Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

29 minutes ago, Shadowkirby12 said:

I'd be kind of funny if it really was Big big's fishing adventure 3.... I'd be angry at first, then sad, then I'd watch the gameplay and say it's shit, then I'd buy it anyway

If BBFA3 is real, I think it will be free... something. Flash game, mod or something. Well but there are still 14 days and 12 hours till SXSW panel...

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Yes but needlessly bringing it up all the time, regardless of relevance, is not.

We get it.

He hasnt given anyone a reason to stop. 

Trust me, i would like to be able to go on forums and have sonic's fuck ups be a thing of the past, friends in the games totally fine. All their criticisms made completely irrelevant.

I would love that. But he still fuckin' up. And im not going to be upset with peoples issues when hes still fuckin up.

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

He hasnt given anyone a reason to stop. 

Trust me, i would like to be able to go on forums and have sonic's fuck ups be a thing of the past, friends in the games totally fine. All their criticisms made completely irrelevant.

I would love that. But he still fuckin' up. And im not going to be upset with peoples issues when hes still fuckin up.

He has been fucking up,yes,but in my absence I learned to put up with it,at least until the 25th game.

BTW,did any announcements happen while I was gone,and why a second thread?

40 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

BTW,did any announcements happen while I was gone,and why a second thread?

Well they anounced Sonic: Mega Drive comic from Archie, and a SXSW panel where Izuka, Naka, Webber will talk about Sonic's past. But, no game anoucment.

58 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

IGNORE THE ABOVE QUOTE BOX

Oh goodie! MORE nostalgia! As if we hadn't had enough! But seriously, why is there a second thread of the 25th anniversary.

On the bit about the SXSW news concerning the future of Sonic, is anyone else expecting speakers there to be outlining a concrete shift or new policies for the future direction of Sonic games, and/or a change in developers or development staff? Naturally I was kinda expecting news concerning something regarding the 25th anniversary game, but with that debunked I'm kinda expecting some news that will impact where the series goes starting with or following the 25th anniversary game and onwards. Especially given the talk from Sega CEOs about making future games play closer to the Genesis games and bringing Sonic to modern-day gamers.

3 hours ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

IGNORE THE ABOVE QUOTE BOX

Oh goodie! MORE nostalgia! As if we hadn't had enough! But seriously, why is there a second thread of the 25th anniversary.

Because people want to talk and speculate about what the 25th anniversary game(s) is/are based on what we already know without people derailing it or complaining about its existence because that's what caused the first thread to be locked. The OP goes out of its way to establish this and throughout the thread the mods have repeatedly pointed this out when people risked getting this thread locked under similar reasons.

3 minutes ago, Supt. Gabe said:

On the bit about the SXSW news concerning the future of Sonic, is anyone else expecting speakers there to be outlining a concrete shift or new policies for the future direction of Sonic games, and/or a change in developers or development staff? Naturally I was kinda expecting news concerning something regarding the 25th anniversary game, but with that debunked I'm kinda expecting some news that will impact where the series goes starting with or following the 25th anniversary game and onwards. Especially given the talk from Sega CEOs about making future games play closer to the Genesis games and bringing Sonic to modern-day gamers.

Because people want to talk and speculate about what the 25th anniversary game(s) is/are based on what we already know without people derailing it or complaining about its existence because that's what caused the first thread to be locked. The OP goes out of its way to establish this and throughout the thread the mods had repeatedly pointed this out several times when people risked getting this thread locked under similar reasons.

Well why DON'T they just lock the thread until the game is announce,that way,there would be more topic!

1 hour ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

Well why DON'T they just lock the thread until the game is announce,that way,there would be more topic!

.......because they wanted to actually allow us to speculate? The reason why the first thread was locked because people kept derailing it with personal beef no one cares about. This one has not had that problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Celestia said:

It'd actually be kind of cool if the official site for whatever the 25th anniversary game is had a little flash game starring Big.

What I really want is for Big to be in a main series Sonic game, though. He doesn't need to be playable or even play a role in the story. I'd actually love to see him be in the background (and maybe even hidden in levels) like in SA2, with the implication that he's on some sort of big (ha) adventure off-screen. It's like, the perfect role for the character.

Big would one day be a wonderful character in a new Sonic platformer, which is still a bit of the feeling in Sonic Adventure even!  there have been many 2D sonic games and sections since s3K but it feels like a true platformer is waiting in the wings somewhere.  :) 

navigating whole platforming zones with Big would be fantastic indeed!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

.......because they wanted to actually allow us to speculate? The reason why the first thread was locked because people kept derailing it with personal beef no one cares about. This one has not had that problem.

I know,but honestly,it eventually will,and then a third topic will be made,the problem will happen again,and the cycle will forever continue! That is the reason why I asked my question.

2 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

I know,but honestly,it eventually will,and then a third topic will be made, the problem will happen again,and the cycle will forever continue! That is the reason why I asked my question.

I kind of doubt a third topic would be made if this one just ended up going the way of the first one, because we're not children and shouldn't have to be told repeatedly not to do something. Anyway, please don't complain about a thread's existence and ask why it's not locked, because that's just really annoying and is not remotely related to our topic of discussion. 

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

I kind of doubt a third topic would be made if this one just ended up going the way of the first one, because we're not children and shouldn't have to be told repeatedly not to do something. Anyway, please don't complain about a thread's existence and ask why it's not locked, because that's just really annoying and is not remotely related to our topic of discussion. 

