Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

What was the first Sonic game I beat?

... I... honestly can't remember. It's been so long... so many games played and beaten...

... it's gotta be one of the genesis titles, though.

Day 6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

Okay, if I remember correctly, it was this mediocrity of a game:

SHcover.png

Yes, this was the EU boxart. I hated it too. This was like, "first final boss beat" though. I don't think I've 100% a "post-1999" Sonic game. But - all collectibles/upgrades and not all A-ranks:

Sonic_adv_2_battle_box.jpg

The first beaten Sonic game for me was Sonic 1 I think. I only had 3 as a child and not 3&K and I don't know if I beat 3 before 1 (probably not), but I know for a fact I had beaten 1 and 3, but struggled on 2 for YEARS thanks to the Death Egg zone. So yeah, it's probably 1, but definitely either that or 3.

I actually didn't play any of the 3D games until much, much later. Heroes was the only one I played roughly at the time of release aside from Colours and Generations. The Adventure games and Shadow didn't come by until 2008 for me.

Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

This will be a very strange response (but technically right, since I'm a relatively recent Sonic fan and this is the first and only so far, but I watched so much Let's Plays on Youtube to know almost everything about Sonic. Please don't hate me for that Sonic game I had, this is also the first game I won:

MarioSonic3DS.jpg

Man, its story mode was so stupid (and the characters were so color blind it's not even funny. It's obvious those were Fog Clones!)

Day 6: The first Sonic game I ever beat?

Well I first got into the series proper with Sonic Heroes, which was a pretty alright entry in the series for my money's worth, and I really loved the music, but moving on.

I must have been one of the few people in existence who bothered to fully 100% the game, as I'm a completionist with every game I get my hands on, and thus I persisted through every team's bonus mission as well, and to be frank, I was 13 at the time in 2003, and I loved every moment of it, not knowing yet what a mixed reputation this actually got among the core fanbase. I honestly didn't mind the overabundance of enemy numbers in certain stages, how those giant hulking hammer-swinging-type and the Gundam Wing-esque mech robots took a long time to kill if you didn't know what to do. (Especially the purple variant of the mallet-swingers who could only be damaged on the head once you removed the helmet. )

I didn't mind the fact that you had to replay the same game essentially 4 times in a row, because I was a sucker for artificially enhancing the gameplay time at any cost, and I especially could tolerate Team Chaotix's scavenger hunt missions, because my mind was set to the mentality of 'explore and take your time, memorize and then fully beat the stage A-rank on the next go in a flash'.

(Even if Team Chaotix's bonus mission in Mystic Mansion is a real nightmare to A-rank. Seriously, just take a look at this video to get a example of how utterly risky it can get

For example, go to 4:25. The blue torch is situated above a bottomless pit, and the platform it's resting on is too small to deal with the tactic of 'switch to Charmy, carefully position yourself next to the flame on the ground, switch to Espio, and poof!'  No, you HAVE to take a blind leap of faith with Espio and pray that your draw distance instincts won't screw you over from falling in the pit, as moving the camera around only helps in getting a good view of judging the draw distance, but you can't have the camera set to a specific angle and go with it, because the camera will always flinch back in the same fixed angle position when you resume movement, so adjusting the camera to make it easier for you is out of question too.  I may sound like a nitpicking nerd here, but I have to accentuate how much of a big deal this is if you're going for a A rank. Leap of faith and tornado whirlwind executed at the wrong time? NO A-RANK FOR YOU! )

But yes... I did 100% the game, even beating Super Hard Mode, and it was a fun, sweet ride...good memories...
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 6 : First game I won

That would be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. As I said elsewhere, first Sonic game I really owned. Me and my bro steamrolled it, got stuck at Cannons Core for weeks and finally beatcthe Biolizard. We were amazed that we had done it. We then got all all emblems not long after.

Question 6:

First game I beat was the original PAL version of Sonic The Hedgehog:

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Cover.png

It was certainly a challenge when I first played and completed Sonic 1. Whilst I can't remember hardly anything of when I first beat it, there are some initial impressions I vaguely recall:

Green Hill Act 1: Going really fast down the 'S' tube and collecting all those rings suspended in mid-air was exhilarating.

GH Act 2: Getting killed by those spikes and working out how to get the extra life on top of the loop de loop by using the spring at the end of the underground passage.

