Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Day 9: Favorite interpretation of favorite character

StC Knuckles.

I don't know, StC Knuckles always seemed very interesting to me. He's a strong character (physically and character-wise), he's surrounded by mysteries, he's still the last of his kind except for Zachary (unlike Pender's era in Archie...) and he can show lots of courage. I loved his solo stories in StC, especially the quest for the new Master Emerald and the world tour. Also, he's always there to give a helping hand even in grave situations (like the Game Over saga and the Chaos arc). And his rivalry with Sonic always ends up with fun moments :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 9:  What's your absolute favorite portrayal of your top favorite character?

Alright let's go where's my Metal Sonic family at

Metal Sonic, from the moment I saw him in Heroes, immediately shot up my favorite Sonic character list. I wanted to see more of his skills, what makes the formable threat that Eggman desires him to be. 

That's when I saw this fine piece of animation with him in it:

Metalsonic666.jpg

Look at him, so smug of his abilities, with a mean roundhouse kick to boot.

Sonic OVA's portrayal of Sonic's robotic doppleganger is by far the best I've seen of Metal Sonic in any continuity I've read, watched and seen. He was literally designed to match Sonic's skills from head to toe, inch by inch. So much so that Robotnik went a step further by programming him with Sonic's personality and memories, which makes him even more of a threat to our heroes. With that much dedication to defeating the Blue Blur 'Hyper' Metal Sonic was a force to be reckoned with. The ensuring battle was equally as awesome; not gonna like and say I marked when the two pulled off a DBZ-like bashing heads clash across the icy battlefield, and marked out MORE when Metal hit that sweet kick to incapacitate Sonic for a while. 

While his battle prowess and portrayal is something I really appreciate on that front, I also appreciate the other reason why I find this Metal my favorite. Remember, he was designed to not only match Sonic in battle, but he has his rival's traits of self-heroics juuuuust right and make sense enough that I can understand. He sacrificed himself to save the President and Old Man Owl and refused his organic counterpart for assistance from his demise. He realizes that there is only one Sonic and basically does the deed, and it was really a poignant and heartwarming moment to watch.

I realize if the doctor didn't went that extra mile and Metal pretty much became his right hand means of destruction, but slowly comes to realize 'his own self worth (sorry wish I could have used a better word than that) just enough so his death scene played out that way I would have been fine with it too. It kinda reminds me of Gamma's story in Sonic Adventure in someways.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm quite partial to Tails in Tails Adventure.

Without Sonic around, Tails steps right up without hesitation. He uses his technical know-how to great success and saves the day.

I love the sprite-work in this game, which is expressive for a Game Gear title. You get the full range from determined to fearful, but he plows on.

Tails_Adventure.png

He stays bloody cute throughout as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 8: Which generally disliked games do you like regardless?

shuffle1.jpg

I mean, OBVIOUSLY you guys didn't post about this one because it's EVERYONE'S favorite Sonic game.  ;)

Nah, I love this game. Not even ironically. Not just nostalgically. Well, maybe a bit because of nostalgia. Regardless, it's a fun time. It's one of the only stand-alone Sonic party games, and the first one made, too. And of course, if you want to get mad at your friends/family/enemies/whoever, this is the perfect way to do it, whether it's a duel, stolen Preciousstone, or lost mini game that sets you off.

mqdefault.jpg

Amy don't you dare shuffle those cards.

And those mini games were pretty darn fun too. They get repetitive after you've played the game a hundred times, sure, but they're solid and fun.

150px-Shuffle_funfunsonic.png

You're lying to yourself if Fun Fun Sonic isn't your favorite mini game.

I really like the card dynamic rather than the standard board game/Mario party dice roll. It made it so much nicer to plan out board spaces. I also liked how they were used in battles too. I mean, if you entered a battle accidentally and only had 1 cards left, you're screwed. Basically, it just allowed for more strategy rather than leaving it all up to chance. 

SS11.png

Looks like Knuckles was sh*t out of luck.

