Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

My friend and I would occassionally reel off a couple of Big's lines to each other, as well as Omega's "Worthless Consumer Models!". Beyond that I've never tried to impersonate any of the Sonic characters, and I doubt I would be able to. Not particularly fussed to try either, to be honest.

Question #15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

Well, I don't know. Why? Because I never thought of doing such as trying to do Sonic characters impressions, let alone actually doing that.

Hearing various voice-clips from different guys now only makes it clear that none of them actually sound anything like me, so no. I can't do a good impression of any character.

Day 15: Can you do any good impressions of Sonic characters?

I can actually do good voice impressions of certain characters: Roger/Jason/Ryan's Sonic, Quinton's Silver, Troy's Espio, Michael/Dan/Travis' Knuckles, Carter/Keith's Vector, Kirk/David's Shadow, Laura's Blaze, Michelle's Cream, Jon's Big and Corey/Kate's Tails. Most of the times I can do them pretty well, but sometimes I could do some work on them.

The ones who I wish I can do impressions on is: Dr. Eggman, E-102 Gamma, Zavok, Charmy, and Zazz 

I love doing voice impressions of most of my favorite characters! :D

Uhhh. I can do impressions of all 3D Sonic voices to some extent, as well as a poor man's Eggman.... any others? Umm an exaggerated Shadow I guess.

Whenever I'm sure no one is around to hear me, I have the habit to impression the lines of the Deadly Six (yes, I even do Zeena's lines ph34r.png )

The voices I like to imitate the most are Zor's and Zavok's.

tumblr_inline_n2yf9wzlP71spvrli.png

While I have no problem in imitating the lamenting tone of Zor...

tumblr_inline_n362oi8VLy1spvrli.png

...I have yet to know how to perfectly recreate Zavok's evil laugh without choking myself. Seriously, it's really hard!

Day 15: Can you do any good impressions of Sonic characters?

I can do pretty decent impression of Big, Zor and to a bit of a lesser extent, Shadow (Griffith's take, anyway).

The former two aren't too hard to impersonate, but Shadow takes more effort since it's not just using a deep tone.

While my impression of these characters are not exact, I'm at least grateful to my vocal chords can even do these.

I can manage a 'Sonic', I'm not sure what kind of Sonic, but I can definately manage that 'attitude' (sigh...). If pushed, I'd probably mark it up as a mix between RCS, Drummond, and Burke (OVA Sonic), because it kinda varies between those three. I could probably manage a whole OVA Sonic voice, too.

Griffith Shadow is kinda easy, as it's just stereotypical as all hell, and the 'memorable' lines just make it sound so much more like it.

One I used to pride myself in was AOSTH Robotnik, but I haven't tried it for a while, may need to dig out my mic and give that an attempt. It's all about rolling your r's when it comes to that voice. 

Might do a couple of line recordings later, maybe pop them in the voice topic...

Question #15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

Well...this question is different. We usually don't have a single yes or no question from these, but there's no other way to put it. As much as I dislike doing a 30 Days of Sonic in only a couple of sentences, I can't really think of anything that could be added...

So, can I do impressions of the characters? No, I cannot.

Day 15: Character impressions.

No, no, no. I HATE my voice, even when i try to sing by myself i think i sound horrible!
umm, but besides that I can't do a character completely, like I can maybe do a line or two, my best is "No way, I can't believe this!" but even that isnt very good!

I used to be able to do Griffith's Shadow - but alas, that was circa-'06 so not really - if I tried I could probably do a lot of the deeper-voiced characters: Humphrey's Shadow, Baker's Espio etc. But maybe later.

DAY 15: IMPRESSIONS

I actually sorta think I can do a couple of characters! Mostly Sonic. Though to me, when I try to do his voice, I sound like a mishmash of a couple of his voice actors. One moment I could sound like Ryan Drummond, the next I'm Jaleel White, and the next I'm Martin Blurke and you get the idea.

Aside from Sonic, I can do a pretty decent Shadow, though he sounds more like a mix of Jason Griffith and David Humphrey. I also think I could pull of a decent enough Eggman, though I could only do him on a certain time. Knuckles is also another one I can sorta try to do, but dear GOD don't ask me to make him angry. I lose my voice that way...

And believe it or not, I can do (a really fucking creepy sounding) Amy, though that makes me sound like a Lisa Ortiz that was out to kill someone.

I'd love to record these, too. But, I don't have a microphone on me. Maybe some other time, I guess.

Impressions are among the best tricks you can pull in a party! It stands to reason I would practice making different voices. However, I am unable to imitate most of the Sonic cast for one simple reason: they sound too young. I used to have a natural talent for sounding like pretty much anyone when I was young (which resulted mostly in Sylvester Stallone impressions) but as I grew up it became harder and harder to do certain tones; today my voice impression skill is fairly average. If I try to do Sonic, Tails or pretty much any teenage voice it just sounds like an angry countryman.

There are still a few I can do well. I can make a good Eggman impression. I'm not going to post any audio, but it's basically a mix of Deem Bristow and Mike Pollock, only less maniacal - which means it's not quite exact to either version, but could fit reasonably well with the character.

Deeper tones are easier, especially robots like Gamma or Omega. I wish I could make impressions for the main protagonists, but alas, their tones are far too young-sounding and I have difficulty mimicking them. I still love doing impressions in general, though. I do Stallone all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15: Voice Impersonations

Voicing Sonic and its tremendous cast have been a particular staple that had a modest beginning during its first years but became well established in the later years once Sonic Adventure came out. Ryan Drummond, Deem Bristow, Mike Pollock, Roger Craig Smith... these are some names amongst many who contributed the franchise by giving life to the characters with their voices. And since impersonating a voice actor/actress is a common thing, this case also goes for this franchise.

