Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Definitely has to be the Unleashed-onwards Egg mobile. It's a lovely homage to the original design from the first game. It even has the yellow and black stripes and on the sides! And something else that I thought was a nice touch is a little emblem of Eggman's face on the very back of it. Now that's the egotistical mad doc we all know and love.

I've also noticed that big button he usually pushes when the plot demands it.

20953_1.png

Ignoring the obvious Dreamcast, I've always liked how the colours on it represent the Emeralds themselves. 

• Thumbs Up 4

51e863e4ccbef522330b26712a8c9e72.png

Does this count? I really liked this one. :P

scd-tt-boss1img1.png

Well I guess to make it count, here it is when it's not in shambles.

I just liked the idea of Eggman driving around a little scooter sled thing. It was neat. :v

I also really like just about every variation of the Eggmobile. They all tend to have really neat designs.. although seriously, the Heroes one is the cheapest looking one of the bunch. Besides that, they seem to all consistently look pretty great in their own ways.

Day 7

Really wish I could say more for this but I'll go for the design from Unleashed. A classic design that blends seamlessly with the modern look. I like that the rounded base is played up a bit in the cutscenes. It rolls around when Eggman crashes it in the opening and he uses it like one of those ball chairs in the ending.

Oh and, Dreamcast...yeah. 

sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

20953_1.png

Did Endy and CakeMiester just ninja each other with the same still? *jaw drop*

My favorite Egg Mobile is the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Why?

yi4i.jpg
4vnzih.jpg
2n1vqc7.jpg

'cause it's user friendly no matter who's driving it! Eggy must've had a habit of leaving his keys on the dashboard in that game...

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah my favorite Egg Mobile design is the one introduced in Sonic Unleashed. Not only does it look cool, it also looks comfortable and menacing. I think that while being inspired in the original design it fits well with the modern style and it's universal as ever. 

Also in its introduction it has Dreamcast on it, which makes it even cooler.   

Edit: Wait... if we've missed a day it's ok to catch up with it?

No.

Day 7: Egg mobile.

SA1_EggHornet.PNG

Best for me is Sonic Adventures. When you find empty ones on the Egg Carrier, they look bloody comfy. Also I love the colours, the silver with the black & white danger stripes as well as orange rims. This thing was fantastic and it had its oen arsenal, including a grabby claw, knockout gas and tractor beams. Also, ypu can see a fuel cap. Eggman needs petrol.

Unleashed onwards Egg Mobile for me, it has the charm of the original but a lot of nice bells and whistles that makes it all it's own.

Eggmobiles huh? 

Sonic 3 Egg mobile definitely holds a special place in my heart as well as the Sonic Adventure egg mobile due to the tremendous nostalgia it holds for me.

I also have love for the Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations egg mobile since it retains a very classic feel to it.

Eggmobile_in_AoSTH.jpg

Mzboss.png  aosth_eggomatic.PNG

While I love the more compact S3&K pod (it's so deliciously round), the "Egg-o-matic" (which is really just a more cartoony version of the Marble Zone boss) holds great nostalgic value for me. It was the quintessential Egg Mobile as far as my younger self was concerned. Oh, the way it squashed and stretched under Robotnik's unwieldy mass...

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: Favourite Egg Mobile

That massive one he had in Sonic Adventure. I remember how cool I thought it was when playing Adventure for the first time. The design was sleek, and it looked pretty comfy too, with that wide sitting area with elbow room you could fit a kitchen sink into. I always liked to imagine that was a leather seat he was sitting in.

Not to mention I have fond memories of trashing that thing as Sonic and Tails in the Egg Hornet boss battles.

Said battle was also home to one of my favourite glitches:

http://youtu.be/MdwPUmi-71o

Mine would probably be the one from the comics

ArmedMobile024.jpg

I'm gonna have to second this.

I think this version really fits the "evil, but nonetheless capable of being goofy or even coming off as incompetent" sort of personality Eggman's got. It's one thing for machine guns or something to come out of the sides, but the fact he has them all be weapons held by hands really shows his special charm.

Then you have the fact there's a slingshot thrown in there for some reason. Like what?

At times it makes me wonder if Eggman purposely portrays himself as somewhat buffoonish just so foes will underestimate him.

or even coming off as incompetent

*clock strikes twelve*

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite fond of the Pathetic Mobile. Watching it slowly cruise from one end of the screen to the other is just endearing in a way.

320px-DrillEggman.png

I bet that thing has the best fuckin' gas mileage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day #7 - Favourite Eggmobile?

Eggman_heroes.png

Sonic Heroes Eggmobile/Eggomatic

I'm not really bothered about what Eggman rides in personally, but if I had to choose one... His Heroes rendition is a blend of modern and old, guess what I like about it is he swapped out his practical engines for a futuristic glowing hover thing, that and it's tailor made to fit all of his boss mechs.