To be completely honest, I loved Eggman's role in the game as well as the simple "day ruiner". Is the 16 ton anvil really necessary JUST for being furthest away from the Preciousstone? No. But that's what makes it fun of course!

shuffle-Eggman.jpg

That smarts.

As for the plot of the story mode, yes, it's kind of a rip off of NiGHTS with the whole dream world setting. It's simple, but it IS pretty endearing. And Void's character design is pretty badass. 

1939899947_1.gif

Just look at that menacing cape!

This game sure isn't without its flaws, but it definitely makes for a good time! I'd be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't be thrilled to see a sequel or a spiritual successor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...I forgot Sonic Shuffle existed for a moment until I read your post Sapphire. Like I literally had a blank there for a second hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 9: Favorite Interpretation of Your Favorite Character

Sonic and the Black Knight - Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm just going to get this out of the way and say that this game absolutely nailed Sonic's character. His major traits are there and played very well - his short-temper is showcased in his interaction with Caliburn towards the beginning and then you have his kindness in rescuing the kid's parents and Percival. And the former really gives you an insight at Sonic's character, showing his willingness and determination to help out, even at the risk of failing Nimue's tests.

Sonic's relationship with Caliburn only contributes to this. The interaction and banter between them is nothing short of clever and well done. The sword starts out calling our hedgehog hero a 'knave' and being scornful of his skills and stances on certain matters and Sonic himself is none to thrilled about Caliburn either, giving snarky retaliations towards the sword's mannerisms. Neither of them liked that they were stuck together and make things worse, they both had large egos for the other to bruise.

However, after they take on Lady Nimue's challenge, their relationship starts to reconcile. Sonic's growing skills as a knight and his rescue of the child's parents and Percival help to cement Caliburn's growing respect for him and in turn the hedgehog gives him credit when credit is due after the Lady's challenge is completed..

The hedgehog marches by the beat of his own drum, as evidenced by his willingness to help that child out even if it meant failing Nimue's challenge due to a lack of time. (Yes, this is the third time I've mentioned this scene, but it's an all-around good example so...shoot me.) He also questions Gawain and Percival about if there is being more to being a knight than serving a king and even claims that his own master is simply 'the wind that blows free'. In the fight between him and the Dark Queen, Sonic, despite grievous injuries being inflicted upon him, keeps on getting up, not because of chivalry, but because of his own beliefs and convictions - he was determined not to let Merlina have her way drive Camelot into a living hell just so it could be around forever. He just needed to do what was done.

Speaking of which, the whole 'we gotta live life to the fullest' bit was gold. At first, I would never have figured Sonic to say anything like that; however thinking about it, Sonic's the kind of guy who likes to live in the moment - his theme song in both Adventure games even explicitly states that he doesn't look back. So really, that whole element was perfectly in-character.

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 9: Favorite Interpretation of Your Favorite Character

I think we all know who my favourite character is, the jolly old Doctor himself!

As for my favourite portrayal it has to be Sonic Colours, he is absolutely full of himself in that game and his tannoy announcements have an amazing source of Black Comedy (which being British is one of my favourite forms of comedy :P )

It helps that Mike Pollock's voice acting is absolutely stellar (it's funny because space..) and his dialogue is probably the best in the entire game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 9; whats your favorite interpretation of your favorite character?

Gonna have to give this one to sonic's iteration in unleashed, I really feel as though unleashed was where they struck the perfect balance for him in terms of his funny little quips and serious moments. The runner up for this would actually have to be his black knight iteration for pretty much the same reasons as above.

• Thumbs Up 1

8. A game liked that most dislike

I guess Sonic Unleashed would be the biggest one in a general sense.  I adore this title, it's my fave 3D Sonic for sure.  More within the fanbase, I also enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog a lot.  I find the level design solid (in most cases, I doubt I need to say what the exceptions are) the gunplay works fine and the general game engine had so many improvements from where Heroes cocked up the elements introduced in SA2.  Finally, Sonic 2 8-bit is generally disliked but I think that's a slightly different case as I grew up with the EU-exclusive Master System version that didn't have all the horrific difficulty spikes that the Game Gear version had, which most people think of when they think of this game.

