Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Can this just stop in general. This really isn't adding to the discussion and we are just going on a back and forth loop and Sega's whole financial situation. Can't that be left to another topic. This is starting to derail way past gameplay discussion.

Oops but I replied just hogfather's post. Plus other people post non-Sonic Boom gameplay too. Why are you blame only me?

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Sammy can't shut SEGA down, neither can SEGA shut Sammy down. They are like brothers, neither of them are in charge. They were two companies who were merged together.

Because you are the only one who does this constant financial talks that you probably don't understand for some stupid personal reason I cannot fathom? And you do it REALLY often in a large number of topics that are unrelated and everyone is getting extremely tired of it, assuming they already aren't tired of it?

1. that post is just replied Someone opinion.

2. OK Even if I can't understand finance. Who understand it?.

3. Actually Most of Asians hate Sega because of Steam locks. Not just my personal reason.

3. Actually Most of Asians hate Sega because of Steam locks. Not just my personal reason.

Some, currently absent, evidence to prove this testimony would be nice.

Some, currently absent, evidence to prove these would be nice.

please don't add more to the fire

Just responding to him alone is adding more fuel to the fire if you ask me.

Sorry, that submission doesn't cut it by a long shot.

This has just been off-topic conjecture and doesn't belong in this thread.

It certainly doesn't even click as a valid reason to cancel Boom.

Guys, I think we should probably get back on topic now. It's far too early to be talking about sales anyway to be honest.

I'm interested with the whole food thing. I'd love a Sonic cake for my birthday but they don't really do those kinds of birthday cakes here in France.

Trading cards? Yes. Will I buy them? Yes. Will there be a game based around it? Probably. Will it last? Probably not. Can any card game stand up to Pokemon, Magic and Yugioh? Nope. Will it even have that much money put into it anyway? Abso-the fuck-lutely not.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, I think we should probably get back on topic now. It's far too early to be talking about sales anyway to be honest.

I'm interested with the whole food thing. I'd love a Sonic cake for my birthday but they don't really do those kinds of birthday cakes here in France.

Ok. I will

anyway on topic. I won't buy ANY Sonic Boom related merchandise if Sonic Boom game review score(metascore) is under 78.00 Because in my country, buying bad game related merchandise is one of the ridiculous, awful, and stupid behavior.

I doubt SEGA would really undo all the work Sonic Team has done over the years, anyway.

I dunno, these are the same people who think changing up the gameplay style every two to three games is a good idea.

I dunno, these are the same people who think changing up the gameplay style every two to three games is a good idea.

That's not exactly the same as wiping out an entire universe in exchange for a new one.

That's not exactly the same as wiping out an entire universe in exchange for a new one.

No, but it does show how careless they are. And it's not limited to gameplay, that's just the biggest. They go to great extremes every time they make a new game.

Not hard to imagine a wipe from them.

No, but it does show how careless they are. And it's not limited to gameplay, that's just the biggest. They go to great extremes every time they make a new game.

Not hard to imagine a wipe from them.

Changing a gameplay style isn't "carelessness", it's them going "all right, let's try this and see if this works".

And besides, as far as mainline Sonic games go, the "changing the gameplay every two/three games" thing only started with Unleashed. Every game before then was still very-much Adventure-like in style, gimmicks notwithstanding.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Changing the gameplay style after 3 or so games" is something all SEGA developers have done ever since SEGA does video-games. You can be sure even if Boom is successful, by the 4th installment they'll be trying to change it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Changing a gameplay style isn't "carelessness", it's them going "all right, let's try this and see if this works".

Which is careless. You take a gamble every time you do that, you divide the fanbase every time you do that, there's at least six different formulas Sonic had in just the main-console line. Classic, Adventure, Heroes, Shadow, Boost, and now Lost World.

That's careless.

You can add to it, you can even slightly modify it. But changing is reckless.

Which is careless. You take a gamble every time you do that, you divide the fanbase every time you do that, there's at least six different formulas Sonic had in just the main-console line. Classic, Adventure, Heroes, Shadow, Boost, and now Lost World.

That's careless.

You can add to it, you can even slightly modify it. But changing is reckless.

gimmicks notwithstanding.

Heroes and Shadow are just different takes on Adventure. Remove the guns and vehicles from Shadow, the team mechanic from Heroes, and you basically have Adventure gameplay. Classic is 2D, so I'm not counting that; I'm talking strictly 3D here.