GH Act3: Working out how to avoid Eggmans ball chain. Perhaps I should rephrase that tongue.png

Marble Zone Act 1: Moving across the lava on the falling purple blocks.

MZ Act 2: Being chased by the lava.

MZ Act 3: Trying to move across the lowering chains (whilst high up) lead to a world of frustration.

Spring Yard Act 1: Having fun rolling around and bouncing on pinballs.

SY Act 2: Trying to reach the second - higher route - at the end of that act was very difficult to achieve.

SY Act 3: Dying over and over again trying to get across the bottomless pit to reach the boss.

Labyrinth Zone Act 1: Drowning too much!

LZ Act 2: Trying to get past the two spiked enemies near the end of the act without dying or drowning was a nightmare.

LZ Act 3: The boss. My god that boss! 

Star Light Act 1: Fast, pretty and lovely music.

SL Act 2: Dying a lot by falling down the bottomless pits.

SL Act 3: Using the see-saw things to attack Eggman with his own bombs seemed really cool.

Scrap Brain Act 1: Pain!

SB Act 2: More pain!

SB Act 3: Even more pain! Got sick of drowning due to how infrequent the air bubbles appear.......until I figured out the shortcut.

Final Zone: Once I got used to the no rings insta-kill nature of the fight - due to the purple energy balls and being crushed by the tubes - it wasn't so hard. Satisfying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So uhh... do we still get badges as long as we catch up with the topic because I keep forgetting this is going on and I'm weird and would rather have no badge than a less than 100% one forever.  8C

Day 3 - Favourite First Stages

Underground Zone from Sonic 2 8-bit:

There's something super appealing and unusual about NOT having a grassy/tropical or a city trope for the opening stage of a game, and it has super cool music to boot.  Also nostalgia factor because it WAS my first ever Sonic game, but yeah, sure did set a standard because later games bored me with tropical/grassy opening stages again and again.

City Escape from SA2:

BAM what an opening.  Lyrical in-gameplay music!  The chase at the end!  All so playable yet cinematic.  Like Sonic 2 8-bit this stage set a standard that has been consistently not met by future games as this was my first 3D Sonic game.

Windmill Isle from Sonic Unleashed:

Specifically Act 1 because there just simply aren't enough gorgeous sunrise levels in Sonic.  Shame the music was just a watered down version of the daytime theme rather than being prettier but it still worked.

Honourable mentions: Megalo Station for kickass music and leading straight off from the intro in Story Mode, just like SA2's opener, and Misty Lake for being pretty and holding a weird special place in my heart because I had a dream about playing SatBK like a month before it came out and one area of Misty Lake looked -EXACTLY- like what I played in my dream (I had never seen Misty Lake before playing the game either!).  Finally, Leaf Forest for blowing me away with its speed on the GBA, Neo Green Hill for being so chilled out, and Angel Island for breaking the mould by taking the typical tropical trope for first stage and SETTING IT ON FIRE YEAH.

Day 4 - Favourite First Bosses

Unlike the stages, I don't have any hugely strong feelings here.  Egg Hammer Mk. II was cool for introducing fast-paced bosses to the 2D franchise and an ...emotional? element of Cream being kidnapped.  Metal Sonic in Generations was kickass but somehow feels like it doesn't count because that's like using the "Greatest Hits" release of a band to say what your favourite opening track of theirs is because they happened to make it Track 1 on this compilation lol.

I guess the Wrecking Ball Egg Mobile should get a mention too.  Even after all these years it's still very fun to play.  OH, and the Ghost Rex (?) from Sonic Rush Adventure for pulling a surprise at the halfway point.  That drop down was super cool and really made me feel "oh yeah SRA is gonna be so much cooler than SR boss-wise".

Day 5- Funniest 2006 Animation

Oh uhh... this is a weird one!  Hard to recall.  Alright alright I got it.

THAT ALONE WILL BE INSUFFICIENT  *dramatic zoom-in*  *Sonic reacts completely casually completely dampening the dramatic moment that was already pretty darn soggy to begin with*

Just what the fuck was going on there.

I also love all the moments where the characters say they're going to do something and then just stand around waiting for the cut-scene to fade out.  The absolute best example is the intro where Sonic just stares at the Egg Carrier leaving for like 5 minutes.