9. Favourite interpretation of favourite character

That'd be Amy and I guess... well the thing is I love her canon personality but that personality has varied so much.  Plus even games that I think she is written fine in, people tend to continue to see her as a crazy stalker psycho even though in 90% of the games she runs into Sonic by complete coincidence and nothing more.  I guess the biggest offenders though are Sonic Heroes and Sonic Free Riders.  I like Amy in all the main games that aren't these two.  Funnily enough, considering everything else, I feel 2006 is one of her stronger games.  All of her wooing over Sonic moments are when the two are actually apart - all the times they meet are in dire circumstances, and the game makes it pretty clear that she sees the bigger picture at these moments.

By extension, I like her a lot in Sonic X too, but of course the main cast practically have their canon personalities in that show anyway.  I think my fave games overall for Amy would be Unleashed (despite her small role there's some important moments here), Riders ZG and yeah, 2006 (despite everything).

DAY 7: ADAPTATION OF THE FITTEST

Amy would be able to adapt pretty well I think. She was shown buying groceries, and mentioned shopping till she dropped. She also doesn't have a special abilities, so she's already like a human on earth. I think Vanilla and Cream would adapt to our world easily too, They live a pretty domestic life. And finally Big, all he needs is a jungle to camp out in and a nice fishing spot and he's happy, something he can easily find on earth.

DAY 8: ONE HEDGEHOG'S TRASH IS ANOTHER HEDGEHOG'S TREASURE

SONIC RIDERS: ZERO GRAVITY: While I don't think it's as good as the first Riders, I still have a lot of fun with it, and I think the graphics and music are better. And the story was really good, especially for Knuckles, I think it's one of his best portrayals. I think the gravity gimmick was interesting, not quite as fun as the drifting, but I didn't mind it.

DAY 9: THIS IS HOW I LIKE MY CHARACTER PREPARED

TAILS: SONIC ADVENTURE

You get to see him become more than Sonic's sidekick. He starts out being rescued by Sonic, then tags along with him to find the chaos emeralds, but then they get separated. I love seeing him take on Eggman by himself and really grow some confidence and independence.

• Thumbs Up 2

Question 9:

Sonic in Sonic unleashed.

I'm not sure how to explain this one but I feel like sonic was at his best in sonic unleashed. I really enjoyed the relationship between sonic and chip. In the opening scene it really showed off how cool sonic was and how playful he can be to eggman.

Sonic was nice enough to guide chip to find out who he is by having him go on a journey together to fix the planet. Sonic even took the time to help out the citizens around the world whenever he had the chance.

Sonic being the werehog made him an angrier looking werehog caused by the dark Gaia stuff and even that didn't effect his personality because he's too strong for that to effect him....I guess lol.

Thats all I have to say though.

• Thumbs Up 2

~SSMB Has Cleared Portrayal Pabulum Act 9!~

"Maria, this is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you..." - Judge Claude Frollo, Sonic Adventure 2: The Hunchback of Pumpkin Hill (1996)

Question #10: What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?

1280x720-s39.jpg

This episode gets two thumbs up.

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. SatAM. Sonic Underground. Sonic X. Sonic Boom. What do all five of these have in common? Yes, that's right, Metal Sonic isn't in any of them. But another thing they have in common is that they're all products of the animation medium. Even if he is the star of a widely recognised franchise, Sonic's had a surprising amount of cartoons over the years, even moreso than the plumber/doctor/carpenter/hotel inspector himself, Mario. Now maybe you have a favourite show, and that's all very well, but that ain't what I'm asking about today. What I am asking is which episode out of ALL the cartoons' episodes is your favourite one?

NOTE: You're allowed to answer with the OVA in itself if you don't have another answer for whatever reason.

