Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Day 5: Funniest Animation in Sonic '06

I've got one particular animation that I absolutely adore. I've even got a video from my personal archives.

You might wanna lower your volume a bit for this.

LOOK AT THIS MAN

DO YOU SEE HIM

HE IS THE ACCORDION MAN

jkNPDSr.png

• Thumbs Up 2

LOOK AT THIS MAN

DO YOU SEE HIM

HE IS THE ACCORDION MAN

...Not quite on this lovely bella notte?

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a hard time thinking of one because I've never played Sonic 2006 in its entirety and I try my best to block the game from my mind, and that includes mocking it. However, the scene where Robotnik ejects from his eggpod after defeating him on the Egg Carrier stands out to me, which I tend to associate with Jon and Arin's reactions on Game Grumps (around the 5 minute mark):

• Thumbs Up 7

The scene where Robotnik ejects from his eggpod after defeating him on the Egg Carrier stands out to me, which I tend to associate with Jon and Arin's reactions on Game Grumps (around the 5 minute mark):

Huh. So do I.

I especially never get tired of "I'm fallible!"

Day 5: Funniest Sonic 06 Animation

I've never actually played '06 -for obvious reasons-  so my knowledge is somewhat limited. However, there's one animation I find so laughably bad: (Unfortunately, I can't upload gifs)

242px-FlameCore.png

If you spam Silver's Levitate move, it looks like he's trying to flap his arms and fly!

Alright, day 5 (which is day 2 for me)

Funniest animation from Sonic 06?

Well I can pick one of the really doopy ones that people already mentioned, but I'm gonna have to go with this one...that actually isn't that bad at all, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0MfciW2DV0

Sonic failing to make the big jump

Okay, so this is obviously from one of the CG cutscenes, which are pretty slick-looking and well-animated for the most part, but this is by far the one moment from the game that killed me the most. One thing I always loved about Sonic's CG stuff is the attention to detail. You can clearly see Sonic's face go from "I'm gon' make it!" to "wait...no, no, no, no, shitshitshitshitshit!" and of course, the face he makes when the ship explodes below him makes this scene. It also doesn't help that Sonic STILL looks awkward carrying someone almost twice his height.

I don't have '06 burned into my memory but I always get a good laugh out of the way the human NPCs move their arms while they talk to you.

"Hey."

and of course, the face he makes when the ship explodes below him makes this scene.

That's his best impression of TY the Tasmanian Tiger.

Being someone who has not played 06, there aren't a lot of choices I can pick. But I have to ask; what the hell was Sonic Team on when they animated the NPCs in that game? I mean, come on they're all flailing their arms around for no real good reason whatsoever. It's freaking hilarious. xD

Being someone who has not played 06, there aren't a lot of choices I can pick. But I have to ask; what the hell was Sonic Team on when they animated the NPCs in that game? I mean, come on they're all flailing their arms around for no real good reason whatsoever. It's freaking hilarious. xD

Well, Soleanna is based on Italy...

My favoiritest animation was that part at the end....

THAT FACE !!! the very idea that sonic thought he made it and falls down, looks like he is losing hope, and then BOOM! gets randomly rescued by a blast! I mean.. i laugh so hard every time I see it!!! LOL! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

This was my first thought when I read day 5's theme.

tumblr_m6bqdt8O7H1rw5y90o1_400.gif

Though this really has nothing on the NPC's weird arm-flapping.

One thing that's notable for the 'right' reason I suppose? Watching Sonic fail his jump in his story ending, though the middle of Sonic's brow being fixed in place does make his expressions look a bit off, there's still Sonic's confidence and the moment he registers that he's falling, quickly becoming obvious fear. That's just on the way down, when he gets launched back up there's this.

explosion_zps077364a0.png

Poor lad, at least it didn't last long.

Elise looks derpy though...

Funniest Sonic 06 Scene? 