Advance2_walker.jpg

I think this one takes the cake though, Eggman tricked out his floating eggpod for a heavily armoured walking tank that seriously brings the hurt, equipped with a cluster rocket homing launcher, a vulcan cannon which upgrades to a bazooka, optional armour shielding for extra hit points, jet thrusters in the feet, a homing laser launcher with infra red laser sight with the ability to auto target up to 30 targets before it times out and an end all laser that fires a wall of death, it's also pretty radical looking with a new headlamp, sensors and warning tape decals. Heh... It even has wing wirrors tongue.png

How about the "How do my legs fit in here?" Eggmobile?

23r7swd.png?1

On a more serious note, the difficulty in choosing is that the variation is exactly one of the Eggmobile's main appeals to me. It's simply fun seeing all the different forms the machine can take while still keeping its iconic look, even if it's just a few addons. Generally, however, I like it to take simplistic designs, since it shouldn't call too much attention to itself as the focus is on the larger machines it attaches to.

One of my favourites is the Sonic Adventure eggpod, partly because it took the right approach in modernizing the vehicle for the transition to 3D. It's sleeker and more comfortable-looking than previous approaches, which makes sense for the style they were going for and looks "complete", so to speak.

TW9flF1.png?1

But the best has to be the post-Unleashed design. It is a throwback to the original Eggmobile from Sonic 1, yet at the same time a refinement of it. It's round, with the familiar yellow, black, and grey details to its color scheme. Instead of wings on the side, it flies with two thrusters on the back, so it doesn't break up the ovular form. The simple exterior also means it can attack more easily to any robot, not needing any particular shapes to fit in - just a normal hole. And of course, being the fun-loving scientist he is, Eggman makes sure to bring a Dreamcast along for the ride.

I find the evolution of the vehicle an interesting one. Eggmobiles - or Egg-O-Matics, Eggpods or whatever you want to call them - have been in the series since the beggining, and have been constantly evolving since. No matter how it looks, the Eggmobile is an icon of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 5

*clock strikes twelve*

Well, in line with the topic...

The cockpit is almost always the weak point despite all these years. :P ...didn't Sonic even remark about that at one point in one of the continuities?

He's a victim of the game's need to be playable, I suppose.

1361849-sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

this one is my favorite egg mobile design. its so cool but funny looking. its circle like a egg and it fly at fast speeds and it has lazers to destroy anything to its paths. but in this design it like how the use the texrues to make it look real like it looks like real lether skin outline on the mobile. the best part is the console adds a awesome touch. now we know what Eggman does when hes not trying to beat Sonic haha

Well, in line with the topic...

The cockpit is almost always the weak point despite all these years. tongue.png ...didn't Sonic even remark about that at one point in one of the continuities?

He's a victim of the game's need to be playable, I suppose.

*still striking twelve*

Advance2_walker.jpg

I think this one takes the cake though, Eggman tricked out his floating eggpod for a heavily armoured walking tank that seriously brings the hurt, equipped with a cluster rocket homing launcher, a vulcan cannon which upgrades to a bazooka, optional armour shielding for extra hit points, jet thrusters in the feet, a homing laser launcher with infra red laser sight with the ability to auto target up to 30 targets before it times out and an end all laser that fires a wall of death, it's also pretty radical looking with a new headlamp, sensors and warning tape decals. Heh... It even has wing wirrors tongue.png

*cough cough*...

Note: No, the Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't count. Hahahaha.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why doesn't it count, it's the best version uuuurghh...

I'll have to echo what VEDJ said then and his monster truck from All Stars racing then.

Eggman1.png

Ridden with detail, old and new, I especially like the huge exhaust piping sticking out the side of his eggmobile and the suspension coils around axles. Pretty fond of his alloys/hub caps too, and it's nice to see him sneak in a weapon under his headlamp, as the good doctor always plays fair haha.

*still striking twelve*

What does that even mean? :P

I was only stating Eggman is a very different brand of bad guy than say, Lord Voldemort or the Joker. He is like Ratchet's Dr. Nefarious in his ability to be a serious threat but at the same time he comes off as completely goofy and, at times, questionably competent. The gut reaction is to think "maybe I shouldn't take this guy seriously" but then they do something that makes you think otherwise.

The use of Disney-esque gloved robot hands in the arsenal of his Egg Mobile being an example of something that is both intimidating and yet makes you scratch your head.

If I'll be honest, I'm not sure about this one. But, if I had to pick, I would probably go with the Sonic 1 Egg Mobile mainly because of it's simplicity. I mean, all it is a grey flying pod.

Day 7: What is your favorite Eggmobile design?

It would have to be a tie between Sonic Riders' Eggmobile for its heavy duty feel

Eggmobile_in_Sonic_Riders.png

and the Archie Eggmobile for being somewhat dangerous and yet absolutely ridiculous at the same time

ArmedMobile024.jpg

However, if the Eggwalker was an available option, I'd totally be picking that version. Oh well.

Day 7: Complete

1361849-sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

I always loved this Eggmobile design from Unleashed myself. The Chaos Emerald-like lights are awesome, that seating area looks so damn comfy and even though it's obviously not an actual part of the Eggmobile, that Dreamcast cameo is amazing dedication right there.