Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

If my memory is right (It has been 19 years!), the first Sonic game I completed was Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive. As Sonic. Way back in 1995. Labyrinth zone in Sonic 1 prevented me from clearing that game when I was a youngster and I found Scrambled Egg Zone in Sonic 2 Master System impossible.

Sure the Death Egg boss gave me grief but it was all a matter of being precise with the jumps.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Advance was the first title I completed. I have a lot of fond memories of that game and it holds a special place in my heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first Sonic game I completed was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I spent hours and hours and hours on that game. Me and my friend were obsessed with raising chao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, it's near-impossible for me to pinpoint what my first completed game was, since in the early days it was always me and my niece and nephew playing together, and most times it was them who did the actual game completing.

Day 6: First Sonic game you won at

Sonic 3 and Knuckles of course. Beating Sonic 2 was a rarity for me since without a save feature, getting through the final few levels was a pain, and many playthroughs ended on Death Egg, and I don't think I ever truly tackled Sonic 1 to completetion until I got Sonic Mega Collection.

Whenever I played Sonic 3, it was always 3&K. Sonic and Knuckles was too boring to play through in one sitting thanks to no save feature, and Sonic 3 had that barrel, which I probably managed to get past after already discovering the lock-on version, which I always played over the two games seperately. So naturally that was the game that would inevitably get beaten first.

Alright alright alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Day 6 (de facto day 3 for me) First Sonic game that I ever beat.

Also counts for the first Sonic game I ever played: 

Sonic_r_title.png

Sonic R.

At the wee age of four, little Ren frequently went to his neighbor's house and played all their sweet game systems that he didn't have. One of them, the Sega Saturn, was a special one because it introduced young Ren to the wonders of the world of Sonic. Seeing the title screen show up on the TV made something flicker inside of him, and he begged his neighbors to let him play. Mostly using Knuckles, little Ren learned how to play the 3D racing game and, over the course of about a week, cleared the final magical stage, Radiant Emerald. After clearing the game he so watched his friends complete before, they all celebrated with a funky dance party to the phat beats of the extremely catchy ending theme.

CRAP I'M LATE

Oh well, guess I'll go ahead and do both.

Day 5: Funniest Sonic 06 Animations

6o88.gif

"WHAT IS THIS"

"WHAT IS THIS"

tumblr_inline_mk8lae2M0e1qz4rgp.gif

*whappawhappawhappawhappawhappawhappawhappawhappa*

"SILVER"

"SILVER NO"

"SILVER NO"

"NOOOAHOAGH SILVER"

anyway moving on now

Day 6: First Sonic Game You Won

Pffft, well, that's easy! What else could it be but the first video game I ever played, Sonic Adventure?

7XudS.jpg

TAILS' STORY

Yes, since we're counting individual character storylines here, I would have to say that this was the first one I played and fully completed all on my own as a wee little toddler. See, when I first received Sonic Adventure for Christmas in 1999, I still thought Emerald Coast was the only level in the whole game, being a three-year-old who had never played a game before. So I played that over and over and over again until my father eventually said "screw this" and took matters into his own hands. He eventually beat Sonic's story for me, and I never actually got around to playing that on my own for quite a while. The game at large doesn't count for me, either, because my dad ended up beating Perfect Chaos too because I was three and had no idea how I was supposed to be do such a thing. Plus, it kinda scared me.

320px-SA1PerfChaos2.PNG

Kevin_Screaming.gif

So yeah, none of that.

Instead, I moved straight on to Tails and was able to finish that (mostly) on my own. Just as well, I was able to do Knuckles, Amy and Gamma. It was Big that I still couldn't do.

But if that doesn't count...

61YJF39HRQL.jpg

SONIC CHAOS

OR

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Triple_Trouble_Covera

SONIC TRIPLE TROUBLE

Yeah, I actually ended up with a Game Gear somehow when I was four. I think my uncle gave it to my dad, who in turn gave it to me, and then it was used as yet another vehicle for indulging my ever-growing Sonic obsession. As such, one of these would have been the first Sonic game I had beaten completely on my own (I would guess Chaos, since it's super easy and all). Either way, I loved these games and they still hold a deep amount of nostalgia for me. Sonic Chaos's boss battle music will stay in my head forever.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only Sonic game I ever completed was Sonic Adventure DX. It's actually the only Sonic game I've played that managed to hold my interest and didn't cause me to ragequit (except for the time I lost all my lives on the Sky Deck, but that probably happens to everyone). I'm not very good at platformers...

