Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Your wish is my command;

iIRtaI4nSdE6P.gif

This looks even odder due to Eggman's 'realism'. He basically looks like a child who's been told he can't have sweets in a shop.

Thank you, that's perfect! The way he rolls his head around as he does that last stomp- it is incredible. The motion capture in this game is ...certainly something else. 

It's not exactly the cutting edge of entertainment in this abomination, but...

tumblr_inline_mh59qi0owg1r8z4qq.gif

... I mean, it's hilarious in the worst way. Sonic's utterly dead personality throughout the whole game gets put out of it's misery, yet it firmly grips him right to the death.

He spends over five seconds not even trying to have a heroic or action-packed death where he fights to the bitter end, nor even flip around and see who killed him or even give Elise a bitter NICE SMILE. He just flops down dead, and then his ear clips through the ground and you have a few seconds of just that to look at before you get the worst zoom-in effect ever on Elise's face and the local Shadow recolour laughing his mouthless face off.

There was no end to tastelessly kicking Sonic when he's dead, and yet it's just funny. You don't even need to be drunk to laugh at this, it's just bad.

Day 5: "Okay These Mach Speed sections are awful, how do we keep the fans from getting mad?"
"Breakdancing."
"Fucking brilliant, Mr. Naka."

I'm not 100% sure, honestly. I don't remember much of '06, and that's not getting into the fact I've only played through part of Sonic's story and watched everything else online. So, if I had to pick, I guess it's the "breakdancing" in the mach speed sections. Especially when compared to the also hilarious, but reasonable animation in Unleashed thru Generations when you trip over something that you're meant to hop over.

But really, I'm pretty sure every cutscene has at least one hilarious moment in animation. It's just one of those games.

"THIS IS A CHILDREN'S GAME, SONIC."

"Pfft, I've known this is all just a video game since 1991."

Idle.jpg

The Dr Eggman stomping his foot like a spoiled child one has already been mentioned. Always makes me laugh that one! And the very awkward animations of the NPC's. Who can forget the black dude who just goes

"Hey...*wawawawawawawawa*"

Seriously, Sonic 06 is a gold mine for hilariously awkward animations! Another one that always seemed awkward to me was the scene where Sonic and Elise are laughing. Not only does it feel really cringey because Jason Griffith was terrible in that game and has the worst laugh I've ever heard, but...look at his mouth!

tumblr_inline_mwebjngWTU1rqxvm0.gif

Even the FMV cutscenes make things like Sonic's open mouth look really weird and awkward yet pretty damn funny at the same time. The scene before that looks odd too where he's blown upwards and has small pupils.

• Thumbs Up 5

The funniest animation in THAT game, huh, huh…

*snip snip snip*

Not to mention that the way the seat ejects itself is like something from Die Hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mrt3rdOQ051qdtw9eo1_500.gif

i think its funny for the movements. Amys holding on to him with only her 2 hands. shes not even hugging him and shes moving her head like she was hugging him. Silvers expressions is funny he waving his hands and he looks scare like someones gonna kidnap him. I love this one out of all the gifs haha

• Thumbs Up 8

af05ef075f377cc24f536936588833ab.gif

Look at this big idiot. Look at this complete and total moron. Look at this ignoramus. Look at this dumbaaaass. Seriously, look at this utter buffoon. Look at this dunce. This absolute cornbag of dumb does the world's STUPIDEST bobbly little nod of mindlessness as he turns around from the person talking directly to him. And it slays me every time I see it. Seriously LOOK AT THIS IDIOT

And straight after that he stomps over to Rouge and looks down at her massive boobs. And then he does it AGAIN a little while after! Pretty sure that throughout the game there's other characters like Shadow who stare down her bosom. XD
  • Thumbs Up 3

af05ef075f377cc24f536936588833ab.gif

"Give me a minute guys, this fucking itch at the back of my neck won't go away."

• Thumbs Up 4

Funniest 06 Animations

Oh lord, there are just way too many movements from this train wreck to choose from. But if I really had to choose, it would be none other than this classic moment:

tumblr_inline_mr5hvqMcC31qz4rgp.gif

Lol, take that you trunks wannabe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Found another moment from Sonic 06 that always made me chuckle, for all the wrong reasons...

Sonic06FAIL.png

Look at him! Sonic is all embarrassed and hurhurhurr but it makes him look very stupid. The droopy eyelids, the weird smile...and then Sonic's "Uhhhh..huhuhuh" it's bloody priceless. This is only one of very few expressions that these character models can pull off!

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 5: Funniest Animation in Sonic '06

Sonic '06... there's so much to talk about this God awful entry in the history of Sonic The Hedgehog, yet for this occasion we can take a deep look into how badly animated the game was. From their awkward gestures to their unemotional expressions, there are so many hilarious animations featured in this game which can be translated into such hilarious moments to remember, but if I have to pick one scene that stood out the most, I'll say...

thisisterribletails-o.gif

Tails' Keyboard Smashin' Panic!

The cutscene where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles finds out the terrible fate of Princess Elise and Dr Eggman features an extremely hilarious animation from Tails' side. The way he uses the keyboard, the way he types stuff from that keyboard... doesn't seem a very precise way to input something on a keyboard, right? Nope, he seems like he's randomly typing stuff or just simply smashing the poor keyboard like if Tails went into panic mode.

His featuring line in that scene, "This is terrible", sums up perfectly fine the quality of that animation. Well, even the quality of the game altogether!

• Thumbs Up 6

ac1cac5f8ef0084e8d825133626cbf7e.gif?r=1

"What was that? He looked just like Shadow! And he sounded just like me! ...No? We're not... we're not gonna talk about him? No? Nothing? ...Okay then."

