Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Day 12: What is your most nostalgic memory with the franchise?

My most nostalgic memory with Sonic is actually my first encounter with the series my means of playing Sonic 1 for the first time back in June 1991 as a 7-year-old:

bhWwI5k.jpg?1

I was immediately intrigued seeing this box art for Sonic 1, as I had no idea what a hedgehog was at the time, not to mention I never recalled any video game characters being such as well as being blue, so I found that really cool. I got Sonic 1 and the SEGA Genesis as a reward for doing well in school (as that was what I chose) and as soon as plugged in the Sonic 1 cartridge and turned my brand new SEGA Genesis on and saw this:

SGk6y3s.gif?1

I knew right then and there just from the title screen and expression on his face during the idle animation that Sonic was definitely a character with some personality and that definitely captivated the attention of 7 year old me. Within a span of 5 minutes, I knew that Sonic was a cool dude that was fast and energetic with an attitude to boot-which I liked a lot. Something that I still think of Sonic some nearly 24 years later and then some. It was a fine first memory of the Blue Blur that has stuck with me just as long :)

Runner up would be watching SatAM. Nine year old me and my 2 younger sisters and baby brother would wake up early and work together to make breakfast before the newest episode aired that always included pancakes :P. Right after cooking breakfast we would run to the TV and turn it and the VCR on and pop in a video cassette to record the new episode so we could watch it again later as we did so repeatedly. We memorized the theme song for SatAM very quickly and the four of us would always sing along whenever we heard it. Good times :)

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 12: Most Nostalgic Sonic Memory

You know, there's something about Sonic Unleashed that's super nostalgic to me. Maybe my love for the game comes from that, I dunno. But this was the Sonic game that really got me into the series. When I first got my Xbox 360 as a gift back in 2010, I asked for Unleashed as my first title. Prior to this I had no experience with any of the HD consoles since I only had a Gamecube and Wii up to that point. When I turned on the game and saw this...

my mind was blown to pieces. The CGI was amazing. Look at Sonic move around those robots! Look at Eggman being badass! That Super Sonic transformation! The explosions! I was so impressed. Then the game started with Act 1 of Windmill Isle. It looked soooo good. The lighting, the textures, the grass! Moving forward, collecting rings, and eventually the boost. Oh, the boost! Pressing it was like going into light speed! Sooooo fast! So cool! Sonic had this weight to him and he felt so strong and the controls were so tight. It was an amazing feeling. I feel what I felt was what people who played Sonic 1 as their first Sonic game back in 1991 did. They boast about the speed and graphics and that's what impressed me with Unleashed. It was great. I still go back and replay Unleashed for that thrilling adventure feel. And speedrunning the day levels are always a blast and still give me that same feeling I had when I first played the game. 

I just really love Unleashed and it holds a great place in my heart. If it wasn't for that game I probably wouldn't be as big a Sonic fan as I am now. I have so many great memories of playing Unleashed for the first time. It's amazing. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 10: Favorite Sonic TV Episode

Alright, I'm drawing a blank here on previous shows, so I guess I'll use a Boom episode

01920a590e3d7ef500b86091fa08c1a1.jpg

Can an Evil Genius Crash on your Couch for a few Weeks?

As one of the premiring episodes for the show, I actually quite liked this episode and it's set up. Eggman shows up in the middle of the night out of the blue, and begs Sonic to let him stay for the night. Sonic allows him to stay, and hyjinx ensue! Not all that creative, and with the rest of the series in tow now it seems like the buddy-buddy gimmick was planned to be overused from the very start; But still, it's a great introductory episode to the rest of the cast and one of Eggman's evil schemes. It's also one of the few episodes that doesn't contain a single failing joke, so there's that, too.

Day 11: Most cherished T-Shirt

Sonic-Hedgehog-T-shirts-Face-Tee-1.jpg

Yup, that's the Sonic merchindise I have. And I recieved it in one of the most indirect ways possible. I didn't even want it when asked about it.

Still, I treasure it very dearly. In fact I keep it in near mint condition.

