Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Question 10:

I will probably say my favorite episode is probably the meteor episode from sonic boom. Sonic and eggman switching bodies was hilarious and both mike and roger (especially roger) did a fantastic job using their own characters voice and having the personality as the other.

I haven't watched sonic X in a long while and my memory on it is pretty low but i t had its moment's. I'd say the best ones I really enjoy were the super sonic sonic episodes, the animation in those episodes are very nice compared to other episodes and the super sonic fights are always fun to watch.

Question 11:

Um I never had any sonic mercy or toys. If anything the sonic amiibo would be my first one and I'm sure I'm gonna keep that as long as I can.

For games its gotta be sonic adventure 2 the game that brought me into the sonic franchise. And introducing all the cool characters. Nonstop playing the game with me and my bro, replaying the game whenever we complete it, going at it in multiplayer mode because its super fun. Me and my bro were careless so the game would break so much and we would ask him to buy it again. I think we broke it at least 4 times lol. And from there I was always interested in sonic and was curious to see what other games he had.

Day 11: Wanna hear a story about Sonic, Klonoa, and a broken nose?

Hru2mSW.jpg

So uhhh how can you breathe again

Sooo uhhh yeah. I don't have a lot of Sonic merchandise, and I only really remember getting two specific Sonic Figures (Maybe from Jazzwares? I dunno, they were made in celebration of Sonic's 20th Anniversary). It's an interesting story. I got both a Modern and a Classic figure, they both had their own badnik figures to come with it. I don't remember what happened to the spinner one and the motobug is still around from what I can remember. So, what happened to the Modern figure? It's gone. All of it. Because of it's crap quality, the arms and legs for the blue guy seemed to just slowly deteriate as I was using it (Or say, trying to make a badass pose with it or something). The Modern Sonic figure is more flexible, but it's flexibility came with it just breaking apart so easily. Within a day one drop on the floor ended up solidifying it's gateway to doom. The Classic Sonic figure on the other hand is something I still have, along with a lot of my other "toys" that I sort of accumulated a few years back.

Classic Sonic is sort of still in one piece? His nose broke off and this is pretty much what's left of the guy. Yeah. To be honest, I wouldn't hold these as something I truly cherished, but it's certainly something I have memories of. Watching them break...so....easily..... >_<

Day 11: Most Cherished Piece of Sonic Merchandise

Ohhh... that is a tough one. I specialize in collecting event merchandise. I love all the Sonic the Comic Con and Sonic Boom stuff I have and at times have wanted to try and get some Summer of Sonic stuff as well.

If handmade items are valid, however...

10290646_395812667227444_790209383173649

It goes to this Shadow blanket that covers most of my King-sized bed, handmade by my grandmother. She made it back when I was really into Shadow, and while Shadow's not as big on my radar as he used to be, I still cherish it. It's a one of a kind item made by someone I love to show something I love. It doesn't get any more special to me than that.

Day 11: Dammit Crusher, can we Get Back to Questions About the Games, I Don't Have Good Answers for These Kinds of Things A.K.A. My most Cherished Piece of Sonic Memorabilia.

As the excessively long title of this response implies I really don't have much in the way of Sonic memorabilia. I guess the best answer I have for this is that Knuckles costume my mother made me for Halloween ten or so years ago (back when he was still cool). The costume is long gone of course, but I'm sure my parents have photos floating around somewhere (and no, I will not be posting them even if I do happen to stumble across them).

Question #11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia?

I do not have any true Sonic merchandise even though I would like some. I have Sonic 3 for Genesis that is something I cherish. I treat that thing like my prized treasure. I always wanted Sonic 3 and when I finally got it I made sure to protect it well than.

DAY ELEVEN: MOST CHERISHED MERCHANDISE 

...Errr...

Man, this is actually kind of a tough question to answer, since I don't really own that much Sonic merchandise....or Sonic anything outside of the games themselves. 

But I do happen to own this really cool black Sonic shirt with some pictures of Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles.  It's...not exactly of size anymore, but I still like to look at it a lot! 

...Now if only I could find the darned thing...

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 10: What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?
...I have been thinking and thinking and I honestly don't know. e_e If anything, Sonic Boom is my favorite of the TV series...Eggheads was pretty funny...I don't know for sure. ;-;

Day 11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia or game?
Hmm...I don't really have a most cherished game, but I do love Adventure's atmosphere, if only because nostalgia. :P
As for merch, I guess my Excalibur Sonic and Lancelot figures.