Day 6 - First Game Finished

To the credits, Sonic 2 8-bit, which comes as a fairly natural result of it being my first ever Sonic game.  I can still remember my brother and I watching the ending together for the first time as kids, while reading out (and being perplexed by) the engrishy staff credits with its weird nicknames for developers.  "Cast Sonic?  ...Art Tez?  ...Edit End?"  Though I think we figured out they were some sort of credits by the time they were Thanking people (including us!).  Then we got very suspicious of the implication that Tails was dead (though I don't recall it taking us long at all to realise we needed all the emeralds).  I wouldn't get all the emeralds for the true final zone and good ending until at least a decade later when I suddenly realised "hey... they have gameFAQs for super old games too right?"

With all emeralds it'd be Sonic 1 8-bit, since they were significantly easier to find in that game, even though I didn't own it until quite a few years of owning Sonic 2 8-bit.  This was my second Sonic game.

And my first game finished 100% where 100%ing is a big deal - would be Sonic Adventure 2, and I was super proud.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, it would be my first Sonic game, which was Sonic 2.

Granted, the first time I got to the final boss was thanks to the Level Select cheat, but I won't count that.

But as this was my only Sonic game until Sonic & Knuckles came out, I still had plenty of time to get around to completing it the proper way. However, this wasn't with the Chaos Emeralds (cheats again notwithstanding).

I wouldn't do an all 7 Chaos Emeralds run until, bizarrely, playing as Knuckles in Sonic 2. You see, my brother and I attempted many times to get all 7 Chaos Emeralds in co-op, but we could never get the fifth Emerald. The final target was something silly like 220, and we always fell just short. Of course, once we had the Super Sonic cheat, it never occurred to us to try playing Sonic alone or Tails alone. We never considered the targets would be lower.

Fast forward to Knuckles in Sonic 2, and I was doing an Emerald run for...no particular reason. When I got to the Fifth Special Stage and passed it, oh boy, that was a shocker for me. The Sixth stage passwed without incident, but that Seventh stage, specifically the part where it just seems like random rings being tossed about...I realised I was close to doing something I hadn't thought possible, haha.

By this point, Death Egg Zone was a piece of piss, though it took me a life or two getting used to the logistics of a smaller jump against the boss. But I wasn't to be denied.

Oddly enough, I had already comlpeted Sonic & Knuckles by this point, but again not with all Emeralds. And even though I was aware of Doomsday Zone, for some reason I thought that only happened if you had Sonic 3 plugged in. I borrowed it from a friend eventually and did it, but then it was a few months later I realised that yes, you could play Doomsday with just Sonic & Knuckles.

I'm gonna try and catch up the previous 5 questions with short answers and then focus on the today's one.

1. What are your favourite Badniks?

If it's only classic badniks, I'm gonna go with the traditional Motobug and Crabmeat, I love their designs, if bosses are included I'd say Mecha Sonic, if modern enemies are included I'm going with Egg Pawns because... nostalgia, at least for me.

2. What are your top five Special Stages?

5# Sonic 3D Blast
4# Sonic 3 & Knuckles
3# Sonic 4 Ep 1
2# Sonic 4 Ep 2
1# Sonic Rush

I wish they came back in console games, and no, I don't consider Gameland as a special stage.

3. What are your favourite first stages?

Emerald Coast is the best first stage for me, but I also found City Escape and Widmill Isle very iconic and enjoyable, considering a lot of first stages in Sonic games serve as tutorials and are boring most of the time.

4. What are your favourite first bosses?

I'm gonna go with Chaos 0 because I love 1vs1 fights, and Egg Beetle because it's your typical chase boss, and it's more fun than those who came after it, probably because it was fresh and new at the time.

5. What is your favourite Sonic '06 animation?

Not much to say here... Eggman's spinning chair.

6. What is the first Sonic game you completed?

Okay, the first Sonic game I completed was Sonic Heroes, I remember being pretty bad at videogames so the only stories I could complete in a while was Team Rose... uh, but Team Sonic was the most satysfying to finish and I enjoyed Team Chaotix's alternative tasks, while Team Dark was probably the worst, I know it had more challenge but it was the last story I completed so I was kind of frustrated because it was the 4th time I was playing those stages, the mood was mostly "let's just finish this damn thing".
Yeah, I sucked at playing back in 2004, I remember I couldn't get past to Power Plant in Team Sonic and Dark's stories, the lava section specifically, and then I got stuck again in Lost Jungle during the alligator section, it used to give me nightmares. I also took quite a while before finding out there was a final story, mostly because when I completed all the episodes, I got the message to find the emeralds and not the one with Neo Metal Sonic, and due to my lack of experience with Sonic games I did not know they would unlock something special, it was quite a surprise!