Crusher's Thoughts: I've only seen the first few episodes of Sonic Boom for myself, although I am still aware of what goes on in later episodes due to hearing about them, but I'd say I'm liking it a good deal so far. There are some things that I could do without, such as Robotnik being less evil and threatening than I was hoping for, and Tails constantly getting punished by the world, but overall, I'm liking it just as much as I like the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (yeah, I know the latter is a bit weird, but I still like it a lot more than the other cartoons).

Anyway, out of the episodes I've seen so far, my favourite is probably... the very first one, Sidekicks.

L1Rbktb.png?1

Well first off, the episode's plot may not be out of the ordinary for these kind of shows, but the way it's done is different, and in my opinion, it's done a lot better. Rather than having Sonic "fire" Tails out of anger, it was out of concern for his friend's safety, and he sincerely believed that it was the best scenario for the fox. It's no secret that Sonic isn't one of my favourite characters in the franchise generally speaking, but this unique and more sympathetic take on a typical plot setup that usually isn't like so did help in endearing me to this interpretation of the hedgehog.

Then there's how Tails reacted to the whole thing. He may have wanted to get back in the game and show that he can still be the Darth Maul to Sonic's Cos Dashit, but he still respected and understood Sonic's actions and reasons. I know it seems to be a love it or hate it personality trait for many fans, but I've always liked how Tails is really mature and down to earth for his age, sometimes being one of the most mature members in the whole cast despite being a young'un, so this spot-on example of such was great to see for a Tails fan like me.

Unsurprisingly, shenanigans happen that force Sonic to admit that maybe this wasn't the best choice on his part. Him being willing to admit that by the way, let alone admitting it immediately, was another thing that made me respect this version of him. Tails was cool with things, they saved the day, and then they went back home to have a smooth Winston break and enjoy the sunset. The whole episode is a nice display of the friendship between Sonic and Tails, and there's nothing bad about that, I reckon.

Because this was the first episode, we also got our first glimpse at what Amy's like in the cartoon. This version of Amy is without a doubt one of my favourite interpretations of her, and even though I didn't have anything against Amy anyway, I've definitely been liking her a lot more in general thanks to this version's efforts. She's super-dee-duper. And Knuckles? What he's like in the show might be a lot more controversial, and I can understand that, but I personally don't mind him too much. I've found some of the things he's said to be hilarious, mainly because of the way that Travis Willingham says some of the character's lines. This episode being an example of such, with how downtrodden he was at the whole Knuckles Jr. thing not working out.

And we were introduced to this show's version of Robotnik. I'll spare you the details and will refrain from going on about him, but aside from the little issue I mentioned earlier about him not being evil enough for my tastes, he is at least hilarious enough for my tastes, so I'm still able to enjoy this incarnation of him in spite of the former. Anyway, this episode was a good introduction to what he's all about in Boom, and Orbot and Cubot making it into the show was also nice to see. (On a slightly off topic note, I really like his fortress in this show. Reminds me of Cass' Crest from TY the Tasmanian Tiger.)

All in all, little nitpicks aside, I've been liking what I've seen of Boom so far, and this episode was a good start for the show, in my opinion. I really should get around to catching up on the episodes, don't know when that'll be though.

So with that out of the way, you may now post away!

ziwt35.png

"Actually, it's 'So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~"

• Thumbs Up 6

My favorite episode in any Sonic cartoon?

I would say The Meteor from Sonic Boom!

the_meteor_by_miitoons-d8jewjb.jpg

I mean, who wouldn't think a body swap episode between Sonic and Eggman will be great?! Losers, that's who! /kidding

No really, this is one of the best episodes of the show! The plot is very well written, the jokes are really good like Eggman-Sonic's hammy evil laughter and such.

"He's pretending to be Sonic again?"

"Well I'm not going to be Amy!"

The action scenes are well done!

Really, everything about this episode is great and shows how good of a show Sonic Boom is!