Sorry,dude. Now,what does that mega drive comic look like?

2 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

I am the wrong person to ask. I don't read the comics.

5 minutes ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

The book won't be released for a few months, but the cover (below) and some sketches made for the comic have been posted.

WWgOekR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Supt. Gabe said:

The book won't be released for a few months, but the cover (below) and some sketches made for the comic have been posted.

WWgOekR.jpg

Everyone,meet the comic adaptation of sonic 4! Seriously,I read the article,and it takes place after Sonic 3K,reminds you of sonic 4?

I hadn't seen those sketches before now, loving the art style. It's like a mash up of the classic style, the Man of the Year promo designs (especially Eggman) and Sonic CD's jagged line look, while also still keeping Tyson's flair for the emotive looks. The cover art even resembles Sonic Jam with a bit of the original Japanese Mega Drive covers thrown in, it's like all things classic in one package. I'm hoping Sega Japan/Sonic Team get a look at this, not just Sega America representatives via Archie submission for approval.

To me personally, this is what they should have aimed for when they decided to change up a generic smart phone platformer and name it Sonic 4, rather than the weird plastic looking mostly modern style that eventuated.

It's what has me worried about Sonic Team and their usage of the classic themes, when fans like Tyson, Stealth and Taxman seem to have a better grasp on what the classic end of the franchise was and could still be, compared to product the actual franchise developers have put out or licenced which falls short with a few exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the classic portions of Generations, but Sonic 4 as a "new" classic continuation fell so far from the mark, as has been said many times by many people, that they should have just left it as Sonic Mobile or whatever it originally was. I just hope if there is something classic coming for the 25th game wise, be it a pseudo Generations 2 or a smaller side game, that they give it more of this comic's care and attention we have seen so far over whatever the hell Sonic 4 got >.<;

• Thumbs Up 8

It's been a while since we got the quote so I can't remember exactly what he said, but a statement from Iizuka about their plans this year was something along the lines of them looking over the past two decades+ and wanting to make a game that celebrates that history. From that I actually don't think we can expect a strictly "classic" game. A "Generations 2" could come from that, but I'm not really expecting that, either. Wouldn't be surprised if whatever premise the game has does involve nostalgia though, like revisiting old levels. If that's the case, I hope that the whole main series gets some love and not just the first four of five years, but even then I'd deal with it as long as the game looks fun.

Personally, I just hope they looked at all the games from Adventure to Lost World and finally realized they've really gone overboard with the dash panels.

• Thumbs Up 9

7 minutes ago, Celestia said:

It's been a while since we got the quote so I can't remember exactly what he said, but a statement from Iizuka about their plans this year was something along the lines of them looking over the past two decades+ and wanting to make a game that celebrates that history. From that I actually don't think we can expect a strictly "classic" game. A "Generations 2" could come from that, but I'm not really expecting that, either. Wouldn't be surprised if whatever premise the game has does involve nostalgia though, like revisiting old levels. If that's the case, I hope that the whole main series gets some love and not just the first four of five years, but even then I'd deal with it as long as the game looks fun.

Personally, I just hope they looked at all the games from Adventure to Lost World and finally realized they've really gone overboard with the dash panels.

One hundred percent agreed. The dash pads never really bothered me before (except in '06, where they were pretty much the only way to go remotely "fast"), but Sonic Team went way overboard with them in Lost World (honestly, I feel like they actually made me slower at times), and I do not want to see that in the next game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Adventure's use of dash panels I didn't find to be that bad in terms of the level design around it. It's feel felt definitely more akin to the classics than say, Shadow the Hedgehog's use of them (which I feel are the worst use of them ever in a 3D Sonic game)

• Thumbs Up 6

I think the only time I've really felt like dash panels were outright necessary was, believe it or not, the boost games. There are sections that would be impossible to get through if you didn't have any boost energy, so having some panels here and there makes sense (even if the average player isn't likely to run out of boost energy, especially in Generations). Otherwise I just find them kind of...insulting, I guess, at least in nearly all of the other 3D games...and Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 5

I honestly only cared in the context of Sonic 4 and Lost World. The 3D games tended to be more arcade-y in nature, and tend to be more focused on sensation than anything, so I could overlook them. Boost pads are there just to maintain the general flow of the game.

Lost World was different because it's structured more like a Mario game, and Mario games demand more attention to the level design and having absolute control is of utmost importance. So running into boosters felt a bit frustrating, because it ripped away the control that the level design demanded.

Really though, I don't care about boost pads. They're kind of a minor and inconsequential detail. I care more about what vision the game has. I want a big Sonic game again. I want an adventure again. When was the last time we HAD that?

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I think the only time I've really felt like dash panels were outright necessary was, believe it or not, the boost games. There are sections that would be impossible to get through if you didn't have any boost energy, so having some panels here and there makes sense (even if the average player isn't likely to run out of boost energy, especially in Generations). Otherwise I just find them kind of...insulting, I guess, at least in nearly all of the other 3D games...and Sonic 4.

To be honest, I didn't even think the dash panels were necessary in some the boost games considering the ways you can fill up your boost gage (beating robots, collecting rings, tricks, wisps etc). The only exception I would argue is Sonic Colors since the wisps were the only way to fill up your gage. Other than that, games like Generations didn't really need them since the energy was handed to you on a silver platter. Unleashed I would argue the same as well since you needed to defeat enemies to do so and I wasn't sure if tricks filled your gage as well.   

• Thumbs Up 2