Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I just consider it cute by 06 standards. It sure beats what we got in the actual in-game show!

Oh man, oh man where to begin with this? I think I got a couple of gifs of funny animations of Sonic 06 to chose from. Here goes nothing...

First up, a mach speed section from Wave Ocean:

tumblr_mwjw8v2JPJ1s3ot0fo1_r1_500.gif

Sonic's midair break dance of doom that looks retarded as all all hell, but funny at the same time. This move can also destroy items in his path too. "Mom, I think I broke Sonic..."

Here's an early section from Wave Ocean:

168937.gif?v=1

Sonic apparently has been granted the power to gently walk upside down on a loop section.

Next up; Here's a hovercraft section with Shadow in Dusty Desert:

tumblr_mxf7kqGHsU1smne15o2_500.gif

Apparently the sand was too much for Shadow's vehicle to handle...

Here's a lovely section from Solenna Town with Silver and Blaze.

tumblr_mxf7kqGHsU1smne15o1_250.gif

Uhhh... yeah... I don't what the hell's going on with Silver here...

A little mission in Solenna Town to destroy Eggman's robots (before going to White Acropolis):

tumblr_mq51efg1mP1rl74r2o1_250.gif

Sonic is being pushed by a rolling barrel during a results screen and... Knuckles are you feeling alright back there?

And of course the last but not least gif of Dr. Eggman, although it's already been shown by the Great Dr. Crusher, but fuck it. I want to share it too:

tumblr_mywrk9l1zc1qmmsq4o2_250.gif

Because, this sequence alone is just too funny for words and it's THE best one! tongue.png

168937.gif?v=1

Obligatory video.

Crusher posts it, so you don't have to.

tumblr_mq51efg1mP1rl74r2o1_250.gif

"Help me Knuckles."

"...No."

"I can't move my legs Knuckles. These shoes are brand new. Pleeeeaaaasssseeee..."

"... ... ...No."

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay, my Funniest 06 Animation pick is...

20urbtl.jpg

Yep, thousand-yard sparkly stare. This one is hilarious not just because of the random sparkles, but because it fully showcases the complete and utter lack of facial animation in this game. In a scene where Amy should logically have a variety of dreamy and overwhelmingly happy expressions as she fantasizes with Elise about her knight in twin speed shoes, what does her face convey? COMPLETELY. BLANK. STARING. The closest she gets to emoting in the WHOLE scene is BLINKING HER EYES A BIT and considering that Sonic Adventure 2, a game released FIVE YEARS before this, managed to give her more than a few unique expressions, it's just plain pathetic. They may have tried to differentiate Mephiles from the rest of the characters by making his face a blank slate to imply his demonosity, but little did they know that EVERY CHARACTER IS THIS WAY.

• Thumbs Up 8

Obligatory video.

Crusher posts it, so you don't have to.

"Help me Knuckles."

"...No."

"I can't move my legs Knuckles. These shoes are brand new. Pleeeeaaaasssseeee..."

"... ... ...No."

Oooh, sorry. I guess I'm probably the only one that didn't see that video... sad.png

Seriously, why is Knuckles standing there like that with his arms crossed and that head bob, nod or whatever you want to call it? It looks way too odd. Then when Sonic throws the letter back at him, Knuckles fumbles trying to catch it, drops it, and when it hits the ground he stomps his foot on it to get it out of his sight and acted like it wasn't there in the first place maybe? Overall Knuckles' body language was strange and funny in that cutscene.

Knuckles' body language was strange and funny throughout the entire game. He (and to a lesser extent, Blaze) acts like he knows he's in the game, and he just wants his paycheck.

They may have tried to differentiate Mephiles from the rest of the characters by making his face a blank slate to imply his demonosity, but little did they know that EVERY CHARACTER IS THIS WAY.

Spoiler: The Duke of Soleanna was Geppetto all along.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's funny how Tails, Sonic and Knuckles all ended up hitting the ground in different ways. Sonic landed on his feet for once, while Tails and Knuckles weren't that fortunate-especially Knuckles. Thankfully they were all okay as they got up pretty quickly. What Sonic didn't know at this point was that he would undergo many falls and faceplantings in the future so he wouldn't be off the look for very long. tongue.png

This explains everything.

Think about it, the only (okay not really) time Sonic doesn't hit the ground face first after a fall...and it's in the game where every event within it ended up erased. What if Sonic faceplanting so much, in the past and future, is the universe trying to correct itself after that reset?

Me and my conspiracies are onto you, Sonic Team. Step it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5

I've never actualy played the games, but from what I've seen the cutscenes have plently of rediculous goof ups

Funniest 06 animation?

tumblr_mgnbrptBM11rj64zqo1_400.gif

Mephiles is an hardcore ballerina. He literally spins off camera. 