sonic-the-hedgehog_360.gif

The first Sonic game I ever completed (and the first with the Chaos Emeralds) was the original. While it took me a few years to beat all of the special stages in Sonic 2, it didn't take me long to do the same in this game. I remember my dad barking at me to collect all or most of the emeralds before Labyrinth Zone came along, as it was more difficult to hold onto 50 rings underwater. If I did end up there lacking an emerald, I'd hear "Don't hit the lamp post! You might need to start over for those rings!" as many times as there was a checkpoint. There was still Star Light Zone, though... Chill out, man.

First Sonic game I...well, completely completed was, rather embarrassingly, Sonic Heroes. Yeah, my previous love of the game disappeared when I returned to it as an older gamer, but back then, I thought it was the shit. This was also before I had consistent internet use, so my hype for the ending was pretty high (I didn't know who Metal Sonic was at this time.) At the time, the hype was deserved, when you're like, nine, nothing beats fighting a giant robot lizard thing.

One thing that HAS stayed consistent however, is my love for the ending theme, oh wow, sticks with me so much, still gives me goosebumps. Enough about the final boss, because that's maybe gonna be a later question, and more about my going through of the game.

I found it rather difficult in points, if I'm being honest. I was nine though, so, cut me some slack. Of particular difficulty, and something I still hate, is the Chaotix missions, which are really, really annoying. The length of Team Dark's stages also felt like a big of a slog. This was in the later stages of the game however, as I naturally chose Team Sonic first. Funnily enough, as back then for me GURLS HAD GERMS, Team Rose was the last team I went for, and that was a breeze, I couldn't believe it. After going through Sonic, Chaotix, and Dark stories, I got hit with a tutorial. Even my nine year old self found it hilarious.

The Chaos Emeralds were where I had trouble, and it wasn't the stages themselves I found hard, it was GETTING there. Frankly, I sucked at the game when I was younger, so getting through with a key, WITHOUT getting hit? Seemed like an impossible task to me. I did manage it however, and the feeling was great.

Looking back, I think the game took me from...well, if I got it on Easter...finished it...late winter the year after. Nearly year, it took me nearly a year to beat Heroes. Although, that may be due to the fact that I used be a pretty outdoorsy type when I was younger. Didn't play it much.

Day 6: First Sonic Game Won

OKxdjlY.jpg?1

Yay for Spin-offs counting in this round! smile.png

Interestingly enough, it was a Spin-off Sonic game that gave me the first taste of victory, as the Classic Sonic games were not too kind to me with me suffering ragequits aplenty in trying to play them. Oh well, there's no shame in my game-or lack of game this time around.  wink.png

After engaging in various fun battles which included such with beloved badniks Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts, the final level of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine involved a fitting showdown with the Doctor himself, that was very intense. I lost count of how many times he crushed me in frustrating defeat. Dr. Robotnik laughing at me didn't help matters when I lost. dry.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8dS_L5DNtE

But alas, thanks to some persistence, determination, adorable little Has Bean cheering me on and a couple of chain reactions occurring, I was finally able to beat Dr. Robotnik! 

gdhlpxl.png?1

The Doctor never fails to amuse me with how entertaining he is. He was even able to make me laugh even in the midst of defeat with that taunting gesture that he made at me there. tongue.png

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that "YOU WIN" message on the side of my screen in the match as honestly thought I could never beat this guy. All in all it was a great feeling to have finally beaten the game-and any video game at that. smile.png

Day 6 completed...that means we are 20% completed with this fun event! I can't wait to see what else is in store! happy.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Okay, the first Sonic game that I won is a bit of a strange case with a story behind it...

