Awoo.

Animal Crossing New Leaf~

Nintendoga

I don't have enough to get it from amazon...unless I borrow some money from my fiancée. I'm seriously even considering next day delivery ( and I never do) just to get this game!!

Protip for UK gamers planning to download this from the eShop:

@scully1888:

If you want to play Animal Crossing NOW, buy a download code from http://Game.co.uk  for £29.99. Fiver cheaper than eShop and works now

Go go go go!

That fucking QR code machine can't unlock fast enough.

So does anyone have any villagers they like? I have Pango, Midge, and Boomer, whereas I pretty much just hate everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got my pre-order in the post yesterday and been playing it ever since! My only niggle with it so far is that you can't use the D-pad when designing patterns,  I found it much quicker to make pixel art using the D-pad rather than drawing by hand in Wild World. But you can zoom in on the pattern, so it's not too bad :P.

I'm looking to get different types of fruit if anyone would like to trade? I've got pears in my town and some peaches growing too (though they wont be finished growing for a couple more days).

So I've got this downloading as I type. The last AC I played was Wild World, how much better is this exactly?

tumblr_moedp1zOdr1qzp9weo2_1280.jpg

His body is ready.

My body was ready too! I put the same message on my card!

And why Registered May 1st?

I love Carmen and Rolf. I've had them in past games too.

I like Lucky and Annalisa.

I don't mind Glora.

I hate Stinky.

I'm getting Klaus soon, but he's new to New Leaf so I have no idea if I'll like him or not. He has a smug personality.

I've played all the AC games and this is my favourite so far. My only real dislike is that Blathers doesn't chatter away about the donations any more because I always really liked that, and they could have made it optional? Otherwise though I think they've improved a lot of things and added in a lot of good things too. I also like that this one feels more focused. You don't have to do Mayor stuff if you don't want to, but you can and I think it benefits from that because not everyone likes the aimless-ness of AC.

This is my house right now, but it's expanding tomorrow!

tumblr_moej1iMC6N1rvm6d7o1_400.jpg

I have a town dominated by mice and rabbits.

Limberg

Rod

Chester

Bunnie

Tiffany

Beardo (a new character, a bear with an epic case of mutton chops)

Diva (Also a new character. A purple frog with the "big sis" personality type)

Edited by Super Mario

I love Bunnie, she's in my WW town and one of my favourite villagers overall.

Does anyone like the frog characters? I never like them. Or the rhinos, or hippos, or cows, or pigs, or monkeys, or apes... actually I liked one of the cows, once.

Edited by Mollfie

I have a panda named Chow and a lion named Bud, and I hate them both. Bud moreso.

There's also Broffina the chicken who's an NL newcomer, I'm neutral about her. And then tomorrow I'm getting Jacques who's apparently a smug type.

So is this an MMO or something?

solkia u fool

Animal Crossing is an adorable debt simulator.

• Thumbs Up 6

My neighbours are Stinky, Lucy, Amelia, Chief and Bluebear! I have no opinions on them so far apart from having a hawk is awesome

I've got Chow, Axel, Mitzi, Moe, and Dotty. :3

I have a feeling I'll hate Chow, but everyone else is great.

Mine are Lucky, Bertha, Bluebear, Harry, Baabara, and my other resident, Freckles :3

I like them all so far, Lucky seems to be really cool but accident prone, Bluebear is a total airhead and girly girl, Baabara is a Diva and quite snooty at times, Bertha loves to talk and shop and Harry is pretty down to earth, loves to fish and calls me "Beach bum" all the time.

Bluebear also calls me "Sweet S" This game is adorable, I've only had it for a day and this sort of game isn't usually what I go for but I got it free thanks to JezMM! Really enjoying it so far though, I can see grinding being a huge part of the game later on, just planted some orange trees. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

I have Mitzi (I remember her from the first game so this is pure nostalgia), Pudge (the most adorable neighbor ever), Leonardo the workout nut, Bangle who is just adorable, and Fang, the tsundre wolf (who I will get to love me!)

All in all I love this game, and I'd love to visit your towns! I'll post my friend code later (you take all my fruit and I'll kill you)

• Thumbs Up 1

On the topic of free:

Each day this is more and more unlikely, but if you are lucky enough and are interested in the 3DS XL AC Edition, well, your best shot is Toys R Us. Gamestop is impossible, because whatever stock they have is either pre-order only or already put on hold. Toys R Us didn't do pre-orders for it, so they sell it off the shelf.

And my wife decided she wanted one 2 days after it came out, I really didn't think I would find it, and lo and behold, my local TRU had 2! On top of that, my soon-to-be-ex-supervisor from my job is a gamer and used to work at Gamestop, and I convinced her to get the other one!

To add insult to injury, thanks to Cheapassgamer.com, I got an even better deal on it: It retails for $219.99 and I paid full price for it. HOWEVER, Best Buy has an ad that ends tomorrow for this week that states "All 3DS and XL $25 Off". I took that to TRU for a price-match, and the store manager didn't do the math right (or was just being lazy/nice to me - can't decide), and instead of literally taking $25 off what I paid ($194.99), he looked at the price for the REGULAR 3DS XL and honored that price instead ($174.99)!

So I basically got the limited edition XL for $174.99 and it's like I got the game free of charge (I got $45 back). I used that money to buy a physical copy for myself for only $30. Win win win.

Edit: I decided to take a couple of screenshots to show off my Mayor:

ikax.jpg

hwv6.jpg

ntmq.jpg

About the pattern, I Google'd for it and took a while to put it in... The hat that is. The S from SEGA, I got it from animalcrossingcommunity.com.

9n08.jpg

And this is Sonic's icon from Sonic Advance 3, which I plan to make it the flag of my town, which happens to be called... *drum roll*

Soleanna.

I will add my Friend Code on my sig if anyone is interested in visiting my town! Really like this game!

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 1

My neighbors are Alli, Midge, Wendy, Samson, Kabuki, Shep, and Bob. Alli's real cute but she gets pissy easily so I don't know how I feel about her and Samson is basically Scrappy Doo so there's no place for him in this town. Shep is growing on me, Wendy and Midge are total sweethearts, Kabuki's got some sick-ass tattoos and Bob

well Bob is Bob (he bought me a shirt and got all bashful wow what a hottie)

• Thumbs Up 1

So where's everyone decided to build their house? I've put mine near the bottom overlooking the beach, there's only one other house on my side of the river. 

I chose the map with the houses as close to each other as possible, and then I placed my house opposite of them so I could have my own space. It just so happens that there's also a little pond by it, and I like to consider it MY PROPERTY.

Edited by tenchibr

I chose the map with the houses as close to each other as possible, and then I placed my house opposite of them so I could have my own space. It just so happens that there's also a little pond by it, and I like to consider it MY PROPERTY.

i see the beginnings of a very harsh dictatorship

i see the beginnings of a very harsh dictatorship

I'm gonna be known as the Mayor with an iron fist. Poor animals, they will never see it coming.

I just got this game today, and I love it so far! :D My neighbours are Boomer, Mitzi, Stinky, Yuka, and Tutu. :) I was just in time for the Bug Off too! :D I'm gonna be busy with this for quite a while. :P