That's so badass.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, my Funniest 06 Animation pick is...

20urbtl.jpg

Yep, thousand-yard sparkly stare. This one is hilarious not just because of the random sparkles, but because it fully showcases the complete and utter lack of facial animation in this game. In a scene where Amy should logically have a variety of dreamy and overwhelmingly happy expressions as she fantasizes with Elise about her knight in twin speed shoes, what does her face convey? COMPLETELY. BLANK. STARING. The closest she gets to emoting in the WHOLE scene is BLINKING HER EYES A BIT and considering that Sonic Adventure 2, a game released FIVE YEARS before this, managed to give her more than a few unique expressions, it's just plain pathetic. They may have tried to differentiate Mephiles from the rest of the characters by making his face a blank slate to imply his demonosity, but little did they know that EVERY CHARACTER IS THIS WAY.

Amy was a soul sucking demon the whole time!

How could anyone for get the flying box kick glitch?!

I mean really, how the heck does that work?! So you use the slide kick a couple times near a box and then you have lift off! It's just ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM

This video shows a lot of hilarious stuff. I mean what's up with Sonic in his snowboard animation? It like he's like "Aww Yeah! This is fun!". 

Day 5/5 - Stupid/Funniest Sonic '06 Animations

Searching hard for ones that people didn't mention is hard D:

"Dramatic camera zoom" beats all.

Day 5 comprete.

You guys probably saw this coming from a mile away that this would be posted, but I'll do it anyway.

This entire cutscene as a whole is funny for the wrong intentions. The whole context in itself, the melodramatic music building up to the jaw-dropping climax that's still remembered as the biggest shocking thing out of the whole entire game.

Well, besides this bit right here:

hqdefault.jpg

But yeah, this entire scene, while meant to be emotional and memorable, it sure became memorable and invokes all manners of emotions that the game didn't aim for.

And you gotta love the look on Silver's face that arises right when IT happens. He connects the general audience.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Funniest 06 animation, you say?

That one's easy for me: every time someone gets hurt or runs into a wall. They just fall down like a dumbass, even when they've been hit by meteors, lasers, rammed into a wall via dash panel, or even getting caught in an explosion!laugh.png

Badges, huh? Count me in, then; I've had terrible luck catching the most recent ones, and would like to make up for it.

And although I appear to have missed five of the days, I feel I should list my entries all the same.

Favorite Badnik:

Heroes_E-2000r.PNG

E-2000

This one seems sort of hypocritical of me, as I don't like how mech-based the enemies became as the series went on, but these things were just so kick-butt in Sonic Heroes compared to the drones you usually fought, I couldn't help but love them. Plus, they look like Eggman's own ripped-off, transformable versions of the GUN mechs and beetles, which makes them doubly awesome as proof of a form of rivalry between Eggman's and Gun's tech divisions.

Top 5 Favorite Special Stages:

5: S3&K's Blue sphere

Accessible at all times using S3&K's save states, and the most do-able SS of the classics, this is the only Classic special stage I can play without tearing my hair out. The puzzle element of it really makes it a unique one, too, while still not shying away from the speed element the series is known for.

4: Colors DS' Orb pipes

Very easy to understand and master. The addition of ranks also adds to the replayability of them. Plus, dat music.

3: Sonic Rush Adventure's Johnny races

Using the design of a regular video game level and utilizing the thrill of racing against an equal/better opponent rather than a set rule, I'd say these stages changed up the status quo of the SS the most.

2: Sonic 4 Episode I's Mazes

So everyone remembers the first special stage, right? Trippy, insane stages which have you rolled up in a ball while trying to traverse a maze made out of mints? Well, these stages are the almost the exact same thing with higher-resolution sprites and textures, except for two small changes: They actually have save states, and they can all be paused and reset at any time! That means they're actually doable!

Yeah I guess I am a bit of a wuss.

1: Sonic Rush's Half pipes

Yeah, it's another half-pipe stage. What makes it so different, then? Can you say the introduction of touch-slagging-screen controls?!?! Seriously, touch screen controls work so well with these types of stages, it's not even funny. (when done right, at least. *glares at S4EII's iPhone SS) Add to that the fact that they can be done in any stage order you want after finishing the game, the enemies who come and attack you, and the sheer intensity of the final stages, and you have a winner in my book.

Favorite first stage:

Pppresent.png

Palmtree Panic

WHOOOO!!! YAAAaaaaayyyeahIdon'treallyliketheAmericansoundtrackforthisstage. Other than that, though, this stage has tons of stuff that I love about it. Super colorful and simple while still being as exciting and complex as it can be, this stage is just beautiful to look at and play through. It's what I saw when I first played Green Hill Zone, but bigger, brighter, and better. It's also a great area to explore, a first for an opening stage in the series at that time. Plus, it also introduces you to the huge amounts of charm the game has to offer, such as the quirky badniks, Sonic's animations, enviromental interaction, and the super-replayable past and future stage gimmicks, as well. All in all, for an opening act, this game is possibly the best opening act in a Sonic game yet, and is definitely one of my favorites.

