Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

But when does it come down to actual complaints and people just needlessly bashing the game. It finally has explore-able levels and multiple characters that aren't useless but people down it because it looks generic? It's only like 4 of however many stages guys how can you call the whole game bland off this? Idk. But I try to make a future ideas for Boom topic - people say it's too early to consider ideas, people say they hate the game - and all of a sudden there's enough info to decide the whole game experience. Double standards.

1. Many people needlessly bashing this game.

It means. Many normal people are just following reviewers opinion and then, Bashing Sonic Boom is one of the public opinion.

And bad design and gameplay make negative review and public opinion.

2. 4 Playable characters itself isn't make interest

3. Even if many stage is exist in Sonic Boom. If game quality is as bad as E3 demo stage. Many stage is just useless thing. Why? Because Sonic Boom itself is boring.

4. many Sonic fans doing double standards. But many normal gamers HATRED Sonic Boom and Sonic series and they even want abolish Sonic for their memory.

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

P.s in asia. Many people calls Sonic Boom to Sonic Poop, Sonic Bust, and Sonic Bomb

P.s in asia. Many people calls Sonic Boom to Sonic Poop, Sonic Bust, and Sonic Bomb

You only count as one person.

You only count as one person.

If you really want to find this source

Check out ruliweb and 2ch.

Plus. I can't understand why you didn't refute my post's main part of article. Actually you have refuted just my post script.

Okay this unproven conjecture over alleged reasons for Boom to fail and this testimony of speaking for the bulk of a continent is going nowhere Omote. In fact it's rather inconsiderate.

Honestly, I'm looking at Sonic Boom in a more positive light because of two things.

1. In that interview that was posted earlier, Stephen Frost said they have a lot they haven't revealed yet. These things could be redeeming (or you know, bad...but hey I'm personally very excited!)

2. The gameplay in the clip from the livestream was much faster paced then we've seen which is very good considering it seemed, I think, before that there was going to be a lot of fighting dredging on through the game...

So, yeah!

• Thumbs Up 4

I really don't understand where you're coming from.

For the record, this was pretty much at the heart of my further rebuttals to the LEGO/Boom comparison: Whether or not what LEGO set out to accomplish was super fantastic, it did accomplish what it set out to do, whereas Boom has failed, at least for the time being. The LEGO games were conceived in an off-kilter way and play precisely like that, for better or worse. No, bonuses aren't upgrades here, yes, bonus characters are only icing on the cake and little else, but that's not where the games are focused. They're easy-going collectathons with currency for collectables. It succeeds at being what it wants to be. Boom does not. That was all I wanted to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, this was pretty much at the heart of my further rebuttals to the LEGO/Boom comparison: Whether or not what LEGO set out to accomplish was super fantastic, it did accomplish what it set out to do, whereas Boom has failed, at least for the time being. The LEGO games were conceived in an off-kilter way and play precisely like that, for better or worse. No, bonuses aren't upgrades here, yes, bonus characters are only icing on the cake and little else, but that's not where the games are focused. They're easy-going collectathons with currency for collectables. It succeeds at being what it wants to be. Boom does not. That was all I wanted to say.

Spoken like a real actual princess, comrade.

But honestly what is sonic boom setting out to accomplish? I cant agree that it doesn't achieve it if i'm not sure what it is.

That kind of question would almost always give off the feeling that you're "assuming its going to be successful enough to have much of a future" type of vibe when the game was already really far away from being released and there wasn't much to go on. To know everything that you would want from Boom in the future, you'd need to know what you already have and at that point we barely knew anything.

But thats exactly why I put What If. And that doesn't matter in the fact that the double standard still holds. I wanna talk about future Boom idea's even just small concepts - it gets wrote off as "not enough info" but when people want to talk down about Boom they have free range because "they've seen enough of it to-" or "this shows pretty much all I need to know" so how is that fair whatsoever.

I still can't put my finger on why Boom is such a big deal and has higher standards than normal Sonic.

Who says the standards ever changed? Keep in mind Boom has the added of baggage of doing in a massive overhaul of gameplay, comrade. For better or for worse of course, but still something folks can get a bit skeptical about.

