Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Hmm...

I suppose I'd like Eggman's genius, if only so I could feel like I could make a legitimate video game all by myself without having to ask for help every five minutes.

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

I'd love to get Silver's psyonic thinagmajig powers. Picking up things without getting off bed and flying.

well, hovering

laziness intensifies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver's psychokinesis, hands down.

I never even have to get out of my seat anymore to get food, yaaaaaaay!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, you talk about Robotnik's mind, but Sonic himself is pretty sharp.

http://youtu.be/y1SkSXkynus?t=7m38s

^ Advanced mathematics? Possibly. (I believe there's a thing like this in Sonic X too.)

Anyways, Day 16: which power would you want?

Sonic's speed of course. Useful, impressive, and fun to mess around with. But, more than that, being able to travel like Sonic does allows for a certain degree of freedom; you can go wherever you want, whenever you want. You'd never need to work -- you could drift from city to city, fight crime or become a thief. It'd be pretty dang awesome to be honest.

I'd like Eggman's genius. The reason being that I could do anything i want to especially with an IQ of 300 and program machines to do my bidding.

From the game side of things, I'll have to go with the popular answer and say Silver's telekinesis. Some form of flight without the need for extra limbs coupled with the ability to move objects would be a really convenient thing to have in the daily grind. I wouldn't even use it for big power shows or anything, I'd just use it to make drying the dishes go quicker or something.

From a non-game side though, Mordred's power of hypnosis could have its uses. I know that particular power has been twisted to death for exploitation, but all I'd ever do is hypnotise people to not be hostile to me. I'm fragile in a social environment as it is, it doesn't need the jackasses of society to make me feel worse.

Day #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Either Shadow's Chaos Control or Silver's telekinesis.

Chaos Control would be useful if I'm late to something. Or to visit my friend back in Arizona. Either way, however, I can see it taking up a lot of energy. Telekinesis would be useful for my inner couch potato. And I could actually draw what I see in my head! Just think, telekinesis is done with the mind, right? You could visualize something and then the pencil would automatically draw it.

In the end, I'd have to go with the majority and say telekinesis.

Day 16:

I would have Knuckles' abilities. Think about it, the ability to glide, the sheer strength he has, he can scale walls easily and to top it off he is still damn fast. Sure he's an idiot but that's not an ability, right? Right?

So yeah, Knuckles would be my answer. Yup, those skills he has would be my cup of tea.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh fucking hell. You had to pick a hard one.

If I had Shadow's powers of Chaos Control, I could teleport to wherever I want. Awesome. But if I had his immortality, I could live as long as I want. Or his powers to blow stuff up, you can imagine that it would keep people off my ass (or bring the government on me).

Eggman's genius is impressive. The guy could solve a lot of current problems in the real world on his own: trip to the moon and space colonization? Create an army of robots to conquer the world increase production? And his genius goes into the unreal as well in harnessing the power of the Chaos Emeralds, or creating robots like Metal Sonic that can copy powers and shit. Create teleporters and stuff. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he had cracked perpetual energy or fusion power.

Then there's Silver's telekinesis. Boy that would be fun to abuse, because then you can't even shoot me! :P Who needs muscle to lift a 200 hundred pound object when I could use my mind to lift several tons? Hell, people wouldn't mess with me anymore, because I can just slam them into a wall for looking at me wrong, then act like I don't know what the fuck happened. :lol:

So hard to choose. Guess I'll go with Eggman, because then I can cheat by inventing gadgets that give me the other powers. :P

Day 16: Whose Powers Would I Want?

Oh. that's easy! Metallix Metal Sonic!

125px-Officialmetal.png

Think about it! He was designed to be physically superior to Sonic in every aspect, and, other than his poor traction, was a complete success!

SEGACD--Sonic%20CD%20european%20version_

Seriously, how did this happen twice?

But he also has many unique abilities, such as...

250px-Black_Shield.png The Black Shield, which can block anything, even Chaos Spear!

242px-Vmaximumoverdrivev2.png The Maximum Overdrive, which can burn through anything in his path!

And of course...

242px-CopycatMetal.png Neo_metal_sonic.png His Scan/Copy ability! This alone can make Metal the most powerful being in video game history! Other power-copying characters are limited in some way(i.e. Kirby can only copy specific powers, Mega Man can only take weapons from Robot Masters)- But for Metal, it doesn't matter if you're organic,robotic, or whatever! All he has to do is stare at you for a few seconds, and then anything you can do, he can do better!

With this much power, the universe would be putty in my hands! NOTHING CAN STOP ME MUAH-HAHAHAHA!

...Until these guys show up.

242px-Sh09.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Blaze's pyrokinesis would be pretty bitching.  Conjuring fire from your hands? I'll take that please. Could be useful in the cold weather, or if I wanted to cook something quickly, pfft.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16: Character ability I'd want.

Hmm. I think I'd like Shadow's Chaos powers really, since he channels them the same way. We'd all love Chaos Control, it'd save us cash and be cool doing it. Just imagine though. Someone makes you really angry. You start to glow red. Even without using Chaos Blast, you've scared that person for life! Totally worth it.

^ Advanced mathematics? Possibly. (I believe there's a thing like this in Sonic X too.)

Anyways, Day 16: which power would you want?

Sonic's speed of course. Useful, impressive, and fun to mess around with. But, more than that, being able to travel like Sonic does allows for a certain degree of freedom; you can go wherever you want, whenever you want. You'd never need to work -- you could drift from city to city, fight crime or become a thief. It'd be pretty dang awesome to be honest.

Actually, I think Gerald wrote those equations.

Stink. I missed the topic I'm actually good at.