At the bottom of my shirt drawer

Right next to all the itchy sweaters I recieve from my grandma

Day 12: Most Nostalgic Sonic Memory

Two things combined into one experience:

1:

This trailer on the Wii Channel. Why? It's what got me interested in Sonic in the very first place.

I'd seen Sonic before, but just in the stiff and realistic Olympic games. This Sonic though looked like something straight out of a Pixar movie. The character models were fantasticly energized and animated like a dream, the color pallet and environments were downright surreal, and good gravy, just seeing Sonic move in this trailer was enough to make me interested in what the actual game was like.

Which leads us up to 2:

Imagine a household that only played board games, point-and-click adventure games, and licensed games. Pretty boring, right? Well, I was from one of those households then. We were making progress back in 2010 when we had finally been into console gaming for about a year, but I was still missing the internet from the equasion. I had no idea how to look for certain games, much less how good they were. All I had at the time was the Wii Channel, it's video content, and a pretty narrow intrest window when it came to games we knew and wanted.

But sweet sassafrass did I know what I wanted out of games after seeing this trailer.

When this trailer released onto the Wii Channel I got so excited I went around the house telling everyone about it. "IT'S LIKE A RACING GAME... BUT LIKE MARIO... BUT WAY COOLER!!!1!" Is the best I can sum it up as. This game was unlike anything I had ever seen before, and I immidiately searched everywhere I could on the internet about this game. I eventually found out about the series, and the rest is history.

Days 10, 11, and 12: Completed!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 12: Most Nostalgic Memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSPXUFLxdOU

Hands down the scene just before the Final Hazard battle in Sonic Adventure 2, followed by the actual battle.

There's just something beautiful about this for me. Sonic and Shadow have been at each other's throats for the whole game and to see them now working together is... well, amazing. Then you have the perfectly timed Live and Learn riff accompanying their transformation.

...and then the full blown Live and Learn track afterward. The track fits the battle perfectly, and appropriately channels a sense of desperation. Never mind the characters talking to you about how close the ARK is to impacting the Earth. And just to rub it in, you can see the beginnings of re-entry as the time ticks down.

The Final Hazard boss feels genuinely tense and is pulled off without a physical timer, unlike White Jungle and Green Forest.

The dialogue adds to the weight of the battle somewhat, what with the foreshadowing of Shadow's fate with Sonic's questions of if Shadow's okay; it's clear that Shadow's exerting himself even moreso than Sonic, willing to give every ounce of energy he has to make sure the planet isn't destroyed. Sonic's a hero, so this is run of the mill for him, but Shadow's more interested in making sure he keeps a promise to a friend above all else, and that gives his motive some extra push in this situation.

RGTcHl.jpg

Even though I know Shadow's not really dead, his last words before his apparent demise still resonate with me. He willingly embraces oblivion because he accomplished what he set to do, and that was all he needed in life.

Then you have the last scene, mannnn! As sad yet somewhat hopeful music plays, the different rivals have heart to hearts with each other, and even Deem Bristow's malicious Eggman is shown to have a more sensitive side, having grown into who he was on the basis of idolizing his grandfather's own scientific genius. Sonic maintains his upbeat attitude to avoid dragging everyone down, but before ending the game, he gives a last parting respect to his fallen comrade, one of the few heroes he's known who sacrificed even more than him.

So yeah. SA2 is what revived my interest in Sonic, and these last few minutes of the game are a huge part why I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have three different answers for this one;

1. Playing Sonic 2 with my sister. Not getting it, I don't remember getting, but me and my sister used to play the 2P mode of Sonic 2 to death all the time before Sonic and Knuckles came into our household. It was pretty fun, I was always Tails, and it's probably why I'm more familiar with the 2P Emerald Hill Zone theme than the famous 1P one.

