Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

You can include a previous day in a post if you want to. However, you'll still miss the badge for the full 30 days if you didn't actually make it in time.

Question #6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

The first game in the series was the first I've ever completed.... Well, I beat the story. A bigger triumph, however, 100%'ing this gem:

tumblr_lrcbpjlWns1qfwzeuo8_r1_250.gif

It happened in the summer of 2011. Sonic Generations was getting hyped up like hell since it's announcement. Like everyone, I was pumped, especially for classic Sonic gameplay in a modern day Sonic game. In celebration, I played Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on Sonic Classic Collection for the Nintendo DS on my DSi and made it my goal to play as both Sonic and Tails and get all of the Chaos Emeralds as both. I wasn't all that good at the game at the time, having only played it until Marble Hill Zone the last time I did, so it took a few weeks and a looooot of continues to reach my goal. I sucked. But I did manage to get all of the Chaos Emeralds twice, which of course costed some of the hairs on my scalp, because man, did Blue Spheres kick my ass.

While the game mostly gave me a hard time, I saw how excellent it was as I played, and the complete version, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, is my favorite 2D Sonic game and my favorite platforming game.

Second to Rayman Origins.

Day 6: First Sonic game I won?

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Despite the fact the I got it in 2003, I didn't finish it until about 8 months later. The reason? Security Hall. Yeah, I got stuck on it for half a year (c'mon, I was 6!).This game actually lasted me so long that trying to beat it became my 'thing': my family would be downstairs, talking, and say "Where's Dan?". "Trying to finish Sonic" was the reply every time. I was kinda sad when I beat it though. It meant the adventure was over; no more cutscenes, no more new levels -- the characters were pretty static, barring a replay, now that it was finished, and it left me wanting more. Eventually, I moved onto SA 1, where I used the adventure fields to make my own stories (but that's another tale for another day).

Day 6

Hmm my first completed Sonic game i'm pretty sure was Sonic Adventure.

I remember trying to play Sonic 2 and 3 and Knuckles, but only being a toddler i was never very good!

But yeah I remember beating it, I was so proud of myself, it may have alsoa ctually been the first game i completed, like ever!

Mine was Sonic 3 without Knuckles, having struggled against Big Arm for weeks, I finally got the timing down with Tails when I was 8 years old (ironically). Had nice background music for a finale and credits.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first Sonic game that I ever completed. Man, that game brings back memories. I grew up on SA2B, and I completed it when I was 8-10 years old (I can't remember exactly how old I was, but it was in that range). It remains one of my favorite titles in the series to this day.

I guess my first completed game was... Adventure 2 Battle?

I recall picking that one up along with the GameCube and Smash Bros when I first got the machine. It was the game that got me back into Sonic after a gap of at least 5 years.

That said, I wasn't really 'into' Sonic in the first place, so I suppose Adventure 2 Battle is the entire reason I call myself a fan today.

Day 6: Which Sonic game was the first one that you won at?

Well, unlike almost everyone else, it is very easy for me to remember this as it was a little less than two years ago.

The first Sonic game I ever completed, and indeed the first one I ever played, was Sonic Generations.

H6UJxAl.jpg

I had come into the series through AoStH, and I soon found out about the game series, and it was a year or so after that that I decided to try it. So, I got Sonic Generations on Steam. It was the most recent title, and it was on PC, so it was an ideal choice. I played it a whole lot, and enjoyed it very much. I replayed stages and did some of the challenges, not wanting to complete it too quickly since I knew it was quite short.

I want to 100% it sometime, since I don't think I've ever 100%'d a game before. I did get to 96% in Spyro: A Hero's Tail, but then my save file randomly corrupted (and it wasn't the first time, either) and I ragequit tongue.png. So Generations might become not only the first Sonic game I played and beat, but also the first game ever that I 100%.

If this doesn't show how new I am to the fanbase, then I don't know what does tongue.png

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is just down to the wire, ain't it?

So my first Sonic game was Sonic 2, and I did technically beat it... but I used codes to get Super Sonic and actually beat the game the first time around. It probably wasn't until years later I legitimately beat the game on my own.

