Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Again, I just think they haven't done a great job marketing it. There's obviously more depth to the combat than what we've been shown, I mean, did you guys know that robots can drop fcuking trombone guns?

• Thumbs Up 2

LOL. Mario could probably get away with this. Oh its Mario! Should be fun!

LOL but seriously, if you like the werehog gameplay then you this game should be fun for you. Maybe.

I guess that's why I think Hyrule warriors looks fun. Combat games are my thing I guess.

Mario gets away with pretty much everything that isn't Sticker Star. But we pretty much know this is a better game than sticker star, so Mario could get away with it.

Mario gets away with pretty much everything that isn't Sticker Star. But we pretty much know this is a better game than sticker star, so Mario could get away with it.

Wow never knew people didn't like sticker star. I have only heard good things about it.

Mario was made to fit into any type of game-play genre so of course he could get away with something like "Boom"...

Even if most people would see him as a platformer specifically that doesn't limit what his games could be, since he could very easily fit into most genres of gaming.

It just sucks that sonic tries something different and everyone's mind is thinking how speed will work with sonic. Even me.

But of course we think that because its sonic, the fastest thing alive.

Anything slow it gets bad reactions. Well mostly.

Sonic boom looks fun and I can't wait to try it out.

Its probably the type of game some are not into.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because obviously the moment you are something you're never allowed to change.

Sonic has a defined series staple game-play element, so when that element is gone that's the 1st thing people are going to notice. You can change the set up of your games, but you can NOT remove the element that made the games iconic in the 1st place. Some can get over it, others can't. Its something that can't be helped really.

I'm just glad we got Some speed on here that's all. The speed levels or whatever they are called. It looks fun.

I keep remembering that this is a spin off and it is not our main sonic game.

My problem with Boom isn't because it is different or Sonic is slow.

My problem with Boom is that it looks boring.

Mario may not get away with it you know. But we may never know as Nintendo would not release something like this for Mario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 9

It just sucks that sonic tries something different

On this subject, Sonic's tried a lot of things different. In fact, almost every main-series game, Sonic tries something different. Mario's not as sporadic as this. The most different game I think was Sunshine, but even then, the core Mario gameplay remained the same, but the water shooting gimmick was still a part of it.

3D Mario's general control has stayed the same from 64 to (at least) Galaxy 2. Where as Sonic has jumped from Adventure 1 to almost everything else under the sun.

Adventure 1 (speed) was a decent transition from classic. 64 Mario was a decent transition from the classic Mario games. Mario stayed streamlined, Sonic did not.

It's pretty understandable why people would be wary of change.

Of course, Mario has several other games and they do all reasonably well. But a lot of the games that do well let you know, from the start, it's different.

Ranging from titles like Mario RPG to Mario Kart. Sonic does good sometimes, with that, for instance, Sonic Battle -- that wasn't an incredibly fast game either, though Sonic's speed element was obvious enough.

Boom is a spinoff, sure, but look at the title: Sonic Boom. I could see any normal Sonic game being titled Sonic Boom. It would have probably been better off being titled Sonic Brawler, or Sonic Beat-em-up. But there's a whole marketing issue with that.

Still, there's people out there who are judging it by its quality alone, but there's going to be a lot more wondering why it's so crazy-different.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, thinking on my earlier points...

I think the lack of online coop will hurt sales among the older fans even more. Even if the game was of run of the mill quality, being able to play it online with friends probably would have probably helped sway some people to buy it; who doesn't like a party game? Even moreso because it means that after you beat the game, you won't just let it gather dust; you'll be playing it regularly with friends. Unfortunately, unless your friends are all in the same area as you, good luck doing that now.

As it stands, a lot of older fans won't have many friends to play it with IRL. I think this is especially true in North America, as it seems less socially acceptable for adult fans to be open about their liking of Sonic here.

I have another positive: That pollution plant level with Sonic and Amy actually looks pretty well designed and fun unlike The Pit. If there is a consistent theme going on here where the levels get better and better I might actually buy the game close to release. I hope they improve the performance and the allegedly bad controls though.

I understand that it looks boring to some, well most people. Not that fast, people not into combat. Sonic. Lol. At least it looks fun to me. But it still sucks that its getting a lot of hate.

I'm glad the graphics got improved, I'm pretty sure the game is gonna look good when its out.

Let's not keep reminding people why they don't like it ; - ; the topic may blow up again.

I'll say I can tell Knuckles will probably be the least fun of the bunch, personally. Too slow seeing as his normal counterpart threw blows like M.E. threw that rhythm : P

But everyone else looks like they'll be a blast to play and their stages will reflect.

I'll probably be sonic since he'll probably have faster moves. And for combat I like to beat the crap out of my enemies fast with nice combo's and stuff.

I can see Amy being really fun too with her hammer.

Tails is someone who I'm curious about since he wasn't even in the demo to play with. So I'm hoping he got some good moves. I already like the lasers gun he used in the first trailer. Or was it a gun? Idk lol.

My positive is the cutscene dialogue seems nice. The in-game sucks and is EXTREMELY repetitive, but the cutscenes are good.

Hopefully the repetition will be toned down a bit in the final product?

Let's not keep reminding people why they don't like it ; - ; the topic may blow up again.

I'll say I can tell Knuckles will probably be the least fun of the bunch, personally. Too slow seeing as his normal counterpart threw blows like M.E. threw that rhythm : P

But everyone else looks like they'll be a blast to play and their stages will reflect.

Huh, Knuckles is actually the character I'm looking forward to using most. He looks powerful, and I find his special abilities to be the most interesting of the bunch (climbing, hanging, digging). Amy's a close second for me though, which is funny because I've never really been excited to play as her before. I dunno, something about her gameplay just looks fun to me. I'm sure they'll all be a blast to play, though.

Huh, Knuckles is actually the character I'm looking forward to using most. He looks powerful, and I find his special abilities to be the most interesting of the bunch (climbing, hanging, digging). Amy's a close second for me though, which is funny because I've never really been excited to play as her before. I dunno, something about her gameplay just looks fun to me. I'm sure they'll all be a blast to play, though.

I'm most pumped for Sonic and Tails but I gues it's just my preference for Knuckles combat in SA2 I like the monkey bars though. Plus, Amy does indeed look fun to play. I guess Knuckles flaw, to me, is that his punches are so slow and if going solo would be quite tedious (for me) but I can definitely see his appeal. Again Sonic looks key fun to me as I always know how to manipulate his moves and spindashs ; P and Tails because of his glide no lie. Looks like a fun move to pull off with the snazzy animation.

On the topic of story... I think it's already been mentioned, but someone finally made the idea a reality:

lingering_shadows_by_sariels_hope-d7no77

I think such a plot device could only rival SA3 in how much "YEAHHH!" and "NOOO!" would be screamed simultaneously.

I mean, I still think it's more likely Sonic just defeated Lyric in the past due to going back in time later on in the game (much like Shadow and Mephiles), but... it is one possible direction to take things.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd rather see a reuse of 'hero sealed villain in the past without knowing it at first' cliche' than see another case of someone stupidly mistake one person for another personally.

EDIT: Or just be colorblind. Either way it's really silly. I'll admit that sounds okay as some new backstory for Shadow by having him as some way-ward hero in the past who became both powerful and immortal, but nothing so far really suggests that he'll show up in the game or be some big mystery that awaits reawakening.

Not going to happen. The story involves time travelling, and there's all there's ancient works of art depicting Sonic and co'. Shadow's not going to get thrown into the mix, at least not as a main character in the game (and I doubt he's going to appear at all).

• Thumbs Up 2