I feel that's pretty easy to answer. First there's this guy:

41jOhsEYyML._SY355_.jpg

My little Werehog plushie. First is the fact that he was a surprise from a friend. I had no idea the con he was obtained from had any real Sonic memorabilia I'd be interested in so I left without buying anything. I get a call to drive on over and presented to me was him! Also is the fact that he's a Werehog, making him relatively rare in the sea of normal Sonic and Shadow stuff I have and also more personally valuable because Werehogs be cute. As a result, he tends to be my little convention buddy when I want to have something Sonic-y on. Even premiered with me in my first costume parade. ^^

Second is this the Gamemaster Sonic 20th anniversary magazine:

416178420_370.jpg

I remember seeing the topic on this here as nd being enamoured with the idea of owning some sort of limited item in the sea of limited items that had bern floating around at the time, especially since I remember being disappointed at the amazing limited edition of Gens being relatively EU exclusive and thus all the more expensive to ship over here. I was diligent enough to at least order two copies: one to tear into and enjoy all of the buttons, stickers, articles and things, and another to simply collect dust. I doubt it's appreciating in value all that much, but it's nice to at least have some sort of taste of that kind of thing. xP

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 11 - Mambo's Most-loved Merch

Easy peasy... and I'm pretty sure there was a question like this last year? Or was that the 30 Days of Gaming? Hmm...

It would be my old Tails plushy from back in the 90s... it looked like this lil guy here:

Tailsplush.jpg

This isn't mine, but yeah... it's exactly the same plush.

It's just adorable. :3 And squisheee. :3 And currently stuffed in my parents' attic... :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 11: Most Cherished Sonic Merch 

Hmm, well last year I mentioned that Sonic Mini Figures pack I got from the States. And this year I have another Sonic thing from the States. It's pretty much the only other Sonic thing I have in terms of merch (unless the comics and magazines count). But I'm actually really happy with this. 

It's none other than a Sonic Boom mini figure! (crystal included) 

fGy1Lto.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Question #11 - Favorite Piece of Merchandise I own.

OOOOK SO... I KIIINDA don't own any merchandising... BUT. considering games count...

My Copy of Sonic Generations -  Now, hear me out on this one. It's 2012, I just got myself a brand new PS3, and other than titles I downloaded and demos, I have nothing to play on it. So, after one stroke of luck, I found this game for cheap. The best Sonic game available on the PS3, for a really cheap price, and while I was having an itch to play a new game on my brand new console, it was just perfect. I was honestly feeling anxious because I had a test that very week the game arrived. And honestly? The moment it arrived, I played the whole thing. I literally marathoned through the entire game, from begining to end. And I fucking loved every damn second of it. It was a really good feeling, this game was one of the main reasons I bought a PS3, now to have it there, to lighten up my mood before a really stressful test and to play it on one sitting while having some friends around to chat with? It was a match made in heavens.

And that wasn't the last time I marathoned the game, oh no, there was one holiday that extended to the weekend on that year still that I went back to get all achievements and finish all missions, just so I wouldn't leave any loose ends before the Finals Week and boy it was a blast.

So yeah that's all I got, but hey, it was still fun to remember those days :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Question 9: What is your favourite portrayal of your top favourite character?

I have a top 3 for this one:

1) Shadow, SA2 and Archie Comics

Now, I had to include SA2 in here because, quite frankly, this was where Shadow was at his best before he was bland in Heroes and butchered in his own game. While the story has aged poorly over time, Shadow's antagonism towards Sonic was one of the more gripping parts of the game. Sonic's been known as a hero up until this red and black jackass ruined his reputation, and now they're both fighting each other in their quest to right wrongs done to them: Sonic's reputation ruined and having the military after his ass thanks to Shadow, Shadow's sister figure killed before his eyes thanks to the military that's after Sonic as well.

After that, his portrayal in the games ranges from okay at best to shitty at worst.

Then there's his portrayal in the Archie comics. This is everything I wanted out of Shadow, still serious, powerful, and arrogant, while having both of these traits poked fun at during the most awkward and convincing moments. I can take this character seriously without cringing, and laughing at the character trying to be serious without him being ridiculed as a butt monkey for other audiences to enjoy seeing humilated out of spite.

2) Knuckles, Archie Comics (Post-Penders and Post-Genesis Wave)

Knuckles has had very little utility and relevance in the games - barring the storybooks games and ShTH (alien invasion, remember?), ever since Heroes whenever Knuckles is present he's just there for the sake of being there. There is a lot more to this character that Sonic Team have created, and its sad they don't realize it.