The first game I legitimately beat without codes was Sonic 3. My sister and I beat it together and got Super Sonic all in one playthrough. After that, I tackled the Knuckles portion of Sonic 3 & Knuckles on my own, which I did clear with all fourteen Emeralds. I always found Knuckles's side a little easier, and at the time, he was my favorite character (he still is one of my favorites) so that likely contributed to me favoring playing with him more. That and the awesome Super Mecha Sonic battle at the end. I probably used codes for Sonic's side, since Knuckles doesn't get a cool showdown in the Hidden Palace or a shot at the Death Egg like Sonic does. Sonic's side was always difficult since Carnival Night was sort of torture for me and my sister and we couldn't figure out how to clear it after the first time for so long (which I eventually did--I'm amazed at how stupidly simple it is in hindsight).

30 Days Zone Act 6:

The first Sonic game I ever beat happens to also be the first Sonic game I ever played:Sonic-CD.jpg Sonic CD.

Whoo boy this masterpiece. Funny thing, I like(d) the bad ending equally to the good ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

~SSMB Has Cleared Completed Complexity Act 6!~

You little... You little...

Question #7: Which Egg Mobile design(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

Wy4PxfC.png
Ironically, it's not normally this happy and vibrant.

Ever since the very first Sonic game, Dr. Robotnik has rarely showed up without his grey and black and also green during the time of Anime Metal Sonic and racially insensitive alien invasions floating vehicle of reckoning, and with said floating vehicle of reckoning, he utilises it in many ways, including but not limited to electrocuting echdinas in front of the kiddies. The most common usage however is by attaching it to the cockpit of a thousand machines - drill cars, hammer trucks, the occasional former giant monster, among many others - built for the sole purpose of killing loudmouth hedgehogs and spreading their remains across the land. A worthy cause, I'm sure you'll agree. But like some of the characters in the series, the Egg Mobile has had a few cosmetic changes over the years, and with so many variations of the vehicle, it's to be expected that every person will have a favourite version or two. So... which ones would those be for you guys?

Note: No, the Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't count. Hahahaha.

Crusher's Thoughts: Out of the more "traditional" designs, my top choices would have to be the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the one from the original Sonic Adventure (I think it was also the same one used in both of the Sonic Rush games?), and the one from every main game since Sonic Unleashed. The S3&K one has this very... hard look to it. I mean, yes, it's made of metal just like the rest, but it has this "armored" feel to it, and I like it a lot. As for the Adventure 1 and Post-Unleashed Egg Mobiles, they're pleasant enough to look at, and they get the job done. Can't really ask for more than that.

Along with those three, I also really like the Egg Mobile from Sonic Advance 3, despite not actually looking that egg-shaped compared to most versions. It looks more like the mobile equivalent of a Goblin Glider, and that's a look I can get behind. (Especially since Sonic is the runner-up in the Bad History With Spikes contest. The winner is Mega Man, of course.)

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 4

I liked Eggmobile with the mind control laser from Colors, just something about it feels so right. Maybe it's all the purple?

amAVLwm.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Zone 7: Favorite Egg-Mobile Design

The one with a SEGA Dreamcast in it.

1361849-sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

The modern Egg-Mobile design is my favorite. It encompasses everything that the previous ones had, and keeps that classic feel while giving it a nice modern sheen.

I mean, look at that thing go!

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm gonna go for the original design from Sonic 1. It's just so classic and simple:

Eggy.png

I'd love to have this in place of a car. Fuck you traffic!

Also, even if it's not "Eggman-y", I do like the look of '06's Egg Mobile. Just something about it makes me think it'd be cooler in a different game.

06_Eggmobile_02.jpg

Also, fun fact: Given how you can bust up the Egg Mobile at the end of Sonic 1, I always assume that the Sonic 2 one is just Eggman covering up the damaged spots on the original.

Oh god, why did you pick a hard one...