2. Starting to research the Sonic franchise in 2003.. What happened was that there was a single computer in my parents' bedroom with dial-up internet access, so I'd go to that corner and have maybe an hour or two online per day. In that time, I looked up sites like Sonic HQ for Archie character profiles, and the fanworks of some sprite comics or fanart/fancharacters from Crazy Chameleon (you might know her as Aleah Baker. Yeah, I was surprised too). Eventually, my research led me to found out that the games had continued beyond the Mega Drive ones, which leads on to...

3. The quest for Sonic Heroes. As I've said in the past, my character research ended up with me latching onto the group known as the Chaotix (although not the same characters as now), and when I saw that they were in a game that was pegged down as new, I was pretty excited (I didn't even question why Mighty wasn't there, strangely). But this didn't mean going to the shop and buying it straight off. No, back then I got like £1 a week through my aunt and uncle visiting each Saturday, and maybe 50p extra for other things from my parents. It felt like a long, drawn out process, especially when dd encouraged me to buy Mega Collection Plus during this save (honestly, it was probably a good call just so I could get familiar with the more famous parts of Sonic's past). But eventually, I had about £16 saved up when we went to ASDA (back when it still had a serviceable game section), and I spotted it on the shelf going for the discounted price of £14.95. I got permission to buy it, and I started playing it the same day.

I suppose you could say these are all nostalgic just because they're glimpses into how my life was back in the past and how things have progressed from there. Now I never really do games with my sister since I have my own consoles, I have internet access nearly 24/7 and at my fingertips, I've practically exhausted all my research pools that can be done with internet resources (which is why I'm increasingly relying on doing my own research projects for things fans haven't looked into), I get way more than £14.95 a week so I'd have a purchase like that done in seconds, and the game itself can go for like £2.99 in second hand shops. Most of all those, they're nostalgic because they're good memories of my time with the Sonic series.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 12: most nostalgic memory

It was the fall of 2007. It was yet another life draining day of seventh grade, and I wasn't feeling all that good since I had a feeling that I probably failed my math test. So I went to my room and attempted to cheer myself up by seeing what was new on the smash dojo. And lo and behold, I saw the video that would change my life forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgxEQuFp2c

Holy shit. Holy shit. After the infamous April Fools prank about Sonic and Tails being playable in melee and months of rumors, Sonic was officially joining the super smash bros series. And that there sealed the deal for me to try harder in my math class. And sure enough, I brought my grade up to a B, and my parents rewarded me by getting Brawl. And sonic has been my main in the smash series ever since.

• Thumbs Up 2

My most nostalgic Sonic memory?

Well, that's pretty hard since I was introduced to the series through Ultimate Flash Sonic and started playing the games with Rivals 2, Unleashed PS2 and a small bit of Chronicles. I also remember watching a bit of Sonic X so I guess I was doing what most early to late 2000 Sonic fans, I guess. 

But if I had to choose, it would be Unleashed PS2 because first, it was an early birthday present from my uncle and my sis convinced him to get it for me since she was aware I was getting into the series, so kuddos to her though convincing others seems to be her thing nowadays. :P

What made me get into the series immediately was this gem of an opening:

Just everything about that intro screamed Sonic in the most epic way possible. How could I not want more after seeing that amazing intro. Granted, after playing through Unleashed PS2 now, it has been pretty average for me now which sucks but that means the HD version must be much more awesomer to play! Still can't believe I haven't played Unleashed HD after all these years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wrote an essay about it, but this stupid PC didn't save it, so here's a short version.

DAY 12: MOST CHERISHED MEMORY

My fondest memory is waking up during weekdays before going to Elementary School, turning on the tv and watching Aosth. Or just "Sonic", that is. That was the Italian title. And this is the Italian Opening.

It's no Mozart, but it is still one of the sounds of my childhood, Alongside Sonic's voice. Nope, not Jaleel White. He was good but nothing spectacular to me. Family Matters, though... Still, I'm talking about Pietro Ubaldi, Sonic's Italian Voice Actor in Aosth, Satam and Underground, and the male voice in that opening. The guy is a wonderful man at his job, and it's clear as day by just watching the characters he voiced and how different they are: Sonic, Doraemon, Cyborg 8 and 16 (Dragon Ball), John Stewart (Justice League), Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean), Taz (Tazmania), Beast (X-Men '92) I could go for hours. And he was also the fat guy in Lost World.

mbLznYC.jpg

Day 11 - Mambo's Most Nostalgtastic Memory

Oh gawd, there's loads. I totally relate to playing Sonic 2 with my little sister. We'd do 2-player, and have a bit of a laugh... until one of us lost our temper and we ended up fighting! :D The Special Stage was the best to play.