That's why I enjoy his Archie portrayal. Knuckles always has utility and relevance whenever he's present. Why is he with the Chaotix helping the Freedom Fighters and not at his island guarding the Master Emerald? Because Eggman took over his island with an army, and as strong as he is, Knuckles can't liberate it by himself. What about when the world shattered apart? Because Tikal requested him to find Chip to help undo the mess. Why the fuck did he shatter the Master Emerald for the 3rd time for Christ's sake? Because a goddamn Black Arms superalien that was made to defeat Shadow was about to walk away with it - do you really want that to happen?!?!

Questions to Knuckles being around have answers to them, and with it the freedom to do other things while building up support to help set things back to normal again or keep things intact. Like, this shit is not that goddamned hard to do, people. So it's amazing how Sonic Team can't seem to do better here.

On top of that, he is naive instead of stupid. Not that he doesn't do stupid things, but it's more because of a lack of knowledge than a lack of IQ. So Knuckles here gets into some pretty hilarious hijinks without coming off as a dimwit. And even in the midst of the reboot to the comics wiping away the other stuff to his history, I had full confidence that Knuckles wouldn't be as underused or given no relevance to why he's around compared to any other currently running media.

Nothing against Boom!Knuckles, but this is Sega!Knuckles done right. And it sometimes comes off as a shame that I can only get this in the comics, but there's always hope in the future.

3) Eggman AND Sonic, Archie Comics

Okay, so at this point, you're probably asking "Why the Archie comic portrayals for all three spots?" Well for one, it keeps itself relatively balanced compared to the games that like to swing in extremes. The comics know when to be funny, know when to chill, and know when it's okay to be serious (well, most of the time - barring Penders, even Ian has had his screw ups).

Now get ready, because this is gonna be a long one.

Sonic and Eggman hold a spot simultaneously here because neither one is less capable than the other. Granted, Eggman is far more powerful here, but that's actually a good thing as it gives Sonic a credible threat to struggle against instead of one he can stroll by with ease - there's a saying that your hero is only as good as your villain, and for all the credit Game!Eggman has, he is no where near as capable as Archie!Eggman. Archie!Eggman combines the bloodthirst and high competence of an evil villain with the clownishness of his game counterpart who makes you laugh, and at times you end up rooting for the guy if only to build himself up as enough of a threat for Sonic to topple.

Issue 175 is one of the crowning victories Eggman has had, perhaps equalled or succeeded by his version in Sonic Unleashed when he beats Super Sonic before the game even starts. In issue 175, Eggman strolls into Sonic's hometown, blows it up with ease with the Egg Fleet, have his forces vaporize in front of Sonic all of his friends and family except Tails, Amy, and Knuckles (actually he just teleports them to a life-draining machine, but that's still just as bad), and then fights Sonic 1-on-1 in his mech, delivering a brutal curbstomp battle to Sonic who could only dent his shield in return. This was a mech specifically designed to counter Sonic, and Sonic running at his fast, delivering the strongest attack he could manage without his superform, could only dent his shield. And you see this image? That was Sonic at his most enraged state. And then Eggman deconstructs Sonic for failing to stop him all those years, mocking the Blue Blur about how he's going to drain the life out of his friends while Sonic is powerless to do anything.

The epicness in that one-sided fight is heightened by the unspeakable happening: Eggman won, Sonic lost. And the way he did is so deliciously evil and sinister that it ranks up there with him blowing up half the moon in SA2, maybe even more when he actually goes all out. And you can just feel the tension resonating from Sonic in these images, this one simple picture in particular is flooded of it.

But then, what about Sonic? True to form, this motherfucker bounces back from that defeat like it was just another day. He saves his friends, and tricks Eggman into firing his beam that was rerouted to teleport his friends to a new home. And this part get rich - you know how we complain about Sonic's friends being cheerleaders in the games? Well, this is where the opposite happens: when Eggman comes back to correct this misfortunes, Sonic's friends are their to help defeat the tyrant. And Sonic comments on something many of us we wish we could have in games: Sonic is very capable of going toe-to-toe with Eggman, but he notes the on the occasion he can't manage to do so by himself, that's what his friends are for, to back him up and help out when he can't do it alone. And then 25 issues later, Sonic throws all that shit Eggman deconstructed in him right back at the good doctor with his own deconstruction.

