Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

You know what?

I'll buy and play Rise of Lyric, without reading reviews or opinions.

Then I'll write my own review/opinion. And it will be the most polite, anger-less, impartial review/opinion you'll ever read!

Being polite and anger-less aren't benefits though.

--

I think the best thing to do when writing a review is to be entirely honest. If the game I'd so bad that it makes you angry, that's something you'd need to tell the readers of you're review so they don't buy the game. Likewise, if you like it, say how much you like it. It's always best to be entirely honest with these kinds of things, especially with a game this polarising.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would prefer it if they provide a playable demo of the game prior to release, like they did with Generations. At least that way I could get a feel for the different gameplay style before deciding whether to buy it. Although I will probably get it anyway.

I wonder if they will make a special edition with extra content, like the 'Deadly Six Edition' we got for Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really wish you'd wait for me to respond before putting words into my mouth.

I added that bit with guns just in case. I'm not putting words in anybody's mouth.

I think the best thing to do when writing a review is to be entirely honest. If the game I'd so bad that it makes you angry, that's something you'd need to tell the readers of you're review so they don't buy the game. Likewise, if you like it, say how much you like it. It's always best to be entirely honest with these kinds of things, especially with a game this polarising.

Actually I was thinking of making something like this review (which was first pointed out by IndigoRush in a Sonic Lost World topic

http://www.soniczone0.com/blog/index.php?id=109

Here (unless I misinterpreted) every little nook and cranny about the game is described the way it is and the personal taste of whoever wrote the review is kept at minimal. Instead of making the reader think "if this guy hates this game, it must really sucks. I'l pass" or "hey, this guy actually loves the game! ...but I'm not entirely convinced, I'll check other reviews"

because honestly, this is the best effect a single positive review can obtain nowadays

rolleyes.gif

this review makes the reader reflect and ponder if they will like the game or not.

• Thumbs Up 5

I get the feeling it just be an introduction of Boom up m to Japan. Ergo, stuff we've already seen.

from livestream

Boozing Iizuka and the game is Sonic Toon in Japan.

Iizuka is now shadow boxing.

Oh man Iizukas face when the trailer ended...

They just played the E3 trailer in English with Japanese subtitles.

Ooooo, game demo.

Amy has a fart gun.

oh look, another boss that you defeat by throwing things at.

Good face or bad face?

Bad face, and lol everybody clapped the demo except Iizuka.

Suddenly ASRT!

More Beer!

Iizuka drinking more beer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like they're cocktails, not beers :P Heard Knuckles' name in the first question of the Q&A. 

Amy has a fart gun.

oh look, another boss that you defeat by throwing things at.

Bad face, and lol everybody clapped the demo except Iizuka.

Suddenly ASRT!

More Beer!

Iizuka drinking more beer.

W.. Wait. It means iizuka doesn't like Sonic Boom either?.

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I'm not watching it since I don't speak a word of Japanese, but it's slightly worrying that Iiizuka had an unhappy face after the E3 trailer. o_o

I like how Iizuka took all the beers when he left.

Sonic Booze comimg 2015

Well shit, (no pun intended) not even Sonic can escape juvenile flatulence humor... Did anyone here mirror the demo?

They demoed this level with Sonic and Amy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LFjDlhTNGY

They skipped the cutscene and played through that first part. Then, they got the crystal, did the chase and did some Amy acrobatics on some beams to reach a switch. Finally, they had Sonic 'Spin Ball' on some switch and then up a ramp, they used Amy's hammer to beat some giant buttons down, then had a boss fight whipping enemies at the Crystal Guardian. 

I don't think they did any of the combat with the enemies, like in that above video. It actually looked more fun the way they ran through the level. 

EDIT:

As I don't understand Japanese, I don't know if any new info came out of the Q&A other than Iizuka obviously reaffirming that Boom/Toon is a separate thing to the Sonic Team series.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, that 'fart gun' Hogfather mentioned was a trumpet weapon. Musical notes shot out of it with a loud trumpet sound. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Is there any new info from this stream, or is it just the same things that we saw from E3? I can't watch the stream at the moment as I'm out.

Thanks, Woun. No wonder I couldn't recall any combat, because they just used the Enerbeam and homng attack. 

Lyric makes his minions wield trumpets and other instruments? What kind of villain who's supposed to be so dark and serious would do that unless they had a musical them--oh.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, that 'fart gun' Hogfather mentioned was a trumpet weapon. Musical notes shot out of it with a loud trumpet sound. 

Thank goodness dry.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Lyric makes his minions wield trumpets and other instruments? What kind of villain who's supposed to be so dark and serious would do that unless they had a musical them--oh.

Villain song perhaps?