Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I knda want something new for a theme song, but not dub step. Dub step can a stage or something but not a theme. That's what I think would be better.

I'm putting a (not irl) bet down that it'll be a faster version of Sonic Boom, mixed with a little electro.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Sonic Boom isn't the theme song for the show. As long as it's catchy and sounds good, I don't give a damn if it's dubstep, even though I like dubstep though.

Edited by SoniTH

It's just a cheap joke anyway, don't fret.

Still managed to get someone commenting "not bad" anyways which is baffling me, it's literally Sonic Boom run through an automatic dubstep filter

Also I really doubt they'll use "Sonic Boom" for this. At most, at most, it might make a "cameo" in the game or something.

Still managed to get someone commenting "not bad" anyways which is baffling me, it's literally Sonic Boom run through an automatic dubstep filter.

I gotta hear this now. Want to hear for myself xD

While SEGA's shown they're willing to appeal to the older generation's tastes in music (they keep Crush 40 around for events despite their lack of prevalence in games for years), I doubt the show will make use of Sonic Boom as a song.

I could see the game possibly making use of alternate tracks for levels and such and using Boom in some manner as a treat for older fans, however. I presume it'd be instrumental, however.

BRB are currently updating their site. Not that we should expect new info on Boom to suddenly crop up, but they might finally finish the page about their team, which will give us more insight to who is actually working on the game.

Eh, uh, you linked to this page.

Eh, uh, you linked to this page.

No I didn't tongue.png The board has been cocking up URLs lately (like A Real Human Bean's post at the top of the previous page before he fixed it) and I'm not quite sure why. Either way, fixed now and it's not hard to find their website yourself either.

They have already revealed a lot of their team so there is no point in really waiting.

Heres a list of 46 out of 60 members of the big red button team.

just click to go to next page

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116290273509678331027/albums/5981107970249690177/5981107976511367154?pid=5981107976511367154&oid=116290273509678331027

Full team(sure youve seen this already)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116290273509678331027/albums/5981107970249690177/5981110470429048034?pid=5981110470429048034&oid=116290273509678331027

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a very stupid theory here but.. Remember how Hunnid P, Knuckles' SA2 level song artist, said he was working with SEGA? In a project coming up. Remember how this was sometime close to Generations. Also you know how Boom's been in development since after Generations? Hunnid P Knuckles theme or even level songs? Nah tongue.png it's a pretty silly theory.

Maybe he'll do a theme tune rap for Boom. Static Shock, American Dragon: Jake Long and Yin Yang Yo had one. I don't see why this wouldn't follow suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I'm really itching to hear about is the matters concerning Boom's tv show and videogame music departments.

Probably expect some western tunes (not cowboy stuff ,_,) or maybe ST will lend music talent. I kinda feel this soundtrack might be lacking

What exactly do you mean by Western, Light? I'm imagining "HERE COMES SHERIFF WOODY, THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT, SOMEBODY'S POISONED THE WATERHOLE" background noise now. And I'm pretty sure that isn't what you meant by western tunes.

• Thumbs Up 3

If the Crash Bandicoot games, Richard Jacques, innumerable fan works, etc have taught me something, it's that Sonic Boom has ever more,the huge chance of having a spectacular soundtrack, given the right talent.

• Thumbs Up 2

So as you can see in my signature, I'e been playing some Jak and Daxter over my Birthday thanks to the HD Collection! And I rally my worries with how BRB are going to be handling the soundtrack to the game, truth be told if it's anything like Jak II then my worries are no more because, even if it isn't grandiose and exciting like SONIC ROCK MUSIC YEAAAH! It STILL accompanies and embodies the experience well, especially with multi-layered soundtracks that cover various events and transitions between scenes, like how the Haven City music instantly transitions into the "being chased by guards" music and back out again when the heat drops. It may be simple beats and chill background music, but it just...Works for that type of game. Besides the soundtrack is nothing to be scoffed at, because it's actually pretty fucking good anyway!

Another thing I'd like to see return for Boom! Is NO LOADING SCREENS, I totally forgot that the loading screens in Jak II were hidden behind unlocking doors between areas, but no sequence breaking loading walls, it's all seamless and stream lined to the point of smooth transition from cutscene to gameplay again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of all the people to compose Sonic Boom.... how about for a really unconventional choice?....

Spencer Neilsen.

The guy's work on Sonic CD's US OST felt appropriately atmospheric and dark, while still having fun with itself at points and still feeling like a Sonic soundtrack to me, I think bringing him in would be a highly unexpected yet-fitting choice if you really think about it.  Sonic Boom is showing Sonic's independence in the West, while Sonic CD's US soundtrack had its own unique identity that differentiated the two versions of the game. He hasn't been doing much over the years, but I would love to see what he could bring to the table if he got to work on another Sonic game. Music is subjective, and I know how polarizing CD's US soundtrack is, but it would be a brilliant move to bring him in, if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 3

I meant like country music... but Sonic-ized. No joking, but like um.. Haven't played any of the BRB teams previous games (like before they became BRB) So I don't know those but what I mean is like fitting with the atmosphere, but not over the top awesome. It still might be awesome though, and Chaosincarnate's idea doesn't sound all that bad!

Out of all the people to compose Sonic Boom.... how about for a really unconventional choice?....

Spencer Neilsen.

The guy's work on Sonic CD's US OST felt appropriately atmospheric and dark, while still having fun with itself at points and still feeling like a Sonic soundtrack to me, I think bringing him in would be a highly unexpected yet-fitting choice if you really think about it.  Sonic Boom is showing Sonic's independence in the West, while Sonic CD's US soundtrack had its own unique identity that differentiated the two versions of the game. He hasn't been doing much over the years, but I would love to see what he could bring to the table if he got to work on another Sonic game. Music is subjective, and I know how polarizing CD's US soundtrack is, but it would be a brilliant move to bring him in, if you ask me.

Well, it wouldnt be the first oldtimer on this project, we already have Chris Senn

• Thumbs Up 1