This is just a snippet of the comic series though. But it is the epitome of how neither the hero nor the villain have a constant one-up over each other: Sonic may treat Eggman's schemes like a thrill ride, but he does so while realizing that Eggman is a threat to stop, not an annoyance. And while Eggman is prone to childish fits and silliness, his plans have teeth and terror in them - and even when he goes insane for a while, he reasons himself back to sanity and becomes and even greater threat, while still being hammy and silly as a child.

This is the Sonic and Eggman I want in the games. We don't need to bring in the Freedom Fighters and such from the comics, but I want this tension from the comics in the games. And even with the reboot, things haven't lessened for either character to be weaker than the other. It may not be as intense as the above issues, but Sonic and Eggman are still a capable hero and villain that see each other as threats as much as they do rivals and sources of entertainment.

That's a toughie. For one, I have yet to see a single Boom episode (well I actually saw one while at A-Kon in Dallas for what it's worth).

I don't really have much of a favorite, but the closest would have to be the 4-part episode of AoStH where Sonic and Tails go through time to stop Eggman from getting the four Chaos Emeralds of power that would turn him into the Supreme High Robotnik. When I was a little kid, that had epic written all over it.

That's about as much as I can say really.

Now for Day 11, I'll come back later for that one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 11

I don't own much Sonic merchandise at all (not counting games), only a few figures, a T-shirt that would probably be too tight on me now, a poster and a Sonic Colours mug. However, I think if there is any favourite of mine, it would have to be the Sonic Amiibo. I'm not a huge fan of NFC toy games, but I like the idea of Amiibo. Being able to use certain figures across multiple titles seems pretty cool to me, and while I don't consider them a massive personal priority (I would rather use the money on actual games usually), the moment they announced that there would be a Sonic Amiibo, I knew I had to have it. And I think it's probably one of my favourite Amiibos out of all that have been produced so far. It's simple, but it's well sculpted and it does Sonic justice, you can't really complain aside from the slightly thick arms (though it's completely understandable for structural reasons). Another cool thing is that you can use him in games besides Smash like Mario Kart 8 to unlock a Sonic costume as well as rumoured Hyrule Warriors compatibility.

I also have the Sonic Boom Sonic and Amy figure pack, which I like but doesn't get top spot as the paint quality on both figures were slightly off.

My most cherished piece of Sonic merch would probably be this guy:

2093wgj.jpg

Joyride Shadow Figure

Got this guy for either my 12th or 13th birthday and have had him even since. I first discovered his existence while flipping through an old issue of Nintendo Power. There was an ad with an entire spread of figures, including Samus, Luigi, and others. Now, the Sonic Joyride figure I had seen in a previous, very similar ad in another issue was nothing noteworthy to me back then because it was just another Sonic. However, this was the ONLY Shadow figure I had ever seen, so needless to say, I had to have him. He's a very nicely detailed figure and probably the first piece of merch I've ever picked up that was mainly geared towards collectors rather than children. I played with him all the time (With my Toy Island Sonic Adventure bendies as the other characters), so he's seen his fair share of action, but I was still somehow able to keep him in nice shape. (Compared to a lot of my Toy Island stuff that's seen better days like the larger Eggman's mustache being torn off and the bendy Eggy suffering from a splitting armpit.) I was also able to hold on to both the base and tip card, so I'm always shocked that preteen me knew something special when he saw it and didn't just wreck it like most of his other toys. Eventually I got the Sonic as well and a much larger figure collection took off from there. (Though, most of its additions didn't start pouring in until 2009.) So thank you, Joyride Shadow, for starting a long-lasting addiction to plastic hedgehog replicas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 9: What is your favourite portrayal of your top favourite character?

q2F1IpB.png

I feel that each one of these interpretations is pretty much perfect. They all pack in the wit, impatience, sass, empathy and rebellious attitude that are, as far as I'm concerned, quintessential traits for the hedgehog. There's little waiting around (except when striking a cool pose or throwing out a quip) and irritability stressed when slowed down simply by other people or by challenging adversaries like Metal Sonic and Shadow. Both the OVA and SA2 put Sonic in a position of underdog for a change, forcing him to grow in a way that we don't normally see. CD and Brawl, on the other hand, conveys his character through expressive animation alone for the most part. The reason I cite Brawl over Smash Wii U is because I feel that Sonic's a little toned down, spending too long with a generic smile on his face. Just look at that face above. I know which I prefer.

tumblr_ltbp2gNLoS1r4glwho1_r1_250.gif

I don't really have a favourite outside of the OVA anymore, but when I way younger I loved AoStH's "Quest for the Chaos Emeralds". It was exciting to see something more along the lines of an action/adventure, a formidable Robotnik and some relatively substantial continuity. It also had pirates, knights, mummies and dinosaurs... stuff us kids ate up.

tumblr_nk8tnqUXXE1s5wiico1_500.gif

If I were to pick an episode of Boom though, it would probably be The Meteor. Seeing Eggman express himself through Sonic's body was just great and there simply wasn't enough of it.