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh golly, you could mention pretty much any cutscene in the game. The strange eyes and stiff movements make every moment a humourous one. But if I had to choose one (other than the Eggman falling from the Egg Wyvern that Crusher already posted) it would be this one:

vXfuF5.gif

This is mostly because of its ridiculous context than anything. Why is Mephiles being taken aback by bullets when he was previously shown to be resilient to far more powerful attacks? Why would he just stand still - in an open area with plenty of space to get away - and let Omega shoot him like that? Especially with him shooting so slowly? And why does he stiffly move side to side? It seems more like he's acting in a bad theater production than actually being shot at. It's bizarre, much like anything in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

And straight after that he stomps over to Rouge and looks down at her massive boobs. And then he does it AGAIN a little while after! Pretty sure that throughout the game there's other characters like Shadow who stare down her bosom. XD

tumblr_m8vhwsqCfe1rqd7tno1_250.pngtumblr_m8vhwsqCfe1rqd7tno2_250.pngtumblr_m8vhwsqCfe1rqd7tno3_250.png

Shadow, the ultimate pervert

• Thumbs Up 3

ivqinVwFiNhI4.gif

I was trying to find a gif of this scene, this was the closest one I could find. 

Seriously, the animation in this scene makes it so unintentionally hilarious. It's done in such a deadpan way that it makes you cackle like an idiot, Eggman just pops out of the Eggmobile, keeping the same pose while falling down through the sky. Goes to show you how appalingly lazy some of the cutscene animations are.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could go into a detailed list of every single animation Dr. Eggman has in this game, but that would take too long so instead I'll just go with this:

tumblr_mrt3rdOQ051qdtw9eo1_500.gif

i think its funny for the movements. Amys holding on to him with only her 2 hands. shes not even hugging him and shes moving her head like she was hugging him. Silvers expressions is funny he waving his hands and he looks scare like someones gonna kidnap him. I love this one out of all the gifs haha

I love this one too. It's even funnier when you remember this is the first time Silver has actually interacted with someone from Sonic's time period, so it's like he's thinking "Who are you? Why are you touching me? What the hell is going on?"

And then when Amy realizes he isn't Sonic, she pushes him away like he's the one who grabbed her.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is mostly because of its ridiculous context than anything. Why is Mephiles being taken aback by bullets when he was previously shown to be resilient to far more powerful attacks? Why would he just stand still - in an open area with plenty of space to get away - and let Omega shoot him like that? Especially with him shooting so slowly? And why does he stiffly move side to side? It seems more like he's acting in a bad theater production than actually being shot at. It's bizarre, much like anything in this game.

I'm guessing that the scene was supposed to show how oh-so-powerful Mephiles was, in that the bullets didn't affect him. But instead of being creepy and just not reacting like the T-1000, he actually acts like it hurt and subsequently flops around like a fish, making it look as though they really did do serious damage.

To be fair though, as befitting of the non-power half of Solaris, Mephiles is rather weak. Take his first boss fight for example, in which you can take out half of his health in less than a second if you try hard enough.

Day 5 Challenge: Funniest Animations in Sonic 2006
Challenges 4/30 Completed

tumblr_static_yhep.png
I know that all you awesome SSMB members are waiting for my spectacular post. I'm sorry to say that for this challenge, even though I'm participating in it, there's nothing special coming from me. Now, onto day 5 challenge! 

Sonic 2006... Honestly, there's really two moments I can remember that I found funny, and thankfully both moments have been posted already. 

ibrEjrqagC82x5.gif

I find this scene funny mostly because of Knuckles. It's...quite unfortunate actually when you really sit down and think about it. Everyone knows where they need to go, but Knuckles goes one way and then goes in a different direction. It only just show how Knuckles isn't that smart. 

tumblr_inline_mr5hvqMcC31qz4rgp.gif

As much as I love Silver (more than Shadow, actually), I still can't help but laugh over this. Shadow put Silver in his place with that kick. It's just... You know, one of those special moments where we get an action scene in a Sonic cutscene and it ends up being glorious. Even though Sonic 2006 isn't the best Sonic game in the franchise, it at least provided this scene that can be enjoyed for many years into the future. 

Yeah, nothing else for me to really talk about. A weak question for me for day 5. 

Completed 5/30 Challenges

• Thumbs Up 1

"What was that? He looked just like Shadow! And he sounded just like me! ...No? We're not... we're not gonna talk about him? No? Nothing? ...Okay then."

3d915e7a5bf4cd76d2d6ff65ecc09ab6.gif?r=1

"Eh, whatever! Check the computer!" Sonic sez.

• Thumbs Up 1

ivqinVwFiNhI4.gif

Time the freeze frame to the Grange Hill "cliffhanger" theme.

~Dii-dii-dii-dew~

Day 5: Favorite Sonic 06 Animation

4241557_o.gif

This shot right here perfectly sums up Mehpiles' character. So unintentionally hilarious in his cooky-ness that it borders on self-parody. Hell, the fact that he's standing out here in the middle of public just to tell Silver and Blaze to go to the train station is hilarious.

This shot right here perfectly sums up Mehpiles' character. So unintentionally hilarious in his cooky-ness that it borders on self-parody. Hell, the fact that he's standing out here in the middle of public just to tell Silver and Blaze to go to the train station is hilarious.

He might as well be wearing a trenchcoat, asking people if they want some deathsticks.

vXfuF5.gif

Wait, what.

2unyHD9.png

What were they even doing with his quills before the camera change? Why do they just suddenly fold out like pages in a picture book?! His top quill just seems to pop into existence from out of the back of his head!

This wreck is nearly 8 years old and I'm still finding new things to laugh at, even after Game Grumps' incompetence at just dicking around, jeez.