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the one Sonic episode that stuck out to me was "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". I dunno, something about the episode focusing on the resident two Eggman/Robotnik lackeys was interesting to me, and the whole "find out what the hell happened" plot was somewhat interesting.

EDIT: OH YES THE KNUCKLES SCENE TOO HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THAT

Sorry, this is a bit of a difficult one for me to answer - I usually don't regard Sonic episodes any higher or lower than "OK". Not even Underground or X (the latter of which I've only seen about half of).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, tough one, but I think I'm going with Dude, Where's My Eggman.

Orbot and Cubot don't get much focus, so it's nice to see them get a episode of focus.

The mystery where Eggman  went is legitimately interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat and the  way the question is answered is  clever.

It includes the best scene from Boom so far

https://youtu.be/XA1dtqyTRAI

Plus that Walrus guy is introduced here and he's one of my favorite Boom side  characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

Question 10: What is your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoons?

Eh, I'm going to cheat a bit and say my favourite is the four episode saga, The Quest Of The Chaos Emeralds from Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog. 

hqdefault.jpg

Go damn, I love these four episodes. For a show that is know for most episodes being crazy one offs, its surprising how they could make a plot that could keep you genuinely interested for four whole episodes. 

Obviously, this four parter is based around the Chaos Emeralds. Apparently on Mobius they have four, one from Sonic 1, one from Sonic 2, a Super Emerald, and...the fourth one. XD 

Chaos_Emeralds_in_Aosth.jpg

The whole thing is about Robotnik forcing professor Caninestein to build him a time machine so he can go into the past and get all four chaos emeralds which all have different powers. Each episode takes place in a different location and time period and they are all interesting and hilarious places. 

The thing is too, each episode has a really interesting plot to it. Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme had Sonic prevent Masonic from meeting Penelope, so Sonic temporarily never existed. Black Bot The Pirate had Robotnik destroy Sonic's time travelling shoes. So what does he do? He writes a note, puts it into a chest, and he gets Time Travel shoes back by writing on the note That the note needs to be seen by Caninestein so he can create some new shoes and send them back into time. I love screwed up time travel logic like that, and most of the situations are just crazy enough to work. I can really appreciate it when a show with crazy logic like this can make it work and support a larger plot overall. 

All four of these episodes are really hilarious. Everyone also has their time in the spotlight. Sonic,Tails, Scratch, Grounder, everybody! Robotnik in particular is really hilarious. I think these episodes were some of his best in the whole cartoon. 

These four episodes are so amazing not just in laughs, but in overall quality of the writing. It actually does get pretty serious in Prehistoric Sonic when Robotnik becomes supreme High Robotnik (LOL) and Sonic has to get five other versions of himself to take Robotnik down. 

Supreme_High_Robotnik_v2.png

This is something to behold. 

These four episodes are really the highlight of Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog and even if you don't like the show, watch these four episodes. They will blow you away with the jokes, and surprisingly interesting plot. 

I guess I'm the first (and maybe last) to not mention a Boom episode. XD 

• Thumbs Up 3

30 Days of Sonic Act 2 Day 10: Off to Cartoon Land

Favorite Sonic Cartoon episode, huh? Now, my answer will most likely (Or maybe not) be a Boom episode. Here it is: I have a few favorite episodes of Boom and some I don't like. (Well, Duh). But, since you want my absolute favorite episode, I'd have to say it's The Meteor. Here's why i like said episode: This episode is a body swap type episode between Eggman and Sonic and that equals a good episode just from the premise but it wouldn't be any good of an idea if the episode wasn't good and it is. Whether it be the jokes, the action scenes or just the quality of the episode.

Day 10 Complete!

The Meteor - Sonic Boom

The_Meteor_Title_Card.png

I like to discuss TV more than videogames, believe it or not, and pretty much every forum I used before this one was more based on television show of some kind, be it a singular show or a more general scope. I still have many friends from those older forums, and when I finally got around to watching Sonic Boom and got to this episode in particular the first thing I did after I finished it was tell all of them about it.

