Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 15 OF FUNNY IMPERSONATIONS!

This is going to be one of my less spectalur posts for this, mostly cause I cannot act.

When it comes to doing impersonations of Sonic characters I thought I could do Shadow but eh. I was only hearing what I sound like in my head if that makes sense. If there's any character I can do its actually Big which anyone can do so its pretty moot if you ask me. So in short no.

I've been told that my impressions of Cream are pretty good. My previous impressions on Vocaroo have since expired. But I guess I can provide more smile.png

"Thanks for saving me Mr Sonic! It was scary in the dark but I tried to be brave!" - http://vocaroo.com/i/s1McH9KfXjT1

"I'll help you with the Rings Mr Sonic!" - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0jBxXZAFSOK

"Thanks Sonic! Hey, is it just me or did you get a new haircut?" - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0FvAybfBrjg

"Both of you stop! We're still on television!" - http://vocaroo.com/i/s1v1zp8sB1JW

"That's a terrible thing to call Mr Robot!" - http://vocaroo.com/i/s14IyyIFbZDR

• Thumbs Up 8

Any type of successful Sonic Character impressions:

When I was younger I thought I could do a pretty good Jason Griffith "Sonic" impression...

But in the today time, No...I can't really do any type of impressions whatsoever. My voice is a bit too deep and makes me struggle to keep up the voice when it gets to levels where there would be no sound from my mouth even if I tried. Also to be honest, I don't really like the way my voice sounds in recordings, soooo if I tried doing an impression through one...it still wouldn't sound that great.

I suppose "Big the Cat" is an easy one...just heighten the tone a bit, simplify my speech, add a slight lisp, and draw out some of the words.

I have absolutely no vocal range whatsoever. A deep voice and a british accent doesn't help either. I'm trying so hard here to even sound like one of the characters, but I just can't pull it off at all.

Welp, I just tried doing Big, and... well, here you go. Turn the volume down a tad.

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #15: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

… Nope. Not anymore, anyway. That ship's not only long since sailed away, it's on the other side of the planet now.

You see, back when I was a preteen, I used to be able to do a decent Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow and Vector. My voice was light enough to pull off a relatively high voice like Sonic’s was at the point, but just flexible enough that I could do a, say, gruff Vectorish voice without straining myself too much. Heck, I could even do a serviceable Metal Sonic by mimicking the voice filter that it had.

Nowadays? Nah. When I turned 15, puberty kicked me right in the boingloins, deepening my pitch dramatically. Not only that, but for some reason, my vocal range took a hit, making it more inflexible. Combine all that with a mumbly, mildly froggish African American New Yorker voice, and you got someone who can’t even pull a serviceable Big the Cat anymore. I’m not too fussed anymore, though -- I can get away with doing a decent Boomhauer now, so eh, trade offs, I guess. 

BTW: Why isn't this thread pinned to the top anymore?

no i cant really act the characters with my voice. i dont have a cute anime voice like they do and the english version is even hard because of the words they say and there voices are lower. so i would have horrible time trying. sad.png however I can do Amy in some cases like most of her Sonic X lines.

I can do decent variations of almost all the Sonics, and I can do really crappy variations of Knuckles, Shadow and Vector.

I'll record them when I can. :v

I can mimic a few of the Sonic's well enough. Shadow too if I get a min to practice first.

Some of the characters are really rough on the vocal chords. I don't play around too much VA attempts because of that.

Day 15 Challenge: Are you able to do a good impression of any character?

14/30 Challenges Completed

tumblr_my6y62TarW1qlj42ao1_500.png

Today's my day to shine!

*Step inside SSMB ready to audition* Okay! Let's see if I can give this the good ol' one, two! *Breath in and breath out* Ah, yes! *Tries to do a voice impression and fail miserably* ...I guess this just isn't my day to shine. 

Anyways... No. I unfortunately can't do a voice impression for any character at all. My voice just isn't really cut out for voice acting. I do sometimes try voicing Sonic alone in my room just to see if maybe the day has finally came where my voice would magically change and allow me to voice a character good, but that day still hasn't arrived. Seeing how today's challenge allows us to talk about any character we wish we could do an impression of, I guess I'll go into answering that. 