I still can't put my finger on why Boom is such a big deal and has higher standards than normal Sonic.

It doesn't, really. I'd be happy with another Lost World, a divisive game in its own right. It's not that the standards have gotten higher, per se, but that the perceived quality has dipped further than it has before, I think.

And how doesn't Boom achieve what it wants to be, versus how well the Lego games did?

And don't answer "It's not a Sonic game", because that is definitely not what it's trying to be. The same would go for Lego, too, as it's centered around breaking and not building.

• Thumbs Up 1

But thats exactly why I put What If. And that doesn't matter in the fact that the double standard still holds. I wanna talk about future Boom idea's even just small concepts - it gets wrote off as "not enough info" but when people want to talk down about Boom they have free range because "they've seen enough of it to-" or "this shows pretty much all I need to know" so how is that fair whatsoever.

Standards haven't changed. People have always called out sonic games for being bad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And how doesn't Boom achieve what it wants to be, versus how well the Lego games did?

Boom aims to be an action adventure game, and as far as can be seen the action is tepid and the adventure is tame. Whether or not it's "Sonic," by all rights it seems to have fallen short of the very criteria it set for itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

How about providing an actual link for once?

Seriously, having negative impressions with Sonic Boom before release is perfectly justified, but it's getting tiring how much of a broken record you are with the same stuff you've been posting over and over.

How the hell does wanting a game to fail if you think you can save the Sonic series make even an ounce of sense?

1. I never mention about save Sonic.

2. I doesn't showed source because you have ignored my source. I showed source in my signature but everyone ignores this sources. And when they can't refute my opinion .they ignore it.

3. Same stuff? Could you explain what is the same stuff in my post?

P.S Sometimes, I think many people hates me because of personal reason

Standards haven't changed. People have always called out sonic games for being bad.

This.

2 Small demo stages is tame huh. I guess that could work for what you've seen so far but not the full experience.

Boom aims to be an action adventure game, and as far as can be seen the action is tepid and the adventure is tame. Whether or not it's "Sonic," by all rights it seems to have fallen short of the very criteria it set for itself.

No, it hasn't?

All stages include either high speeds or battling opponents, the underwater stage has you run from a increasingly hard-to-escape saw octopus destroying an underwater tunnel, (which you should base your intensity expectations off of the crash bandicoot or Jak and Daxter chase scenes), the mining stage has you drop down into a mysterious ancient catacomb, and there is plenty of lore waiting to be delved into due to the time travel stuff.

How does that not fit "Action adventure", especially since something like 2D Zelda can make the cut into that genre?

• Thumbs Up 3

an increasingly hard-to-escape saw octopus 

A "sawctopus", per say.

2 Small demo stages is tame huh. I guess that could work for what you've seen so far but not the full experience.

"Small"? I'm on your side here but from what we've seen these stages are far larger than any other good Sonic game, and these aren't even the whole things.

Except for like, every other thread.

2. I doesn't showed source because you have ignored my source. I showed source in my signature but everyone ignores this sources. And when they can't refute my opinion .they ignore it.

Considering there is no source in your signature, it's not exactly easy to pay attention to.

Or, you know, cause of the things you do that annoy people who don't know you and will never know you personally. 

• Thumbs Up 2

No, it hasn't?

All stages include either high speeds or battling opponents,

The first of which has already been derided for its sectioned-off nature, the latter of which is altogether rather bland.

the underwater stage has you run from a increasingly hard-to-escape saw octopus destroying an underwater tunnel, (which you should base your intensity expectations off of the crash bandicoot or Jak and Daxter chase scenes),

(which I'll pass on commenting, being unfamiliar with Jak and Daxter.)

the mining stage has you drop down into a mysterious ancient catacomb,

Which strikes me as just sort of a concept, and not really a cool thing in and of itself, as even good ideas can get shot up in execution

and there is plenty of lore waiting to be delved into due to the time travel stuff.

Which I have to plow through un-engaging gameplay to get to.

How does that not fit "Action adventure", especially since something like 2D Zelda can make the cut into that genre?