I guess my favourite memories are when I discovered the games, same as Kiah. :) My first experience with Sonic would've been playing Sonic 1 at my friend's house. She was already a Sonic nut (she had loadsa posters and stuff!), she had a Mega Drive, and I didn't have one at the time since my mum didn't consider games as educational! I may have got stuck on Green Hill Zone Act Three due to it being fuckin massive and not having much time to play it (I mean, we were sharing! :P) but it made a heeeeuuuge impression on lil 7 year old me, and I quickly became obsessed! I'd play Sonic Chaos at another friend's, much to their annoyance as they didn't like Sonic all that much! :D But I'd play as Tails, and I just looooved how he would fly about. I was actually very disappointed when I'd play Sonic 2 and realise you couldn't make this Tails fly.

My other great nostalgy memory would be getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturday mornings to watch AoSTH with my sister. We both loved that cartoon! In fact, sometimes my mum would watch it with us too! And I think she liked it as well, she'd do impressions of Scratch and Grounder and stuff. :3

I guess another memory would actually be my mum and her attitude towards my Sonic obsession. I was bullied at school a lot, including for liking Sonic, but my mum would encourage me a lot. I loved to draw, so I'd do lame little pictures and comics, stories etc. When the Sonic obsession manifested these drawings would primarily be of him, heavily influenced by AoSTH and later STC. My school friends made fun of me for it, but if I was upset my mum would actually ask me for a picture or a story! :D It was because of this encouragement that I'd carry on drawing, writing lame fanfics and shit until I was about 14. Then I think, due to a mixture of my mum's divorce and so her attention being elsewhere much of the time, my not having any Sonic games beyond Flickies' Island, and my rather shitty high school experiences with other kids, I stopped doing all things Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 12

I think my most nostalgic memory is probably back when I was little, namely Sonic Heroes. I LOVED that game, in fact, it was one of my most played PS2 games. Because of that, it keeps a special place in my heart despite the flaws it had. I still remember sitting down on the floor next to the PS2 in front of the TV and playing the game for hours and hours, dying a hell of a lot because I sucked at games back then, all with that amazing soundtrack which stuck and will probably continue to stick with me. Around that age, I was also into Sonic X, and would stay up past my bedtime just to watch it on Jetix (R.I.P).

Fast forward to late 2011 when I saw the Sonic Generations demo on Xbox Live. I played it, loved it, and then bought it a couple of months later with birthday money. It's what got me back into Sonic in the first place, so I couldn't really not mention that.

s1-syz-summaryimg.png

As I wrote in a previous post, the end of Marble Zone Act 3 proved to be rather challenging for me in my first run at it as a child. Therefore, I remember reaching Spring Yard Zone on my sister's birthday more than any other particular moment with the Classics.

It was a good reward too. Sure, there is some annoyingly slow platforming involved with the moving blocks, but otherwise its one of the most Sonic-y levels in existence, as it the first in the iconic pinball theme. It also had some of my favourite badniks, not to mention a unique palette for a pinball level. Oh, and, not that it's all that pertinent to this question, but I just remembered that I used to think the blocks in the boss looked like squares of milk chocolate...

HmqBFrj.jpg

: P

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah. A trip down memory lane.

I suppose it's got to be the first time I got my hands on the Dreamcast version of Adventure. I got a DC for the christmas of 2000 I think (Or was it 2001?) and an assortment of games but to my disappointment, Adventure wasn't among them.

So I went to HMV during the January sales and found SA for the very reasonable sum of a tenner. I couldn't get home fast enough to play it because it had been the first time I got hands-on with a Modern Sonic title after what I like to call "The dark ages" i.e The time in the mid to lateish 90's when the Sonic series went into that sort of quasi-hibernation.

