Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

My favorite first bosses? 

whelp: 

I really enjoy fighting Chaos zero. Chaos takes the cake !  he is fun to battle and the idea that he turns into a blob off water like substances it beyond cool smile.png.

I also enjoy fighting against Eggman in any of the earlier games really smile.png

On another note, I don't play them often enough to remember first bosses in general, so due to a lack of memory, this is the best I can come up with tongue.png

Mephilies tries his damndest to come off as intimidating but really he moves like some intoxicated zombie.

tumblr_lvqoq8fGbl1qdtw9eo1_500.gif

tumblr_m6bqdt8O7H1rw5y90o1_400.gif

Every time this motherfucker showed up on screen I knew I was in for a treat.  He seems like the developers started fucking around with shadow's model for shits and giggles and they forgot to take it out the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooh, off beat question. To be honest, the only thing that really comes to mind is the entire Sonic death sequence. 

I find the whole thing hilarious for a number of reasons. Not only is the scene trying to be extremely dramatic and emotional, but because of the weird off beat way the cutscenes are animated in this game the whole thing comes off as hilarious. Elise's trauma of seeing Sonic die as she just kinda mumbles about then looks into the sky followed by this awful fire animation from her is just gold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my God there are so many! The way the characters move are just hilarious especially in cutscenes, and don't even get me started on the NPCs!

I'm not sure if this counts as an animation as it's just a T-Pose but the way Sonic jumps off walls and lands face first is just great XD.

There's also the little moment in the Final Story where the heroes set off to get the Chaos Emeralds and Knuckles runs in the wrong direction.

The way Shadow combos enemies after executing a homing attack. I know he's suppose to be punching and kicking but it just looks like he's flailing around in the air to me XD.

And of course the final cutscene with Eggman after defeating the Egg Wyvern deserves a mention for obvious reasons tongue.png.

EDIT: I totally forgot to mention Mephiles spinning around in that one cutscene like he's about to dance and break into song!

Edited by Princess Ganondorf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 5: Sanic 06 animations.

I could talk about the one where Eggman falls from the Egg Wyvern. I could talk about how all the mocap in the game makes it look like everyone's a bunch of grown men wearing costumes. I could talk about that silly pose Iblis does when he shoots his fire rings.

But no.

tumblr_mwjw8v2JPJ1s3ot0fo1_r1_500.gif

I have to talk about the breakdancing. He does this every time he collides with any object in a mach speed section. It's his "hurt" animation that plays the exact same way every time, no matter how you get hit. And if you're stuck on something, it will loop until you are completely dead- and then it will KEEP GOING.

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 5: Best Worst Funniest Sonic 06 Animation

It has to be Mephiles' twirl, because it's not a reaction to some external force nor a natural action that was perhaps badly mo-capped or staged. It's his deliberate choice to freaking pirouette out of the scene! It makes absolutely no sense, no one reacts to it like it's abnormal, it completely takes a chunk out of his imposing nature, and you realize the actor had to actually do that- multiple times in fact- and the crew was probably also professional about it and didn't even crack a smirk. It's so freaking weird yet I'm supposed to consider it perfectly fine, and it's that dissonance that makes it funny.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm in agreement with Eggman's falling animation after the Egg Wyvern's defeat. Goddammit Crusher it really DOES work wth Yosemite Sam curses!

Aside from that, probably Sonic throwing Eggman's message back to Knuckles. That card just... floats, like there's no gravity to it at all. And Knuckles awkwardly stumbles to catch it. So awkward it amuses me.

Oh, and Shadow roundhousing Silver. 'nuff said.

EDIT: And the breakdancng into the distance in a Mach Speed section. How did I miss those?

Funniest 06 animation?

Anytime Eggman talks. The way he throws his arms around with a 'whoosh' sound just really made him camp. I thought he was a power ranger or something.

Silver in his story's last cutscene. He flounders, he flops. I know its meant to look like he's struggling with his conscience but in the end he looks like a guy with a bad itch and a stone in his shoe.

Lastly, the lack of animation for Elise holding the flame. It just magically floats above her hands. What the...

