Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I think Team Flare or Flame makes sense for Silver and Blaze. Blaze with her fire powers and Silver with his future being destroyed by the fire monster Iblis.

Well personally i'm happy sega didn't lump them 2 together this time. it has always bothered me how mainly just  because of Sonic-06 that a lot of fans automatically think of them as a close team. when they barely even have anything to do with each other outside of that 1 game which shouldn't be counted as much. 

Regardless it was a mistake IMO to make Blaze a power type on Sonic runners... she really should had been a speed type. however despite what i said, a 2nd sub typing of psychic or supernatural type for her and Silver could had worked as they both have psychic or supernatural type powers i suppose... ohwell... to late now for Sonic runners.  hopefully they just don't continue to treat her as that type in future titles.

I can confirm that the terrain lighting bug affects all stages. Someone please send an email to SEGA about this. If they're blind enough to not fix it next patch then I don't have hope for this game anymore. Also I was just playing this game on the iPhone 6 and the companion pictures don't even load! What is this?

• Thumbs Up 2

I can confirm that the terrain lighting bug affects all stages. Someone please send an email to SEGA about this. If they're blind enough to not fix it next patch then I don't have hope for this game anymore. Also I was just playing this game on the iPhone 6 and the companion pictures don't even load! What is this?

Honestly I can't believe that this bug is even a thing. How in the world do they miss something that obvious? If this remains unfixed ala Eggman's flame not even coming out of the exhaust pipe I'll be both extremely disappointed and impressed.

The companion pictures not loading is also a serious issue. Last night they were loading slowly for me, today they're barely loading at all. I have zero idea how Sega seems to just be creating more and more problems as they go on. What the hell did they fiddle with to make it so that stage lighting is borked and companions don't load?

• Thumbs Up 1

Got Orca and Chaos but no Tikal yet. Luckily I finally got to the final chapter. Do the Red Rings only show up on the last part?

There's 5 RSRs for completing the first four parts of the final episode (There's five parts to it) and you get 10 RSRs for finishing part 5.

I just noticed there's a spelling error in RC Tornado 2's description:
"100% (110%) Rings when Rigns are banked."

Blowfish Transporter still has a orthographic errors too.

Also can someone tell me the difference between RC Tornado 2 and Hero Chaos? Because the new companion invalidates the others existence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also can someone tell me the difference between RC Tornado 2 and Hero Chaos? Because the new companion invalidates the other's existence.

The amount of typos in this game is impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also can someone tell me the difference between RC Tornado 2 and Hero Chaos? Because the new companion invalidates the others existence.

the Hero Chao works like the character bonus, it gives you extra rings based on a % of the total.

The tornado 2 makes the total of rings higher (100% more or x2 at level 5)

So if you get 100 rings and use Hero chao at level 5 (+50%) and a lv100 character you will end up with 200 rings.

If instad of the hero chao you use the tornado 2, you will have 200, and with the +50% of the character you'll end up with 300.

So pretty much the effect is on the total before bonuses, same goes for the mother wisp :) 

(Of course the mother wisp doesnt makes the total go up, but the score you get while using color powers)

• Thumbs Up 2

Well personally i'm happy sega didn't lump them 2 together this time. it has always bothered me how mainly just  because of Sonic-06 that a lot of fans automatically think of them as a close team. when they barely even have anything to do with each other outside of that 1 game which shouldn't be counted as much. 

Regardless it was a mistake IMO to make Blaze a power type on Sonic runners... she really should had been a speed type. however despite what i said, a 2nd sub typing of psychic or supernatural type for her and Silver could had worked as they both have psychic or supernatural type powers i suppose... ohwell... to late now for Sonic runners.  hopefully they just don't continue to treat her as that type in future titles.

not true about Silver and Blaze. Even after the non existant events of Sonic 06, Silver and Blaze still managed to meet eachother, and become close friends. Sega has left descriptions in other games to prove it, and they were even confirmed as a team in the ds version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

Edited by SpongicX
  • Thumbs Up 3

not true about Silver and Blaze. Even after the non existant events of Sonic 06, Silver and Blaze still managed to meet eachother, and become close friends. Sega has left descriptions in other games to prove it, and they were even confirmed as a team in the ds version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, and again I believe, in Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games for 3ds. 

They also come dangerously close to coming to fists in Colors DS (which also had them appear together in the same stage with no reason given). Even in Black Knight, Silver manged to sneak in as a Knight of the Round Table, putting him on her team for that title too.

but this is a story for another topic lol.