I had never heard Sonic and co talk in a Sonic game before and wanted to hear what they sounded like. That was one of the things I was most looking forward to - How these characters sound and how they act like based off of my interpretations of them during the Mega Drive/Master System era. And no, Jaleel White was not and still isn't "Sonic" to me. So it's not like I ever used the cartoons to base my image of Sonic Tails and Dr Eggman off of.

The first time Sonic talked. And Tails. And Knuckles *_* Wow. And there's the game in general which still has a big soft spot in my heart. Not my favorite title but I don't have much against it. Had a blast completing it. Made me desire SA2 very strongly which I eventually got by chance after a copy of Shuffle I got malfunctioned. 

• Thumbs Up 4

DAY 10: FAVORITE CARTOON EPISODE

Cowbot.jpg

Sonic Boom- Cowbot

Always loved seeing Sonic and Eggman as the awkward villain/hero bro dynamic, and this episode was chock full of it. The best awkward kinda relationship.

I mean, come on, who could forget this?

tumblr_nj1x31UoGJ1s9pusko2_540.gif

also this moment, especially the end.

http://youtu.be/RdgZkMmbIJo

just the perfect blend of humor anda great protrayal of the characters.

DAY 11: MOST CHERISHED SONIC THINGY

Sonic_colors_gif_by_link_leob-d345s3h.gi

Considering that I'm broke and can't collect anything, I'll have to go with my copy of Sonic Colors.

It's my favorite Sonic game, and I still have my copy of it. I've played through it about three or four times and I still love to pick it up and play it every now and again. It also brings back memories of one of my favorite Christmas seasons in recent history.

DAY 12: MOST NOSTALGIC MEMORY

Hands down, Sonic R. Sonic R was my gateway into the Sonic franchise, and also my gateway into the realm of 3D gaming. Before that game, I've only seen 8-bit graphics, so seeing actual 3D models was just so mind-blowing. Even more mindblowing to me was the music. That was the first time I've heard CD-quality music in a video game, and I was hooked. The infectiously catchy soundtrack just captivated me. ESPECIALLY this sonic right here:

http://youtu.be/xAeBXh25NiQ

Holy hell, do I looooove this soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm, its tricky for me to think of a single moment to pick as most notstalgic. Playing Sonic Mega Collection the first time in 2003 caused a surge of memories to come flooding back to me, of my time playing mostly Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Spinball and 3D.

I remember the Christmas when we got a Mega Drive and Sonic 2. My brother and I had played the game before at a friend's house, but never seen beyond the Chemical Plant boss. That morning I beat it, and saw Aquatic Ruins...and then instantly had to turn it off as we were headed out. Then the next morning, coming downstairs to see my brother already at Casino Night. Wow, you must be really far in the game now!

On the rare occassions I would borrow a copy of Sonic 3 from another friend, I can remember frantically looking through my various copies of StC, desperately trying to find the issue with the Letters Page that had the solution to the Carnival Night Barrel. Using another issue for the Sonic 2 Super Sonic cheat, or the Level Selects.

Even as a teenager, being blown away the first time I saw the opening to Sonic Adventure, that stirred some feelings, in a "look how far we've come" kinda way too.

Yeah, any of them.

Question #11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia?

Hmm... for me the closest thing to a really cherished article would be my copy of Sonic Adventure 2. It was the first major game me and my sister got (that I can still remember), and was also the first game to be bought alongside our brand new Gamecube. While it may not have been my first 3D game or first Sonic game, it was sort of at this point that I started really becoming a diehard Sonic fan, and from that point on, what few games I was able to get were Sonic games.

Question #12: What is your most nostalgic memory with the franchise?