52e0t1.jpg

Yep, Knuckles Chaotix. Weird game to beat first, right? Well, here's where the story comes in. See, I was introduced to the Chaotix through the Archie comics. I didn't know that they were game characters because I didn't see them in the Genesis games. However, as soon as I noticed the "32X Adaptation!" blurb on the cover of the Knuckles Chaotix special, I thought..."What the Kero is a 32X?" Well, after some Ebaying, my parents were able to snatch me up both a 32X and a copy of the game. I played a bit of it and was blown away that there was both a Sonic platformer AND a Sega system that I didn't know about! Where does beating the game come into play and why is it so strange? Well, one day, a while after getting the game, I decided to play it again and chose a random file. (I didn't know the difference between the different ones because they looked largely identical and I was a kid who didn't really care to notice.) Well, then I was met with this:

2aenmnr.jpg

Yep. Suddenly, for whatever reason, I was fighting Metal Sonic Kai. I didn't know if it was some kind of cheat code that I accidentally discovered or a glitch, but I was fighting him without having to fight ANY of the previous bosses. I don't think it was a file already beaten by the previous owner, either, because I got the game new! With the shoddy cardboard box! It's still pretty much spotless even today! Anyway, I quickly dispatched him (He's kind of a pushover boss) and got the bad ending. To this day, that moment remains one of the oddest gaming experiences that I've ever had and it's incredibly strange to think that THAT was the first time I ever beat a Sonic game. (Technically, anyway. tongue.png)

• Thumbs Up 4

I may as well go back and answer one which I acually can answer.

Day 2: Favourite Special Stage

S3&K. Sonic & Knuckles was the first Sonic game I ever saw in action, so I imagine by extension it would've also been the first Special Stage I'd seen.

Firstly, it's the only Special Stage that puts me on edge just a little. It starts off nice and normal-paced, but then as you make progress it suddenly speeds up! At this point your maneuvering through the red spheres and literally one slip of the d-pad and WHAM, you've lost.

It also has my favourite music of all the Special Stages.

It also sounds really cool in the PC version.

A close second would probably be the original Sonic 1 Special Stages. It's so pretty :3

Question #6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

The first Sonic game I actually beat, huh...

Well, despite my having played Sonic games since I was around 3, I couldn't beat any of the classic Sonic games. I got stuck on Labyrinth Zone with Sonic 1 for being such a darn slog to go through (and I was quite an impatient twerp), Metropolis with Sonic 2 due mainly to the Trio of Terror and (especially) Carnival Night with Sonic 3 for obvious puzzle-related reasons. So, since that, I moved on past Sonic and stuck with Nintendo until the Gamecube era, which means...

220px-Sonic_adv_2_battle_box.jpg

Yep, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the first Sonic game that I actually beat. It was no mean feat, either -- similar to Blaire's experience with Mad Space, due to a particularly devilish bout of RNG, I got stuck on Meteor Herd for over an hour, searching for those darn Master Emerald shards. Also, the less said about my experiences with Cannon's Core without Knuckles' Air Necklace, the better. However, despite how I usually come across here with regards to the game nowadays, I honest-to-God had a blast with it. Whether it was speeding through everything with Sonic and Shadow, blasting anything and everything to smithereens with Tails and (especially) Eggman, or even searching for stuff while listening to some awesome tunes with Knuckles and Rouge, much was, indeed, fun. Even with full knowledge of everything that happens since then, the ending still gets me every time...

... But, anyway! Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was my first, and it was pretty swell. smile.png

Sonic's Story in Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.

As far as spinoffs go, I would also say Sonic R on the Sega Saturn, if that counts.

I'm not 100% sure.

The only games I remember owning before Heroes where Sonic 2 for the Master System which wasn't really mine and Sonic Advance and as far as I know, it took me years to actually beat those.

In Sonic 2 I was only able to reach Green Hills' boss when I was at a campsite and in Sonic Advance I always got stuck in Egg Rocket Zone. I've beat both of those a long time ago by now, naturally.

Now back to the daily question, I think the first Sonic game I beat was Sonic Advance 2 and by beat I mean the XX Zone, not that True Area Super Sonic bullshit that required the Emeralds.

WgQF9U0.png

If I remember correctly, two of my friends owned the game. One was a great friend while the other was a really bad influence.

During those years, in Summer, me and this dude used to play video games from morning to night at our grandma's apartment staircase and Sonic Advance 2 was one of them.

Sky Canyon used to be a huge pain in the ass because there was this one part where you had to do a trick to jump higher or you would fall in a bottomless pit.

After many tries we finally reached XX Zone and beat the game using Cream, or should I say Cheese?

Nowadays I already collected all the Emeralds and actually finished the game.

wQ2ivnS.jpg

Sonic 3D Blast on the PC was my first Sonic game in general. I found it to be great fun, although I got stuck a lot in later levels because I was too stupid to find some of the necessary badniks. It otherwise wasn't a challenging game, so there's not much else to say other than I've hated You're My Hero since. Oh, and the final bosses were the coolest things I had seen in a video game at the time.