It's not that it doesn't fit, it's that it fits poorly. A sweater poorly knit is still a sweater, yet it too remains poorly knit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3. Same stuff? Could you explain what is the same stuff in my post?

1: Really? That's not the vibe I've gotten from you in your history here, acting like the high and mighty expert that should handle Sega's business decisions. Your sig doesn't really do much to discredit that either, tbh.

2: I see no source of anything in your signature beyond the repeated "plz cancel Sonic Boom for teh whole series' benefit" sig. 

3:I don't need to really add to what I've already been saying as to how you're a broken record wanting Boom cancelled. Yawn.

I have no personal reason to hate you in the slightest, I'm disliking Sonic Boom so far as well, albeit for my own reasons. Your repeated postings just leave a helluva lot to be desired.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first of which has already been derided for its sectioned-off nature, the latter of which is altogether rather bland.

(which I'll pass on commenting, being unfamiliar with Jak and Daxter.)

Which strikes me as just sort of a concept, and not really a cool thing in and of itself, as even good ideas can get shot up in execution

It's not that it doesn't fit, it's that it fits poorly. A sweater poorly knit is still a sweater, yet it too remains poorly knit.

Well see, now you yourself have brought it down to a matter of opinion. You think the combat isn't engaging or fun, the next person may think it is and considering not many have really played the damn thing anyway neither side is right.

Well see, now you yourself have brought it down to a matter of opinion. 

I've already argued about all of these points before, this is just a brief summary of them, comrade.

Just because they've been criticized for being inserted into only appropriate situations, doesn't make them any less action-y. And likewise, just because it's your opinion that the gameplay of the combat is bland, it doesn't change the fact that it's high-impact action. So no, the execution isn't flawed.

It doesn't have to be cool to add to the concept of an adventure. And, from what I can tell from the textures used in the level and the Lyric cutscene, it's the place where they release and learn about Lyric, so I highly doubt it won't be executed well, being a pivotal point in the story.

Doesn't make it any less of an adventure..?

What's poorly knit about it, though? The threads of speed that are sectioned off into areas that are only appropriate for them, making a pattern like a roller coaster of an adventure? The dye of yarn that, while you might not particularly enjoy, does it's job well enough in the grand scheme of things? The fact that you received an itchy sweater, when it's really only made for cold weather?

All I'm seeing is a matter of tastes, not poor execution.

I had to bring this up because, while you're perfectly welcome to enjoy the game, it irks me to see you saying "oh such and such won't bother me" with your reasonings because it's turning a blind eye to multiple big issues.

I swear to my honor, I'm completely honest with myself and with you all.

In fact, in my long life of player I already enjoyed many many games despite their flaws, big or not. And listen to good music while playing.

But again, I'm not forcing anyone to feel the same.

That said...

...can you tell me which are Tails' lines of dialogue? I admit, I have some grasp in telling which are his and which are Amy's.

I'm not a Boom lover or a Boom hater, I'm keeping my eye out as it looks interesting, but just some things that I feel need addressing

Something I have to say regarding the whole " you've only seen X amount/mins of level/gameplay footage so you can't judge the whole game". I'm going to repeat what I said to others about Hogfather's Lost World preview.

It's a demo, something that is made PURPOSEFULLY, to get people interested in the game, the story, the gameplay. It's something that is meant to make you want more, it's meant to make you excited for the game and get involved in the world off the game. If people are not liking the game after the demo, then the demo has failed, sure you will always have a few who don't like it, that's because people are different. But if the majority of people do not like the demo , something that is made with the aim of getting people interested, then there is a problem with the demo, indicating that there is ( generally) a problem with the game.

Also before you guys start saying "They said there was other more sonicy bits that haven't been shown yet!" I ask, where is it? Surely you'd be showing off the whole game? Or at least showing this gameplay with the initial trailer to let people know that there was some sort if similar gameplay. If not then, then why haven't they shown us this footage after all the complaints, surely they would want to do some sort of damage control showing off something that isn't the questionable gameplay. Seriously, the game is out in a few months, most of the production should have finished and be I to the post production/quality checking stage by now? They should have that footage able to show us.