As far as impersonations go, the one I could pull off okay is Sonic's voice performed by Jason Griffith. I can say some of his lines from Sonic '06 such as "It sounds like being a princess isn't that easy", the many moments he cries for Elise, or his botomless pit death "Wuoooooh~", all done on his trademark roller coaster like voice. As you can tell, I make these impersonations in a joking manner for the sole purpose of mocking not only his performance in this terrible game but also Sonic '06 itself.

Day 15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

I've never really tried, to be honest. I've never been amazing at doing impressions. I'm not even sure which character I could do the best impression of. Any female character, no. Tails is too high, Eggman/Robotnik is difficult in general. Maybe Sonic, I guess?

Not much else to say, I'm afraid.

I've always thought of myself that I can do a good Sonic impression, I've also done Mephiles and Black Doom before. Both were just mocking them whenever I impersonated their voices, but still.

I've wanted to do impressions of Zommom or Zazz, but I'm afraid someone's going to hear me despite the fact that I'm the only other human being in the house.ph34r.png

DAY 15 Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

I can't impersonate any one, I just don't have the right voice. I would love to be able to impersonate everyone. I would especially like to pull of any Tails and Bristow's and Pollick's Robotnik. Tails, because he's my favorite character and the Robotniks because I just love both of there Eggmans.

Alas... If only I had a different voice.

Well, I thought I'd attempt recording a few of my impressions. Not all are as good as I thought, but eh, I tried.

Silver: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1FQ3JocCvZb

Conversation between Sonic and Tails (not actually much Sonic here buuut...) :http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lbHCQDVsfw

Shadow: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sfzzb4M1Dw

That's all I can do for now, my mom just got out of the shower. Since I am a girl after all, I was hoping I could do Amy and Blaze too...

Not really, no. I've tried doing every voiced depiction of Sonic known to man, and I suppose my Scott Dreier Knuckles+ Deem Bristow Eggman impression isn't half bad. I do randomly quote certain lines from characters to myself when I'm bored, but that's honestly it. My voice is extremely deep and it drags a bit, so it's hard to impersonate Sonic characters and feel fully satisfied.

My Lex Lang as Neo Cortex impersonation though, now that's another story! :D

~SSMB Has Cleared Inflection Infection Act 15!~

So you made it past the halfway point, you little pests... I will make you all pay for this...

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

super-weaving.jpg

This was also Sonic's hobby in Sonic X for whenever he wasn't sleeping on the goddamn roof.

Earth/Mobius/Planet Freedom/Albuquerque is a world that has given us various individuals with abilities that, to put it bluntly, they shouldn't normally have. These include but aren't limited to hedgehogs who can go at supersonic speeds, hedgehogs who can use telekinesis, and cats with pyrokinesis (see, it's not all just hedgehogs). Not all examples are as blatant or as physical as those ones, but they are all abilities or advantages that you are mostly unlikely to come across in the real world. If they did exist however, and if you - yes, you - were able to have a taste of one character's specific abilities or skills, what would you go for? Sonic's speed? Knuckles' strength? Mephiles' ballet dancing? The choice is yours.

Note: Remember, we're talking about the skills that the characters have on their own. As in, without any Chaos Emeralds and whatever other magical items. So super forms and the sort are out, hut hut.

Crusher's Thoughts: To the surprise of absolutely nobody, I would like to have the brilliant mind of Dr. Robotnik. Having "superpowers" would be all well and good, but I can't help but feel as though they could be a little... cheap (I'm not sure how to explain it), and if you rely on them too much, things can and will go badly wrong for you sooner or later. Whereas with a 300 IQ, you can accomplish without any superpowers what would usually only be accomplished by people with superpowers. That's impressive to me, and so the idea of having such an extraordinary amount of intelligence naturally appeals to me... Not that I would use it for evil purposes, of course I wouldn't.

Also, robots. Robots, gooood. Colossal amount of robots and facilities produced in mere days, gooooooood.

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 5

Shadow was able to use Chaos Control without an Emerald at some point, wasn't he? If so, I pick that one. Time powers are OP as hell. If not, I'd just go for Sonic's speed. It'd be fun to use.

That's a tough one, personally I would love to have sonic's abilities and powers just so I could run all day (and I wouldn't need a car) plus being able to shred things up just by jumping through them or spinning through dirt would be nice.

As a runner up though I would really like blaze's powers too since not only do I really love the power of fire, she can still run pretty fast (just not as fast as sonic) so I would be getting the best of both worlds.

Is this even a question? 

SilverArchiebySenSilv.png

Give me this guy's power set from Sonic Generations any day. I can fly ,lift, bend, and move ANYTHING with my mind. The sky isn't even the limit. Who wouldn't want to take advantage of Psychokinesis? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's/Shadow's Chaos Control.

Just imagine it. You can get to where you want to go in pretty much an instant. You could teleport at will to any place. You can even slow down time without being personally affected by it motion-wise.

If you found someone else who can use it, you can create warps in space-time to travel back or even possibly forwards in time.

The applications of Chaos Control are awesome. And that's why I'd have it as an ability. However, I'd be weary of using it for time travel out of fear that I might cause profound changes in time for the worse and I'd bet that performing it can be disorienting and use up a lot of energy.

I'm going to be boring and pick Silver's psychokinesis. Being able to lift objects with my mind and flying around would be killer.