Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Question #16: If you could have one Sonic character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

My ideal Sonic character movepool, huh… 

Out of all the characters’ abilities, powers and skills, the ones that I find the most ideal for me would be from…

Zor_facing_Sonic_in_Lava_Mountain.png

Yep, this perpetual mope. 

For starters, like the rest of the Zeti, Zor has a sort of technokinesis/magnokinesis, meaning that he could control all sorts of machines. Say what you will about Eggman and his skills with robotics, but all of the technological prowess in the world could potentially amount to jack squat if your opponent could just as easily assume direct control of your mechanical creations and have them all turn against you. In addition to this, as shown in his second Wii U battle, he also has some level of super strength, shown by him destroying the blocks that Sonic is restricted to, as well as a measure of levitation. While I could live without the ability to basically bounce around like the ball from Breakout, the super strength could be plenty handy in a pinch. He could also shoot off homing ki blasts, but only after getting supercharged on the world’s extracted energy, so I guess that doesn’t count for the purposes of this question.

What I want the most from this ultra-nihilist, however, is the ability to “utilize powers so dark and forbidden that none of the others dare use them”. In game, as far as the Wii U version is concerned, this was most shown by his ability to manipulate shadows.

Zor_Shadow_Clones.png

You see, in his second Wii U battle, he was able to manipulate a couple shadow bats and transform them into shadow duplicates equally as powerful as him. Combine that with a darkened environment, and it could be potentially lethal ability. As a person who generally prefer dimmer areas, this is most ideal to me. Not only I would be able to essentially clone myself, as far as I’m concerned, I would essentially have an unlimited source of materials that I could control to my heart’s content. Also, being able to gang up on people in dark environments would be extremely useful as well, if a tad too easily abusable.

So, to sum all this up, Zor’s powers would be plenty useful to use… just as long as his pessimism is part of the deal.
  • Thumbs Up 5

*snip snip snip*

Once again, Homem said it better than I ever could. That's exactly why having so much intelligence appeals to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16: What power would I want?

I'd take Tails' abilities. He has the power to fly. That's like, the number one thing that everyone has daydreamed about at some point. Forget driving- hell, forget WALKING. Forget needing ladders or taking elevators. 

Also, he's fast. Not as fast as Sonic or whatever, but since when does he need to be in order to be useful? Sonic's powers would probably come with some horrific downside. Running at the speed of sound also probably means being able to trip at the speed of sound. And super strength probably comes with tearing my own hair out when using shampoo. Flying really fast and being able to stick the landing is all I need. 

ZWOOSH

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY 16 OF 30

WHAT POWER WOULD I WANT

I'm gonna be super boring and say Sonic's speed.

I don't need a car, bike, or any vehicles and I can just run to a place in 1 second flat.

andicanfinallygettoschoolontime

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Chaos Control would be the most convenient in daily life. I could literally procrastinate about an hour longer on my school assignments if I could completely cut out the traveling time to even get there. But while convenience is handy it isn't all that fun, so I tend to lean back and forth between that and just Sonic's entire repertoire. After all, why drive when you could just Parkour up skyscrapers? As much as a chicken of heights as I am, I'm confident I would be much different if I was certain I could fall from space and land somewhere flat just fine; ergo, I'd be taking risks left and right just for the hell of it. Sonic's powers seem to lend themselves to his affinity for extreme sports too, and I've always had an admiration of boarding sports. Use to skate a little when I was younger anyway. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 Challenge: One character's abilities/powers/skills/etc. 

15/30 Challenges Completed

BeanandBark.png

Let's see what today's challenge is...

Oh, I see! Well, this shall be another--

Planet Freedom

I don't know why, but I feel so good inside knowing that you mentioned Planet Freedom. 

Ahem, anyways, I honestly just have to go with Sonic's speed. 

SonicsSpeed.png

Goodness, do you not know how fast I'll be able to get to places? Heck, I'll even be able to save tons of money on gas! Yeah, you sit down and think about that. Saving money on gas. It really just got a bit serious in here once I brought that to the table! It seems like now with all that extra money being saved I can take multiple vacation's every year!  Seriously, I always just wish I could be as fast as Sonic. His speed would be extremely beneficial in every day life. 

Bad guys try and attack? Pfffttt.... Go around and mess with them. 

3192338-2067814167-tumbl.jpg\\

People try and challenge me in a race? I'll leave them saying...

GearsandStarters-1.png

OH, MY GEARS AND STARTERS...

I think I rest my case on having Sonic's speed ability. 

