Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

~SSMB Has Cleared Oh-Six Objections Act 5!~

Come on, Chaos... Time to eat...

Question #6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

hqdefault.jpg

He has every right to be pleased with himself. He's just beat Sonic Spinball.

After the craziness of the last question, it's time to relax a little with this easy one.

This one doesn't really need a long fairytale-esque paragraph, nor am I going to give it one, because truth be told, the '06 animation business has still puffed me out... in a good way, I mean. So... what's there to explain? If you're playing Sonic games, you'll eventually win at some/most/all of them - or alternatively, you won't, but I like to be optimistic - but which game was the very first one that you won at?

Note: This doesn't have to include all Stories in early 3D games, or completing all Special Stages in 2D games/Heroes/etc, and so on. You are free to talk about those if you want to, but I'm mainly talking about simply getting to the final zone/stage as Sonic or whoever else.

Crusher's Thoughts: It was the original Sonic Adventure for me... well, Sonic Adventure DX, more accurately. It took me a bit of time, and there were a few bumps here and there, but I eventually fought and won against the Egg Viper. It's a happy thought for me, because the Egg Viper does seem to be recognised by many as one of the best "final" Eggman boss robots, so it was pretty cool in retrospect that this was the first final Robotnik battle that I got directly involved in.

It would have been the original Sonic Advance, but at that point in time, the Egg Rocket kept giving me trouble (didn't bother me too much though, since I loved and still love it's music). Having said that, I did finally get to the X-Zone and beat Robotnik shortly after I beat him in the Final Egg.

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 4

The first Sonic game I ever completed was the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Mega Drive back when I was a young-un. I used to go to an after school club where they had the game and console which I used to get to play every day I was there, and I eventually became good enough to race through the entire game and beat Robotnik in Final Zone. If memory serves, I completed it with six Chaos Emeralds also just before they decided to remove the Mega Drive in favour for a PSX instead. It was never the same. </3

I can't even actually remember this very well these days... I believe it was Sonic 2?

I just have heavily vague memories of Metropolis, Sky Chase and the ending scene from when I was really young, so I'm fairly sure that's the first Sonic game I beat. Good tiiiiimes~

First Sonic game I won? in terms of 100% completion, you mean?

If so, then that has to be Sonic Advance 3.

Yeah, finding all the Chao was a bitch. but I don't recall it being too much of a pain in the ass to find them (unless it involved the later, more difficult stages maybe). Though I don't really remember the actual Special Stage all that well.

First Sonic I beat? Well, excluding Flash games...

I believe it was Sonic Unleashed for the PS2 (fuck that version's final boss and it's hit-and-miss lock-on). It's either that or Sonic Heroes for the PS2.

the first game I complete was Sonic 06. It didnt take very long to complete the actual game where the storys were easy and so were the bosses. But the town missions were intresting and awesome and I really want to finish them before I play another game. and I do. I finish alll the town missions and all the hardmode missions that were challenging and fun and bought all the gems.

Sadly, it was Sonic Heroes on the PS2 back in 2004. -__-; I was super into Sonic back then and it was the first Sonic game I bought for the only other console I owned. It took me about a week to beat it and at the time I thought I was having fun...but then when I replayed it on the GCN I never liked it again. At least the frame rate was better... XD

Day #5: Funniest Sonic 2006 animation

We all admit that this game is a goldmine for this type of stuff. But if anything, the cheap deaths (for everyone) are pretty hilarious.

tumblr_me9qjy6ONG1qa6lco.gif

bye.gif

tumblr_mi6v0eHfNP1qdv1gso1_400.gif

(I'm pretty sure this is where those Shadow androids were created.)

EDIT: Forgot to add the other day. xD

Day #6: First Sonic game you won at

Sonic Colors DS. It was a lot of fun, but way too short. Especially with some really easy special stages. (Sorry I don't have much to say for this.)

The first Sonic game I ever beat (and my first ever Sonic game, in fact) was Sonic Heroes. It was really satisfying for me to beat it, considering how it took me almost an eternity to beat Team Chaotix's levels (I did them last), and Metal Madness/Metal Overlord... my god, was that an absolute nightmare to take down for five-year old me. 

Day #6 - First Sonic game you won.