This is the prime example of how to do a body swap episode, in my opinion. It used the situation to provide a lot of great humor - Sonic trying to run like he usually does while in Eggman's body and all of Sonic's friends laughing at Eggman while Eggman praised himself in Sonic's body are the two jokes that immediately come to mind. It took the situation and maxed it out to its full comedic potential.

It also eschewed a lot of the negative tropes that kind of make body swap episodes grinding to me, such as the characters maintaining their own voices while in a completely different body and the two sides coming together to make things right in spite of their established goals and ambitions. Eggman made the most out of the situation he had been given and planned on using it to carry out his plans instead of seeking out Sonic to try to make things right - I loved that. It feels far too common that body swap episodes are also used as a means of getting two people who usually wouldn't work together to work together to add on to the "wacky hijinks." 

Also, the voice thing really sold it on me. That was always a huge pet peeve of mine in these kinds of episodes.

This is an episode I enjoyed so much that I took it to people who aren't even Sonic fans to show them, and they found enjoyment in it. I think that speaks a lot for the quality of this episode, and I don't think it has much contest.

• Thumbs Up 7

I guess I can say that the only Sonic cartoon I've really seen all of the episodes for is Sonic X, so I'll pick with something I have the most interesting memories of.

The first episode of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm going with it.

Around the age of 7 (Which to be honest isn't that long ago: Sonic 06 happened the year prior) I was really into the DiC cartoons based on Video Game properties. Of course I liked the Super Mario Bros. Super Show (Even though I only noticed that one instance in the first episode where Mario promptly said "F*** you, Luigi!" just recently), and yeah. I just liked that stuff apparently, I used to rent the episodes on DVD from Blockbuster (Remember when that was a thing?) I never really got to know about AoSTH until about 2 years later. I found a DVD for it and invited a friend of mine to come over. Both of us never knew what to expect since I was actually not really into Sonic at the time, but we watched this episode and were both sentimentally confused, in a good way I supposed? For something that aired as the first episode, it was certainly an introduction to the weird, Looney Tunes style of humor that's quite the trademark for AoSTH. I guess I really liked it. I thought it was entertaining (And if you asked me at the time, really stupid)

300px-AosthSSSSSS.png

I would caption this, but I'm pretty sure this is already enough to tell you how many strange things you can count in the picture.

Maybe Scratch and Grounder are going to blow up Sonic and Tails or something like that

A better way to put it, who wouldn't want to name an episode  "The Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad!" ? I'd be pretty good at the smashing part.

Also, I find the Sonic Sez segment for this episode to actually be quite relevant at this day in age, with Swatting becoming a thing and all.

Runner-ups:

Sonic Boom: The Meteor

Sonic OVA (I guess)

Sonic Boom: Dude, Where's my Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 5

First off, Crusher, If that's a Mr.Bean picture, you've earned cool points in my book.

Oh boy. That's a toughie.

Well, considering I have no memory of most of the X episodes or the SatAM episodes, and I hate Underground and Adventure of. I guess I'm going with Sonic Boom.

But what episode? Well, since they're pretty much high up there for me, I'll say my best and then my two runners up.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-05-at-00.15.22.png

''Oh my god Ryan, why are you picking the cliche one?!'' -Buries head into hands.-

''Hey gang, you arrived early, I haven't even gotten out of my evil PJs yet. They have a trap door!''

Can an Evil Genius Crash on your Couch for a few Weeks?: What can I say? It's just so a good example of how these characters can work in this setting, and it's the best portrayal of Eggman and Sticks in the series to date. I just love all the reactions and interactions in this episode. From Sonic being such a cool guy and letting his arch enemy crash in....well Tails' house which Sonic's sleeping in, despite having his own house but whatever, to Eggman's constant pillow fights, to his evil PJs.