Day 11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia?

My F4F Classic Sonic and Knuckles are probably the most cherished modern pieces of memorabilia I have, but I have to give mention to..

0mO7GfH.jpg

These dudes. I remember talking about this before, heh... That stuffed Sonic is one of my oldest surviving toys (surviving in a box, anyway), along with a pair of shorts made from some old boxers courtesy of my dad. Ever generous, my dad also stitched together Knuckles (which kind of looks like the model of Sonic R to me...). With STC teasing a Knuckles plush restricted to Japan, what else could be done? Obviously you don't accept it. You beg someone to painstakingly make you one. In case you're wondering - my sister had Tails.

Oh, and don't mind Pooh in the centre. He's happy on the inside.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a couple of plushies, as well as one or two other random things. Sadly, my Fleetway Sonic the Comic collection is long gone. I am very proud to have these though:

IMG_20150611_1757530111.jpg

That is my copy of Sonic Mega Collection, signed by Yuji Naka and Takashi Iizuka, along with the Crush 40 album signed by the band. These are not my only signed games/CDs, and I’m not even much of an autograph hunter, but having these reminds me of great experiences at Summer of Sonic. Plus, the fact I got to actually meet these people who have had such an impact on my personal culture still boggles my mind, and I shall treasure them forever.

Day 11: What is your single most cherished bit of Sonic memorabilia or game?

My StC collection, while not complete, is very important to me because these comics told some fantastic stories and the art inspired me - and still inspires me nowadays. It's a joy to read them here and there, even if I know most stories almost by heart.

Edited by Kiah
Post-edit made to get that 30-Day badge!
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 11: My most cherished Sonic merchandise:

When I was in high school, I got double-pneumonia and was stuck in a hospital bed for a week. It drove me crazy, not being able to move at all. When I came out, two things happened that made me an even bigger Sonic fan:

1) I had become so restless that I developed a permanent habit of pacing. Since then, I've been frequently going on runs, finally able to understand why Sonic loves living life in the fast lane!

2) My mother gave me a 10-inch Metal Sonic figure as a welcome-home present! Beautiful sculpt, shiny, sleek paint, and tons of articulation! This figure (and the Eggman vs Wily Death Battle) made me realize how cool Metal Sonic really is, so I became a shameless Metallix fanboy! (Hence my name)

• Thumbs Up 2

10. Favourite cartoon episode

zz5qzL.png

Fuck y'all I love Sonic X and Episode 52 was as perfect an ending as you could get.  Every main character got a satisfying final scene, the whole thing had this great chilled out summer feel to it, the song choices (for the TV broadcast version) were perfect, Natsu No Hi in particular being a song with overwhelming feelings of nostalgia when I listen to it now and it makes me think of my early days on the internet staying up to the wee hours chatting to my fellow Sonic nerds thanks to the song being used on a night -> sunrise scene itself and Sonic X being what got me into online communities and... argh I just love it so much.  Almost to the point that I'd happily have Season 2 stricken from the record entirely just because this episode was SUCH a perfect ending, and the eventual real final episode, 78, was a little slapdash in its conclusions for all the characters.

I also really love Episode 1 though, I can't quite describe how nostalgic that episode makes me feel as well.  Sonic X had its ups and downs but that first episode felt like a really amazing, magical adventure laid ahead of my favourite characters thanks to the night setting, gorgeous music, and wonderful little moments along the way like Sonic on the lamp post and the pool scene etc.

Of course, like all my Sonic X opinions, I refer strictly to the JP version and my views don't reflect the english dub's treatment of these episodes in any way.