Uhh.. I do believe it was probably Sonic Heroes on my 13th Birthday, I also picked up Sonic Adventure 2 Battle then as well when I went out for my Birthday with one of my school friends, I remember buying them with my birthday money in Grainger Games (or some other Game store that used to be on the top floor in the Metro Centre near the laser qasar) But yeah, I remember being excited for a new Sonic Game, to the point of seeing it advertised on TV and in magazines, so I do believe it was Sonic Heroes I beat first, then SA2B, then I branched out for SADX and my obsession for Sonic sort of rekindled around then.

My first Sonic game was Sonic 2 though, and I never beat that game till MUCH later in my life haha.

Completely? Well, that was definitely Sonic 2. I mean, Sonic 1 was tough as nails for me and I've never gotten past Labyrinth Zone, while Sonic and Knuckles was more my sister's thing. I also got to play with it for eleven years longer than any other Sonic game since I didn't pick up MC+ or Heroes until 2004. A lot of time to do a game in, wouldn't you say?

The sonic games i have beaten are: Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure (Stories i have beaten in that game: Sonic,Tails, and E-102 Gamma.)       I have also beaten the Mobile Version of Sonic CD. (I got the bad ending by the way).

Day 6

Sonic Heroes for me. I can still remember the journey of playing through with Team Sonic for the first time. My cousin had gotten the game a short while before me so I watched him play in awe. Once I finally got my own copy my PS2 basically became a Sonic Machine. 

Day 6

The very first Sonic game I won at?

Well it was either Sonic 2, or Sonic R so let me go into detail on that:

After we first moved to where we currently lived (was around 2000 I believe) they gave me an old Gateway 2000 computer with windows 98 on it. And for my birthday they bought me some games for it 2 of which were Sega Smash Pack vol. 2 and Sonic R.

Sega_Smash_Pack_2.jpg

After fiddling around with some of the games like Kid Chameleon and Comix Zone I decided to try Sonic 2 as I had played my sisters copy of Sonic 2 for the Game Gear. And I fell in love with the game, being the huge Mario kid that I was a platformer like it was right up my alley and I had a blast. Though considering I was EXTREMELY OCD back then when it came to games the moment I found out about the Chaos Emeralds I spent a long time refusing to beat the game till I got all of them, nearly took me a YEAR (if I'm remembering correctly) to beat it. BUT OH GOD WAS IT SATISFYING TO FINALLY BEAT IT.

g04632p19xp.jpg

As for Sonic R, I decided to try it on a whim and fell in love with the soundtrack (as cheesy as it was) and actually found the controls to be pretty decent. Funnily enough as this was the first time I had seen Metal Sonic I had this idea in my head that he was made by Tails to help train Sonic to fight Eggman (that overactive imagination). So I of course spent ages getting all of the emeralds and characters for this game and surprisingly enjoyed it.

That would have to be Sonic 1. I used to watch my mum complete it in one sitting, just blazing through the game in just over an hour. Occasionally, she'd pass me the controller and I'd do a few levels too. I must've been around 4 or 5 at the time.

Eventually, I decided to tackle the game for myself. And what a blast it was... well, until you hit Labyrinth Zone. I vividly remember shouting victoriously at the TV when I completed the last fight. and slipping in that last hit on Eggman as he flees the scene. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't good enough to get all the Emeralds, so I was stuck with Eggman juggling the rest of them as he mocked me... That smug prick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

...Well, I'll be damned. I don't remember. For 10 minutes I've been thinking about it and...nothing. Maybe, and I'm hazarding a guess here, it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube. I remember getting all the Super Emeralds as Tails before I finished Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and that was the game that got me back into the series, not to mention the first Sonic game I legally owned.

Or was it Sonic Battle? Oh well, I answered as best as I could.

NO, WAIT!

If I had unlocked Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I surely  must have beaten Sonic 3 with Tails beforehand. Maybe it WAS Sonic 3. Oh good gosh, I'm confused. Very, very confused.

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 6 EARLY CONQUEST MEMORIES!

Well this is gonna sound weird but...

s3k_pc_menu_zps4dfccdf0.png

I know I never did own a Genesis and had to play the PC version.

I actually beat Sonic 3 and Knuckles when I was young but I actually couldn't beat it as either Sonic or Tails cause of the barrel of doom. I had to beat it with Knuckles which is slightly harder than Sonic's route but he doesn't have to go through bullshit. I had a great time with S3&K and I decided to beat it.

I can't remember how and when I beat S3&K for the first time since its been years. But man that game always brings me back.