Then there's Orbot and Cubot. Despite the fact Eggman constantly treats them like crap, he still secretly cares about them, enough that out of all the robots he could choose, he chooses them to take them from his ''destroyed base''. But still he gives them some of the most funniest lines in the episode. For example Sonic: ''Orbot, Cubot, aren't you guys tired?'' Eggman: They're robots! They don't get tired!......BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO SOULS!'' Orbot: ''Hey -'' Cubot: ''No...he's right...''.

Then there's Amy trying to play the kind ear listening to everyone's annoyance, Sticks trying to pronounce words and getting pissed off, and so much more.

Runners Up:

sonic_boom__the_meteor_by_sonamy115-d8j4

''See, I told you this Ryan guy is cliche. That's two cliche favourites already >.<''

''He's pretending to be Sonic again'', ''Yeah? I'M NOT BEING AMY AGAIN''

The Meteor: Not really much to say other than this is a mind swap episode done right. From Sonic attempting to run fast in Eggman's body (Gotta go fast amirite?), to Roger Craig Smith trying to ham it up as much as Mike. This was such a good episode.

Runner Up 2: The Sidekick

L1Rbktb.png?1

''I told ya you needed more Sports Tape! You had none on your head Tails! >:U''

''You tried to keep me safe by putting me in more danger?'' ''THE PLAN HAD HOLES!''

The Sidekick: Alright. I'm going to admit it. I'm a fan of the Sonic/Tails bromance. But, Lost World especially soured my enjoyment of the relationship when Sonic was turned into a pig headed idiot and Tails was turned into a brat. But Boom finally brought back the bromance in full swing and I love it so. It's full of so many good moments.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 10! Top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes!

I was gonna go for a Sonic X episode, but then I remembered the superior Sonic Boom and changed my mind. =P It's the first episode of course, Sidekicks!

I like this episode because it's funny, has good animation and is full of adorable Sonic and Tails bromance scenes. <3 Funny moments include Knuckles and Amy auditioning to be Sonic's sidekick, Amy singing and juggling, Fastidious Beaver and of course Dr Eggman. Just...Dr Eggman! I also think this episode was a good introduction to the Boom cartoon and Marine is nowhere to be seen (thankfully). And of course, the Sonic and Tails scenes are just too cute. I mean, that bit where Sonic hugs Tails is just hnnnngggg so CUTE!

So yes, I think this is my favourite episode out of ANY of the Sonic cartoons I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 10: What's your top favourite episode out of ALL cartoon episodes?

Fave episode out of all of them? Have to admit, that's a lot of episodes to consider. That said, I can't stand SatAM to watch all the episodes, I haven't watched a single episode of Sonic Boom and my viewing of Sonic X has been limited due to the UK not really airing it consistently, so those are right out of the way.

So I guess for my choice, it's an episode that's stuck in my mind before I became a dedicated Sonic fan, one I saw on a rainy school lunchtime back in 1998.

tumblr_inline_mhrbba25Ir1qz4rgp.png

Tails' New Home from AoStH has a fairly simple premise; on a normal bout of shenanigans, Tails gets hurt. Sonic doesn't want that happening to Tails, so he sets off to find a foster family for him. Scratch and Grounder pose as Tails' real parents, spring their trap to catch Tails and Sonic has to free him.

On the surface, Tails' New Home has a lot of the hallmarks of any other episode in the series. The humour is the usual brand of slapstick that AoStH fans know and love and the baddies are as hammy as ever. But above all else, this episode has a lot of heart to it. The conflict is surprising character driven, with the situation borne of Sonic's caring for his little brother figure and not wanting him (a four year old in this series, just to note) to suffer needlessly, which makes his standards for foster parents quite stringent. We also get a glimpse into how they came to meet and bond in this series, and the way that Sonic's key to uncovering the plot revolves around his attention to detail regarding his real name is heartwarming and a reminder that Sonic isn't all just a cool image, there's a compassion for the ones he holds close as well.

So yeah, I'll put that one forward for my fave episode.

• Thumbs Up 5