But anyway

DAY 7 OF 30

FAVORITE EGG MOBILE DESIGN 

Mine would probably be the one from the comics

ArmedMobile024.jpg

This seem like something only Eggman would do. It's centrally a more wacker and more armed Sonic 1  Egg Mobile but I personally favored it just because of the hands.

now only if this was the Egg Walker in SA2...

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 7:

I'll go with Sonic CD's, since while most of its attachments stunk, overall it had a decent feel, and customized itself for each of attachment, but of course the best of the versions is the one from Stardust Speedway, since its got a giant booster and SUPER LASER OF DOOM!

MetalSonicSSGF3.png

...These questions are getting more and more out there. I can't even tell the Egg Moblies apart!

...Okay, let's go with rule of cool. What makes things cool? Monster trucks.

Eggman1.png

Therefore, I put forth the Egg Monster from the original S&SASR. Sure, his vehicle in ASRT could transform into three pretty cool machines, but look at this thing. Eggman's got his hands on the levers like "Yeah, this is my baby and it is gonna make your vehicle its servant in no time flat", he just knows how extreme he looks in it. He even added those extra exhaust pipes even though the Egg Mobile already has perfectly good ones to begin with. They just add to the awesome that is this machine. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 7: Favourite Eggmobile design

Funnily enough, I never noticed too much difference until you asked this question, at which point I had to go do some research to get an answer.

Eggmobile_Sonic_3.png

Sonic 3's Eggmobile.

Unlike other, more spherical means of eggy transportation, the Sonic 3 Eggmobile is decidedly more ovular, with a shape that resembles the lower two-thirds of an egg. This model has the shape nailed -- not too round, not too short. There's not much more to say than that, but this egg mobile fits the egg motif so well that I don't think I can say any more about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the current Eggmobile a lot because while it keeps the same characteristics as the classic one it still looks modern. The example Soni showed with the mind control laser from Sonic Colours is definitely a favourite of mine, though I also like the Unleashed one with the Dreamcast.

I can't even tell the Egg Moblies apart!

Then you will be exterminated.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have 3, of course, the traditional, Sonic 1/2/3 style. and these, more unique looking ones.

Sonic OVA:

Is_this_Egg_Mobile_or_something_else.png

(I hope it counts)

I just love this one for it's unique approach. It looks quite futuristic, and looks fit for traveling long distances. It's hovercar like design just sits well with me. It's also got aAMAZING gadgets like THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE RACE SET which is sooooo ingenious.

Another is Sonic Riders.

Eggmobile_in_Sonic_Riders.png

This took a more chunky, industrialized approach and boy does it fit Eggy like a glove in this series. I think this is really fitting for it's series with Eggman's factories being quite industrial too to go along with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY SEVEN: EGGMOBILES

Eggmobile_Sonic_3.png

Sonic 3 (and Knuckles') Eggmobile is actually one of my favorite designs in the forever of the Eggmobile. 

I know, it looks a bit dark, round and all, but really, it's grown so much on me I just can't let it go. Maybe it's just because Sonic 3's my favorite. Maybe its the shape and how round it is, but I dunno, I just like it so much.

Eggmobile-Sonic4.gif

I also enjoy Sonic 4's Eggmobile, like, a lot. It's like a mix of the new with the old. It's also really, really shiny. And I like that. Despite the supposed budget cuts, ol' 'buttnik can still make a fancy looking ride (that can still be destroyed in a matter of seconds).

I'm also pretty keen on the current one Eggman's been cruising in lately. It has a Dreamcast in there, so it at least deserves praise where praise is due. Also the things on the sides make it look like it has eyes.

Robotnik_28.png

Favorite Eggmobile design, you reckon? My favorite is the one from Sonic 2. I dunno why it appeals to me so much, it may look a bit to chunky and wonky for some people's tastes, but I especially like the wings and exhaust pipes, and the look of the cockpit.

sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

I really like the one from Unleashed/Colors/LW. It takes alot of the things I liked from the other designs and put them into one. Its reminiscent of the classic design but updates it with a modern touch. And looking at it in the gorgeous CG cutscenes from the three of those games makes the seats in this one look comfortable to sit in. I want to sit in it!

• Thumbs Up 1