Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Hm...if I could have a character's powers, I'd have...

29axkpd.jpg

Yes, Bean's expertise of EXPLOSIVO! Oh, the possibilities. Easy money if you apply as demolition worker, cheap fireworks for celebrations, a simpler way to remodel your home, perfect revenge to place in your worst enemy's toilet...oh, and the military potential?

e9axcp.jpg

You've got an army? WE'VE GOT A DUCK.

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 16

I'd have to go with Sonic's speed. It be pretty damn practical while being really fun to use. People could argue Chaos Control is better for travelling but it'd be no where near as exhilarating.

Guess it's time for a sweet 16...

I'd roll with Shadow's agelessness. The Earth and all of creation is just too vast to explore in one lifetime. Showing disease and aging who's boss would fix that problem. Even if I don't inherit the immunity, the fact I'd never age means pretty much every disease is a non-issue.

Sure, everyone I love dies... but that happens anyway so it's kind of a poor argument against it, being subconsciously motivated by the optimistic view there's an afterlife so dying will allow you to see those you've lost again.

Plus Shadow's only immune to aging and disease, not trauma... if at some point I was content with all I'd done and was ready to pass on, it would just be a case of allowing an industrial-sized crusher to give me a hug. Or something quick and painless, preferably.

Or something cool. Like, flying into the Sun while screaming some battlecry! That'd be such a rad way to go.

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Yeah, super speed, super strenght and flying are cool, but I know full well that, if I had super-powers, I would never use them to be a super-hero. So I'll go with the abilities that would make my life easier. I can't decide between Shadow's Chaos Control A.K.A freezing time & teleportation (also, giant explosions) and Espio's invisibility because...reasons.

Speaking off good old Eggman, though...yeah, creating giant robots would be nice. Would it make my life easier? I dunno, having Mazinger Z and Daitarn 3 at your beck and call would surely strike fear in the heart of your opponent. Also, chicks dig giant robots, it seems. (I have yet to watch that show, darn it)

Speaking of girls On an unrelated note...Espio's Invisibilty, though...

Hm... I think for me Eggman's genius and his tenacity; the ability to bounce back with a new hare-brained scheme after someone so kindly foiled his plans! That would certainly be the most useful to me!

But, I'm allowed to use these gifts for things other than evil, right? ;)

Amy_Rose.png

i want Amys hammer ablity. i want to do alot of things like smash boxes and knock people in the shadow relem. i also want the mega hammer from sonic advance 3 and it can create the shock waves. mosty i want to learn to do to jumps with it. it must see cool to do a double jump with that thing. and for it to get bigger when you put the emtions into it like in Sonic X. plus for hitting springs and hammer whrils.

So much choice... The first powers to spring to mind are Shadow's Chaos Control and Silver's telekinesis, since they seem like the coolest abilities to have. Being able to teleport/stop time would be great, but so would controlling the physical world with my mind. The latter would also enable flight...

Other attractive abilities include Sonic's speed and agility and Eggman's incredible intelligence. In the case of the former; I could get anywhere in the world in a relatively short time, react in seconds to danger and have a lot of fun doing it. That kind of beats Shadow's Chaos Control, I suppose. However, with Eggman's mind, I could essentially create an Iron Man-type suit of armour that boasted all of these abilities combined; not to mention have anything else I wanted out of the world.

It really depends what day you ask me, but in this moment, I'm going to go with Eggman. His genius has such far-reaching potential that I could be a superhero, be a truly amazing creative (whether it means art, architecture, writing or robots) and of course hold the power to change the world. The drawback to possessing such a mind is that it could be very stressful and lonely, so the first objective would be to advance our understanding of mental health (well, when I've finished the Iron Man suit, of course).

Day 16: Skills/Powers/Abilities of Any One Sonic Character:

Psychokenesis

Would make litterally 99.9% of life so much simpler. Assuming I'd be the only one with these powers, I could make millions off of stage performance alone.

It's gotta be Shadow and his Chaos-based abilities. Let's rattle off a list from a probably inaccurate Wiki. Super Forms, Chaos Control, Spear, Healing, Guarding, Snap, Blast, Lance.... to name a few. So yeah - all of those was be pretty damn sweet to have.

It's gotta be Shadow and his Chaos-based abilities. Let's rattle off a list from a probably inaccurate Wiki. Super Forms, Chaos Control, Spear, Healing, Guarding, Snap, Blast, Lance.... to name a few. So yeah - all of those was be pretty damn sweet to have.

Except I said that the Chaos Emeralds (and other things like Master Emerald/Wisps/etc) didn't count, so no super forms for yoooouuuu.

Except I said that the Chaos Emeralds (and other things like Master Emerald/Wisps/etc) didn't count, so no super forms for yoooouuuu.

Damn it Crusher xD Well the other stuff is just as good!

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Wow, I like this question. I've honestly never thought about it before. It's a tough one...

Max2.jpg

I guess I'd pick Metal Sonic.

