.

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I wasn't lampooning that it would be real.

Uh, yeah, I know. I was just playing along, being a bit tongue in cheek like. Didn't work did it.

Hey guys. There is a brand new post. With numbers. Phone numbers. To Algeria. I don't know, am I a little to paranoid with those numbers?

CcpGWS6UMAA0EE-.jpg

1 minute ago, Kfarc said:

Hey guys. There is a brand new post. With numbers. Phone numbers. To Algeria. I don't know, am I a little to paranoid with those numbers?

CcpGWS6UMAA0EE-.jpg

...I'll be glad once this crap is over more-so than having the game finally revealed.

Fun at first, now it's just a pet peeve.

• Thumbs Up 2

Look at the pieces of paper guys

3 pieces, blank, then 7 pieces 

Alternatively the 4th and 12th pieces are gone

3/7 or 4/12

Also the area code number is 213

Could it mean 3/21

the plot thickens

Spoiler

Really though did anyone call the number

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Hm, we already had 21.3 as a date from the other numbers, right?

Mother of god, yes. It's so obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...I'll be glad once this crap is over more-so than having the game finally revealed.

Fun at first, now it's just a pet peeve.

I miss the times of dank memes with no clues and numbers... Can't wait till reales of this game...

1 minute ago, TCB said:

Look at the pieces of paper guys

3 pieces, blank, then 7 pieces 

Alternatively the 4th and 12th pieces are gone

3/7 or 4/12

Also the area code number is 213

Could it mean 3/21

the plot thickens

Reveal hidden contents

Really though did anyone call the number

How-so when it's just more of the same fiddle faddle we've been fed several times now?