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5: Funniest Animations in Sonic 2006

Crusher already killed it with the Eggman spinny chair of death but there are a couple more:

tumblr_mxqbg5afDC1t302sho1_500.gif
Tails, the fuck are you doing. 

Can't find a GIF of it but when Eggman starts stomping his foot in a tantrum I always chuckle. All of the animations in the cutscenes bring the cringe, really. They look like they were mo-capped but Sonic characters don't have normal proportions so it looks weird.

sonic06machdeath.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

I also loved this bit;

ibrEjrqagC82x5.gif

Knuckles takes a step in the wrong direction, realizes it then turns around and darts off in the right direction laugh.png

"I REALLY LIKED THAT TOWER OK????"

I've never played Sonic 06, but i would probably say the NPCs. They just don't movie like a real person at all in any shape or form.

Although, i say that because of youtube videos of this game.

Well, it's gonna be hard to be unique here, so I'm gonna drop down my shortlist.

The NPCs, of course, with their extremely awkward hand movements, I'll admit, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, IT'S THE LOOP, OH GOD. They just...keep doing it...always...fucking...FLOPPING AROUND!

The death scene, but that on a whole is just...crazy ridiculous that...everything else outweighs the animation...but it /nicely/ compliments the music.

Oooh, and my favorite, Eggman after the Egg Wyvern fight. I'm not gonna post a video, because I know that's probably gonna get done eventually, but....he just...floats, while holding his sitting animation. You think that's as funny as it can get, but oh no it gets worse. He literally bounces off a part of his carrier, causing him and the chair he's sitting on to spin out and ricochet in the opposite direction. The impact though...it's just so...rubbery. So bad, so bad it's hilarious.

Day 5

1- Knuckles U-turn

When the crew set out to find the chaos emeralds, they all dramatically turn and run off. Knuckles instead runs forwards towards the obvious dead end before slowly realising, turning around and running off.

ibrEjrqagC82x5.gif

I've just noticed Omega does his hoorah cheer for no reason as well before he sets off.

2- AI deaths

When your AI partner falls behind, the game often simply spawns them in beside you and will have them instantly at full speed if you're still moving. Sometimes though the game seems to botch which animation set to load in and accidentally triggers the death animation instead leaving your comrade motionless on the floor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5: Extended Amazingness

I think we all know the scene that will stick with us to the end, that defined Sonic 06 for all time to come. There have been many laughs and tears, but in the last of days only one thing still remains:

loading.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

[ Day 5 : Funniest Sonic '06 Animations ]

There are plenty of good ones, but to me, nothing comes even close to the level of both hilarity and unintentional frightfulness as...

Nyaoy2u.gif

Special mention goes to anytime one of the characters is seen at a keyboard.  They literally gave every character the most hilarious typing animation ever.  They literally just look like their pressing their palms against the keyboard like a first grader trying to pay the piano.

http://youtu.be/65fo2GvRiH8

(Above: Accurate representation of characters typing in Sonic '06)

• Thumbs Up 7

Special mention goes to anytime one of the characters is seen at a keyboard.  They literally gave every character the most hilarious typing animation ever.  They literally just look like their pressing their palms against the keyboard like a first grader trying to pay the piano.

You completely failed to mention the most confusing part.

Where do those sparkles come from?

• Thumbs Up 1

Chaos Amy confirmed for Sonic '06.

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 5 OF SILLY ANIMATIONS!

Does this count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOUrd8Jt7M

Watching Sonic unintentionally get shot into space is freaking hilarious. He's stuck in the same animation and can't get out of it. He just keeps going until he runs out of oxygen or something.

It always makes my day.

• Thumbs Up 3

FreeGifEffects.com Anime dimension Cullen genes excreement of magic pixie glands

uh

...s-swamp gas?

• Thumbs Up 2

Your wish is my command;

iIRtaI4nSdE6P.gif

This looks even odder due to Eggman's 'realism'. He basically looks like a child who's been told he can't have sweets in a shop.

"You've made me veeeerrrry angry! ...VEEEERRRRY angry! Why, I'm so angry, I could... I could... I could take this outside like a gentleman!"

iYB74LB.gif

"THIS IS A CHILDREN'S GAME, SONIC."

• Thumbs Up 4