Personality, I think

4:58 ~ 5:03
I laughed ALL DAY when I listen this quote in japanese version

Because Mephiles personality and voice gap is too big,

Day #5 - Funniest Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) cut scene/moment/animation

When I think of funny stuff in 06, a few things come to mind.

http://youtu.be/eQOrwPnp3Ks?t=2m3s 

Knuckles can't catch for shit, he throws it to Sonic perfectly fine, but when Sonic throws it back to him, how can you miss catching it with hands that size?? He just fumbles and kicks it like a child who's just took a temper tantrum.

tumblr_mh04r2jpW51rlrnwdo1_500.png

I think Sonic 06 takes the cake for hub worlds being more dangerous than actual levels, since team mates often die every couple of steps in Soleanna than they do when under fire from Eggman's mechs in levels, they just drop down dead with dramatic and hilarious death screams, perhaps it was a sign that even the characters themselves resent even being in this game, SEGA you should have listened...

Another scene is when Sonic tells Shadow not to be late and Shadow gives a dramatic pause and says... "Same to you!" I always found this stupid and dumb and Shadow just trying to be an edgy fool and one up over Sonic, but it's just another indication that the writing is absolutely awful in this game, however you get some good memes out of some of the shit, most notably this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJxLqjLWZvE  

• Thumbs Up 5

Am I the only one just enamored by the dolphins?

I always thought the dolphin animations were the biggest offense in that gif. Actually, they're all like that in Wave Ocean. People don't really talk much about it. Why? Why is it that everyone talks about Sonic breakdancing off into the distance? Those dolphins are clearly on some sort of super-enhanced angel dust.

I always thought the dolphin animations were the biggest offense in that gif. Why is it that everyone talks about Sonic breakdancing off into the distance? Those dolphins are clearly on some sort of super-enhanced angel dust.

And they can leap in and out of the water without making a single splash :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty sure Dolphins wouldn't jump and dive head first into the beach either like that, it's just hilarious how they pull a complete 180 turn in the air and rebound off the invisible walls set for them. They have a habit of clipping through scenery as well.

Day 5, glee!

Regrettably I barely remember any of 06, having played it just to beat it and then left it to gather dust (or rot in a GameStop shop as now would be the case).

I think that Eggman animation is just hilarious in retrospect. It literally looks like someone chucked an Eggman toy into the distance and it just bounces off the debris, rather than an actual animation. Kudos to Crusher for having grabbed that one; it’s something I would have overlooked otherwise.

Sonic’s death scene just doesn’t seem right. The way he falls so dramatically and the music plays only after his eyes are closed… just, egh. He just seems to suffer a “I’m not sure if I’m dead or not” moment.

As has been mentioned by many, the NPCs really are the epitome of flat. They come off as waving their hands just so they look different than the Burger Guy Statue in Sonic Adventure. SEGA really dropped the ball on making the humans look real rather than plastic… but after how glossy everyone was in Shadow the Hedgehog I guess it’s not too surprising.

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one ever (not really) who noticed the Chaos Control-abusing dolphins who are faster than Sonic. What are they even thinking?

"WHEEEE-"

This

tumblr_mi16zyl3l61qbtacbo1_500.gif

Thi...

....wait

tumblr_mi6v0eHfNP1qdv1gso1_400.gif

We have a winner.

Darn it! I literally was going to use that one!

Ah well, I do have this one:

tumblr_mgytdve33j1s201hzo1_400.gif

I just love how it right there and then contradicts the Ball Puzzle, awesome-ness aside.

And let's not forget the ever classic "Breakdance Into Death"

sonic06machdeath.gif

This one for the ever-loving cuteness of Sonic in the GOOD CGI cutscenes:

tumblr_mijvdi8m8Q1rvyhnio1_500.gif

Getting smacked by the checkpoint of all things:

tumblr_mjzd6xtxWV1rrhs85o1_500.gif

This beauty here:

tumblr_mi6v0eHfNP1qdv1gso1_400.gif

Shadow's tendency to flail out of his vehicles during his death:

tumblr_mxf7kqGHsU1smne15o2_500.gif

But without a doubt this is as sight to be seen.

Shadow literally dies, does a flip and lands back on the motorcycle while driving it!KYgN8D.gif

That's just intense!

• Thumbs Up 1

This one for the ever-loving cuteness of Sonic in the GOOD CGI cutscenes:

tumblr_mijvdi8m8Q1rvyhnio1_500.gif

Am I the only one who thinks 06's CGI model is ugly as sin? Look at how squashed his muzzle is, and how bulbous his brow and forehead are, also his top quill looks oddly out of placement on his head, and too short/stubby.

Ugh, I can't even appreciate where the budget obviously went into in this game!