SA2 in general. Probably because it was both the biggest Sonic game I'd every played at that point in my life, and it was the newest game I owned in a very small collection of few. I didn't have a memory card for my Gamecube when I first got the game, so it became a cycle of coming home from school, powering on SA2 as soon as possible and playing through one of the story campaigns for the rest of the day until bedtime. Everyday I managed to get a little farther until I could finish one just before my curfew. Once I did get a memory card I started getting sucked into the Chao Garden and sank a lot of time into that, trying to learn as much as I could about raising chao, including discovering the secrets of Chaos Chao. I have fond memories of pretty much every part of this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be the day I recieved the first Sonic game on the Master System, in December 1991. I got the console a few days earlier and my sister asked me if I wanted another game. There was a flyer and I spotted the blue hedgehog, so we went to the shop and bought it. I immediately loved the game, loved the character, loved everything. A few weeks later, my parents bought me a MegaDrive with Quackshot and the first Sonic... I was AMAZED by the graphics, they looked so pretty !

Another one would be when I first learnt about the sequel in a magazine and I saw Tails. I remember being so curious about him, I drew lots of pictures based on the tiny screenshots at the time.

And drawing looooooooooooots of Knuckles pictures once I saw him in magazines. That's when I started to draw my own comics, with the trio.

I missed a day D;

Day 11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia?

I don't have much, but I will say what that I DO have that was I able to still keep to this day would count. I wouldn't have any piece of Sonic merch until a few years ago, but my Classic Sonic plush I've received from a friend overseas in Europe would count. Along with that my brother got a Shadow plush, so I would say both of those would it. Oh, and a shirt that went along with the plushes that I still wear to this day. 

I would also say the memorabilia I've received at Sonic Boom 2014 definitely counts too. Signed wall posters from Frost, Iizuka, and the rest of the special attendees and a special tote bag with other little goodies in it. Considering that was one of the highlights of my crappy 2014, everything and everything I've did and got on that day is special to me.

Aw man this is just giving me more reasons to fawn over Sonic Heroes! 

Nah though, I've gave a lot of reasons why I still enjoy this game to this day in previous questions...so I'm gonna talk about that AND another experience I had: growing up watching the Sonic X anime. As a child I was so eager to wake up on Saturday mornings for the next episode. This, Heroes and Sonic Advance were all I had to take in with Sonic the Hedgehog since we didn't have internet as of yet. It gives me a warm feeling and a smile on my face to be excited for Sonic X then, not so much now of course but still hahaha. 

DAY TWELVE: NOSTALGIA AHOY

A memory that's always stuck with me was the days of my older brother playing these Sonic games, about as much as I do today. See, since I was just a baby around that time, games like Sonic 2 and 3 were the ones that were the most prominent. He'd plug in his Nomad into the TV, alongside with his Genesis, and he and either my cousin or his childhood friend would play against each other in the multiplayer races. And I would sit down and watch everything just fly past me. I didn't really know what a Sonic was, let alone anything at that point, so I just kinda watched the TV while hearing some commotion going on between the two/three. But I enjoyed it, a lot.  

Another good memory of mine is when said brother brought home Sonic Heroes for me and my younger sisters to play. And when I hooked it up to the Playstation 2, man, we just couldn't stop playing it. We loved this game when we were at least 8 years old and we'd all go ahead and pick separate teams (we didn't know they were different modes and not just the same game with different characters at the time, so sometimes one of my sisters who liked Team Dark had a lot of trouble passing through some zones, so she had to ask for my help, while the other, who like Team Rose, probably had the easiest time out of all of us.) We enjoyed everything about the game at the time and sometimes even currently we reminisce about playing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 12: My most nostalgic moment:

Honestly, I think it was the first time I played Sky Sanctuary in Generations. The beautiful remixed music, the luscious visual flares like the birds and grapevines, the sense of scale as a short, two-minute level was expanded into a massive floating city, and best of all...

sky-sanctuary-classic-sonic.jpg

That glorious Death Egg! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #12 - Favorite Nostalgic Moment?

I'd probably have used the same one I mentioned in the last question, but hey, I have a better one in mind!