16/30 Challenges Completed

• Thumbs Up 5

Two word posts essentially count as spam. We require people to explain their opinions with some semblance of depth to substantiate them.

Gotcha.

I choose Silver. He may be the speed of the average..human, but he can fly, pick stuff up with his mind, and...he's fuckin' Silver!

Silver. Doy.

Two word posts essentially count as spam. We require people to explain their opinions with some semblance of depth to substantiate them.

• Thumbs Up 2

#16:

Silver's Powers.

Sonic-Generations-Silver-artwork.png

He might not be my favorite character in the series, I have to admit that he has some pretty sweet abilities.

Super speed (Sonic Rivals series {his canon intro to the series, remember?})

Flight

Psychokinesis (which includes attacks like the Psychic Knife, Energy Blasts, Psychic Control, and Meteor Smash)

Homing Attack

Spin Dash

Day 16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

I would want Dr. Eggman's brilliant mind for starters. All that knowledge at your disposal would be satisfying I feel. I can imagine myself actually getting way better grades than what I have now and back in grade school for starters, lol. Not only that, with all that intelligence I can BUILD MY OWN SPACE STATION IN THE MOLD OF MY VISAGE, WITH KICK-ASS LASERS AND CRAP, MY OWN AIRSHIP WITH FULLY FUNCTIONING POOL AND MINI-BAR, AAAAAAAAAAND MY OWN PERSONAL HOVERCRAFT THINGAJIG FOR MY ADEQUATE TRAVEL NEEDS WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THA-

Erm...yes. Robotnik's intelligence. Yup.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, this is a tough one.

I would love to be as smart of Eggman is for starters. Yeah, brawn's nice and all, but brains? You know what you could do with a 300 IQ? You'd be pretty much unstoppable. *looks at Sonic* Okay, maybe not unstoppable, but really, who can go wrong with such a high intelligence?

I'd also like Sonic's speed or Shadow's ability to use Chaos Control. Those would work as well.

Oh, this is an easy one.

Omochao!

With his amazing powers of irritation, I could annoy my enemies into submission, and if that plan backfired, I could come back, again and again! Plus, he can fly. Don't we all want to fly?

Ok, seriously, since it'd be a tough choice between Sonic's speed and Silver's telekinesis, I'll just take a third option and go with Espio's powers. Invisibility would be a pretty cool power, of not especially useful in everyday life. Also, while he may not be able to break the sound barrier, Espio's still pretty damn fast, and he can cling to walls indefinitely. Plus, he's got those shiruken stars and knows how to use them. With all these powers together, I could stealthily take out my enemies like a boss.

I was going to go with Silver's psychic powers like everyone else, but then I remembered how versatile Tails can be. He's good with machines, he can fly, his super form is the most unique, and he may or may not be able to reverse his own death. Oh, and he can run almost as fast as Sonic.

And Dr. Eggman, of course, has been able to be a bigger threat than literal gods using only his intelligence.

But doesn't he always get taken down by people who favor physical skill?

Day 16~! :D Wanted Special Ability? 

. . . Hmmm~~~~ I want ALL OF THEM! 8DDDDD *shot*

. . . Okay fine I'd use CHAOS CONTROL and teleport spam all around the country and Japan to ride trains. :3 Yesh I would use it for train riding. xDD 

I want Eggman's super intelligence. If I was one of the smartest people on the planet, I could do whatever I want. I could make boatloads of money off of inventions. I could build whatever I want and do whatever I want. It would be possible for me to run a corporation, rise up for political power and eventually have the entire world in my grasp. And if I don't feel like being a politiatian I can just build an unstoppable army of robots to take it by force :P

my greatest dream is to have the world at my mercy

Day 17: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

I'd like to be able to go fast.

Seriously though, Sonic's abilities are the one I'd go with. Assuming I have the reflexes to go with it, it'd be fun to just run around without a care in the world. And help people. And possibly deliver pizzas or something. Sonic also has a ridiculously easy time balancing which would be nice for clumsy ol' me.

I'd also be able to run right into things at high speed without being hurt, if the boost is any indication. Though uh, I can't imagine running into people would be a good idea...

Also, while it's not exactly a natural ability--though it being a Skill in Generations suggests he can do it on his own--Time Break would be useful alongside the super speed. Being able to react to stuff by making everything all slow motion-y would be useful.....and it makes voices sound funny which would be endlessly entertaining.

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Without a doubt, I'd go for Silver's Psychokinesis. The ability to be able to lift objects with my mind and warp at high speeds would make life so much easier and fun! Just think about it. If I have a very heavy object I can't lift with my strength, I can just use my mind. 