Day 6: First game you win at hwo do I win game

Okay, I'm not exactly too clear on which Sonic game I beat first, but it's DEFINITELY either Sonic Adventure 2 Battle or Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

See, let's take a trip back in time to when I was a young lad at the age of 6. I became interested in Sonic after seeing some commercials for Sonic X, and Sonic looked like the epitome of cool for a child of that age. Naturally, I had to play his games. So, I went out to the local EB Games and picked up a used copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with my parents. To be fair, I could've gotten Mega Collection first, I don't remember. Either way, I had both and loved both very much.

Mega Collection was awesome, but out of all the games I loved Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles the most. I had a tendency to play Sonic 3 more, however, because it actually had a save function and I hadn't unlocked 3K at that point. Beating Sonic 3 seemed like a reasonable challenge, because of its short 6 zone length. So, I did just that. I, like most, got stuck at the barrel, but I had the saving grace that is 2003 Gamefaqs so that kinda makes this entire sentence useless and unnecessary. Sorry about that. Anyway, I beat it, and it was great!

At another moment in time, my cousin and I were super into SA2. He was always better than me at games, but whatever. I remember beating SA2 and being super excited, even calling him up on the phone to tell him. It was awesome.

Yay first post!

This sounds like a fun (and good) first topic to post in.

I'll start by answering the previous questions.

DAY 1 Favorite badnik

This is a tough question, I've never really thought about what my favorite badnik is.

I will go with, all of mushroom hill's. There was actually a lot for one zone, they were unique, and just had some nice designs (mushmeanie is cute).

DAY 2 Top five special stages

Another tough one!

5: sonic 3d blast. Kind of boring and not much of a challenge, but I like it. I think because it's different (and easy, I won't Kid myself)

4:COLORS DS. A nice spin on the half pipe special stage.

3: sonic cd. Unique, a challenge (but a good challenge), and I love the backgrounds, they make the stages feel like they are their own little zones.

2: sonic 3 & knuckles (Blue sphere). I just really love blue sphere, it's fun, tricky, and I love love love the music.

1: sonic 1. Even though I've been sucking at these lately, I've always loved these. The psychedelic trippy backgrounds, the amazing music, the puzzle aspect. It may not be 3d, but I love it.

DAY 3 Favorite first zone.

Even though I usually lump these together, I have to say mushroom hill, the unique badniks, bouncing on the mushrooms, using the pulleys, see-saw mushrooms and floating mushrooms, and a different kind of boss. The music too, it's very bouncy and fun.

I'm also going to say emerald coast. A wonderful way to be introduced to the new (at the time) 3D gameplay. I'm a sucker for beach stages and I think emerald coast is very pretty.

DAY 4 Favorite first boss

I'll go with the Egg Hammer Tank. It's a more challenging version of the emerald hill boss and I love how egg man goes crazy with the hammer when there's just one hit left.

DAY 5 Funniest sonic 06 animation

The NPCs. They just look odd flailing there arms about. I also love when you attack them and they stumble around and crazily yell. The eggman egg wyren bit is great, especially with the sound effect, it just seems so out of place in the game, and I love that gif of blaze running into the checkpoint, so funny.

DAY 6 First Sonic game you won

I'm not entirely sure, I think it would have been either 1 or 3. It couldn't have been 2 because I could never beat the last boss without debug when I was younger. I'm pretty sure it wasn't s&k or s3&k. I'm going to have to say 3. I think I would've been more likely to have beaten 3 over a period of time than 1 in one sitting, plus 3 is easier to beat for me than 1 is.

The first Sonic game I finished was Heroes. It's the game that got me into the series when I first played it at a friend's house around 10 years ago, and a little later I bought it for myself. I guess I was mostly pulled in by the exciting cool, creative levels. I don't think it's aged especially well, but I still have fond memories of it. 

Sonic 1.... .... ...

Well that all seems to be in well and order... see you Day 7.

Okay a bit more...

Okay well... Sonic 1 was the first Sonic game I owned and it was the first game I beat, even in terms of 100% completion, all the emeralds, legitimately with no cheats. Then I moved onto Sonic 1 Game Gear and the next was Sonic 2.

Edit: Wait... if we've missed a day it's ok to catch up with it?