Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I didn't know either, stuff like that blows my mind especially since I can't hear a hint of eggman in her voice at all.

That thing is over an hour long. No way anyone's going to sit through all of that. Where about is the supposed Boom info, and is it really anything new?

I gave up at twenty minutes. The only thing I noticed in there referencing Sonic Boom is that, at the beginning, they stated a variety of Eggman quotes and asked Mike Pollock if he could remember what game they were from. He kept remarking that unless he is required to remember quotes he doesn't remember them and therefore wouldn't know.

When they did ask him quotes, he spouted off random names that mentioned Sonic characters but weren't actually Sonic games. I think he was joking for the most part, but one quote in particular is interesting. They said "Wouldn't the door have been easier?" (from Sonic '06) and Pollock responded by saying "Oh yeah, that one's easy, that's from the upcoming TV series Sonic Boom! Although I don't know how those scripts got leaked..." or something like that.

It's a fun reference, but that's about it. If he talked any more about Sonic Boom, it was after the point where I stopped so I never caught it. I dunno; might hint at Shadow's appearance on the series? He did say that to Shadow after Shadow smashed through the ceiling, though of course that's grasping at straws. :P

http://youtu.be/9Zerw9DgA2U

Huh, from about 0:45 to 0:59 the lyrics actually fit pretty well.

Even better done, here's Crush 40's "Sonic Boom" played throughout the whole trailer which is edited to cooperate with the lyrcis to just about a "T"!

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh fuck, it was actually Sonic who says "what exactly is this place?"

This whole time i thought it was knuckles who said that.

And that timing in the trailer

"If your strong" (knuckles digging and coming up)

"You can fly" (Amy using hammer to swing her up high.)

Coolio...

Edit: the edited version did a good job.

I swear if "Sonic Boom" is not the theme song of this show/game, this would be the biggest missed opportunity I have ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 8

I swear if "Sonic Boom" is not the theme song of this show/game, this would be the biggest missed opportunity I have ever seen.

I love the song, but it's a little dated. I'm not sure it would work in a 2014 TV show, especially if they're trying to bring in new Sonic fans. They need something new, and modern to appeal to the current generation of kids.

• Thumbs Up 2

yeah, like Skrillex!!

I'm not saying I like Skrillex, but lots of younger people do. If SEGA wants new fans, this actually isn't a shit idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love the song, but it's a little dated. I'm not sure it would work in a 2014 TV show, especially if they're trying to bring in new Sonic fans. They need something new, and modern to appeal to the current generation of kids.

I see what your saying that would be a good idea, but I still think the Crush 40 version of "Sonic Boom" would be a good alternative in my opinion since it's a fresh/new version of the song.

• Thumbs Up 4

Roger has done a Sonic Boom Dissected video, he's digging it though it seems he has issues with Knuckles' new design and the Burnbot joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOR0Jekxyzw

More or less the reason it's named Burn rather than the joke itself. Yeah I saw that awhile ago but it didn't seem to.. umm.. darn being sick! DARN YOOOUUUUUU! The Light program will return after the technical issues have been fixed. (No really being sick stinks)

I found Mike Pollock's role in the Katy Perry commercial as mentioned in FTCR's interview:

He's Fat Cat, wow! LOL

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, if any vocal song will be used as a theme song, it has to be Sonic Boom, no question. I don't care which version... but why the hell not? Sonic Boom being the theme song of... well, Sonic Boom, is about as simple as possible.

However, I want a show or game trailer on April Fool's day playing You can Do Anything over Sonic Boom just to stir up appropriate reactions out of everyone.

• Thumbs Up 3

However, I want a show or game trailer on April Fool's day playing You can Do Anything over Sonic Boom just to stir up appropriate reactions out of everyone.

I'd laugh so hard if they did that, you have no idea.

I, like everyone else it seems, genuinely expect the theme song to be Sonic Boom, but I think it'll be a new remix rather than any version we've heard before. Obviously with 100% more dubstep.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, if any vocal song will be used as a theme song, it has to be Sonic Boom, no question. I don't care which version... but why the hell not? Sonic Boom being the theme song of... well, Sonic Boom, is about as simple as possible.