Day 16: Which characters' powers would you like to have?

Okay, I hope I'm not cheating on this one.

Sonicchannel_emerl.png

Emerl's copying powers.

Sonic's speed. Knuckles' strength. Shadow's powers. Tails' flight. All at the tips of my fingers, waiting to be used if I wish it so. I would be able to match any opponent with their own skills, and adapt to any situation if I need to. Overpowered? Maybe. Dangerous? Potentially. But worth it? Definitely.

But if I have to go with just one power, I'd have to go for Sonic's speed. Something about not being held back by your own feeble muscles and the ability to be anywhere you want in minutes, just seems plain awesome to me.

Day 16: Complete

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic wasn't the one scribbling all those equations on the wall. He was being held in the same cell that Prof Gerald was taken to 50 years prior. Toward the end of the game, we see video of Gerald with that same writing on the wall, indicating that he was the one who scribbled all that hoo-do there, or at the very least, it was someone before him.

As for the question at hand, accompanying super powers would be the kicker here. Its a real monkey wrench in the question. Sonic's speed would be great to have, but without his superhuman durability and toughness, I'd likely be little more than a smear on a wall after a single misstep... to say nothing of bursting into flames from all that friction. Knuckles strength would be cool, but I'd break my fist every time try to punch a tank. Without the additional tenacity buffs, that strength is worthless.

Psyco powers are a sexy choice, as is the ability to reprogram machinery with Landry detergents and toothpicks, I'm going to have to go with Mephilies's time manipulation ability. Far and away the most obscenely unstoppable of any power here, I could deal with any threat simply by jumping back in time and erasing it. I'd be completely unstoppable.

Plus imagine all the perks. I could jump back in time a day with the winning lotto numbers. I could come out ahead of every move and shake on the stock market. I could go back and invent the iphone. I could even pull the superhero schtick and prevent accidents before they happen. Everyone would think I could see the future when in actuality I am moving into the past. No one would be the wiser to what I was actually doing.

If you play you're cards right, no one would even know you had superpowers.

400px-Mephiles_Comparison.png

U know u want it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'd take...every power.

That is, I'd take Emerl's copy power. And then take every other power.

Doesn't even matter if no one else gets superpowers. Just copying from ordinary (though talented) humans, various animals, and machines, would amount to tens of thousands of times more than any one character's powers.

To be fair to the question, though, my top two choices would probably be Knuckles and Silver. Knuckles, for having a good variety of powers, and Silver, for having probably the most versatile single power.

Day 16:

Hmmm, I think I'll take tails, not only do you have the genius on the level to challenge Eggman with just about any creation, but you can also Fly and have speed extremely close to sonics, so you get the best of both worlds, cept for having 2 tails, that would be kinda weird. But ya, Super Intellligence, Speed, and Flight, means he beats out both sonic and Eggman for me, sure he doesnt build on the scale as eggman usualy, but doesnt mean he couldnt

16/30 days complete

• Thumbs Up 1

Super speed? Flight? Telekinesis? Chaos control?

No.

WuZYRpr.jpg

I want Big's ability to destroy robots with his fishing rod. How does he do it? He can swing that thing like a god damn lightsaber; nothing stands in his way. Try it in real life and you're gonna look like an idiot. He can even throw his lure from a distance to catch and disassemble you completely. When he snags you, your limbs will go flying. Don't fuck with Big.

• Thumbs Up 8

Let's look at the big picture here. Super speed could allow me to beat Usain Bolt at racing. Super strength could help me impress people at the gym. Telekinesis could make me an unstoppable fighter. But super intelligence would allow be to take over the world.

Time and time again in fiction (and in reality) it's been proven that brains always beats brawl. Sauron managed to destroy an entire civilization of Númenóreans. Ozymandias was able to outsmart a man who could destroy the Earth with the snap of his fingers. Bruce Wayne has defeated the lord of Apokolips, infinitely more powerful than him, by playing his cards right. Michael Corleone destroyed all his rival crime families by systematically acquiring their properties and eliminating key members. Dr. Doom stole the power of an omnipotent multiversal entity for himself. Emperor Palpatine has destroyed a millenia old order and took over the galaxy right under their noses.

And Dr. Eggman, of course, has been able to be a bigger threat than literal gods using only his intelligence.

qmA07S1.png

No offense intended to any gods out there.

A lot of special abilities look cool on paper, but they're not really practical. If you're a genius, however, you can build a multibillionaire corporation, or become a successful politician and control a nation, or operate in the shadows and achieve anything you desire. It is by far the most versatile power you can have, and if you use it right, you can have the whole world in your pocket.

But dude, with Tails, not only do you have the SUPER INTELLIGENCE, but you also get the super speed AND built in Flight, you get the best of both

I would have to say Sonic's speed, for when I need to get the hell out of somewhere as fast as possible.

Need a moment? Gotta go fast. Who the hell needs Twix?

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #16: If you could have one character's abilities/powers/skills/etc, what would you like to have?

Silver's PSYCHOKENESIS even though Silver himself is kind of a bitch. With this power I could eat awful food without getting my hands greasy and also maybe even give somebody an incorporeal bitchslap when necessary. Also he can fly sometimes and flying is awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I could be fast like Sonic, smart as Tails or Eggman, strong as Knuckles or Big, have psychic based abilities like Blaze or Silver, have athletic ability like Jet the Hawk….

242px-EspioNew.png

or Invisible Ninja Spiderman….

yeah, I choose Espio's abilities.

Blog_Ixis_Naugus.jpg

I wanted to use Ixis Naugus's elemental magic but I'm not sure that counts or not.