Back to runners, I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't curious how much money we've collectively sunk into this game. Its already had me break my 1 rule (never spend $$$ on mobile games) and I've seen that a few of you here have done the same at least once. I feel like I'm contributing to a vicious cycle once Sonic Team realizes how profitable this model can be. Slap us over the head with a little nostalgia and our wallets will spread open faster than a ... oh, lets keep the grammar PG.... a very fast and loose woman. Where else is someone supposed to get their Tikal fix in this day and age?!

How many of you guys will fess up to feeding this beast multiple monetary transactions?

• Thumbs Up 3

Back to runners, I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't curious how much money we've collectively sunk into this game. Its already had me break my 1 rule (never spend $$$ on mobile games) and I've seen that a few of you here have done the same at least once. I feel like I'm contributing to a vicious cycle once Sonic Team realizes how profitable this model can be. Slap us over the head with a little nostalgia and our wallets will spread open faster than a ... oh, lets keep the grammar PG.... a very fast and loose woman. Where else is someone supposed to get their Tikal fix in this day and age?!

How many of you guys will fess up to feeding this beast multiple monetary transactions?

I won't lie, I've put a pretty embarrassing amount of money into Runners. Wayyyy more than I'd willingly admit. Sonic Runners is the only mobile game ever to get me to do this. For real, bop me with a little bit of Sonic nostalgia and I'll apparently just throw my money away.

I have spent exactly £0.00 on this game.

There is abslutely no point at all in ever spending money on this title. It's using basic Skinner Box techniques combined with a lack of information to trick you into thinking you should spend money.

What you think those characters are gone forever? They'll be back.

You think you're missing out by not having the limited edition companions? They're special abilities will soon be put in others as we're starting to see with the others.

Do not fall for it. Do not spend.

• Thumbs Up 3

You spend until you get the RC battle cruiser. can't farm for RSR efficiently until you have that companion

Even at level 0?

PS. The Orca is too chaotic to farm, as it destroys what you are standing on and you need the Orca at level 5 for it to be useful and destroy many platforms anyways, mine is at 0.

Edited by Aries

Even at level 0?

It only looks usefull when lv2 or higher :/

If you have it lower, then go for score, its the faster way to get RSR before getting it to lv2.

After that, by some reason, high scores give me low RSR and short runs give me more, makes no sense :)

If you have it lower, then go for score, its the faster way to get RSR before getting it to lv2.

After that, by some reason, high scores give me low RSR and short runs give me more, makes no sense :)

Yeah this is true. don't bother with the RC battle cruiser until Lvl 2

• Thumbs Up 1

I have my Cruiser at level 2, if Im lucky I usually get 3 RSR per run, if unlucky one or none, if very lucky about 5 or 6.

Not to mention those things bounce in the air and you can lose them easily, this game is torture really.

Edited by Aries

Wait! Hogfather's trick still worked last time? Then, I collected and used 10 special eggs with that trick this time.

Wait for one full rotation and tap the character egg...

Shoot! Almost landed on the character egg, but the super rare egg on the right of it. I got Lv. 0 RC Tornado 2.

Now If I can get Chaos to high levels, then pair him with the Cruiser and magnet...hmm.

Nah..

PS. Its nice to see the History of Sonic in one game, even more references than Generations, if only this game wouldve been a fleshed out non rails actual flagship console or PC game. You better deliver next year SEGA!

PS2..see what I did there? nvm, Team WILD? Sticks definitely will be in this game (Sonic Team loves her! Sonic Channel, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics!) and Werehog maybe in Halloween! But now I wonder if they'll do a Sonic Boom event and what will the companions be!? Dave the Intern and Justin Beaver heheh.

Edited by Aries

Eh, I've spent 8 bucks on red rings, but only cause of the first time bonus. Outside of that, I've farmed for red rings now that I'm at the end of the game.

This game made me break that very same rule too. I admit, I never want to spend money on mobile apps, but I ended up buying the 96RSR pack when it was on special, so I got 250RSR. It got me nothing, and since then I've refused to spend more. If spending money doesn't get you anything decent from the roulette, not even increased chances for your first spin since purchasing, it's a pointless endeavour. First and last time I'll spend money on this game.

This game made me break that very same rule too. I admit, I never want to spend money on mobile apps, but I ended up buying the 96RSR pack when it was on special, so I got 250RSR. It got me nothing, and since then I've refused to spend more. If spending money doesn't get you anything decent from the roulette, not even increased chances for your first spin since purchasing, it's a pointless endeavour. First and last time I'll spend money on this game.

Those Red Star Ring prices are too damn high! Should've been 99 cents for 50 RSR! But one dollar for only 12 RSR? Forget about it! I rather eat a burger!

Edited by Aries
  • Thumbs Up 1