Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Knuckles: "I'll have the last laugh. I'll have muscles in a few years. And fingers. Then we'll see who can't catch cards."

EDIT: Already made this joke, but again, couldn't resist, because NOW I have the power of GIFSound on my side. (Still bitter over not discovering this until now.)

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 5: Funniest Sonic '06 animation?

Ever since Sonic Adventure 2, I've been waiting for someone to exploit Chaos Control in combat. And Sonic '06, despite it's technical, omnipresent issues, managed to deliver.

tumblr_lxjxzno6qy1qdtw9eo1_500.gif

Sure, the idea itself is funny. But the stiffness of the models makes it look even more goofy. The famous kick to the back of Silver's head -- it's probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me. Personal story time: See, I bought Sonic '06 in (gasp) '06. And I thought it was okay. Then, just over a year ago when I started getting back into Sonic, I re-bought it just so I could own it; crazy, I know, but I needed to re-evaluate it. SPOILERS: It's terrible. Anyways, when I was re-playing it, I called my brother in to watch this cutscene. To this day it's the only thing he's ever enjoyed from a Sonic game.

As a YouTuber I watch would say: "It's just so bootleg!"

How could I forget Tails' over-uber-exaggerated excitement for a Chaos Emerald?

4Zj2QJ.gif

Dude calm down, it's not the Holy Grail!

Day 5: Funniest Animation in Sonic '06

Sonic '06... there's so much to talk about this God awful entry in the history of Sonic The Hedgehog, yet for this occasion we can take a deep look into how badly animated the game was. From their awkward gestures to their unemotional expressions, there are so many hilarious animations featured in this game which can be translated into such hilarious moments to remember, but if I have to pick one scene that stood out the most, I'll say...

thisisterribletails-o.gif

Tails' Keyboard Smashin' Panic!

The cutscene where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles finds out the terrible fate of Princess Elise and Dr Eggman features an extremely hilarious animation from Tails' side. The way he uses the keyboard, the way he types stuff from that keyboard... doesn't seem a very precise way to input something on a keyboard, right? Nope, he seems like he's randomly typing stuff or just simply smashing the poor keyboard like if Tails went into panic mode.

His featuring line in that scene, "This is terrible", sums up perfectly fine the quality of that animation. Well, even the quality of the game altogether!

Dr Eggman does it too!

iY6ZycITEsVYg.gif

He looks more like a child playing a piano than a man who is well-versed in using computers. Elise looks away as if she is trying to stop herself from laughing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dr Eggman does it too!

iY6ZycITEsVYg.gif

He looks more like a child playing a piano than a man who is well-versed in using computers. Elise looks away as if she is trying to stop herself from laughing.

Genius and composer, I see.

Speaking of which, whenever Sonic pulls off his "Mach Speed Leaps" shall we say, and whenever he uses the Moonjump-in-Disguise Gem, I always hum the John Williams Superman theme.

EDIT: Oh balls, how could I forget. Going back to this one for a second...

iKdGUbvq6HJHn.gif

"Eeehhh, macarena!"

Un poco de música, por favor.

• Thumbs Up 4

What have I started

You have started something beautiful, Indigo. That's what you caused.

These gifs with music are priceless. XD keep em coming guys!

ibaS9EPRLdiBa7.gif

The acting in that scene is God awful! For me, it's a highlight of Jason Griffith's mediocre voice acting in Sonic 06 and proof of just how horribly funny the voice acting was overall.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if this game was mocapped or not. It certainly looks that way, what with all the over the top movements and creepy puppet motions but man it's odd. Why would anyone dress up in a tight suit and mocap a furry anyway? XP

Gotta add one additional animation to the bunch!

01mEXB.gif

Surfin’ SONIC

I mean, the fact he's not running on the water but sliding above it... it looks like he tripped on a banana peel before he began gliding above waters with style (?).

• Thumbs Up 2

Just about all of 06's animations were terrible, but Sonic's mach speed breakdancing whenever he hits something never fails to make me smile. 

My other favorite goes to Shadow kicking Silver in the back of the head. It's a really stupid scene and it looks pretty bad, but it's hilarious, the most practical thing Shadow's done with Chaos Control throughout the whole series, and Silver 100% deserved it. 

Day 5: Funniest Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Animations

Well, I have never played this game. When I lamented in the statuses that I could certainly not participate in this round due to this fact, Kiah suggested that I just look at some cutscenes and stuff.

And so, I went through some cutscenes. Some of them are absolutely awful in how lifeless they are. I found a prime example in "Omega's Confession", shown here (sorry, it won't embed):

http://www.fastquake.com/files/sonic06mephiles.mp4

It's particularly hilaribad in that Mephiles' reaction to being shot with a chaingun is to flail his arms about and then slowly lie down in the air and then float down to the ground where he disappears in a fog of low-quality particle effects. And the conversation that follows is very awkward and full of long pauses like this:

rouge06pause.gif

and Omega's voice kills the flow every time he speaks. But that is for perhaps another round.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5: Funniest Sonic '06 Animations

Ooooo, now here's a good one! And it seems like everyone's gotten some of the really terrible ones too. 

Being the absolutely dreadful and half-assed game Sonic 2006 is, I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned the Hub World's NPCs. People have mentioned it, whoops.

eimDOr.gif

Pod2YQ.gif

8KGwya.gif

Like seriously, look at these! 

If it's not the "Praise the Lord!" grandpa or the exaggerated arm swiveling mayor/lord, it's the "juggling invisible balls while I talk to you" man. And they just flap their lips really rapidly like no one's business. I mean, how much time did this take to make, 15 seconds? I'd guess so, since most of these animations are just copied and pasted over.

AjgXZb.gif

Hey, look at that! Another Juggling Man! 

And these just get that much more awkward when you're not talking to them.

n9FVjL.gif

Truly, the utmost care went into these photo-realistic human npcs to make the world feel that much more rich and alive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned the Hub World's NPCs.

A few of us have mentioned them, actually.

...They were even the first thing I talked about in my introductory post for this question.

A few of us have mentioned them, actually.

...They were even the first thing I talked about in my introductory post for this question.

Oops. Sorry about that then, Dr. Crusher. Must have not noticed.unsure.png