Ah, using the Japanese theme for a western Sonic. Priceless.biggrin.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

Obviously with 100% more dubstep.

On the topic of dubstep, even though most are half serious about it, it can go either way honestly. One one hand, just because we heard Bangarang in the trailer doesn't mean it's going to be the same theme song, it's not like Tenderoni or Cinema ever were for Generations and Lost World (and the fact that people think they were going to be used in game make me LOL).

However, Dubstep is taking prominence as one of the most popular music genres nowadays, and while I'm not personally a fan, I could see Sega of America/BRB trying to appeal to the "cool" and "hip" crowd and use dubstep in the game.

It's nothing to get too worried about for those that hate dubstep, but it's still something to consider.

Ah, using the Japanese them for a western Sonic. Priceless.biggrin.png

This reminds me, I think a few people are taking the "...my name is Eggman" line literally (that is, in this continuity, his name literally is Eggman rather than it just being a supervillain alternate name), but what if that is the case? It'd be hilarious on a meta level since Robotnik was an invention for the Western localization of classic Sonic, so for it to not show up in the first "purely Western Sonic" thing in a long time...

On the topic of dubstep, even though most are half serious about it, it can go either way honestly. One one hand, just because we heard Bangarang in the trailer doesn't mean it's going to be the same theme song, it's not like Tenderoni or Cinema ever were (and the fact that people think they were going to be used in game make me LOL).

However, Dubstep is taking prominence as one of the most popular music genres nowadays, and while I'm not personally a fan, I could see Sega of America/BRB trying to appeal to the "cool" and "hip" crowd and use dubstep in the game.

It's nothing to get too worried about for those that hate dubstep, but it's still something to consider.

For the record, I really don't mind dubstep one way or the other. I mean when it comes to whether or not I enjoy music, it depends on individual songs for me rather than entire genres. As long as it's a nice theme I'll be happy...though no matter what I'll probably end up skipping the theme after a few episode simply so I don't get annoyed by it, haha. There's very few shows where I'll listen to the theme every single time. Gravity Falls' opening, for example, is one that I can never see myself skipping...and now that I think about it I never got tired of any of the previous Sonic cartoon's themes. Even if "gotta go fast" was a guilty pleasure...

• Thumbs Up 5

For the record, I really don't mind dubstep one way or the other. I mean when it comes to whether or not I enjoy music, it depends on individual songs for me rather than entire genres. As long as it's a nice theme I'll be happy...though no matter what I'll probably end up skipping the theme after a few episode simply so I don't get annoyed by it, haha. There's very few shows where I'll listen to the theme every single time. Gravity Falls' opening, for example, is one that I can never see myself skipping...and now that I think about it I never got tired of any of the previous Sonic cartoon's themes. Even if "gotta go fast" was a guilty pleasure...

Ha, same! biggrin.png I'm probably one of the few people that will take Gotta Go Fast over Sonic Drive any day biggrin.png

If the theme song happens to be Dubstep, I'll just go into it with an open mind. I listen to numerous genres of music all across my Ipod, so I don't expect to get too hot and bothered by what the song is for the TV show and/or game. Although I would like at least one of them to be vocal, it's how well made and competent the song itself is that truly matters in the end. 

Still, I'll be perfectly content if the game's theme song is a booming orchestral theme like The World Adventure, Colors' theme, and Wonder World. I could listen to all of those every day and never get tired of them.

After the ear sex that is lava mountain act 3 in SLW, I wouldn't mind if the opening was dubstep.

• Thumbs Up 2

I, like everyone else it seems, genuinely expect the theme song to be Sonic Boom, but I think it'll be a new remix rather than any version we've heard before. Obviously with 100% more dubstep.

Speak for yourself, I'd be pretty surprised if Sonic Boom was used as the theme tune (unless it was a totally unrelated song by the same name, which isn't unlikely). Let's not forget that this is a totally new branch of the franchise that's been handed over almost 100% to people who have nothing to with the existing franchise, and there's little ground for nostalgic elements. I'm expecting something much more modern sounding than Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would be more surprised if they did do the original version of Sonic Boom.  I think a remix would do better.