Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Day #15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

I can't do super-high voices like Cream or deep voices like Knuckles and Espio, but other than that? Yep. At least, I feel I can do good impressions. I do practice a lot, so.../shrug

Let's see, I can do Blaze (she sounds pretty close to my actual voice anyway, just with a slight accent), Shadow, Tails, Amy, Jaleel White's Sonic, current Sonic I guess(kinda sounds like a mix of Griffith, Drummond, and Smith and it sounds a bit odd even to me), Silver, Vector(well, the "find the computer room" line, anyway...anything else sounds weird), Dreamcast-era Eggman(I think...), and Zazz.

I wish I could record my impressions, but 1) I don't have a mic, and 2) my mom's always in the house and I feel weird singing or voice acting in front of anyone.

Day 15: Impression skills.

No, I cannot do an impersonation of any character. Not a good one, anyway. I'm basically a black hole of skill and talent.

Maybe I can KINDA do Jason Griffith's Shadow because he's got a really generic whispery voice but that's about it. 

Question #15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

No no no no no. I suck so much at impersonations. I do at times like to try and impersonate Dr. Eggman but it's not that great. I think I also tried doing Knuckles' voice once but yeah that didn't go well. tongue.png

Uh, no. I don't have any talents like that.

where do you come up with these crusher god damn this one just makes me sad

Am I able to do a good impression of any character? Why, yes! Of course! I can perfectly mimic the best voice acting and line in the entire series:

I gotta tell you, holding my nose and going "SAHNEC! SAHNEC!" always fills me with the joy that I'm spreading the word of the best installment in the series. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha!

Ha. Ha. Ha.

*silence*

*KOFF* *KOFF*

Yeah, I can't do any.

I can't do any impressions, especially not Sonic characters. I'm not even that great at speaking regularly.  I could maybe do a Jaleel White impersonation if I tried to make myself sound as obnoxious as possible! Impressions are a skill I would like to get better at, but for the time being I'm pretty terrible with everything related to voice.

All my friends say I sound like a stoner anyways

No...

Not like most character's voices are that distinguished anyway. Robotnik and Eggman impersonations are the only ones that are actually impressive.

Day 15: Hey Soma, remember that time when you would do all the voices to entertain your little bro and could not never do Knuckles ever because your voice was too high, and it forever haunted you that you couldn't do the voice of your then favorite character?

No.

;^;

• Thumbs Up 3

Like a lot of people here, I can't imitate any Sonic characters to save my life. Then again, I haven't had much practice in voice acting so maybe I'm just inexperienced. I guess I could do an Eggman impression if I tried, but I doubt it would be very good...

Day 15: Can you do a impression of any Sonic character out there?

Not that I can record it off the bat, but if you want to know for yourself, just hit me up on Skype and I'll try to entertain you live, at the risk of my own throat.

That's it, pretty much. Was this question deliberately easy to answer without much in-depth analysis to it to give the members a break for one day?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jaleel Sonic, Martin Sonic, Ryan Sonic, Roger Sonic... I can do all of these decently. I really wanted to include some examples because this question really speaks to the part of the fandom that I was really involved in a while back, but unfortunately they're all on my other hard drive.

So I'll just talk a little about my Sonic voice. It's sort of a cross between Jaleel and Ryan, but with a little bit of energy thrown in. Attitude-wise, Roger's Sonic kinda reminded me of my own when I heard his Colours voice for the first time.

I'll try to include some examples later even if they're attached to another answer.

I can only do one voice really well and that's Cream. And I mean the annoying, horribly voiced Cream from 4Kids. XP

Other than that though...not too great at doing impressions. Though I often make fun of the way Jason Griffith's voice goes up and down in tone.

Day 15

Old_Man_Owl.png

Not the best in the world but I think I've got the mannerisms pretty much sorted.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it's beyond anyone's voice skills to do a Big impression.

Fwoggy?

Somethings bitiiiing!

but whether it's kinda socially acceptable is another matter! XD

So no, not really. No impressions for me.

