Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Those mach-speed sections always scared me.

Not because they were too fast or anything, but every time Sonic landed I thought he was going to snap his neck. 

(0:25)

There are a lot of hilariously awkward scenes that come to mind (such as Sonic's dramatic fall to the ground, Shadow's roundhouse kick and Mephiles' little dance as he moves off-screen), but that particular one always pops into my head because it represents how badly Knuckles has been treated for a long time.

(First 10 seconds)

Oh and this weird moment where Omega seemingly stops Mephiles in his tracks is another. Everything is executed in the most lifeless manner possible in this game.

Sonic's mouth here looks incredibly awkward. It never moves and the teeth look awful.

ibaS9EPRLdiBa7.gif

His eyes look soulless too. Also, Blaze's movement as if she's bored of standing there like a mannequin laugh.png

Haha, that whole scene was pretty naff.

Reminds me of this clip.

Jeez it still confuses me how people will blindly defend this game. But at the very least it's brought us insurmountable amounts of joy out of satire and parody. Sonic 2006 is worth it's weight in GOLD for that alone.

igSomxF2fk1pU.gif

"I'm meltiiiing!"

"MELTIIIIIING!"

"Oh what a world! What a world!"

I always thought that the pool of 'darkness' he turns into was too small proportionate to Mephiles' melty mass. His head motions look off too.

Also, Rouge's really odd sauntering walk with her arms dangling behind her looks....weird.

i1uonNKai14D6.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

igSomxF2fk1pU.gif

"I'm meltiiiing!"

"MELTIIIIIING!"

"Oh what a world! What a world!"

You're no Judge Doom, Mephileslie.

You talked about Rouge, but it's Shadow that gets me. Like the final scene in Silver's story, this is one of those weird "half CG half in-game"-style cutscenes, so you see Mephiles in the complete CG style (complete with silly bouncing effects for his Raspberry Slush Puppy mouth), yet when there's a close up of Shadow looking in surprise at the about-to-explode Scepter of Darkness, he merely looks as though he's just felt something in his mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a lot of hilariously bad animation in '06, but the best worst for me is the physicsless card toss and Knuckles failing to catch it. Not just because it's so lazily animated, but because it's just so pointless. They don't even try to push it far enough to be funny, they just rush past it and act like it never happened. It's like a blooper that wasn't even funny enough to make it into the blooper reel.

• Thumbs Up 1

This here, at 7:14.

"You be careful, Tails." *mouth continues to move as Sonic seif-assuredly puts his hand on his hip*

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5

Funniest animation in Sonic 06?

I can't find a gif of it but every time the snowboard section comes up in White Acropolis I always have to keep from busting out laughing when I start going up mountains like a horse in Skyrim or something.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sonic 06 (gravity and common sense not included)

• Thumbs Up 1

"You be careful, Tails." *mouth continues to move as Sonic seif-assuredly puts his hand on his hip*

"Hey Tails, what am I miming?"

"Uh... right, okay... it's the name of a book..."

maxresdefault.jpg

That must be a powerful fucking javelin if it can hold Sonic's weight.

• Thumbs Up 4

ibaS9EPRLdiBa7.gif

i1uonNKai14D6.gif

Both Rouge and Blaze in these shots look like they're hanging from wires and just kind of dangling around.

In fact everybody kind of looks like that thanks to the mocap. They walk like poorly constructed puppets. 

Why else do you think I keep making all these Geppetto jokes?

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the snowboarding, the "Oourgh" sound Sonic makes when he hits something and bowls over makes me laugh. It's more the voice than the animation, but it's so goofy.

This here, at 7:14.

I never noticed before, but when Tails is talking just before that line, he suddenly snaps about half a foot backwards just before the camera switches to Sonic and Elise.
  • Thumbs Up 5

I never noticed before, but when Tails is talking just before that line, he suddenly snaps about half a foot backwards just before the camera switches to Sonic and Elise.

Tails, master of instant transmission!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, he does.

"I'll get their attention... from waaaaay back here."

Not sure if this has been posted yet...but:

Day 5: Favorite/Funniest Animation in 2006

This gem right here: 

http://youtu.be/eMdRPjw3Yik

You know, one of the 'shining' moments of Rad Red? It's 'played off for laughs' but for the wrong reasons. 

This game did not give Knuckles his due at ALL.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of Tails, after Sonic shows off his miming skills to Tails in Dusty Desert, the fox runs off, but as soon as he does that, it looks like his head is about to fall off, so he's trying to get to the hospital as quick as possible.

iwkV1kPrYiJlo.gif

Why is Knuckles nodding completely randomly here with no expression whatsoever on his face?

Has he got a song in his head or something?

"Ohhh Rouge, she's sexy and smooth"

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

iwkV1kPrYiJlo.gif

"Give me a minute guys, this fucking itch at the back of my neck won't go away."

"...But Crusher already made this joke a few pages ag-"

"SHADDAP."

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like he's screaming internally when he does that.

"Man, I wish I could just walk away, but this is supposed to be the 15th Anniversary and I just need that goddamn paycheck..."

EDIT: Oh, and any favorite I had for funniest animation has already been covered and explained greatly than I could, so...

Also, Rouge's really odd sauntering walk with her arms dangling behind her looks....weird.

i1uonNKai14D6.gif

Oh, Rouge? Don't mind her -- she's just walking along the tightrope in her mind. Dealing with Mephiles' idiocy will do that.