The benefits of having such speed are many. I wouldn't need a car anymore and that would save me time and money as that would mean:

• No spending money on high and currently rising gas prices
  • No spending money on vehicle maintenance
  • No spending money on car notes
  • No spending money on car insurance
  • No spending money on decals, taxes, fees and other costs associated with having a car

As for time, I would get to my destinations extremely quickly without me having to worry about being late. I would save a lot of time on travelling too. Sonic can travel at 760+ miles per hour, right? I'm driving to Atlanta tomorrow, and it's going to take me about 10 hours to get there as it is a 600 mile drive. Assuming that I get there with Sonic's speed an my math is right, I would get to where I am in Virginia to Atlanta, Georgia in just over 47 minutes. That's is incredible, especially considering how much time I could save and all the ways I could use it wisely. Like sleeping for example. wink.png

Not to mention I could weave through this mess in no time flat:

VO8KHtP.jpg?1

The traffic in Northern Virginia seems to get worse by the day. sad.png

You'd actually be better off with Chaos Control if that's the case, because not only would it do all of that, but it does it in less than 10 seconds than the minutes you'd have with Sonic's speed. :P

Eggman's IQ of course.

With an IQ exceeding 300 you could eventually work up to having all the power you could possibly want. I also don't blame Eggman for being fat, because why would you ever put forward any physical effort into anything if you have a legion of multi-purpose robots to do your bidding? You could even create contraptions to equal or exceed the power of any character in the series. Think about it. A super fast jet that can teleport and transform into a mech with telekinetic capabilities. BOOM! Best power ever. Case closed

This is a no-brainer for me, but Shadow's abilities, including his Chaos Control (which appears to be usable to some degree without a Chaos Emerald, but not with the same potentcy) and his Chaos-derived abilities (which are somewhat inconsistently portrayed, but whatever), plus a ton of power locked away for when it's absolutely needed. That, and he's pretty much on par with Sonic in every way; even if he lost his Chaos powers, he'd still be Sonic's equal in terms of strength and agility.

You'd basically be a living weapon, which isn't inherently good or bad, but it depends on the choices one makes. I can use those powers to help people and make the world a better place, or place it under my thumb and have people send me money to not use my powers (and if someone steps up and tries to stop me... well). And, hey, with the money people send me, I can pay somebody smart to actually run the world, while I just hang back and do what I want unless I'm needed for something specific; they just need to remember their place, lest I "fire" them.

Or I can just tear around without a care in the world, warping to places I've never been and just generally abusing the convenience of said abilities...

Day 16: Whose superpowers would you steal in the event of a Class C Dimensional Breech?

As ridiculous as it would be to have super speed, or to fly, or any number of things, the effect that they would have on the human body may border on catastrophic depending on how it is applied (I'm looking at you, Rabbit What Flies with Ears). A much safer and more profitiable bet, then, would be to steal the intellect of Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. Think of it: why would I want to run fast when I can make robots that run faster? Or fly? Or fly with their ears? Or enslave the human race You get the picture. The versatility is a key asset here, and indeed seems to outrank the other abilities in this regard. Of course, there's the possibility I'll go quite mad and make a pair of robots that mock me endlessly, and get trashed routinely by some furry half-wit, but we all gotta push the envelope eggvelope sometime.

I often wish I had Sonic's abilities. While Eggman's or Silver's powers may be more potent, I've always enjoyed the sense of freedom I'd feel if I were able to run around the world without getting tired, running up walls and across oceans.

Most embarrassing post this year.

Tough call. Another question where there are so many likely answers...

I'd also like to say Eggman's genius, or Emerl's copy skill, or indeed, Shadow's teleportation. However, my choice is less obvious, and considerably less useful.

I choose Chaos' ability to liquidise himself.

I mean, it does have uses- just, not quite as blatant ones. For instance, you're basically invincible if you're made of water, right ("Oh no, our weapons are useless" springs to mind)? Not that I'd really have much use for such a power. Plus you can travel through pipes and things. Might not equal the same kind of speed Sonic has, but it'd still be pretty convenient.

...I wonder if Chaos evaporates...?

Day 16: Who's powers would you want to have?

Oh this is gonna be tough but ultimately I'm gonna have to go with shadow. Think about it, I can run just as fast as sonic but in addition to that I'm also blessed with teleportation, energy blasts (chaos spear and blast), time manipulation (chaos control), limited flight (via chaos control as seen in Shadow the Hedgehog), limited super strength (as seen in shadow the hedgehog), and to top it all off, a super form. That guy has it all.