Day 15: Question: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

Eh, I think that I do a good impression of Cream:

Pc5SxKv.png?1

Imitating Cream's high-pitched voice really makes my cheeks hurt though, but despite that it's fun to do. smile.png

And for the record, I actually tried to do a voice for Marine:

tHFuE5y.png?1

Hilarity ensued with me trying to vocalize an Australian accent with this fluctuating American accent of mine. tongue.png

My apologies for not having any of these voice impressions available, as I currently have a severe sore throat and my voice is shot. This would of worked perfectly if this was the question for Day 14 at the very least as I was fine the day before. sad.png

Now as for a character who I would like to do a good impression of, that would be Tails:

p8F49A4.png?1

Tails as always had a voice (for the most part) that was cute and adorable as a young boy, something I think I could pull off if I was to practice at it really hard. happy.png  

That's Day 15 done...that means we are halfway done with this baby! Bring on the second half of the fun! wink.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Silver02.png

I can do a pretty decent Silver impression, albeit, I need to hold my nose to do it. Yeah, it gets kinda awkward sometimes (and frankly I still need to get the mannerisms under control too).

EspioNew.png

Espio's voice (especially Troy Baker's portrayal of it) is very similar to my regular voice which honestly makes the whole ordeal a lot easier. It's nowhere near great, but once again I'd say I can do a decent enough Espio.

And sometimes when I'm really bored...

BlazeDecal.png

yes, I did not paste the wrong image.

I can legitimately attempt a recreation of Laura Bailey's Blaze sometimes, even though it makes my throat burn up like hell and I should probably stop trying it...

But like I just said, that's only when I have absolutely nothing else in the world to do.

Day 15: Can you do a impression of any Sonic character out there?

Oh, what a strange question, doctor! I guess I can do a Big impression, but everyone could do that...all you have to do is speaking in a simpleton voice. 

There are times, though, were I try to replicate Chikao Otsuka's Eggman, because I love that voice for the good doctor and I couldn't imitate Pollock's voice even if my life depended on it. Then there are the Chao. Everyone can do a Chao.

And, yes, that's about it.

Day #15 - Can you impersonate a Sonic character's voice?

Not any more I can't, I used to be able to impersonate Ryan Drummond as Sonic pretty well, occasionally I'd just recite some of his mor lulzworthy quotes like "AW YEAH THIS IS HAPPENIN" but only as a joke, I've never seriously tried to voice someone so I guess... No? :c

150px-S.T.H._-_Artwork_-_2_%28Doom%27s_E           185px-Sonic_Channel_-_Espio_The_Chameleo

I am nowhere close to being voice actor material, as I struggle to even keep my own tone of voice consistent. Rarely have I tried to imitate characters since childhood, but I decided to have a stab at it for the sake of the topic. While most of the cast seem practically impossible for me to achieve, I can do a decent Black Doom, I suppose, along with something resembling Espio if I try really hard.

Hm. Well, I used to be able to do a reasonable Jet the Hawk...

I ended up performing Jet for a friend's audio drama they were writing for a school project. That was quite a few years ago, and I have no idea if a copy of it exists to show you guys. It's probably not great, looking back. We were all a lot younger, so we all thought we were more capable actors than we were. I guess I can still just about do the voice though, but it hurts more than it's worth.

...I suppose, given it's a similar tone, I might be able to pull off Zazz?

At a push, I could manage an off-sounding Eggman. And with a quick pitch modifier, I could almost pull off Tails and Knuckles. Almost.

Can I do good impressions of Sonic characters?

I actually think so.

Like I can do a good Sonic, Shadow, Zor, Zavok, Espio, Vector, Zik and another few others voice impressions.

I could do a decent Deem Bristow Eggman voice along with AoStH and SatAM Robotnik voices but my voice could never do a Pollock voice, he's just too awesome for me to do.

I can't do Tails or Charmy that well and don't expect me to do any female characters.

Hmm, maybe I should make a video of my impressions?

According to my brother I can pull off Jaleel  White's Sonic/Sonia/Manic perfectly. Aside from openly mocking Sonic Underground I don't think I've ever even tried to voice anybody soo.....no, not really.

[ Day 15 : Sonic Character Impressions ]

When I was younger, I used to be able to do Cream and Cheese pretty well, but not any longer. :c - Other than that, I don't think I can do any accurate impressions of any of the characters, as much as just their archetypes.  I think it would be cool to be able to do an accurate representation of Blaze, maybe.  Or Nicole just so I can do shitty computer voices. XP - SA1 and SA2 Tails would also be fun to do on occasion. <3  Also, SA2 Rouge.