Favorite first boss:

Bigfoot.png

F-6t Big Foot

This boss battle was pretty cool for me. I mean, throughout the series, you've been battling mech upon mech from Eggman, and you never gave it a second thought because... well, Eggman. Yeah, he did come up with a few bad bots, such as the Doomsday machine, but was never something you couldn't handle, right? It's all good. But now, you're not fighting Eggman, you're not fighting Knuckles, you're not fighting a water dude with brains inside of him, you're fighting the government. Yeah. You, Sonic the hedgehog, are now a marked criminal by the entire nation, possibly the entire world. Perhaps you've gotten in over your head this time? Perhaps you should slow down for a sec and get some answe-nah, let's kick their cans in!

Also, this arena formula is the exact formula I want to be used for 3D Eggman bosses like the classics had. In those games, you had to stand and fight, as Eggman was no coward while equipped with a means of fighting you. Nowadays, all he does is... runs. Like a wimp. Where is your honor Eggman? Stand and fight me man-to-man, like you used to!

Day 5: Funniest Sonic 06 animation:

As for today's question, having never played Sonic 06 and having not watched any playthroughs on it, I really can't think of anything without looking through and using GIFs people have already posted. However, since I have watched the cutscenes, I will say that the funniest scene I've watched would be the one where Sonic leaps towards the cliff, misses it, falls to his doom, and then gets sent skyward again by the explosion caused by the Egg Carrier. Those facial expressions had me in stitches, I tell ya.

Actually they didn't, but I can't think of anything funnier. That whole story was a borefest.

Day 5: Complete?

• Thumbs Up 1

Im giving that one to Knuckles failing to catch the card Sonic threw at him and trying to play it off as him being a cool guy when in fact he's just acting like a tool. It's so funny because I can't for the life of me figure out why Sonic Team would go out of their way to make Knuckles looks like such a dammned idiot. It's both hilarious and sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

I must be the only one who finds Iblis kid of adorable (or even sexy... urrrgh!)

UwX059.gif

And now Silver you'll face my devastating Boob-Shaking-Meteor-Shower!

3uMbfL.gif

I'll crush you with this random piece of rock (that miraculously didn't melt in the lava...)

JdCYSs.gif

Wait for it... Wait for it... Wait for it... There-OW MY BACK! The doctor told me to not lift excessive weight!

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, tough call. For me, my favourite animation is one of two things.

One is the thing that occurs whenever you stand on a connecting edge, and the character glitches left and right at seizure level speeds. That said, I'm not sure that counts as an animation, but as a glitch?

In which case, I'm quite fond of the idle animation dance contests you can end up with in two player. These are also possible during the above mentioned animation/ glitch, so... Erm?

Honestly, there's just too much that I love-to-hate-to-love about '06 to narrow it down further than that. I'd be here all day otherwise!

tumblr_mxqbg5afDC1t302sho1_500.gif

Tails, the fuck are you doing.

Tails in general is... really something

Especially the way he runs and walks, I'm splitted between considering it adorably creepy or creeply adorable wacko.png

Day 5

Well never actually having played 06 myself, due to the lack of a 360, I'm limited to those I have seen on YouTube.

For me though a few stick out and really make me chuckle. Mainly the stiffness of the characters, I mean they don't really move in a natural way and I swear none of the models actually have movable fingers, they just sorta gently flop around with the direction of movemen.

But I always found it funny whenever someone was typing on a keyboard, especially that Tails scene.

Another hilarious scene was Mephelies pirouette, like he is trying to come across as mysterious and creepy, but it doesn't work, he just looks utterly blizzare.

But the thing that takes the cake for me Is Eggmans ejection from the Egg Wyvern, I saw it and how he bounced off the debris from the Egg Carrier and I literally choked on my drink!

Badges, huh? Count me in, then; I've had terrible luck catching the most recent ones, and would like to make up for it.

And although I appear to have missed five of the days, I feel I should list my entries all the same.

I'm afraid we're on day 5 so the fifth day will only be accepted now, still plenty of time to snag one of the badges but you won't be able to snag the top 30 days complete badge. If you continue to post daily of course! ;)

Wait, we can get badges from participating in this!?

Really I can't just choose one, they are so many good ones. I've been laughing while I was reading other peoples choices and I just can't choose my favorite.

I think I probably choose all of Sonic 06's animations, or at least almost all of them.

But I probably just mention the Eggman one when you defeated the Egg Wyvern, since is probably the one that was made on purpose.