11. Most cherised Sonic merch

Not really merch, but in terms of value it would be this:

soniccomicthing.png

I own the original pencils for the Tracy Yardley!/Archie Sonic vs Nigel Dobbyn/Fleetway Sonic poster made for Summer of Sonic that one year.  I won it in the raffle and it's a super super cool thing to own even though I'm not the biggest Archie reader, nor was I able to see STC to the end due to lame newsagents not stocking it (I loved it while I had access to it though).

uq4TTQ.jpgT91EZY.jpg

But in terms of sentimental value, I guess it would be my original Sonic the Hedgehog plushie I've had since I was like 7 or so.  I've never seen a classic Sonic plushie that quite has the same satisfying shape to him in terms of quills etc, he had a nice fluffy/plushness to him that most modern Sonic plushies don't have (opting for perfectly smooth... cotton? nylon? outer material) and just... yeah, I used to love my soft toys when I was little (still treat them with the respect they deserve as an adult, while I've grown out of having them around me or in my bed etc, I most certainly haven't grown out of caring about them in a general sense or projecting emotions onto them, darn you Toy Story corrupting my innocent mind for life).  He doesn't photo well but yeah he's just a really nice plush.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 11: Most cherished merch/game

I don't own any merchandise and only physical thing about Sonic I own is copy of Sonic 06.

But what about game? My favourite is SA1 but most cherished? Generations, because it's thanks to that game that I became fan of Sonic

Question #10: What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?

You know, I don't remember which episode it was called or what number, but I absolutely loved the Sonic X episode where Super Sonic and Super Shadow were fighting Finalhazard. I thought that was so cool when I first saw it. Like, with everyone cheering the two Super Hedgehogs on, and then Shadow remembering what Maria said. And THEN:

"I am Shadow... Shadow the HEDGEHOG!"

It was even cooler in the Japanese version when LIVE AND LEARN STARTED PLAYING OMG. My hair's standing up just thinking about it.

Late Fees from Sonic Boom is a runner up. That was hilarious.

Uh... I honestly only have plushies and a GameStop ad for Sonic Boom. But I think I'll go with a Shadow plush I got for 25 cents at a garage sale several years ago. Ah, good times... Shadow had makeup all over him since a little girl owned him, hehe. I played with it with my sisters and brother a LOT. He was my main plush. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 11: Fav Sonic thingy.

hDeFAf3.jpg

I got these plushies nearly ten years ago, maybe. They have a lot of memories attached, actually. Knuckles' head got a little ripped by my dog, but he's alright. I sprayed Sonic's eyes with bug spray one time and found out that would make the paint come off, so I actually had my mom repaint them. Picture is a blurry webcam pic, so it's hard to see, but she did a good job. Mr. giant head Shadow I actually got from my teacher when she won it from a carnival, remembering how I adored the franchise. Since Sonic-Tails-Knuckles-Shadow is my favorite character order in the series, it was an amazing coincidence that it happened to be Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 11: Most Cherished Merchandise

Bit of a weird one for me. I wouldn't say any of mine is "cherished" as it's all from recent years so I sadly don't have childhood attachment to them but if I'm picking a favourite here then it's got to be:

78604.jpg?t=1380002562

Sonic The Nendoroid

This little guy has to be (from my own humble perspective of course) the best Sonic figurines to date. This is one of few Sonic figurines that have been made with the collector in mind and it really shines for it. The quality from sculpt to construction on this is amazing with a look that strikes an amazing balance between Classic and Modern Sonic.

Now, if the figurine came entirely as it looks above then it'd still be excellent but what lifts it to an entirely new level are the accessories. Alternate faces, hands, a ring, chaos emerald, checkpoint posts and an item capsule with swappable items. Even the base is worth mentioning. Its really flexible arm means you can get the figure in all manner of poses from casual to dynamic. All the extras that come included means we're talking about a diorama set rather than just a figurine.

I'm at a stage now where I'm wanting to rid myself of much of my physical merchandise. However, this guy is definitely staying with me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 11: Most Cherished Merchandise

Very difficult question... because I have a fair few Sonic items that have a lot of sentimental value and/or appeal. There's my poster that I had signed by Yuji Naka, Takashi Iizuka and Jun Senoue. Then there's my Sonic Nendoroid. And my History of Sonic the Hedgehog book signed by Kazuyuki Hoshino and my SEGA Prize Europe Sonic plush...

But I suppose it has to be my SanEi Sonic plush that I received as a present some years back from one of my closest friends that has the biggest spot in my heart.

S1010005-1.jpg

He's been to most of the SoS' that I've been to. He might not be the most on-model plush but he's quite loved regardless. He's what really got me into collecting and my collection exploded after I got him. He inspired me to collect to put it simply.

• Thumbs Up 3

Shoot, I don't know. I don't earn much merchandise beyond the games and sets of the tv shows... I guess my copy of Unleashed, since I love that game so much?