Sonic VS Shadow, SA2

Damn, where to begin? This when I first saw this cutscene, I was pretty ok with Sonic Adventure 2, I never thought too much of the story or how all the pieces of the plot connected, but after watching this scene, I was fucking pumped. Not only the music had a pretty somber and epic feel to it, this is it, you have only a few minutes to stop a mad man of destroying the planet, and you last obstacle is the guy who's been shown to get the better of you again and again through the plot, the closest being you two ending in a tie. But now there cannot be a tie, you MUST win this fight or it's all over. The dialogue just makes it all more epic, with Shadow and Sonic just discussing how Sonic did something impossible just from his will to save the world, Shadow even complimenting him on it, but saying it won't change the end result.

And the battle being a running fight just makes this even more satisfying, as both of Sonic's and Shadow's styles are based on their speed, and Shadow having all of Sonic's moves, making both having equal chances of winning. And the music, dear god, For True Story is somber but blood pumping at the same time, it has this empty beat that makes you feel how dire the situation is for everyone, and this is the only chance of fixing everything, with the lyrics sounding like Shadow's point of view of LIFE ITSELF, as it describes how he can't appreciate anything in life, not even smaller things because he's too focused on his rage, how he's locked himself from everything and everyone with his rage and despair, but even then, you can't let him have his way, you need to put a stop to his madness once and for all.

Damn, replaying the boss always gives me chills, especially considering SA2 was my introduction to Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 12: Most nostalgic *as nostalgic as 8 years ago can be* moment in this series?

Hm, I don't know if I could call any of my experiences with Sonic nostalgic. I mean, I became a fan of the series in 2007 so I don't think it was THAT long ago to form something like that. If I had to point to one specific moment it would probably be playing 360 Unleashed for the first time. I had first purchased the Wii version of the game when it came out. I thought that was pretty decent. Had the fast gameplay I was expecting and a lot of the content to boot but it just didn't satisfy what I had expected from Unleashed. I knew the Wii's limits so I guess the only thing I could do was make the jump to another console... yes, the reason why I got the 360 was solely to play Unleashed at first XD. I have my reasons!...

Anyway, I guess you could say that was my most nostalgic moment. Experiencing Rooftop Run and Cool Edge in HD (not to mention Empire City and Mazuri for the first time), just yes! This was my first time playing an HD console. Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since. Going back to my 360 to start a new game of Unleashed always brings back that excitement. I guess that and marathoning through some of the tv series could be considered nostalgic for me. Tis are good feeling. XD

Question 12:

City escape in SA2. My first ever sonic level. Its an amazing level. The music is great the level is great and playing it in multiplayer is tons of fun. The level has the truck section part which was scary as fuck at the time lol but was still pretty epic and fun.

Having that stag return in generations was the best thing in game. Its still my favorite level in the game and both modern and classic is a blast and well designed imo. And the truck chase there was even crazier my god the last part of it was nuts lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Playing Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time on my 7th Birthday party at Wacky Warehouse. They had a Dreamcast unit set up and I was playing it with people from school (it's the only birthday party I had with them) and I ended up playing against some random guy not in our group, he ended up joining our school the next year and we become great friends.

But then the year after the school split my year into two groups :/

• Thumbs Up 2

My most nostalgic memory is probably using SA2's Chao Garden. Literally like a Sonic version of Pokemon, I'd spend hours in the game taking them to the kindergarten, unlocking the hero and dark gardens, trying to master the racing and karate. If it wasn't for the Chao Garden I wouldn't have put nearly as much time into the game as I would have otherwise. I remember the constant cycle of dropping into a speed stage, collecting tons of Chaos Drives of one colour and modifying the Chao to my liking (but I'd never use animals - I actually thought they made the Chao look kinda weird and imperfect). 

It all kinda accumulated when I had gotten the ultimate versions of Hero, Neutral and Evil Chao in all my respective gardens, in which the whole thing kinda shut down for me following it. They all destroyed every challenge thrown at them now so I felt my mission(?) was finished. They're still on a memory card somewhere though, and it was a lot of fun when I was younger to breed and perfect them for so long that they could be the best they could be.

• Thumbs Up 3