To cast aside the shackles of the flesh and useless emotions. No longer needing to worry over anything, I just follow orders and have no fear, no hesitation, no mercy. Being able to match speed with Sonic and fly for as long as I wanted, failure will not stop me. I'll be rebuilt and try again.

I will still learn from my mistakes and improve my form and abilities to compensate. I will steal your abilities and use them against you, with my own hands I'll reach the top and step on any that would dare get in my way. I wont be restricted like other characters, there is no ability I couldn't take. "The God of Destruction," "The Ultimate Lifeform" they are nothing compared to your Metal Overlord.

Should I still fail? Well, I'll get back up and start all over again. Even at the cost of my free will...

Pretty badass, right?! XD

If I were to have a character's ability, I would go for Tails' flight and intelligence.

It would make school a breeze and can fly wherever the hell I want, while almost breaking the sound barrier.

Who the hell wouldn't want to be a super genius?!

Pretty badass, right?! XD

Careful, son. That's how many a fanfiction writer thinks when they're writing down their fancharacter quotes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles.

Climbing great heights with relative ease combined with slow descension would pretty much 100% cure my acrophobia. Plus, I'd still be able to run relatively as fast as Sonic, burst through tough surfaces like it's birthday cake, and sense the nearness of energy with my inner mind... all while somehow not losing a cowboy hat or cool shades in the process of it all.

Being Knuckles would certainly have it's advantages.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah I forgot Knux could climb. I'm dumb.

...no, I'm not writing a loud angry post about it. :P

I'd roll with Shadow's agelessness. The Earth and all of creation is just too vast to explore in one lifetime. Showing disease and aging who's boss would fix that problem. Even if I don't inherit the immunity, the fact I'd never age means pretty much every disease is a non-issue.

This is a good answer. One thing I lament sometimes is that I see things that are interesting, new, or just cool that I realize I do not have the time at all (much less money and resources) to learn them with any level of notable proficiency or professionalism. But with agelessness- especially with your body at peak physical condition- time is a total non-issue! =D I would just do everything. Rally car, neo circus, live in some mountain village in Sweden for awhile, all of awesome shit to see in the future. Sky's the limit when, well, there is no physical limit.

The only problem with agelessness though is that you must live your life in solitude, unless if you're really willing to see people you make close bonds with grow old and pass away while you remain looking exactly the same for the rest of existence.

Good as it sounds at first, life as Shadow has got to blow, for real.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well there's always Omega to be friends with. He could technically live forever as well.

I get your point, though :P

• Thumbs Up 1

But even Omega's circuits and parts could wear out after so long, unless he was to have his programming ported over to a newer model robot. Would it even be compatible with Eggman's newest hardware?

Cranking up the realism for the sake of being sad for Shadow, aww yeah 8V

But even Omega's circuits and parts could wear out after so long, unless he was to have his programming ported over to a newer model robot. Would it even be compatible with Eggman's newest hardware?

Cranking up the realism for the sake of being sad for Shadow, aww yeah 8V

Who says it has to be Eggman's hardware? Just port his memories and programming and give him an upgrade to whatever the future has available.

...but I digress. This is science fiction at this point. :P

The only problem with agelessness though is that you must live your life in solitude, unless if you're really willing to see people you make close bonds with grow old and pass away while you remain looking exactly the same for the rest of existence.

Good as it sounds at first, life as Shadow has got to blow, for real.

I imagine one could develop the coping mechanisms to handle that, inasmuch that we would simply rely on the current ability we have to rationalize that many of our closest relationships- such as with our parents, grandparents, older relatives, and pets- will end before we die and simply apply it across most people. I'm not entirely convinced agelessness is a trap in that vain. I fear boredom might probably be worse. And even then, this isn't stopping you from doing something idiotic and getting hit by a truck about ten years into the deal anyway. You yourself could still die.

I imagine one could develop the coping mechanisms to handle that, inasmuch that we would simply rely on the current ability we have to rationalize that many of our closest relationships- such as with our parents, grandparents, older relatives, and pets- will end before we die and simply rationalize it across most people. I'm not entirely convinced agelessness is a trap in that vain. I fear boredom might probably be worse. And even then, this isn't stopping you from doing something idiotic and getting hit by a truck about ten years into the deal anyway. You yourself could still die.

Yeah, true. Honestly though, the coping with the age issue all depends on what type of person you are. If you consider the people surrounding you very important to your life then this could be seen as a massive curse. If you're indifferent or can overcome it, then you're alright I guess.

Who says it has to be Eggman's hardware? Just port his memories and programming and give him an upgrade to whatever the future has available.

...but I digress. This is science fiction at this point. tongue.png

Well, I'd imagine someone would have to learn and master coding in Eggman's programming language to port him over to a non-Eggman machine.. then again Tails. :V

(Sorry I'm getting really off track LOL)

Why did they make Shadow immortal again?

Like I get the story reasoning behind it, but did Sonic Team not contemplate the problems with creating an immortal character?

Unless they permanently go 2000 years into the future where Shadow is rationally the only one who could still be alive, his agelessness isn't actually all that relevant to the current confines of the story, a story which can feature a main character's birthday and not actually age him up anyway.