Well, to be honest, I would be grateful to pretty much be able to voice any character. Just knowing that I have the chance to show my terrible awesome talent to the world and allow people to help give me advice to allow me to improve and become a better actor for whatever character would be great. Though, in all honesty? I guess I wouldn't mind voicing Sonic or Dr. Eggman. Sonic because I wouldn't mind trying to fully act like I'm him and get to say all the cheesy and cool things he get to say. Oh? What's that? The voice director wants me to call Eggman "Baldy McNosehair"? Sure! I'll make sure to give it all I got! Ha!

Robotnik just because I honestly wouldn't mind trying to get into his shoes and talk like an evil villain by giving out commands to my workers Orbot & Cubot, or just getting all happy when I see my evil plans are kicking in and it seems like Sonic has been beaten. "Oh, what's this? Sonic is being beaten?! Ohohoho! What's wrong old pal? I thought you were going to smash my robot!" 

Maybe just for kicks, I could try and voice Vector. Give me the stylish voice to voice that stylish detective! 

DrEggmanSaraOVA.jpg

Ahem. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll take my terrible glorious voice acting somewhere else,

my beautiful wife as well. 

15/30 Challenges Completed

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 15. Halfway there!

Same issue as everyone else. Due to the wonderful positioning of my ears, what I hear as perfect is horribly flawed when played back.

That said, I always had buckets of fun making up lines for Shadow/Eggman and practicing them, even though I don't really sound like either. I guess it's more of a "this is how I imagine they'd sound in another interpretation" thing. Shadow always comes out as some poor attempt at British on my part.

While we're here I may as well humor you all with my shoddy Eggman impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1wJHrVvAqI

But, back to the question... no, no I cannot do a good impression of anyone.

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 15: AW YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENIN' hold on did I make that joke during the unintentionally funny lines day or--

Considering my deep voice, there's probably a few characters I could do an impression of, if I was any good at altering my voice. As it is, I can only do incredibly silly voices that don't particularly sound like anyone, real or fictional...as far as I know. I dunno if I'd be able to do those anymore, either, now that I'm older.

As for impressions I wish I could do? I would love to be able to do a good SA2!Shadow voice, just so I could say the "I'm the coolest" line all the time and make myself laugh. Any Eggman voice would be incredible, of course. Then there's Omochao, a voice that would be perfect for phone calls. If only...!

Zone 15: Sonic Voice Impressions

Ah, voice acting! We wouldn't have the series we have now if it weren't for their iconic voices! And I've noticed that the fanbase have a lot of talent! 

Some are stellar at capturing Sonic's snyde and somewhat nasally inflection, others (sometimes the ladies!) can get that boyish accent out of Tails quite well, and there are even some who do a grand job at getting themselves to sound like Big the Cat!

There are even some who are excellent at imitating the voice of Dr Eggman! Always maintaining a deep, but dynamic voice inflection to put across that affable villainous attitude.

Now, I know what you might be thinking... Indigo! Surely you've given it a shot before, correct? What colorful character have you managed to imitate this time? Indigo, can you truly capture the voice of one of these beloved icons?

No.  I can't.

Sorry.

1340433133397.jpeg

Next question.

• Thumbs Up 4

Can I do impressions?

Hahahahahahahaha-no.

Impressions are not my forte, Sonic-related or no. I can't even do any of the females decently. =< And characters with 'scractchy' voices like Eggman and Vector don't make my vocal chords happy. ^^;;

I really enjoy making funny voices (perhaps I should look into being a voice actor), so I frequently imitate sonic voices myself. I'm not going to say I'm perfect at any of them (since I've never "heard" my own voice), but I do feel I'm pretty good at the following:

RCS Sonic and many voices like it

I'm good at deep-voiced characters like Knuckles, Espio, Shadow and Metal Sonic

Baldry Robotnik, since I'm good at hammy characters (I can also do a decent Cortex and Nefarious). I've tried Pollock Eggman, but I don't think anyone can truly duplicate the awesomeness of Mike Pollock.

