Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

i want him in the game, lets send in a suggestion to sega :V

Super Sonic wouldn't work in Runners. He'd be far far far too overpowered. What you're asking for is a lose-lose situation for Sega because they'll either be called out for putting an unbelievably overpowered character into the premium roulette so that people will get unfair advantages if they get him, or nerf him down to the point where people will call Sega out for Super Sonic not living up to his name. 

Edited by Diz
Altered post #970939 for clarification.
  • Thumbs Up 4

i want him in the game, lets spam sega :V

Super Sonic in Runners would be utterly stupid for so many reasons, aside from the fact he's supposed to drain rings, there would be the amazing moment when you have 0 rings in the 4th stage yet still super.

Oh how about the invincibility... oh spikes can kill him.... oh badniks too.

Edited by Diz
Altered post #970939 for clarification, thus one of the potentially harsh lines removed.
  • Thumbs Up 4

He could be playable in the last stage as he appears in the 50-5. Against a final boss or something like that.

Edited by Diz

He could be playable in the last stage as he appears in the 50-5. Against a final boss or something like that.

We don't want to spam Sega will requests for a character who'd either be nerfed into a shadow of his former self or would be broken beyond belief? And why would Super Sonic be needed for 50-5? There's already a boss battle there, and I couldn't imagine Super Sonic playing any differently from the other characters other than downright broken stats.

Edited by Diz

He could be used against a last boss battle (example episode 50-5)
Summoned by an item or collecting the 7 emeralds through a run
Or a possible event involving super sonic
Or as a normal playable character.

these are my ideas, @Dan well you could send a suggestion to sega via the sega feedback. im not talking about real spam sending 50 letters, if many people ask it they may do something.

He could be used against a last boss battle (example episode 50-5)
Summoned by an item or collecting the 7 emeralds through a run
Or a possible event involving super sonic
Or as a normal playable character.

these are my ideas, @Dan well you could send a suggestion to sega via the sega feedback. im not talking about real spam sending 50 letters, if many people ask it they may do something.

1. Why is he needed for the boss? The final boss with Sonic and other characters already works fine and it wouldn't work anyway because the game still presents the player the choice to use Speed/Flight/Power characters, along with bringing in a sub character.

2. That would be needless complicated, and not to mention a serious screw up if you missed one of the emeralds or the item.

3. There's already an event with Super Sonic, it's the final cutscene in the game.

4. Already went over the issues with having him as a character.

He shows up but not playable... its a suggestion.

Edited by Diz
Hope you do not mind me editing out some of the stuff.

he shows up but not playable... its a suggestion. Just take it or leave toxic and negative people. I won't waste my time with flammers.

Well dude, if you say something like "Let's spam about him to Sega", some people will disagree with you. Not really sure where this Toxic stuff came from, though.

because you are :) you get salty for a suggestion

How am I salty? Because I explained to you multiple times why Super Sonic wouldn't work in game and why it's a childish idea to spam Sega with requests? Considering you're the one who's calling everyone flammers and toxic, I'd say you're the one who's salty.

• Thumbs Up 5

SUPER SONIC!!! :v

First of all, do not spam us as that is against the rules --

i want him in the game, lets spam sega :V

-- and do not advocate we spam a private company. If Sega wants our opinion, they'll ask for it.

People disagreeing with your suggestion aren't toxic. They're holding a conversation. This is not the forum where your ideas are expected to go unchallenged. If you don't want a debate, you are free to leave, not to make shitposts like this --

because you are :) you get salty for a suggestion

Continue this conversation, or keep posting with this baity attitude, and you will be striked. Everyone else, stop responding to this and ignore the bickering or you will be striked too. Overall, Super Sonic will be playable if they want him playable. No reason to bother complaining about. Get back to talking about the game.

• Thumbs Up 9

Okay, I have no idea how this even started, but this topic has been derailed enough already.  So enough of whatever this "toxicity" complaints are and let's try to respectfully continue this discussion without insulting each other.  Preferably without sexist remarks.

EDIT - Nepenthe confirmed for ninja.

Edited by Tara
  • Thumbs Up 9

EDIT - Nepenthe confirmed for ninja.

Nepenthe confirmed for Espio :U

On another note, I've been trying out some of the recommended combos, and found Tails/Shadow in flight stages working well for me so far.

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think Super Sonic is the last thing they should be focusing on. This game is fucked up enough. I'd rather they spend their resources improving the player experience and ironing out all their stupid bugs.