DAY 6:

Proably sonic heroes, I grew up with an N64, and got a PS2 sometime later(still prefered n64, but didnt get games for it as often back then), and I remember seeing mega collection in the manual, so I know I didnt get that one till later.

So ya sonic heroes, never managed to figure out those chaos emeralds, but I still remember beating Egg emporer, after several attmepts as all the teams I did feel rather satisfied

to clarify, I never got the emeralds back in the day, I managed to finaly get them all last year, and it was great to finaly beat it

Day 6: First Sonic Game Completed

As a quick introduction to Question #6 in the 30 Days of Sonic challenge, I began playing Sonic games since 1992, at the age of 5. Since then, I have played almost every game in the franchise, from main entries to different spin-offs. Going back in time, in retrospective, I can remember which Sonic game was the very first one I have completed, and such recognition goes to...

12468_front.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System)

Yep. Surprisingly, even though I mentioned the Mega Drive version throughout this 30 Days of Sonic, I also have some love to the good ol' Master System version. At the age of 5 back in 1992, it was my very first Sonic game and also my very first victory achieved from all the games I have played on the franchise.

While the 16-bit version is arguably superior aside from the technical point, I still love the 8-bit version for being completely different from its counterpart in level structure and design: it felt like a completely different experience compared to its 16-bit version (which I would play at the age of 7 when my brothers got themselves a Mega Drive two years later), an experience also well rewarded once I defeated Dr Robotnik. Besides, I absolutely ADORE the music in this version, even more so than the Mega Drive version. Yuzo Koshiro is the greatest~ =D

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 6: The First Sonic Game I Beat:

Well, my first Sonic game was Heroes, but I could only beat Team Rose's story at the time. (I was ten, so bear with me.)

The first game I legitimately completed was Sonic 3. 

sonic3-05b.gif

Took me forever to beat Big Arm, and even longer to get that darn 7th Emerald, but when I saw Super Sonic pop up and give me a thumbs-up, I felt a personal satisfaction!

Zone 6: First Sonic Game I Won At

tumblr_mb8m0cGq6h1rtc9of.gif

I

DON'T

KNOW

It's definitely one of the Classics, but I don't know if it's Sonic 1, Sonic 2... Sonic 3? 

I'm going to go with Sonic 3. That one's a bit easier for beginners, so I assume that was the first one I completed.

While the 16-bit version is arguably superior aside from the technical point, I still love the 8-bit version for being completely different from its counterpart in level structure and design: it felt like a completely different experience compared to its 16-bit version (which I would play at the age of 7 when my brothers got themselves a Mega Drive two years later), an experience also well rewarded once I defeated Dr Robotnik. Besides, I absolutely ADORE the music in this version, even more so than the Mega Drive version. Yuzo Koshiro is the greatest~ =D

I actually do prefer the Master System/Game Gear Labyrinth music to the Genesis/Mega Drive one. But when it comes to the games themselves, I like them both. smile.png

The first Sonic game that I ever finished was the original game on the Genesis / Mega Drive. It's actually one of the earliest memories than I even have playing a video game. For the longest time I had trouble even making it past Spring Yard.

By the time I had finally made it to the Final Zone without using the level select cheat I had already memorized a good chunk of the game from playing so much. I also got all six Chaos Emeralds.

s3k_pc_menu_zps4dfccdf0.png

Memories flooded with that screenshot. Wow... we've come so far since S&K Collection.

But yeah, first Sonic game I ever beat..

Hmm.

Sonic Adventure 2.

I remember it quite clearly. Summer 2003. I'd spent hours upon hours upon HOURS playing this game. Like, near 100 or so at that point. Replaying the speed stages constantly and occasionally the others too. Had a grand ol' time. But even while I did that, I didn't really... well, I didn't really beat the game.