• Thumbs Up 1

First completed Sonic Game is Sonic Heroes... Yeah, that's the first I saw too the end, sharply followed by SA2. Only reason Heroes was first is because my Dreamcast was situated elsewhere while my GameCube was at home. So it's one of the few Sonic games I had access to on a home console for a while. I had handhelds, but I only really played them when not at home when I was young.

So yeah, Heroes was my first completed Sonic game.

Day 6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

The first Sonic game I completed was Sonic Adventure 2, of the Battle variety! It would have been Sonic 3, but um...I didn't...know what  Spin Dash was....yeah, really. I was a very silly child who didn't know how to read instructions--granted it was a PC port, but it had a digital manual of sorts, so there's no excuse. By the time I figured it out, I had grown disinterested. At least I went back years later and realized what a good game it is.

But yeah, as I mentioned in a previous day I believe, SA2 was the game I played after that, and I managed to beat it. It being the first game in the series that I had a complete experience with is probably part of the reason I still like it today, despite it's issues. tongue.png I started replaying the game on Steam and it's a very interesting experience after not playing through the game in years.

EDIT:

s3k_pc_menu_zps4dfccdf0.png
I know I never did own a Genesis and had to play the PC version.

You aren't alone, Mr. President. That's the version I played...actually, it's weird how nostalgic looking at that menu is, haha

This is an interesting question to think about. Truth to be told, I can barely remember my early experiences with the Sonic franchise. I'm not sure what was the first game I played, partly because I didn't start with a game - I think it might have been one of the cartoons. This does raise an interesting matter: what makes us become fans of a franchise? As in, at what point do we not simply like the series, but follow it, become interested on things related to it? It's something to think about, but that's not what's being asked here.

I do remember, however, the first game I completed. It was Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. That's largely because it was the first time I had time to; I usually played Sonic games in borrowed consoles, so I rarely reached the end. But a friend of mine allowed me (and my cousin) to keep his Dreamcast long enough to complete the game. Because of my interest in the character (and his short story) the first campaign I finished was E-102 Gamma's. This makes E-101 MKII the first "final" boss in the Sonic series I defeated.

bGgNPEh.jpg

After that I completed Tails, then Amy, Big, Knuckles and finally Sonic and the final story. I think that's why I hold Sonic Adventure in a different manner; while not my first Sonic game, it was the first I got the full experience from. With a long running franchise like this, good memories are always going to be formed, and my original playthrough of Adventure is special in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, since the next question is upon us, I'll contribute the last few gif-sounds to send us off.

Wow, they've got everything!

You okay there, Sonic?

...Sonic?

I wanna fly high....!

See that girrlllll

They are among us...

Mimimimmimimimimimimimi

Moses supposes *tippity tappity tip tap tap*

And my personal favorite...

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

• Thumbs Up 8

That's a tough one to pin down.

My first Sonic game was Sonic 2, and I played the hell out of it, but I don't think I ever legitimately completed it until much, much later. I'd use debug mode to get Super Sonic in the Death Egg and beat it that way, but I don't feel that really counts. Likewise for the other Genesis Sonics; I may have cheated my way to the end of some of them, but I don't think I beat them properly until years past their time.

If it wasn't one of them, then (if we're going by one-story completions rather than all-story completions) it'd be SA. I didn't own a Dreamcast, but I rented one once, and I remember I was able to get through Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' stories before the weekend was over.

For a full game completion, again if it wasn't one of the Genesis games, it'd be SA2(B). It was the game that got me back into the series properly, with Sonic then being on a console I actually owned.

DAY SIX:
('bout time i showed up huh?)
First Sonic game I've beaten? Well, I think that was Sonic Chaos via an Emulator. Entirely by accident, too, as I had no idea that getting a hundred rings would get me to the special stages. 

Funnily enough, even there I was clueless, as I ran through them as I did the rest of the stages! I had no idea what the Chaos Emeralds where doing here and had no idea these were the special stages of the game. I just thought, "Hey, Maybe I should get that shiny thing down in that circle of rings" and suddenly I got the Chaos Emerald. 

It took me a couple of tries, too. Because getting them with Sonic wasn't all that easy for me at the time, but hey, what could you expect from a confused 9 year old.

Almost surprised to see how many people beat heroes first since it was actually the first one I beat too o_o I remember when I was younger and before I had gotten a memory card for my gamecube, I would always rent this game from hollywood video on occasion, though I was only able to actually beat team rose's story by then since it was so short and I could never spend that long playing to complete the other (curse my short attention span) but when I finally got a memory card, I went all out to complete this game and I had a blast with it (no pun intended).