Vector, sorta (it's deeper than it should sound)

Silver and other voices like his

And, finally, Sonic X Tails

Well, that's about it! Now if only I had a way of knowing how good or bad I really am (of course, imitating voices is one of the few things I can do and feel proud of, so I sure would hate to find out I suck).

I can't do a decent impression to save my life. I mean, at one point in time I thought I could do a pretty good impression of Jason Griffith's Sonic voice but now? Eh...

Well, I was gonna say before Chrome suddenly whisked me to the previous page that I've never tried a Sonic impression before. The only impression I've ever been able to do was Kwame from Captain Planet (unless you count my real voice, which sounds like a perpetual Mike Tyson impression).

Just to see if I could, I tried one of Sonic just now. It sucks, not unlike my mic (look, it was $20).

So I guess the answer is no.

Day 15: Can I Do Any Sonic Impressions?

giphy.gif

Nope. See ya tomorrow, guys.

...What? Oh, fine, I'll elaborate! I'm not really a voice actor- I can barely use my own voice! I could probably impersonate any Sonic character through writing, but that sounds dangerously close to writing fanfiction, and I will NOT stoop to that level!

(Justkiddingpleasedon'tgetmadifanyofyouwritefanficsit'sjustnotmything)

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope, not at all. I did try to do an impression of Jason Griffith's Shadow (like, who didn't?) when I younger, if that counts. 

If I were to try my hand at donning a Sonic character's voice, it would have to be two people:

Dr. Eggman: I would like to try my hand at doing an Eggman impression; not just from based Mike Pollock either. 

The other would be Sonic OVA's Sonic. I think it'll be funny.

I can do a Classic Big impression….but I'm not sure about other characters...

I'm not good at any character in particular, but I have a few quotes I love throwing out in regular conversation. For example:

"You're too slow" is a quote that I feel like I've perfected after using it so many times. It's just so applicable and the way Griffith says it in Brawl is extremely fun to try to recreate (I think it's Griffith at least. I don't feel like researching right now)

Another extremely applicable quote is Jaleel White's "Way past cool, huh?" I'm awful at Jaleel's Sonic, but it's fun to attempt it at least

Also, it's impossible to say "Where's that damn fourth chaos emerald" without going into Shadow voice mode.

Ah, bummer, I was just about to do question 14 when Dr. Crusher made his post. Oh well...

Impressions, huh? Eh, I don't think I can do impressions particularly well, and it's not a skill I'm that interested in developing. That said, I do have a slight interest in voice acting, having recorded stuff on and off for myself and I practice out of my comic books all the time. Most of the time, I just make up my own interpretations that are influenced by my favorite voice actors, but I don't really try to copy them. That said, the cocky part of me likes to say I'm decent, but I'm lucky if I'm that.

I like to think I have a decent Sonic in me if nothing else, but I don't know.

That said, for those that want a laugh, here's a clip from a couple years ago that I recorded. I kinda cringe at it now, but since I don't have anything else on hand, nor a means to record anything better at the moment, I figure I may as well post it.

Headphones warning: it might be loud, adjust your settings before listening.

http://youtu.be/uGu4rlejkJM

The dialogue is lifted from Archie Sonic #232. In which I do my worst Travis Willingham as Roy Mustang impression for Knuckles and the Sonic voice is relatively close to my actual voice.

...and something tells me I won't live this down.

tongue.png

OH MY!!!!

... Yes. I am good at impersonating Amy, Tails and.... EGGMAN. with a pair of rounded glasses I can kinda imitate his face as well (but i do look like a girl still, yet the impersonation still scares me!     i think I am pretty good at imitating character personalities, especially Knuckles. but my voice is not deep enough to be him!

okaay... links XD

This scares me....

Amy rose!

lets cut to the chase shall we?

ANNND>>> that is all folks! happy listening :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 15~! ~w~ Ah voice impressions huh?

Well if I try I can pull off Cream, If I try really really hard I can do Lisa's Amy. 

And well it seems without trying I can do Elise . . . ;w; It's pretty close to my default voice but I have to make it a little higher. Hmm.