Cannon's Core was hard as god knows what to me as a kid. It was just plain hard! And even when I got past it, Biolizard... Oh man, Biolizard. I had such a hard time fighting that boss for some reason. It took me weeks, heck maybe a month or two before I got past that point.

And man, the endgame was so stressful to me. Like, it was hitting me as a kid how much Sonic and Shadow had on their shoulders. How much the world needed that saving. How special it was that Shadow was moved and changed due to remembering everything about his promise to Maria.. 

The ending hit hard. And it still kind of does. It's really emotional, and actually well done regardless of the choppy voice acting job. It's just really special, and meaningful. Looking back at it, it sort of shows that regardless of how ridiculous SA2's premise was as well as how terrible the dubbing crew did with the voice acting and script writing, SA2 was a legitimately good story that gained a special place in my heart.

hqdefault.jpg

"Rest easy, heroes."

god that had me bawling as a kid, admittedly still kinda does

• Thumbs Up 2

First one to completely beat was Sonic Triple Trouble. Back when I was a kid, I strangely had plenty of trouble completing the Genesis games, but Sonic Triple Trouble (and Chaos) were two i replayed a lot. But it was the easier Triple Trouble that I 100-percented first.

I actually do prefer the Master System/Game Gear Labyrinth music to the Genesis/Mega Drive one. But when it comes to the games themselves, I like them both. smile.png

Same thing here! Labyrinth Zone's music in Sonic 1 SMS is just so good. Yuzo Koshiro did a really good job with the music in that game overall. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 2 was the first Sonic game I beat. I'm still not sure how I put up with the fact that the game throws you into two cheap boss fights in a row with no means of recovery.

I really love the ending music though.

Day 6: The First Sonic Game You Beat

The first game I definitely remember seeing finished was the original Sonic 1, considering that's the game my family started with. But to be honest I can't tell you for sure whether or not I ever managed to do that before I got my hands on Sonic 3, a game I know I definitely finished. I was just way too young to remember for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if I did so with help. Scrap Brain's a hard little beast, even today. <<

Day 6!

I think it was Sonic 2... my memory is blurry about one.

We'd leave the game running all night long and farm lives on the Wing Fortress Zone prior to going to the Death Egg. The satisfaction of beating Silver Sonic cannot be described.

But the thing is, this was with my parents. They did a lot of the gameplay for me.

I think the first Sonic game I legitimately beat on my own without help was Sonic Adventure 2 (I had never played Adventure 1). I played it from start to finish and was dismayed when the Final Story would freeze; fortunately a second copy relieved that problem.

So yes, I'd say SA2. I finally put on my big boy pants and beat the whole thing without the assistance of my peons - er, parents.

The very 1st Sonic game I've ever won:

Sonic Rush Adventure:

On top of being the very 1st video game in general that I've beaten, it is indeed the 1st Sonic game that I've beaten. Its one of the 1st games that I've actually played from beginning to end, the 1st game I've never had any outside help, and playing through it to the very end on my own was a very exciting ride. I felt accomplished completing this game because its the game that made me realize I could actually start and finish one, do it on my own, and I felt very satisfied when I beat the final boss and...ignored the credits.

I believe it was Sonic 1 on the Sonic Gems Collection+ for the PS2 seven years ago. I remembered being absolutely terrible at the game when I was a kid playing it on my Dreamcast, so I gave it a shot to see how good I was, and surprisingly I had it turned over my knee. Seriously, I was way better at the game than I remember being. Even the Special Stages weren't that much of a problem for me.

Having not really been into Sonic between my Dreamcast days and 2007 (I'd been playing other games), it ended up being the first Sonic game I've ever completed.

First Sonic game I finished...

Despite it not being the first Sonic game I owned, the first Sonic game I completed is Sonic Rush. The game was pretty easy, even when I was younger. The only parts of the game I had any trouble with was special stage 7 and the confrontation between Sonic/Blaze. My fingers are pathetically weak so I suck at mashing buttons, and Special Stage 7...well its a special stage so its innately awful.

I still remember being pissed off that it took me forever to figure out Super Blaze can shoot fireballs.