So by my count, that's Adventure (5 games), Boost (3 games) and Lost World (1 game). Only three. So this changing of gameplay styles isn't as constant as you're making it out to be.

• Thumbs Up 5

Heroes and Shadow are just different takes on Adventure. Remove the guns and vehicles from Shadow, the team mechanic from Heroes, and you basically have Adventure gameplay. Classic is 2D, so I'm not counting that; I'm talking strictly 3D here.

So by my count, that's Adventure (5 games), Boost (3 games) and Lost World (1 game). Only three. So this changing of gameplay styles isn't as constant as you're making it out to be.

If you don't feel like counting gimmicks, then so be it. I do. Heroes was entirely centered around it. Very different from what the Adventures gave.

It controlled different, felt different, it was its own thing. Entirely different mechanics

• Thumbs Up 3

If you don't feel like counting gimmicks, then so be it. I do. Heroes was entirely centered around it. Very different from what the Adventures gave.

It controlled different, felt different, it was its own thing. Entirely different mechanics

Even if you do count Heroes as its own thing, that's only one more gameplay style; come SHtH we're right back to Adventure gameplay. And before you say anything about guns/vehicles, from what I've seen in playthroughs you could get through most of SHtH without using either, so what you're left with is basically Adventure with a coat of black paint.

Even if you do count Heroes as its own thing, that's only one more gameplay style; come SHtH we're right back to Adventure gameplay.

Doesn't feel like Adventure to me. Feels like its own thing. Actually, it's more believable to say it's speed-only Sonic Heroes with guns.

And if it IS Adventure, it's a very, very gimped Adventure. Weak spindash that's more similar to Rocket Accel from Heroes, enemies with health bars, narrow pathways, collection missions similar to the Chaotix, and the other attachments.

And before you say anything about guns/vehicles, from what I've seen in playthroughs you could get through most of SHtH without using either,

I really wish you'd wait for me to respond before putting words into my mouth.

Yes, you can get through most of Shadow without it. Most. It's not fun to do so, but you can.

However, there are points in the game you HAVE to use them.

You watched playthroughs, I've actually played them. I can tell you it feels a lot different than it seems.

so what you're left with is basically Adventure with a coat of black paint.

I disagree.

However, I will say that the engine used to create both Shadow and Heroes could be used to create another similar Adventure title. But they're far too different in many aspects from the Adventures to be anything like it. The engine could, yes. But as it stands? No, it's not.

• Thumbs Up 4

I’m going to ask that all discussion of SEGA and Sammy’s finances be avoided entirely in this topic, by Omote or anyone else. Discussion of company finance and SEGA’s public image should be directed to The SEGA finance thread. This goes especially for Omote; while it’s appreciated that you quickly got back on topic, I ask that in the future you avoid the discussion of finance entirely.

Now, if one wants to discuss Sonic Boom’s large marketing effort and such, that is relevant to this thread and so is fine. But in depth analysis of the financial situation should probably be avoided (e.g. discussing the Boom merch is one thing, discussing how much it’s impacting the stock price or quarterly report is another).

please don't add more to the fire

Just responding to him alone is adding more fuel to the fire if you ask me.

In the future, if you take issue with a post for any reason, please report it to the moderator team so that we can take care of it, rather than replying in this manner.

• Thumbs Up 9

I’m going to ask that all discussion of SEGA and Sammy’s finances be avoided entirely in this topic, by Omote or anyone else. Discussion of company finance and SEGA’s public image should be directed to The SEGA finance thread. This goes especially for Omote; while it’s appreciated that you quickly got back on topic, I ask that in the future you avoid the discussion of finance entirely.

Now, if one wants to discuss Sonic Boom’s large marketing effort and such, that is relevant to this thread and so is fine. But in depth analysis of the financial situation should probably be avoided (e.g. discussing the Boom merch is one thing, discussing how much it’s impacting the stock price or quarterly report is another).

In the future, if you take issue with a post for any reason, please report it to the moderator team so that we can take care of it, rather than replying in this manner.

Ok. I will. 

but link is error now, and where is Sega's finance thread? 

You know what?

I'll buy and play Rise of Lyric, without reading reviews or opinions.

Then I'll write my own review/opinion. And it will be the most polite, anger-less, impartial review/opinion you'll ever read!

• Thumbs Up 2