EDIT: Find the problem with this picture.

Screenshot_2015-09-04-10-20-49.png

Edited by PurinxPop
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Super Sonic is the last thing they should be focusing on. This game is fucked up enough. I'd rather they spend their resources improving the player experience and ironing out all their stupid bugs.

well all the bugs came after worldwide release i was much happier before WW release.

Editing/removing a few posts in order to ease discussion. Keep it cool, guys. We want everyone to have a good time. Do not forget that. =)

Alright, keep going!

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of stupid bugs, has Runners been finicky lately for anyone else when it comes to staying connected?

Whether my phone is on a Wi-Fi or cellular connection (the latter being fairly decent 4G LTE), I frequently get the "connection error" message and have to retry until it works, while my other apps and games are able to load just fine. Today it's gotten worse and I can't even get past the title screen; despite being on a full Wi-Fi signal, the error message appears almost instantly every time, as if it's not even trying to connect.

I realize I'm beating a dead horse with this, but I just don't understand why Runners always seems so high-maintenance over basic features/tasks that many other games have no issue with.

Speaking of stupid bugs, has Runners been finicky lately for anyone else when it comes to staying connected?

Whether my phone is on a Wi-Fi or cellular connection (the latter being fairly decent 4G LTE), I frequently get the "connection error" message and have to retry until it works, while my other apps and games are able to load just fine. Today it's gotten worse and I can't even get past the title screen; despite being on a full Wi-Fi signal, the error message appears almost instantly every time, as if it's not even trying to connect.

I realize I'm beating a dead horse with this, but I just don't understand why Runners always seems so high-maintenance over basic features/tasks that many other games have no issue with.

The connection thing just happened to me for the first time. I was able to get in the game after a few minutes though.

The connection thing just happened to me for the first time. I was able to get in the game after a few minutes though.

I actually tried a few minutes ago and was able to as well. So, probably an overreaction on my part, but, still... that was weird. :blink:

On a more positive note, I think I'm starting to get the hang of Power characters. In my last run with Knuckles I was able to get a score of almost 1.5 million (although not yet close to the 10+ million I can get with Speed and Fly characters). It feels good to not inherently want to restart the game anymore once a Power stage shows up.

What, is it just that the Play button is messed up? Or is it that you have less than 100 lives? :P

As for Super Sonic, have any of you played Jetpack Joyride? In that game there is a special transformation you can get once per day that makes you quite powerful, but you have to collect 3 tokens first and if you take a few hits than it's destroyed. They could maybe do something like that in Sonic Runners. They could make the Chaos Emeralds be floating like a Golden Rappy/Flicky (if you miss them they'll show up again later in the run) and after collecting all seven (it could save between runs or not, whatever they decide) you go Super, but after hitting a few things or after a time limit or after eating up all your rings you transform back. It could be another incentive to play daily and wouldn't end up being that overpowered for the people who can easily score millions of points anyway. Characters who haven't gone Super can just get that Shield thing that Tails and Knuckles had in Sonic Heroes. Or of course they could just keep things how they are. 

What, is it just that the Play button is messed up? Or is it that you have less than 100 lives? :P

As for Super Sonic, have any of you played Jetpack Joyride? In that game there is a special transformation you can get once per day that makes you quite powerful, but you have to collect 3 tokens first and if you take a few hits than it's destroyed. They could maybe do something like that in Sonic Runners. They could make the Chaos Emeralds be floating like a Golden Rappy/Flicky (if you miss them they'll show up again later in the run) and after collecting all seven (it could save between runs or not, whatever they decide) you go Super, but after hitting a few things or after a time limit or after eating up all your rings you transform back. It could be another incentive to play daily and wouldn't end up being that overpowered for the people who can easily score millions of points anyway. Characters who haven't gone Super can just get that Shield thing that Tails and Knuckles had in Sonic Heroes. Or of course they could just keep things how they are. 

Play Button :P I don't have anyone sending me lives and I don't ever run out of them because I usually finish an episode in 1-2 runs.

The thing about a super powerful daily transformation would mean that people would be dependent on it for a high score run. This game is already too luck-based. (whoever gets the most drill sections per run gets the most points)

• Thumbs Up 1

It has 1 frame per second, which is too high for a typical Runners game.

• Thumbs Up 6

you have Tikal and I dont.

just kidding, it's the play button. That's a pretty funny error I have to admit. Were you able to get rid of it or is it still there?

• Thumbs Up 4